Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wardragonmon

Dark Synchros

Question

I hope that I am putting this in the right area since I haven't seen many posts like this one.

Anyway I know some things about Dark Synchros, but there is a detail that I am unsure about. What I believe that I know is that for a Dark Synchro Summon is that you need a "Dark Tuner", the appropriate number of Non-Tuner monsters and the Dark Synchro Monster to be summoned. Now I believe that when a Dark Synchro summon is preformed that the some of the Stars on the Non-Tuner Monster/Monsters is consumed/absorbed, the problem that I am unclear about is how the number of Stars consumed/absorbed is determined. Is the number of Stars consumed/absorbed equal to the number of Stars of the "Dark Tuner" or would the Player be able to just decide how many Stars are consumed/absorbed?

If this post is in the wrong place, I'm sorry for putting it here but I was unable to determine a better place for it. If this has already been discussed and answered please direct me to the correct location of it so that I may read it and get my answers.  Thank-you.

2 answers to this question

Dark Synchros have negative levels/stars. The first example from the Yugioh 5Ds anime is Frozen Fitzgerald which is level -5 with the following summoning conditions from the yugioh wiki which it shares with all other depicted dark synchros:

"1 non-Tuner - 1 Dark Tuner

In order to Special Summon this card, subtract the Level of a "Dark Tuner" monster from the Level of 1 other monster you control; the value must equal the Level of this card."

So to summon it you could use a level 8 Dark Tuner and a level 3 Non Tuner (3 - 8 = -5), a level 7 Dark Tuner and a level 2 Non Tuner (2 - 7 = -5), a level 6 Dark Tuner and a level 1 Non Tuner (1 - 6 = -5) and so on.

Thanks for the answer Doggo. I now understand Dark Synchros better. I can't say that I will be making a Dark Synchro right away. But when I decide to I will know what to do.