Saikazo

Fate/Chrono Break『IC/Late Acceptance Possible (Won't be in Arc 1 though)』

fate.png

Episode 1: The Grand Order

Theme Song

Saber… masters of swords whose own legends often surpass beyond they who wield them.

Lancer… wielders of spears, lances, any and all weapons that provide the extra reach that make striking them down all but impossible.

Archer… the true masters of the long-range weaponry who possess such incredible strength of will that they virtually become their own masters.

Rider… they who've mastered their mounts to such a degree that even upon their own feet they are a passing blur to untrained eyes.

Caster… magicians, sorcerers, witches, and warlocks, they are the artisans of the magical arts, purveyors of spells and enchantments long lost to modern time and its scientific convention.

Assassin… the shadow walkers who move silent and unseen by their victims until their blades are buried to the hilt in their heart.

Berserker… the mad dogs of war whose sheer physical might is rivaled only by their inhuman madness…

Avenger… they whose lives were spent in the name of vengeance, be it for themselves or others…

Ruler… they whom sat upon their thrones and pedestals as the people below looked up to them to follow their every word, their every command, those who inspire faith, who inspire loyalty, who are led as much as they lead.

Each class unique, each suited for battle, each ready to save the world...

9:30 AM, Chaldean Command Room

Chaldea was in a buzz, making sure everything was up and running. They couldn't afford mistakes today, not when it was finally time. Standing in the center of the room, right in front of the blue globe was one Kirschtaria Wodime, his presence was like a shot in the arm to every other worker in the room. After ensuring that the globe was indeed working as intended, the man walked over back towards the entrance of the room, looking for one person in particular. She didn't seem to be in this room, which could only mean...

The Director walked out of the room, walking down the white halls until he came to the lab. Respectably and gracefully, he knocked on the door before calling out. "Aino, today's the day. Make sure you are dressed in proper uniform before coming to the entrance. The others will be here in thirty minutes, and we'll need to greet them," with that, he felt, headed right to the entrance of Chaldea, watching the falling snow as he waited for the helicopters to arrive. 

10 AM, Unknown location

Over a snowy land, four helicopters flew, each headed to the same destination, despite coming form many different places on Earth. Before each person could board their helicopter, they were blindfolded, and while given a choice of music to listen to, were not given much else in terms of entertainment. However, as the helicopters neared Chaldea, their blindfolds were taken off...

With Souta Aozaki, as soon as the blindfold came off, he could see a woman that looked to be in her twenties sitting across from him, a book on her lap. "We're getting close to Chaldea," She informed him. "The Director seems eager to meet you, and to that end, has arranged this catalyst for you," She handed him the book, one that was obviously old and well read, the words "A Study in Scarlet" nearly faded from the cover. "Mr. Wodime himself gave this catalyst, so be sure to take care of it," She said with a smile.

With Adonis Daiwe, the undoing of his blindfold revealed an old Israelian man, a briefcase siting next to the suited man. With a heavy sigh, the old man picked up the suit case, pressing his finger against some sort of scanner. After his finger was scanned, the suitcase opened with a heavy hiss, revealing a piece of a stone tablet on it. There seemed to be some sort of marking on it, but the tablet piece was so small, there was no way the marking was an entire symbol. "This is a priceless treasure of our people," He explained solemnly. "It took almost three hundred years to find, and frankly, if it wasn't for Chaldea and its immense resources, there would be no way the Israel government would hand this over. Be very sure to take good care of it," He carefully picked up the stone tablet and handed it over to Adonis, closing the case soon after.

Maita Masahiko was greeted with the sight of a short man with red hair. "Alright, 'ere's de deal," The man said as he flipped a golden ring into the air, it landing on Maita's lap. "Dis 'ere is a ring dat was owned by de great Iresh 'ero, Cu Chulainn. Wit any loehck, dat's who'll you'll get. We'd 'ave gahtten you de earrengs dat were used last time to soehmmahn 'im, but dat twet Bazzet lost dem, alahng wit 'er life. Be sure naht to lose dese, we'd like to soehmmahn 'im in ahther holy grail wars," He shrugged as he leaned back. "We dahn't know what class you'll get, I guess hope fahr Lancer,"

And finally, Genevieve Mireille had what looked like a talent agent sitting across from her, a small smile on their face. On their lap was a small case designed to hold glasses, but when it was opened, all there was inside was a monocle. "This monocle looks very ordinary, but believe me when I say it's anything but," The agent explained as they carefully handed it over to Genny. "It took a lot for us to get our hands on this. As it turns out, stealing form a family of thieves isn't easy," With a chuckle they looked out the window. "Oh... we're here,"

As the helicopters landed and shut their engines off, they were greeted by Wodime standing outside, unperturbed by the snow and the wind the helicopters created. He gently dusted off some snow from his shoulder as they all approached him, a large smile on the man's face. "Welcome everyone, to Chaldea!" He threw his arms out wide as he said this in a grand tone. "Today marks the day where we take our first steps to protect the Human Order. Are you ready to take that journey with us?" Without waiting for an answer, he turned around, slipping past Aino and headed into the building, obviously expecting the others to follow.

"Now, we do have uniforms for you all, however, there is something I'm sure you all would rather do first," He said as he traveled down the white halls. "After all, one of the most exciting parts of saving the world is meeting the hero you'll do it with, right?" He stopped in front of two large black doors, waiting for the others to catch up. "From this moment on, your very lives will change. If any of you have any second thoughts, now is the time to back down," He paused before he looked to Aino. "Except you Aino, you have to stay," He then reached over and pushed opened the door, revealing a sort of waiting room. There were a few chairs and a large viewing window next to a door that lead to the room beyond, where there was another room, one completely empty expect for a singular circular table.

Sitting in one of the chairs was a handsome man with white hair wearing a lab coat. Seeing the group enter, he stood up, straightening his jacket. "Director, I assume it's time?" he asked, his voice tinged with a German accent.

"Indeed it is, Albert!" Wodime confirmed as he walked over to stand by him. "Why don't you explain to our new members what exactly how they'll summon their Servants?" With a nod, the white haired man approached the other and gave a polite bow.

"Greetings everyone, my name is Albert Einstein, but you can call me Albert, if you wish," He greeted, as he turned to the window. "That room is our Summoning Chamber, and in it lies perhaps our most valuable artifact. It's a table of Arthurian fame, the Round Table, a place where heroes gather. Using it and your catalysts, we will call your servants into the world. Now, we have to do this one at a time, so what you'll do is walk into the room, and place your catalyst on the table. Then, you place your hand on the edges on the able, and let your magic flow into the the table, and then... call out!" He pumped a fist before continuing. "Be it a chant, a cry for help, or just a command, if you lay all your convictions into your words and reach out, a hero will answer you!"

As he was explaining this, Wodime walked over to Aino, handing her a teacup filled with warm tea. "Be careful not to spill it. I'm sure your Heroic Spirit will enjoy it once they're summoned," After this he walked up to join Albert and turned to address the others. "And there you have it! Your destiny now awaits for you! Who will step up first?"

OOC

Spoiler

So, here we are, in the first post of Fate/Chrono Break. To everyone reading, thank you for waiting, I hope we all have a great time. To my RPers, for your opening posts, feel free to dive into how your character spent the morning, their thoughts on the current situation, and the actual summoning of your servant. In each of the data sheets I shared with you, I have added a small section for the summoning itself so you have something to work with. Feel free to make tweaks to it, but please try not to change what the servants say, these small glimpses into their personalities are important!

With that, have fun! I will make the next deadline either when everyone has posted, or Nov. 22nd of this month. Let's go!

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

BGM

This was something he never was expecting, especially with agreeing to join Chaldea. The blindfolding thing, while he understood why...didn't mean this still wasn't weird to him. Nevertheless, the trip to this "undisclosed location" that Chaldea was at was a pleasant one to say the least, even if he couldn't see and only hear the sounds of the helicopter's engines. But then again, he at least had the sounds of some classical music to calm and stimulate his mind for the trip. However, all the while, however, his mind began to wander...namely upon the fact that he had to send word in advance to Japan in regards to his family to let them know of the situation. He didn't have to...but it would be proper for someone of his caliber to at least give them warning...

...but he honestly didn't care. This was HIS choice for his life...not his father's nor his family's...

Soon, however, he felt the blindfold being removed, to which he saw a woman, about in her twenties, sitting across from him. Souta did have to admit it, she was quite a beautiful girl...but he kept his general wants of flirting with her to a minimum, which at this point meant not at all. "We're getting close to Chaldea. The Director seems eager to meet you, and to that end, has arranged this catalyst for you," She handed him the book, one that was obviously old and well read, the words "A Study in Scarlet" nearly faded from the cover. "Mr. Wodime himself gave this catalyst, so be sure to take care of it."

"A Study in Scarlet?" Souta asked, taking hold of the old and well read book. A small smile appeared on his face, opening it carefully and skimming through the pages as they quickly flipped by. "An attempt for him, I see." The young man nodded, understanding the reasoning. "Well, if we garner the blessing of the world's most renown detective, then so be it. Regardless, I'll treat this book with the upmost respect and care."

Finally the helicopter made it's destination, already landing while Souta was actually reading through a few pages, only stopping at one sentence: "There's the scarlet thread of murder running through the colorless skein of life, and our duty is to unravel it, and isolate it, and expose every inch of it". Once it made a complete stop, Souta closed the book and began to stand up. Adjusting his clothes and even grabbing the rapier that lay on the floor of the helicopter and properly placing it on his side, the young man exited the helicopter with the worn book in his hand. The cold frigid air whipped around him, but it didn't deter him whatsoever. This was the start of a new journey for him...and he would see it through.

"Welcome everyone, to Chaldea! Today marks the day where we take our first steps to protect the Human Order. Are you ready to take that journey with us? Now, we do have uniforms for you all, however, there is something I'm sure you all would rather do first. After all, one of the most exciting parts of saving the world is meeting the hero you'll do it with, right? From this moment on, your very lives will change. If any of you have any second thoughts, now is the time to back down,"

Souta followed the man, Wodime, through the white halls and while he offered to allow those gathered there today to leave now...he simply shook his head. "If I may sir. This is the first thing I've done for myself...there is no way I would back down from something I wanted to do." With his peace said, he and those around him were introduced to Albert...as in Albert Einstein. This was, for all intents and purposes, a Heroic Spirit that he read quite a bit about during the Mage's Association. Regardless, they were directed to a room...where they, in simple terms, said they'd be able to summon their own Heroic Spirit by the use of the catalyst.

"And there you have it! Your destiny now awaits for you! Who will step up first?"

Without hesitation, well...after having some small hesitation, Souta exhaled and stepped forward. "Aozaki Souta...I'll be first." he said, already making his way into the room. Another exhale escaped his lips as he looked at his catalyst before gently putting the book down on the table. Placing his hands on the table, he let another exhale leave his lips, before beginning to speak again. He did do some looking into how to speak forth about summoning a Heroic Spirit...so he'd just have to do what he could.

"My will creates thy body and thy power creates my fate.
Heed my calling...raise thyself to fight at my side.
Let us follow the wind, against all barriers and walls shall prevail.
From the Seventh-Heaven clad, in accordance with the great words of power...
Using the catalyst before thee, come forth from the circle of binding, Great Heroic Warrior!"

BGM

As Souta finished his chant, the sounds of bells began to fill the air as the wind picked up around him. The table turned a dreary blue as pieces of papers appeared, caught up in the wind. The paper began to multiply, soon blocking Souta’s sight of anything but the table in front of him.

...w-what the hell?! he thought, not being able to see much of anything in front of him. Nevertheless, he remained focused until this summoning was complete. Still, this summoning of a Servant, this was...unlike anything he had ever experienced before. It was...exhilarating.

In one final burst of energy, a middle aged man appeared on the table with a small smile on his face. He looked to be of British descent, wearing a white undershirt and dress pants, a well mustache on his face. The wind died down with the papers dissolving as the man straightened out his clothes.

“Hello, my good man,” The Heroic Spirit spoke with a British accent. “If you were attempting to summon a great detective, then I am sorry to disappoint, but I am not him. However, you don’t stick by Sherlock for over 40 years and not pick up on his tricks. Caster Dr. John H Watson, at your service, Master.”

"...of course..." Souta nodded, his hand being placed on his chin. "While this could've given me Sherlock, I have been given the other individual...one who's been with Sherlock since the beginning. It's pretty impressive." The young man gave a small smile, looking the Caster Class familiar over again. "Dr. Watson, an honor to meet you. I'm Aozaki Souta. I await the moment for us working together."

Edited by Chaos Sonic

How long had she been here, anyway?

Aino was never really one for counting days, but she was willing to make a special exception for this. Her employment at Chaldea. Or, in other words, "How long has it been since I was effectively kidnapped by Kirschtaria Wodime?" To his credit, of course, he wasn't like other mages. Treated Aino well enough. Certainly better than her family or those spineless worms at the Clock Tower. He simply let her work to her heart's content on new mystic codes, and Chaldea certainly had the resources for it. But it still wasn't the Atlas Academy, where she thought she'd finally made it and would be free to tinker as she wished for the rest of her days. Then sure enough, there he was at the last second. Still, this was a really nice facility, with good food, cozy beds, and big enough rooms that Aino was able to make hers double as her lab. It wasn't like Wodime had to go to these extents for Chaldea. Some part of her imagined that the facilities here were probably nicer than those of the Atlas Academy she was about to join when they met.

Maybe I give him too much trouble over that.

...nah. Upon further reflection, she gave Director Wodime just the right amount of flak. And even if she was too harsh with him, Aino definitely wasn't going to just forgive the guy. If he was going to just hire her anyway, wouldn't it have made more sense to pick her up from the Clock Tower instead of waiting until she'd already tired herself out trekking across Europe? Had the journey to Atlas not taken it out of her so, Aino absolutely would have put up a fight. Perhaps that's why. Like waiting for a house's light bulbs to burn out before robbing the place.

Speaking of burning out, that was exactly what today's experiment was all about. A mana conduit that wouldn't burn out. Something like that had been on her mind for a long time now, but she never really had the resources to try and make it happen. The way she saw it, although Aino had plenty of mana to go around, she only had one magical circuit with which to use it, making her subpar at best as a mage. But with even one conduit to cast magic through besides her body, that meant her output was effectively doubled. Plus, it would be a good stepping stone toward an even bigger project that she'd once heard small talk about. Something that, if it existed, would make life at Chaldea much easier. A mana battery with infinite capacity, that would never run out of power.

Now that was something that if she built it, surely its existence would be a valid argument to let Aino get discharged from Chaldea and shipped off to the Atlas Academy.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Aino, today's the day. Make sure you are dressed in proper uniform before coming to the entrance. The others will be here in thirty minutes, and we'll need to greet them."

Right. The others. As much as she preferred maintenance and engineering jobs within Chaldea, having saved the people who actually did have those jobs a lot of stress, officially, she was employed as a Master. One of a few, contracted to work within Chaldea's A-Team. When she'd asked where the rest of the team was upon arriving, she'd been told the others hadn't actually been hired yet. Now it seemed that Wodime had finally filled in that roster like he planned to. And so, setting aside what was shaping up to be another failure of a conduit, Aino instead went into her closet, pulling out her uniform. Before today, she'd only worn it once, on the day she arrived to make sure it fit properly. This one did.

Half an hour later, Aino was at the entrance to Chaldea, ready to meet those that would become her new teammates. Not a word she ever got to direct to others before. She had mixed feelings at the notion of it. Four other mages, all clearly from different backgrounds and locales. More importantly, her legs were cold. Whoever had designed this uniform - knowing full well where Chaldea would be located - would not be receiving a harsh talking-to from Aino. She'd rather just freeze their legs. Far more efficient in getting the point across. That and other forms of punishment for this horrific oversight passed through Aino's mind as she followed Wodime and the rest of the team through Chaldea, not really listening to what the Director was saying.

"If any of you have any second thoughts, now is the time to back down."

That would be me.

"Except you Aino, you have to stay."

"Playing favorites sounds like not what a director should do," Aino huffed. Next stop: The room adjacent to the summoning chamber. This part, she did want to listen to. He was no alchemist, but Aino would never dream of downplaying a genius like Albert Einstein.

"Greetings everyone, my name is Albert Einstein, but you can call me Albert, if you wish. That room is our Summoning Chamber, and in it lies perhaps our most valuable artifact. It's a table of Arthurian fame, the Round Table, a place where heroes gather. Using it and your catalysts, we will call your servants into the world. Now, we have to do this one at a time, so what you'll do is walk into the room, and place your catalyst on the table. Then, you place your hand on the edges on the table, and let your magic flow into the the table, and then... call out! Be it a chant, a cry for help, or just a command, if you lay all your convictions into your words and reach out, a hero will answer you!"

Catalysts, right. Where was hers? Everyone else seemed to be carrying something that looked like a catalyst on them - however plain most of it looked - but those were doled out on the helicopters, probably. Having not been in one herself today, someone must have had--

"Be careful not to spill it. I'm sure your Heroic Spirit will enjoy it once they're summoned."

Of course Wodime had it. Aino simply nodded in response. Frankly, she never cared much for tea. Coffee was her drink of choice. The first one up was some Aozaki Souta boy. Aino watched with what was initially general disinterest as he stepped into the room, strolled up to the table, and began his summon. She had to admit, the spectacle of an actual Servant getting summoned here was a real surprise to her. The only one she'd ever seen before today was Albert, and he'd been working here even before Aino was scooped up and shipped to Chaldea.

"I'll go next," Aino said, teacup in hand. "Aino Koskinen. Alchemist. Not your personal mechanic." If a cup of tea was to be her offering, Aino certainly didn't want to let it get cold. Honestly, the main reason she didn't go before Souta was in case the system was flawed. If something went wrong in there and the would-be Master died in a horrible explosion, she'd much rather it not be her. Convinced that everything was working as intended though, Aino made her way into the room following Souta's exit, placing the tea on the table, before rolling up her right sleeve and planting her hand firmly on the table. The one magical circuit in Aino's body began to light up as she moved her mana into the table. The one very large circuit, prompting the entirety of her arm to light up.

"Whoever you are, answering my summons, I'm skip the poetry. My job is protecting the Human Order, Director Wodime says. If you like that, answer my summon!"

BGM

The table began to glow as blue electricity crackled in the air, filling the area with the sound of thunder. At first, it was only a small amount, but soon the entire table was covered in the energy, electrifying the whole thing. Then with one huge burst of energy, a pillar of light shot to the ceiling, engulfing the whole table.

When the light died down, there stood a man dressed in green and blue samurai armor. His long green hair flowed down his back, and an eyepatch covered his right eye. “Eh? So you’re the one that summoned me? Well, you chose smartly, little miss,” The Servant stated as he bent down, picking up the teacup that was used as his catalyst, and examining it. “Saber, Date Masamune. With the One-Eyed Dragon of Ōshu on your side, no one’s gonna be able to stand in your way!” He then took a sip of the tea in the cup. “Mmm… this is very good tea. My compliments to the chef.”

"Saber..." Aino noted, glancing over her Servant, and his armor. "Loved by Masters for being the strongest class. Very powerful, but also a straightforward class. Some sort of Caster would have probably suited me better, but let's make work with what we have." Nodding toward the door, Aino went back the way she came, pulling her sleeve back down and stepping back through the door she'd entered through just moments ago.

"Is that all, Wodime? Alchemy and research will not do itself."

How long was he going to keep her here, anyway?

Interlude

Before boarding, Adonis was blindfolded and selected his choice of music: Alternative Western Rock. It was one of his guilty pleasures. As the helicopter lifted off, Adonis folded his arms gently over his chest and relaxed in his seat. The flight was smooth and quite enjoyable. He had requested to fly in on his own, but due to security measures, he understood the restrictions that required him to take a chartered flight. After some brief, unknown amount of time, Adonis' blindfold was removed and he found himself sitting beside a man of Israeli birth. He had been silent through the ride, but Adonis knew he was there. The sparks in this gentleman's brain and heart were very active. He was probably anxious. Adonis looked down at the Israeli man's lap to see that he was holding a briefcase now. Whatever was inside was why he was anxious.

The guest scanned his fingerprint on the suitcase and it opened with a hiss. Inside of it, a piece of a stone tablet resided. With a sigh, the Israeli gentleman turned to Adonis.

"This is a priceless treasure of our people," He explained solemnly. "It took almost three hundred years to find, and frankly, if it wasn't for Chaldea and its immense resources, there would be no way the Israel government would hand this over. Be very sure to take good care of it," He carefully picked up the stone tablet and handed it over to Adonis, closing the case shortly thereafter.

Adonis nodded in understanding. In his hands, he was now holding an ancient artifact. A piece of history that was claimed proudly by the Israeli people. He knew all too well how important something like this was. As he examined the tablet, Adonis took note of the incomplete symbol etched into it. This was to be his catalyst.

When the helicopters touched down at last, the chilly environment of Chaldea welcomed Adonis. The air was thin and the wind was sharp against his skin. It was a new environment for Adonis, and it was quite pleasing. He didn't visit cold places very often, but he much preferred them to the blistering heat that he was accustomed to.

Waiting to greet Adonis and currently three unknown others, was Director Wodime. With wide arms and a warm smile, he belted out to his guests, "Welcome everyone, to Chaldea!" Adonis couldn't help but smile back. The Director's excitement was infectious. "Today marks the day where we take our first steps to protect the Human Order. Are you ready to take that journey with us?"

Adonis remained silent but followed the Director and his guests inside. He took note of the people he was going to be working with: two young men and a young woman. He was clearly the oldest of the bunch, but that didn't bother him as much as it surprised him. "Now, we do have uniforms for you all, however, there is something I'm sure you all would rather do first..."

Uniforms? He was used to having to play a diplomatic role and put on a suit and tie. But uniforms? He wasn't in high school anymore. He let the thought wade out of his mind.

"After all, one of the most exciting parts of saving the world is meeting the hero you'll do it with, right?" the Director asked. He was of course referring to the catalysts that each person had been presented with. Still holding the stone tablet, Adonis looked ahead to a room that was sealed by two black doors. "From this moment on, your very lives will change. If any of you have any second thoughts, now is the time to back down."

Back down? That was insulting.

"Except you Aino, you have to stay."

Aino?

"Playing favorites sounds like not what a director should do," a young lady said with a huff. She was clearly Aino, and was much closer to the Director than anyone else in the room, judging by her quick response and banter with Director Wodime.

The Director pushed opened the large, black doors and drew his guests to a kind of waiting room. A large window was seated in front of a chamber with a round table. Inside the waiting room, a handsome gentleman with white hair greeted Director Wodime and his guests. "Why don't you explain to our new members what exactly how they'll summon their Servants?" Wodime instructed of the white haired man. He introduced this man as Albert: Albert Einstein. Whimsical genius and a well known hero.

"That room is our Summoning Chamber, and in it lies perhaps our most valuable artifact. It's a table of Arthurian fame, the Round Table, a place where heroes gather. Using it and your catalysts, we will call your servants into the world. Now, we have to do this one at a time, so what you'll do is walk into the room, and place your catalyst on the table. Then, you place your hand on the edges on the able, and let your magic flow into the the table, and then... call out!" He pumped a fist before continuing. "Be it a chant, a cry for help, or just a command, if you lay all your convictions into your words and reach out, a hero will answer you!"

"Interesting," Adonis thought silently to himself. Before he could make a move, someone had already stepped up to the plate.

"Aozaki Souta...I'll be first." The name came from one of the two young men who landed beside Adonis. He was... Japanese? His catalyst appeared to be an old book. He took the first steps into the summoning chamber and called out to his hero. When the bells and whistles of the winds stopped, Doctor Watson, Sherlock Holmes' very own best man, stood before Aozaki. Adonis was smiling again, and growing more excited by the moment. He quickly regained his composure as he considered the fact that he was called here to help protect the dominion of man, but he was excited to meet the heroes of old nonetheless.

Next, Aino entered the summoning chamber. As she called forth her hero, Adonis' hair stood on edge. A magical lightning filled the chamber and light blinded the room. When Adonis blinked again, a swordsman had been presented to Aino. He introduced himself as Date Masamune, legendary samurai.

"I'd like to summon my hero next," Adonis said, after Aino exited the chamber. He walked forward and entered the summoning chamber, closing the door behind him. Following Albert's instructions, he placed the stone tablet onto the center of the Arthurian table and placed his hands on its edges. He took a slow, deep breath, before calling out to his hero.

"Come forth, hero of old. Heed my cry. In my time of need, I call upon you to protect this world," he commanded.

As he called out to the Throne of Heroes, a gentle breeze began to pick up, gentling rustling through Adonis' hair. A small twister appeared in the center of the table, colored brown by the sand it carried. Then as quickly as it appeared, the twister vanished, leaving only a young man standing there.

The man’s hair was a light grey, with light purple eyes that seemed to pierce into Adonis' soul. Despite the way the man held himself, like a man descended from royalty, his opened grey vest and black pants were very plain looking. As the two examined each other, the young man gave a gentle smile. 

May God be with you. My name is Moses, a Ruler Class servant,” He introduced himself. “As long as you promise not to get lost in a desert for forty years, I think we’ll get along well,” He joked as he stepped off the table. “May I ask the name of my Master?”

With a wide smile, Adonis extended a hand to Moses and shook it firmly. "Adonis Daiwe. I look forward to working with you, Moses." A ruler class servant would be a great compliment to Adonis' own magic.

"Clair de lune est beau, non? Mais, je ne sais pas ce que je ferais sans Debussy!"

Genevieve hummed along to the music she was provided for the ride. Of course, the turbulence was getting to her a little bit, but it wasn't the worst thing she had ever had to deal with. Far from it, honestly. And the beautiful music cleared her mind, letting her unwind a bit. All of this was so sudden, she was whisked from Broadway for some apparent talent she had, then brought out being told it was magic. Which, of course she knew she had, but was she not alone? Was there some big magic underworld she had never heard of? It seemed strange, but... perhaps? Either way, she wished she could simply stay on the stage, but maybe there was something worth learning about. And then, the music came to a halt, the blindfold lifted.

"This monocle looks very ordinary, but believe me when I say it's anything but," An agent across from her explained as they carefully handed said monocle to Genny, "It took a lot for us to get our hands on this. As it turns out, stealing form a family of thieves isn't easy," With a chuckle they looked out the window. "Oh... we're here,"

"Quoi? Is zis some kind of prank?" Genny laughed and crossed her legs opposite of before, eyeing the monocle a bit. "What could be so special about zis, zat a family of thieves were guarding it? It looks completely plain to me."

The helicopter landed before she could get an answer, and she was quickly ushered out. What odd people. What, was this like the holy grail? Or the Shroud of Turin? Some mythical artifact that held massive power? The thought seemed completely absurd, yet they acted like it.

"Welcome everyone, to Chaldea! Today marks the day where we take our first steps to protect the Human Order. Are you ready to take that journey with us?"

Ah, this was some elaborate play. Of course no one realized her power. Magic wasn't real. Someone just wanted to make her confess to something absurd, so they could take her to the tabloids. Like that Gwenneth woman. The man, called Wodime, continued on until another man spoke up, claimign to be Albert Einstein... Sure, he sounded German, but he looked nothing like the photos. How on earth did they not expect her to see through all of this? Genny held her smile, but rolled her eyes internally as they revealed an empty room with the supposed Round Table, claiming it could summon the ancient dead. This explained the Einstein cosplayer, at least.

... But then that first boy, Aozaki, entered. He started a sequence of insane special effects... Perhaps too insane... And then a man claiming to be John Watson appeared. The next girl, Aino, did the same, summoning Masamune. And again, Adonis repeated the effect with Moses appearing. Either this was a really, really elaborate hoax, or it was real... And, of course, this meant it was most likely a hoax. Genny's lips twisted a bit at the corners as she stepped forward to take her 'turn', faving the group.

"Bonjour~ I am Geneveive Mireille, l'etoile montante de Broadway. I hope you have heard of me by now."

With that, she headed towards the table. They would probably make her fail, if she was to guess... Embarrass her for playing along. But it would take more than that to make her buckle. Brandishing the monocle, she placed it on the table, then held her hand to it. With a deep breath, her words began to flow with a soft melody.

Tu representes la marée
Destinée à chercher la vie, hors de portée
Mais l'océan est changeant, comme coule le temps, 
Saisis donc ton destin.

As Genny finished her song, nothing seemed to happen. Nobody stood before her, nor was there any indication that her ritual worked, as the light that shined brightly for everyone else only glowed dimly for her before dying out. As she thought, they sought to make a fool of her. This really was a hoax. And she would not stand idly by! However, before she could protest, a voice called out from behind her. 

Turning around, she would see a young man in a red suit with a tall collar, with a black undershirt and black hair to contrast it. On his face, we wore a black mask across his eyes, the thing doing nothing to cover his playful grin. “Greetings, my dear Master,” He spoke, his voice as smooth as butter. “I am Assassin, Raoul d’Argery. If you wished it, I would steal the moon for you. I do hope we get along,” 

Without a thought, Genny took a step back, bumping into the table, only for the thief himself to catch her. This... this couldn't be real. But she felt it. Something had changed when the ritual had completed... It absolutely was real, after all.

"Mon dieu..."

kKKsrlF.jpg

This was quite the exciting circumstance he had been put in.  Usually when he was blindfolded, he was also chained to a bed, with a little pressure on top of his body.  Wax was optional, of course.  However, in this instance, he was calmly listening to his favorite genre of music, Alternative Jazz.  The flow of instruments, and competitive solos, really got his foot tapping against the floor of the helicopter.  Honestly, even with this music soothing him, his nerves were still on the fritz.  Being chosen for this once in a lifetime opportunity as a lowly Professor...was he even worthy of a spot here?  After what felt like an eternity, his blindfold was taken off, and he placed the headphones around his neck.  Sitting across from him was another man with fiery hair.

"Alright, 'ere's de deal," The man said as he flipped a golden ring into the air.  Maita desperately went to grab at it, but he failed as it ultimately landed in his lap. "Dis 'ere is a ring dat was owned by de great Iresh 'ero, Cu Chulainn. Wit any loehck, dat's who'll you'll get. We'd 'ave gahtten you de earrengs dat were used last time to soehmmahn 'im, but dat twet Bazzet lost dem, alahng wit 'er life. Be sure naht to lose dese, we'd like to soehmmahn 'im in ahther holy grail wars," He shrugged as he leaned back. "We dahn't know what class you'll get, I guess hope fahr Lancer,"

Maita prided himself on being fluent in English, but this accent was a bit much for him to ascertain.  However, there was one clean word he could make out of the last bit.  He held the ring in the air between the two, and looked through it and at the man.  

"Right!  Lancer!  Yeah!"  He smiled.  "Are there any drinks on this flight, by the way?  I could use something to calm me down."  Before long, the helicopter had landed.  As they disembarked from the vehicle, they were greeted with the site of snow, and an old man.  Maita stood amongst all the others, holding a wine glass in one hand, and the entire bottle in the other.  

"Welcome everyone, to Chaldea!  Today marks the day where we take our first steps to protect the Human Order. Are you ready to take that journey with us?" Maita was about to respond with vigor, before the man abruptly turned, and strutted towards the building.  With a pout, he took a sip from his wine glass.  Without so much as looking back, the man continued on.  "Now, we do have uniforms for you all, however, there is something I'm sure you all would rather do first," He said as he traveled down the white halls. "After all, one of the most exciting parts of saving the world is meeting the hero you'll do it with, right?  From this moment on, your very lives will change. If any of you have any second thoughts, now is the time to back down," He paused, before he looked to a girl in particular. "Except you Aino, you have to stay."

So she was something special, is that right?  Maita looked over to the girl, with a inquisitive gaze.  He had already thought long and hard about taking part in this, so when the man opened the doors to their next room, Maita had no qualms pushing through to follow him.  Sitting in a chair was a fairly handsome gentleman with long white hair.

"Director, I assume it's time?" he asked, his voice tinged with a German accent.

"Indeed it is, Albert!" The man answered, standing to walk by the scientist. "Why don't you explain to our new members what exactly how they'll summon their Servants?" With a nod, the white haired man approached the other and gave a polite bow.

"Greetings everyone, my name is Albert Einstein, but you can call me Albert, if you wish," He greeted, as he turned to the window. "That room is our Summoning Chamber, and in it lies perhaps our most valuable artifact. It's a table of Arthurian fame, the Round Table, a place where heroes gather. Using it and your catalysts, we will call your servants into the world. Now, we have to do this one at a time, so what you'll do is walk into the room, and place your catalyst on the table. Then, you place your hand on the edges on the able, and let your magic flow into the the table, and then... call out!  Be it a chant, a cry for help, or just a command, if you lay all your convictions into your words and reach out, a hero will answer you!"

"Radical..."  Maita stared at the ancient artifact that they possessed.  In the world of Magic, this place no doubt had holy significance.  But this was an artifact that even historians would love to have their hands on, and here he was, standing in front of it.  His magic was going to pour into it.  "RADICAL!"  He shouted again, almost spilling his drink as he put both hands in the air.  Before addressing Aino again, their host spoke once more.

"And there you have it! Your destiny now awaits for you! Who will step up first?"

Even with some alcohol in his system, Maita was still nervous.  He waited for the first to approach, which didn't take long at all.  Aozaki Souta was the first to summon a Caster, Dr. John H. Watson, famous second fiddle to the great detective Sherlock Holmes.  Aino Koskinen was second, as she summoned the Saber, Masamune, famed swordsman of the east.  The third, a large man of African descent, entered the chamber and closed the doors behind him.  Playing on the safe side a bit, but Maita didn't blame him.  He walked out with a servant, both of them with smiles on their face.  Genevieve Mireille came next, summoning Raoul d'Argery, the assassin.  These were all impressive figures of history, and they were to be fighting alongside their summoners?!  This was insane.  With his nerves calmed down just a bit after seeing everyone go about the ritual so seamlessly, Maita stepped up to bat.  

"Maita Masahiko, at your service!"  He bowed towards the others.  "I look forward to saving the world with all of you!"  He put himself upright, before turning around and waltzing into the chamber.  Looking upon the actual Round Table was dumbfounding, as he placed his wine bottle on the ground in front of it.  With a nervous hand, he placed the ring on the table, and then his hand on the outer edge.  Putting his magic into the legendary artifact, Maita thought of how to go about with this summoning...he had to put himself into it...but how?  Suddenly he began to beatbox, as the words busted out of him in sync with the rhythm.

"Maita on the mic now, yo yo yo!  Listen up servant, to this nasty flow~.  We gotta save the men, the women, the children~!  Show yourself now, cause this is only the beginnin'~!"

When Maita finished his chant, the table lit up, the area around him suddenly went dark, while also producing hundreds of tiny lights, as if it was a clear night with the stars shining above. The lights gathered to a single point before releasing a burst of energy, revealing the form of his servant.  It was a young child, one that couldn’t be any older than seven years old, with wild purple hair barely tamed in a ponytail, and a green spear obviously made for an adult in his hand. He had a wolfish grin on his face as he looked up to Maita, obviously trying to look cool despite the fact he barely made it past the man’s waist.

“It’s nice to meetcha, Master!” The boy said with a grin. His smile faltered slightly as he spoke his next words. “Sadly, due to a curse on me, I can’t tell you my name. You can call me Lancer until the time you learn my name,” He smiled widely again. “Let’s do our best!”

Maita was positively thrilled, as he ruffled up the small child's hair.

"Well look at that!  Ain't you a cool little dude with that huge spear!"  Maita picked up the child, which proved to be difficult factoring in the weight of that giant lance the boy clung onto.  Somehow he managed, and hiked him over his head and onto his shoulders, as both of them walked out of the room together.  "Looks like I won out this time, huh!?  Lancer's pretty righteous!"  

"Dr. Watson, an honor to meet you. I'm Aozaki Souta. I await the moment for us working together."

"The pleasure is all mine," Watson said with a smile before bending down to pick up the book. "Ah... first edition. Someone must be a fan of my work,"

"Is that all, Wodime? Alchemy and research will not do itself."

"Eh? You got one of the greatest heroes on your side, and you wanna stick your nose in the books? Man, I don't get you eggheads," Date muttered, shaking his head. Wodime however, only responded to the master.

"Sorry, but no. You have to try to do your rayshifting today, you know,"

"Adonis Daiwe. I look forward to working with you, Moses."

“And I with you, Adonis,” He looked up, smiling at him. “I look forward to learning more with you,”

"Mon dieu..."

"Are you alright, mon chéri?" He pulled her close, looking at her face. "You look unwell... come come," Raoul carefully lead his master out, gently leading to to some chairs where she could sit down.

"Well look at that!  Ain't you a cool little dude with that huge spear!" Lancer was caught off guard by his master lifting him into the air, running out to the others. "Looks like I won out this time, huh!? Lancer's pretty righteous!"  

“Well, we are all heroes, my good man,” Watson commented, “I would believe we could all be described as ‘righteous’. Well… I suppose not all of us are heroes,” He turned to glare at Raoul, who only chuckled under the doctor’s accusing gaze.

“Now, now, my good doctor, I too came here to help. I won’t cause any trouble, I promise. Anyways, how is ol’ Herlock Sholmes anyways?” Raoul asked, causing Watson to sputter in rage.

“Oy, oy, a thousand yen on the snarky one,” Date leaned over to Moses, whispering. Moses shook his head with a chuckle.

“As a man of God, I won’t gamble,” He said. “But, I think you shouldn’t underestimate the doctor,” However, before the argument could keep going, Lancer’s green spear soared through the air, embedding itself into the wall between the Assassin and the Caster.

“No fighting,” the boy muttered before laying his head on top of Maita’s head. “We just got here, and I don’t want to send any of you back to the Throne already,”

“Oooooh?” Date perked up, interest laced in his voice as he reached for his katana. “Is that a challenge?”

“And what if it is?” Lancer asked. To that, Date only laughed.   

“I like ya, kid! We’ll have to spar sometime!”

Wodime watched the whole thing event with great glee, happy the room was filled with almost twice the people then the amount that entered. Before he could get everyone’s attention, a new person opened the door.

“Oy, Wodime, are you in here?” A darker skinned woman wearing black and white armor called out before looking around, her eyes soon landing on the director. “Ah, there you are. You were taking so long I thought the table mighta blown up. The uniforms are ready,”

“Thank you Caenis,” Wodime replied with a nod. “Alright everyone, it’s time to get suited up,” He headed out the door, walking down the hall. Albert quickly followed, but waited at the door for the others. When everyone started to follow, Albert began to speak.

“Your uniforms are Mystic Codes designed to help you Rayshift, and to strengthen your magical defenses. You’ll be able to take a few more hits than a normal human, and can take some hotter or colder temperatures, but it’s not armor, so don’t depend on it to save your life. Along with this, you’ll get three unique spells, a healing spell, a spell to enhance you or your servant, and a spell to help evasion,”

He paused, thinking to himself. “And, I’m not sure if you noticed, but on the back of your right hand should be a sort of tattoo, with three distinct segments, all colored red. Those are your Command Seals. They give you three absolute commands over your servant, or a quick way to empower your servant for a moment. You only get three shots, but, thanks to Chaldea’s help, one seal will regenerate every day at 7 PM,” He stroked his chin. “I think that’s everything,”

The group stopped in front of what appeared to be entryways to locker rooms, Wodime smiling. “Alright, get dressed. Albert and I will be waiting for you in the command room. Caenis will lead you there after you all get dressed,” Wodime explained, Caenis groaning at that.

With a nod, Raoul and Date went to go into the girls’ locker room before Caenis held out a spear, blocking the two. “Oy, what are you two doin’?”

“Why, going with our Masters, of course,” Raoul answered.

“Yeeeeeah, no,” Caenis stated in a deadpan voice.

“I mean, I guess I get that,” Date muttered. “But it’s not like we’re into them like th---,”

“No means no. If you wanna talk to your Masters, use the telepathy you all have,” Caenis firmly answered, entering the locker room.

“Well… at least we have this, right mon chéri?" Geneveive heard Raoul’s voice in her head. The others entered the locker rooms, leaving Date and Raoul in the hallway. Inside the locker rooms, everyone would find a uniform in their size, everyone but Aino, as she was already wearing it.

“So… What’s your name?” Lancer asked Maita as he stayed perched on his shoulders.

OOC

Spoiler

Alright, that took so long. Originally, I was gonna have you all get to your first rayshift and stuff, but... yeah, that got this post deleted twice. So, here you are. Go ahead and change into uniform, go ahead and talk to each other, and if you have anything to ask the servants, go ahead and DM me, and I'll help you out with your post. Next post is when the action starts, so let's get excited for that!

Side note, for those who don't know, Mystic Codes are basically magical artifacts that support Mages.

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

"The pleasure is all mine. Ah... first edition. Someone must be a fan of my work."

A small smile appeared on Souta's face, seeing Dr. Watson picking up the book and making that comment. Your work, eh? ...quite interesting indeed. he thought, nodding. After they left the room, they were witnesses to the other summonings from the others: Date Masamune...Moses...Raoul...and a young unnamed Lancer. Thus far, these were his allies in this little soiree, so to speak. Quite the cast of Heroes...

“Well, we are all heroes, my good man. I would believe we could all be described as ‘righteous’. Well… I suppose not all of us are heroes,”
“Now, now, my good doctor, I too came here to help. I won’t cause any trouble, I promise. Anyways, how is ol’ Herlock Sholmes anyways?”

Souta looked at Watson, who seemed to be arguing with Raoul...and of course, it was only natural. Especially after he dropped that version of the master detective's name. He was about to attempt to keep Watson from going to blows with the gentleman thief, but the Lancer took care of that for him...and for that, he was pretty grateful. Quickly clearing his throat, Souta spoke up. "Dr. Watson, while I understand that Assassin is...well...for lack of a better word, goading you with a sore subject, but I'd prefer that you both don't cause too much of a scene. If not both of you, at least you, doctor."

Though this was definitely going to pose a problem now that he thought about it. Raoul d'Argery...the famed Arsène Lupin, one of the most famous gentleman thieves...was also summoned here today. And this man here, was the inspiration for the countless "Kaito" (Phantom Thief) in Japanese culture...this was the man that was start of that. But further...he was the one that had quite a few run ins with both Sherlock and Watson...this was quite the predicament.

“Alright everyone, it’s time to get suited up. Your uniforms are Mystic Codes designed to help you Rayshift, and to strengthen your magical defenses. You’ll be able to take a few more hits than a normal human, and can take some hotter or colder temperatures, but it’s not armor, so don’t depend on it to save your life. Along with this, you’ll get three unique spells, a healing spell, a spell to enhance you or your servant, and a spell to help evasion. And, I’m not sure if you noticed, but on the back of your right hand should be a sort of tattoo, with three distinct segments, all colored red. Those are your Command Seals. They give you three absolute commands over your servant, or a quick way to empower your servant for a moment. You only get three shots, but, thanks to Chaldea’s help, one seal will regenerate every day at 7 PM. I think that’s everything. Alright, get dressed. Albert and I will be waiting for you in the command room. Caenis will lead you there after you all get dressed.”

He looked underneath his right glove, looking at his Command Seals that were now there. Listening to what Wodime said, only three but they were able to be recovered every day at 7 PM, which was quite interesting...a lot different than the normal seals used in the Holy Grail Wars he read about while at the Mage's Association. Nevertheless, he put his glove back on as he exhaled slowly. "Very well." he nodded, entering the locker room, finding his sized uniform...to which he had a way to make it his own style.

The Mystic Code uniform...it was good for what purpose it served, but it was just plain to him. However, once the uniform was put on, over top of his white top he grabbed his vest and then blue blazer and tossed them on, before adding the tie around his neck. He looked himself over in the mirror, before nodding. "Perfect. I doubt my own Mystic Code will interfere with Chaldea's own...so I suppose this shall do just fine." he said, running a hand through his hair. Souta remained in the locker room for the time being, keen to speak to the other Masters here, but first thing was first.

"Dr. Watson, if you don't mind, I am curious about something." Souta asked, adjusting his blazer slightly. "You mentioned...'your work' in regards to the first edition of 'A Study in Scarlet', do you mean that you weren't just the chronicler of Holmes?"

"Well, Arthur Conan Doyle is a pen name of mine, my good man. I rather like the sound of it myself,"

"A pen...my god that turns everything on it's head with this." he muttered, nodding. "That's...honestly genius. Wait...then if that's the case...oh...oh now I see further why you were almost at odds with Assassin."

Edited by Chaos Sonic

Centerfold

Adonis was pleased. Moses was well known both in and out of religious texts. To have Moses stand here before him was truly a moment he would not forget.

“And I with you, Adonis," Moses said happily.  “I look forward to learning more with you.”

After Moses, two more servants appeared at the hands of the french woman, Geneveive Mireille, and Maita Masahiko, the young man with vibrant hair. These servants were Raoul d’Argery the Assassin and an unnamed child Lancer respectfully. And with servants introduced to their masters, the Director was prepared to move on to the next article of business: uniforms. This part, Adonis was less than excited about. He was always a man of his own tastes and styles. Per Director Wodime, these uniforms held special properties and would be key in their coming endeavors. Regardless, Adonis would have to see them for himself before he made any snap judgements.

“And, I’m not sure if you noticed, but on the back of your right hand should be a sort of tattoo, with three distinct segments, all colored red. Those are your Command Seals. They give you three absolute commands over your servant, or a quick way to empower your servant for a moment. You only get three shots, but, thanks to Chaldea’s help, one seal will regenerate every day at 7 PM,” said the Director.

Sure enough, Adonis turned over his right hand and carefully studied the command seals. They were intricate and, despite not noticing them before, he almost felt as though the seals were familiar. He would practice with them later in the field. Making his way to the locker room, Adonis did not hesitate to begin stripping. He slipped neatly into his uniform, noting that it had been neatly pressed and cleaned. He fastened his pants and belt properly and slipped back into his shoes. Despite his previous reservations, Adonis had to admit that the uniform was a perfect and comfortable fit. Not to mention, it wasn't entirely unappealing. He smiled and stepped out of the locker room, examining himself more closely.

"It's not terrible," he said as he straightened his collar and stretched his wrists. "Moses, what do you think?"

Caster, John H. Watson. Saber, Date Masamune. Ruler, Moses. Assassin, Raoul d'Argery. Lancer... Lancer. These were to be the Servants that backed up Chaldea's Masters in whatever missions were thrust upon their surely capable shoulders. The more Aino thought about it, having a Saber probably suited her best. She would be able to point at whatever needed fighting, and simply say "sic em" before returning to her research. However...

"Eh? You got one of the greatest heroes on your side, and you wanna stick your nose in the books? Man, I don't get you eggheads."

It seemed their personalities didn't exactly gel with one another.

"Sorry, but no. You have to try to do your rayshifting today, you know."

Also, Aino's projects were being put on hold so she could go do the thing that she honestly didn't think would work to begin with. Magecraft wasn't really her strong suit, but she'd reviewed the mechanics behind rayshifting a few times since arriving in Chaldea. She'd even pestered Albert about it once or twice to get his opinion. In theory, and for all practical intents and purposes, it seemed like it should absolutely work! It was just she didn't believe such a feat should be possible. No matter how great the feat of magecraft, alchemy, or even both, something as incredible as a rayshift simply shouldn't be possible, or so Aino had told herself every time she reviewed how it worked.

Well, today was going to be the day that she found out if it really was possible.

“Oy, Wodime, are you in here? Ah, there you are. You were taking so long I thought the table mighta blown up. The uniforms are ready.”

Oh, and Wodime himself was also a Master. Out of everyone of note in Chaldea, Caenis was the one who Aino knew the least about, owing to the fact that she generally went out of her way to avoid the woman. She knew that Caenis was Wodime's Servant, and that was it. Even as she and Albert led the way to the dressing rooms so everyone could slip into their very own Mystic Codes, Aino made a point to keep everyone else between herself and Caenis.

"We should keep an eye on that one, Saber. Something about that woman gives me a bad feeling."

"What, you think she's going to turn on us or something? Stab you when you aren't looking?"

"She's our boss's Servant, so I'd certainly hope not. It's more the feeling of someone that wants to start trouble to prove they're some tough guy."

She could hear a whistle over their connection, one of a person doing their best not to acknowledge what she said. "Well, since you said so Master, I won't turn a blind eye to it," there was a pause. "Eh, eh? Get it, a blind eye?"

If not for the fact that she presumably needed a Servant, and for the fact that she'd really lucked out on getting someone as famous as Date Masamune, the temptation to order her shiny new Saber to kill himself with a Command Seal would be incredibly high right now. For the time being, she'd have to just grin and bear it, and hope that Saber's weak humor was only going to come up occasionally. Some physical distance from him would probably help too, which was just another fine reason to head into the locker room to grab her Mystic Code. A very handy thing.

Of course, there was also that other girl. Whatever her name was. Aino wasn't really paying attention. If she didn't want to talk, all the better. Rather than trying to force a conversation out of what's-her-name, Aino simply took to her Mystic Code. The sooner this Rayshift business was dealt with, the better.