Sign in to follow this  
Kazooie

bird doesn't rate music

Don't post music here. You won't get music rated.

instead give me a prompt and i'll make a fake pokemon up for it.

49 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Steel Ghost that isn't a "possessed metal object/weapon"

Chraith

The Chained Spirit Pokemon

Single Stage Pokemon

Description
A being of shadows that's littered with iron chains across its body. It seems to almost be a blob at first glance, but as it starts to stir, it stands to a height of roughly 7'10, those chains causing to be hunched over even at the large size. The actual shape of the creature is relatively humanoid, imagine Grimsnarl though with less tendrils and more along the lines of Spiritomb, pure energy that, if it wasn't for the chains holding it down, might not have any sort of solid form at all. Pulsing black shadows, with swirls of purple and red, mixed with the vague appearance of a face near where the head should be, make it hard to tell what you're really looking at. 

Ghost/Steel

Genderless

Egg Group
Amorphous

Ability
Metallic Corrosion

This Pokemon takes Super Effective Damage from Steel Type Moves and deals extra (50%) damage with Steel Type moves.

Dex Entry 1: A being who was held down by the many chains littering its body. Over time, the iron rusted and the purity degraded... Leaving this spirit free to slowly wander the world.

Dex Entry 2: A being from a time long past, the fearful townspeople nearby sprung a trap on it to bind it down. As the chains degraded, it became capable of swinging them as a weapon, albeit slowly.

Stats

HP: 100
Attack: 100
Defense: 120
Sp. Attack: 40
Sp. Defense: 80
Speed: 45

Total: 485

Level Up Moveset

Spoiler

1. Grudge
1. Spite
8. Astonish
15. Confuse Ray
22. Shadow Punch
29. Curse
36. Autotomize
43: Iron Head
50: Spectral Chains

Signature Move

Spectral Chains
120 Base Power / 95 Accuracy

The move deals damage, while being treated as both Steel and Ghost types for damage purposes. For all other purposes, it is treated as a Steel move only, and only Steel Pokemon get STAB on this attack.

If used with a modifier like Electrify or Normalize, it is treated as an Electric or Normal move, while still dealing Ghost Type damage as well.

In addition to the other effects, this deals 25% of the damage done to the foe to itself in recoil.

Description
The user whips heavy chains back and forth, aided by spectral energy. This move is both Steel and Ghost Type simultaneously.

Type Effectiveness
x2

Ghost, Ice, Rock, Psychic, Fairy

x1

Grass, Bug, Poison, Fighting, Ground, Dragon, Flying

x1/2

Dark, Electric, Steel, Water, Fire

x0

Normal

TM and TR Moveset

Spoiler

TM00 Mega Punch
TM01 Mega Kick 
TM03 Fire Punch  
TM04 Ice Punch  
TM05 Thunder Punch  
TM09 Giga Impact  
TM16 Screech  
TM21 Rest  
TM23 Thief  
TM24 Snore  
TM25 Protect  
TM26 Scary Face  
TM37 Beat Up  
TM39 Facade  
TM40 Swift  
TM42 Revenge  
TM44 Imprison  
TM47 Fake Tears
TM57 Payback  
TM58 Assurance  
TM65 Shadow Claw  
TM75 Low Sweep  
TM77 Hex  
TM79 Retaliate  
TM85 Snarl
TM93 Eerie Impulse
TM97 Brutal Swing
TM98 Stomping Tantrum
TM99 Breaking Swipe

TR01 Body Slam  
TR07 Low Kick  
TR10 Earthquake  
TR13 Focus Energy  
TR20 Substitute  
TR21 Reversal  
TR24 Outrage  
TR26 Endure  
TR27 Sleep Talk  
TR31 Iron Tail  
TR32 Crunch  
TR33 Shadow Ball  
TR35 Uproar  
TR37 Taunt  
TR38 Trick  
TR39 Superpower  
TR46 Iron Defense  
TR52 Gyro Ball  
TR58 Dark Pulse  
TR74 Iron Head  
TR79 Heavy Slam  
TR90 Play Rough  
TR93 Darkest Lariat  
TR95 Throat Chop  
TR99 Body Press

I'm not doing egg moves. >:c

Honestly? I think I'm done, maybe I'm forgetting something. This being the first one I've done, it's kinda... Rough around the edges. I had a hard time picturing what this thing might look like because honestly...? I was running with the idea of pure iron being used as a deterrent for hostile spirits in folklore and stuff. So these townspeople ages ago deal with a spirit, spring a trap on it, and the iron chains keep it from hurting them, it's kinda kept away for a long time, and as the chains oxidize, the ghostly creature is able to start kinda... Manipulating them, moving them around. To the point where the chains are effectively a weapon for it. It still hurts, in fact, that's why the ability makes it take super effective damage from Steel type moves used against it, but the chains that hold it down aren't "Pure" enough anymore to restrain it and it can sorta whip them around.

The level up moveset is kinda set to accentuate that. It starts off with just small, weak Ghost moves, learns a stronger one... Then Autotomize, representing it 'shedding' some of the chains that hold it down. Then it learns some Steel moves, things that it can use to move the metal around.

I imagine this as kinda a mid-late game Pokemon, definitely not something you get access to early, hence no early Steel-type moves. Also the fact that Steel has like, one early Steel move.

The ability is a bit out there, but I figure... We have Fluffy which essentially makes a pokemon weak to Fire and we have stuff like Dhelmise getting STAB off Steel Attacks, so combining the two into something different could work. 

Honestly. First thing, I'm not sure how I like it. A Steel/Ghost without possession is a tough one. The concept is fine, but not being able to come up with an 'appearance' I was super happy with was frustrating. I like the concept though, a spirit held down by chains that has eventually learned how to manipulate the chains into helping itself.

So, these aren't gonna be done in batches cause it takes a fair bit of time to get these kinda things sorted out. I'm honestly not sure if this is something people care enough to see, but... I dunno, I like the idea of making up fake Pokemon designs, this sorta thing can be fun to fuck around with.

Fair warning to everyone, THESE NAMES WILL SUCK. I am awful with names.