radio414

radio414 rates music thread

23 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

correction to a thing i dmed you about i've also seen the out of touch thursdays meme

anyway enjoyed it more than i thought i would given its energy and my current mood 6.5/10

22 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

this music video is asking a lot out of me what with the no music for a minute and then cutting the music off later for a moment but the song is fine 7/10

OP Suggestion: I don't really have words for this one other than "witchy" 7/10 

21 hours ago, The Chayncemaniac said:

wouldn't you put the "for sale" sign on the side facing the road not the house? they get it right near the end so idk what's up with that opening shot. song is solid 7/10 though

20 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Suffers a bit from being a youtube video from 2007 but I found it on Spotify so it's all good. turns out i was in exactly the mood for this unlike last time 8/10

OP Suggestion: More Lingua Ignota because it's really good ok? I know it's an acquired taste and all that (and I said as much the first time I posted a song of hers) but she has a very specific aesthetic and she does it very well 10/10 

On 8/29/2021 at 2:50 AM, The Chayncemaniac said:

the legally blonde musical has better songs but this is okay sure 6/10

smooth jazz undercurrent for some smooth hip-hop bars 7/10 

doing these ratings again baybee

On 8/31/2021 at 3:04 AM, LordCowCow said:

the plot of undertale (and also the lyrics): asgore doesn't look you in the eye

art: asgore looks right at the viewer

Not actually a fan of the lyrics but ASGORE is a good enough song regardless so 6.5/10

On 8/31/2021 at 2:15 PM, The Chayncemaniac said:

6/10 sure, but kind of just there

OP Suggestion: New OP suggestion though because I can and these are based on my mood anyway. This is still pretty chill like the last one was, though 8/10 

can't post this in cow's thread so it's going here instead

23 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

posting the version from the movie is a choice but the song is iconic for a reason 8/10

18 hours ago, yui said:

this doesn't affect my rating, I don't think, but still, what's with the weird out-of-place beep at 1:24-1:25? I thought it was my headphones but it's consistently there.

Anyway, 7.5/10? The first time I listened I was kind of like "that's it?" but it did grow on me.

OP Suggestion: This glitch hop is a bit more aggressive than I'm used to but I got used to it after a few listens and now would like to share 7/10

On 9/4/2021 at 3:53 AM, LordCowCow said:

Was overwhelmingly busy on first listen, still kind of busy later but became a bit more manageable 6/10

OP Suggestion: This one is also busy but a different type of busy. It's "jam session" busy, except here the jam session is from Ethiopia and that's pretty cool 7/10 

16 minutes ago, yui said:

art/10 such a masterpiece cannot be defined by proper numbers

OP Suggestion: Returned to an old well of math rock and remembered that Giraffes? Giraffes! exists. If you like wild drumbeats and slick guitar jams golly gee do I have the band for you. 8.5/10

On 9/8/2021 at 9:02 PM, LordCowCow said:

I actually didn't realize these were two different songs mixed together until I looked it up, that's neat. 8/10

OP Suggestion: okay technically this song is for plants not humans but screw it we can listen to it anyway mort garrison can't tell me what to do 7/10 

22 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

i think everyone heard this song a bunch growing up -- where did it even come from?

are kids still forced to do line dances to it? where did it go?

5/10 

OP Suggestion: have a fun song with a cute music video tonight 7.5/10

18 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

6.5/10 liked it well enough sure

OP Suggestion: This guy keeps emailing me so I guess I'll put one of his songs here. Song starts at 5:44 unless you want to hear some discussion beforehand. Honestly I haven't liked some of the other stuff he's sent me but this one's not bad 6.5/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqiPGWe5e3g

apparently youtube doesn't like me embedding this video so take what you can get sergio

13 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Didn't expect this one to be four minutes long while listening to it, lol. Not that that's a bad thing, just interesting.

6.5/10 also

OP Suggestion: *shuffles close* hey kid, do you want some... guitar lessons?

This isn't that, but it is a meditation with electric guitars as the medium and it's pretty good, I think. 8/10