LordCowCow

Domino's vs Pizza Hut

Which of these pizza places do you prefer?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Domino's vs Pizza Hut

Yes I know there are more options. This isn't what this is about. Just was thinking about the differences between the two and wondered what NCM's preference was.

If you can explain why that'd be great. I enjoy seeing what people like about something because it's interesting how sometimes someone's reasoning for preferring one is the same reason someone else prefers the other.

and no you're not funny for just replying with some other pizza place, I see you

gYAWyfh.png

Well, I believe Dominos Canada anyway took forever to make pan pizza an option, and that seems to be the biggest reason we've always actually preferred Pizza Hut to anything else, it was so distinguished because that was the default option. Then of course there's the stuffed crust. Honestly Dominos has been the greasiest feeling of chains (not that I've had much of anything that wasn't a chain) but that can still be great on occasion too. Haven't ever hated Pizza Pizza (Canadian place that just for awareness, is commonly compared to cardboard), but Dominos still always beats that anytime (unless I want something exclusive). 

Edited by Nico

My number 1 pick would probably be a local Greek restaurant that also makes pizzas. They let you customize the pizza and I can get one that's basically "What if gyros but it's a pizza?"

Out of popular pizza places, I'd probably have to go with Little Caesars. Might be that I'm just more used to their pizzas but when I have pizzas from most other pizza places it's just slightly worse in ways I don't really know how to explain.

But out of the two options listed here, definitely Pizza Hut. I'd rank them Little Caesars because their pizzas are tastier and why tf don't more pizza places do stuffed crust, it's just that they can be a bit pricey.

Domino's. Without question. Both of my folks worked at a Pizza Hut, and they prefer Domino's too. I just really like the consistency of what we get, it's never been bad. However, I've had some bad Pizza Hut pizza, and in my small(ish) town, I would rank them fifth, which is last. For me, it goes Domino's, A local family owned, Papa Murphy's, Caesar's, and then Pizza Hut. I mean, pizza is still pizza, but it's on the opposite side of town, It takes forever to get here, and Domino's is a five minute drive from my house. There is no reason in my mind to waste my time with them.

I haven't had Pizza Hut in over a decade, so it's hard to compare. Though I've heard not-so-good things about the Hut for a while now, and I've only ever ordered from Dominos and Papa Johns, so I think that answers the question by process of elimination. I'll have to try Pizza Hut again just to confirm this, though.

Papa John's is the worst, but Pizza Hut is better than Dominos. At least hand tossed is.

Okay, so I ordered Pizza Hut recently and I'll be honest, it wasn't really much different. Both tasted the same to me. Maybe if I order the same pizza from both and compare them side by side, I'll be able to have a better opinion, but I honestly, at the end of the day, they're both fast-food pizza joints that cost way too much to order from anyway.

I am curious what would happen if both delivery persons arrived at the same time, though. Kinda tempted to do it just for that, lol

Edited by Thar

Domino’s. The Pizza Hut near me doesn’t deliver, so major points off. In all seriousness though, I prefer Dominos hot wings more as well as their chocolate lava cakes. Just simply delicious.

14 hours ago, Thar said:

Okay, so I ordered Pizza Hut recently and I'll be honest, it wasn't really much different. Both tasted the same to me. Maybe if I order the same pizza from both and compare them side by side, I'll be able to have a better opinion, but I honestly, at the end of the day, they're both fast-food pizza joints that cost way too much to order from anyway.

I am curious what would happen if both delivery persons arrived at the same time, though. Kinda tempted to do it just for that, lol

@PhoenixOfCute and I had both recently. We both agree Pizza Hut was greeeeeatly superior.

I have no idea what Domino's aversion to actually using pizza sauce is.

Living with a vegan I can say that apparently pizza hut pizza is even good when it doesn't have any cheese.

If you ordered that from domino's, the dish they would deliver to you would be called "unseasoned circular bread"

Pizza Hut for me. In Germany, where I am living at the moment, the two franchises aren't comparable at all and in a way fill different markets. For the case of Domino's, the style of pizza is different compared to American Domino's, and I have heard is more italian-style thin crust. It appears to compete with other regional or local fast pizza franchises, also offering thin crust pizza. It's slightly more expensive than the locals, but offers plenty of discounts or seasonal promotions. Pizza Hut, however, kind of carved a niche into being more american-style, offering Pan Pizza, Cheese Crust and other styles, in exchange of being more expensive. Actually, when I'm craving an american-style pizza for the nostalgia, Pizza Hut is practically my only option, since that kind of pizza is not a big thing around here.

Edited by Summer Darj

The only good pie from Pizza Hut is pan. I can get any kind of pie from Dominos and I know it'll be good. But they both pale in comparison to a local chain down here. But if I had to pick, Dominos.

I'll say it: I voted for Domino's...but at the same time...there was no "Either" option. Cause I honestly don't mind either or. Namely at the moment, I enjoy both franchise's pizza...that being said it comes down to me on the other things given:

• Pizza customization - I'm able to get my alfredo sauced cheese with bacon and pepperoni on either, so customization is out for the time being.
  • Sides - Breadsticks, cheese sticks, the works. Honestly, Pizza Hut has good breadsticks, will not lie. Their cheese sticks, also good. Same time, the garlic knots and cheese bread from Domino's is also immensely good.
  • Desserts - This is where it actually is one thing that gets serious for me: Pizza Hut had Cinna-sticks...but they changed them to Cinna-Bon cinnamon roll minis. Domino's had Cinna-sticks but changed them to Cinnamon Knots. Honestly, if they kept them the same for me...Pizza Hut would've gotten my vote, hands down. But they had to mess it up and try new things. Not downsizing Cinna-Bon, but they're minis...If I'm getting Cinna-Bon, it's NOT for a mini.

I guess I should chime in. I chose Pizza Hut. I like both of their pizzas, but for different reasons. I think Pizza Hut's is sweeter. But I'll eat either pizza.

I think it's sides why I chose Pizza Hut. There were more sides I preferred from Pizza Hut as opposed to Domino's.

My nearest Pizza Hut is closer to my house, but the nearest Domino's is only a street away, so distance isn't really an issue for me here.

2 hours ago, Comrade Duck said:

Sweeter like in sugar content or sweeter like "that shit is sweet"?

What I meant by sweet was the taste. I don't know if it's the dough or sauce that they use, but it gives off a sweeter flavor than other pizzas do.

I'll agree with that. The sauce for Pizza Hut tastes like they use more paste than others, because those bright acidic notes and sweet notes come through a lot more, and that's really the biggest pull for me.

That and I like the garlic butter for the crust.

32 minutes ago, Blake said:

I'll agree with that. The sauce for Pizza Hut tastes like they use more paste than others, because those bright acidic notes and sweet notes come through a lot more, and that's really the biggest pull for me.

That and I like the garlic butter for the crust.

I will say I love the crust options a lot

That said I think the sweetness might be why I like the pizza less overall for me.

--

I'm greatly amused how active THIS thread of all threads got