Skaia

I AMA Bandwagoner

I told Sonic every AMA that asked about favorite heroic spirits also has someone ask about least favorite heroic spirits, but yours doesn't either. So to avoid being wrong:

What are your five least favorite heroic spirits in Fate?

Quite like my previous post I'm not going to bother giving these a specific order to which I list them off in because that's just added thought to the even more that I have to write about. And three of these will probably be obvious anyway,  but there's a lot less servant that I actively dislike then I like, so excluding them would just make my life that much harder. So. 

First up is Scheherazade. I'm pretty sure no one likes her and i've already said my bit on it to you before anyway but i might as well say it anyway. On the pros I think she's got a neat enough support kit that adds in some nice stall options and an AoE guts is always cool. I also think her roll in Agartha was pretty neat. Onto the cons. Mechanically, her noble phantasm makes like no sense with her kit...or with her really.

She has the second highest HP in the game, has abysmally low attack and is a caster. Her character is centered around not dying and her story is all about the stories she's told and how she evaded said death. So why is her NP an AoE nuke with an NP Strength buff and an even more situation damage buff that has zero utility outside of being an Arts card. Beyond that she's kind of annoying and her personality is very one note. And it does not help that she doesn't shut up about the one note that she has. Also, on a personal level, I think she's got the makings of being really attractive but there's a lot of weird proportions going on with her body that just kind of make everything look off. 

Second on the list is Oda Nobunaga. I used to dig Nobu for her swank ass design and kind of memey summer animations. I still do, and all of her kits are generally pretty solid too. Since playing the game and going through a singular gudaguda event and summer 2, her looks and kit don't really make up for how terribly I think she's written. In general, I didn't really enjoy the gudaguda event because the writing kind of felt way to lol random xd funny, which is to say it felt like it was trying to be funny way too hard and thus just came off as annoying. And unfortunately, Nobu basically encapsulates that whole issue I have with that event in one character. There are other characters that are basically just living jokes - like Heroine X for example - but they have gimmicks to follow. Nobu just is random and haughty and that's about the extent of her character so far, so she basically just comes off as way more obnoxious then any of the other ones. Also she's voiced by Rie Kugimiya and I actually can't stand her voice except on a few characters. 

I'll look forward to see if she gets better in the next 3 gudaguda events  (well, next 2 with 1 rerun), but for now, I just don't like her. 

Third is Minamoto no Raikou. You're probably not entirely familiar with this, but Raikou to me is basically like Camilla in Fire Emblem Fates. Fantastic unit all around, to borderline insane - as both her Berserker form is one the premier berserker farmers and will continue to be until either Skadi or Arjuna Alter come out. Her summer form is also like, actually insane with how much damage and star gen she's packing, and that she can give these damage buffs to everyone else. So it's a real shame her personality is basically just someone who obnoxiously smothers you while acting like your mother but also kind of wanting to bone you? It's like, the proto version for Mom Isekai. That and her design is pretty annoying and could be hot if not for the two giant latex balloons strapped to her chest. 

Fourth is uhh.....Ivan the Terrible? It's in the name. I honestly don't know who I'd put in this slot because I can't really think of anyone i expressly dislike but i do know who I hate most of all and want to end this segment with. So just have this joke answer. 

The final one, to no surprise at all, is Blackbeard. I mean, there's hardly any reason I should explain why I should dislike him because there's hardly any reason at all someone should like him. Like, he doesn't really seem to have a target audience and the way he's written isn't so much that you should love to hate him you should just hate him. He takes every opportunity he has to be the most worthless person on screen and his dialogue physically pains me to read. So yeah.

This has been my ted talk, feel free to come again later. 

Which of the seven singularities in Fate/Grand Order is your favorite? If the answer is Camelot or Babylon, what's your favorite one excluding those?

I mean Camelot and Babylon are the best so there's no real dispute on an "if.' But if I had to chose one of the other five, probably Okeanos.

It's been forever since i last played Orleans so I can't remember what happened in it at all.

Septem was kind of boring most of the way through. I didn't think it was particularly bad, just not incredibly interesting.

London was also kind of boring in the beginning and while things picked up in the second half it also stopped making sense entirely. 

And I think America was probably my least favorite? It was way too long, Rama's thing was honestly mostly filler and what was there wasn't terribly interesting either. The ending was pretty cool though, and I can't hate on the presi-king.

So, really, by process of elimination that just leaves Okeanos. And while the first half of it has Blackbeard who I've said my piece on, I still think it was pretty solid all the way through. 

Whoops forgot to answer this. Anyway as far as specific musicians go I’m not too familiar with just about anyone so I can’t really answer that question. But for the most part I enjoy the drums and bass most. They always make a song better without me having to acknowledge they’re there over a lead guitar and vocals, but when you do songs get even doper yo.

Alright so this is a hard one and I probably won't do all of them that I've played for the simple reason that I haven't actually seen any of blazing sword's supports since I barely knew those existed at the time. Add to that that I haven't seen all of the supports for all of the characters (outside of Awakening,)  and a lot of Three Houses supports I haven't finish yet. Let's see though 

1. Sacred Stones: Vanessa and Lute. 
  2. Path of Radiance: For lack of really knowing any more off the top of my head I'll go with the standard Lethe and Jill. 
  3. Radiant Dawn: Anyone and Oliver. 
  4. Awakening: This is practically impossible but some stand out one's I remember for being ridiculously funny is Owain and Cynthia. Then a really sweet one was Nah and Male Morgan. All of female Morgan's supports in general. Really all the kids are amazing. Also, not supports but special shout out to all of Inigo's DLC conversations. 
  5. Fates: Odin and Laslow. 
  6. Shadows of Valentia: Python and Forscyth. 
  7. Three Houses: Ferdinand and Bernadetta. Special shout out to Raph for always giving out the warm fuzzies with his supports.

You mentioned Ribombee as one of your favorite Pokemon. Which build (Nature, EVs, moves, etc.) do you give, or would you give, to it for Smogon format singles competitive play in Gen VIII?

Probably whatever Smogon tells me is good. I'm not very good at pokemon so I trust in the opinion of those who are. I also don't know how different Gen VIII is from others in terms of available moves and just other stuff but the ol 

Choice Spec, Timid, Psychic, Moonblast, Bug Buzz, U turn, Shield dust, 252 SpA and SpDe 4 SpD seems to still be fine. 

Fate fighting game

2 characters from each class (extra is grouped together and also gets two)

Who would be in your opinion good choices that are both fitting and interesting (not just your favorites)

On 2/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, Thar said:

If you could throw your hat at any Mario enemy to possess them, which one would you be?

Probably a Boo. Get to float around and go through things without a care in the world. I'm not sure if me possessing them also gets rid of their crippling anxiety issues but if it doesn't then it's probably not that big of a deal anyway. 

On 2/21/2020 at 5:34 PM, LordCowCow said:

Fate fighting game

2 characters from each class (extra is grouped together and also gets two)

Who would be in your opinion good choices that are both fitting and interesting (not just your favorites)

Fun fact there is a Fate fighting game for the PS2. Fate/Unlimited Codes. Now for this, I'm  just going to pick non-alts, even though a lot of the alts would be actually really good in a fighting game, like Black Flame Dragon weeabo Jalter and Six Sword Juggling Hokusai. But I digress.  

Saber: Yagyu Munenori and Suzuka Gozen. Old man saber himself, seems like a generally good fit. I will be honest, I don't know much about the sword style he used in real life, but being an arts saber with an evade, two huge attack downs and a iaijutsu noble phantasm, he fits the bill for a slow and patient counter based character. Suzuka's got a neat fighting style in that she is constantly throwing a spinning sword, jumping on her swords for aerial attacks, and can rain swords from the sky. I think it's a pretty neat set up for a pretty tricky to fight against character. 

Archer: Arjuna and Tomoe Gozen. Arjuna is your standard marksman in that he can basically spam projectiles from a range, in addition to being able to whack people with his bow. Add to that, in his animation update, he can create orbs which he bounces his arrows through, so it looks like it'd  lead to some neat combo set ups or traps, also making him pretty cerebral. Tomoe is an archer in name alone, and would be a pretty heavy hitter altogether. She has a multitude of weapons at her disposal, and could probably have a whole differing moveset weapon switching mechanic to her. 

Lancer: Scathach and Ereshkigal. Scathach probably doesn't have to be specifically her and could probably be replaced with Hozoin or Enkidu, but still she fits the bill for a pretty standard corner locking rush down character. Ereshkigal is a less standard lancer and probably functions  as a more mid range character, with her plethora of projectiles and summons to keep the opponent away, in addition to being pretty floaty and having a dash attack for safety. 

Rider: Quetz and Sakamoto Ryouma. Quetz is a pretty obvious choice, basically already being a wrestler with a buster focus. So she's your usual strong hitting grab character that everyone who first starts the game complains is blatantly overpowered. She's also not entirely grapple locked either, which is nice, as she shows off some fine sword skills. Sakamoto Ryouma I could imagine being pretty neat, being a duo character with his dragon stand waifu Oryou. Ryouma himself is pretty mid range with a smg and a sword, while Oryou is more close ranged with her punch rushing nature, and there's probably room to get creative if their attacks are a bit autonomous from one another. 

Caster: Sheba and Anastasia. Sheba's already got an animation move set befitting of a fighting game character, with her rush down cloud and throwing and swinging clouds every which way. As a result, she would probably focus on air juggling opponents, constantly just hitting them with her cloud stuff. Honestly with Anastasia I just see her being like Jin from Blazblue, with his whole freezing mechanic and generally mid to long range ice themed attacks, only replace a katana with a shadow punch ghost. 

Assassin: Yan Qing and Li Shuwen. Yan Qing is like, a straight up punch rushing martial artist who might also be able to pull off a whole, "using moves from other characters movepools," gimmick. I know I said no alts, but Li Shuwen was originally an assassin anyway, and having chinese action hero old man Li Shuwen sounds pretty dope. While he also still punches things, he would be much more focused on set ups to hit singular powerful strikes, rather than just non stop aggression. 

Berserker: Penthesilea and Mori Nagayoshi. Penth is a gal who throws giant spiked balls on chains to murder everything in a mile radius of her. As such, she'd seem like a pretty fun, if not easily punishable character, with a her wide sweeping attacks that are both heavy and painful, while also slow and with some pretty big punish windows. Mori is a big man and quite like Penth probably has a big sweeping range with his giant ass chainsaw cross spear thing. He would also probably do more damage than your average character but also take more damage, and really go all in on the berserker life style, just recklessly charging and smashing down on the opponent. A really good character with momentum and a large amount of options to keep up pressure and really bad without. 

Extra: Mash and Yang Guifei. Now, is there a lot to Mash's kit? No. In fact, if anything she'd probably be the most stock standard character there is, with basically her only thing being that she's got a big ass shield to whack people with. As a result she basically functions as a generally easy to pick up and boring, but effective, character. A necessity really. Yang Guifei, meanwhile would probably have her niche as the queen of chip damage. Being like the only servant who has a functional DoT focus as well as the highest attack in all of F/GO, it makes sense to me that were to come to chip damage she'd do the most. Not to mention she's pretty rush down in how she fights and can summon floating fire...things I don't really know, that can probably be used to set up combos by having them move towards the enemy autonomously from Yang herself. 

Edited by Skaia

Who is your favorite muppet on Sesame Street?

i dunno cookie monster? I don't really remember anything about seasame street and I don't even think I watched it that much to begin with. But he seems like a cool guy, knows what he wants out of life and is driven to get it. 

Sweet, Savory, Sour, Salty, Bitter? 

Not 100% sure on this because I feel like there's some fringe cases and it's also a bit hard to gauge some of them, (like Salt, since everything in the world is salted but not salty?) I'm also not 100% sure what savory is actually like but i bet it's good so it's there. So yeah. 

savory is like beef and stuff

anyway, congratulations, Torm has made you admin for a day! what's the first change you'd make to the site with your new god powers?

I'd turn the blog section into a regular forum section/thread instead of that weird thing it is now. I'm sure that format works for like, actual blogs, but i feel like since it's mostly let's plays and the like there, having it be a regular forum is just much easier to follow and interact with. 

Edited by Skaia

Poof, you're a Summoner in Heroes now. You get 4 units, one of each color, for your team. Without worrying too much about skills, what four would you want to spend your time with and send into battle? Not including alts.

15 hours ago, radio414 said:

Favorite RP character you’ve played? What about favorite you didn’t play?

This one actually comes from a different site entirely, and might be just there because of nostalgia then actual quality. But, it was a guy named Richard and in this RP people were going around finding other people with super powers and recruiting them to go fight super evil and Satan. You know, the usual. Basically, he was entirely reluctant to join the group at first, was struck with perpetual ennui and honestly couldn't care about anything that was going on. He mostly just joined out of necessity. He was also, unsurprisingly, not that fun to play at first. However, over time, he spent more and more time with the people in the group, saw more things, fought more evil, etc. And then ended up coming to care about both his duty and the people around him and actually ended up becoming the leader and most active person in the group. His powers were also pretty amusing because the antagonists had this plot magic of theirs that just kind of did whatever it felt like at the time, and my character for reasons also had that power so basically any time any antagonist did something new that was also something I could do. 

As far as y/ncm is concerned though, I would probably say Alois from Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess. From what I hear he's also a fan favorite, and I mean he's basically the perfect outlet for my own snarky and smart ass nature, while being able to be incredibly cavalier about all of the crazy supernatural shit that's happening around him. Within the party he's also by far the most normal person with some of the most normal backstory, a Skaia specialty for sure, but still acts like he's the strongest and smartest person around. I also enjoy how he bounces off of most everyone he interacts with and also shipping. So yeah, overall pretty happy with him. 

Runner ups probably go to Jun and Haruka. Jun, from Skies, is kind of in a similar vein to Alois if he were a cute girl with way more enthusiasm and less regard for other people. Haruka, from Skybound Fortune and 5Ds sequel RP, just kind of sits there because she was probably the most normal person I've ever made in any RP. And this was an RP where people had dragon powers, card game related martial arts super powers, aliens and alien robots. So you know, that contrast is always fun. 

As far as favorite characters that I didn't play go that's a pretty difficult and loaded question. It's difficult, because for every RP I've ever been in there has been like at least 7 other characters to think of and keep track of. And it's loaded because trying to get me to play favorites I see you sly AM frequency. So, I'm not 100% sure but I'll say that I've always enjoyed reading Melissa's posts in Skies more than most other posts and for someone who isn't you it'd probably be one of Cow's characters (shocker I know.) More specifically than just that, his character Penelope from the same RP as Alois is always fun because she is the perfect person for him to bounce off of. Also for reasons I can't quantify I've always enjoyed Keres in Chosen. I could probably list out other people's characters that I like the most but I've already over stepped the bounds of this question. 

30 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Poof, you're a Summoner in Heroes now. You get 4 units, one of each color, for your team. Without worrying too much about skills, what four would you want to spend your time with and send into battle? Not including alts.

Alright why don't you just ask me to prove String Theory, that'll probably be easier. Anyway, 

Red: Lystheia 
Blue: Catria 
Green: Cherche 
Colorless: Leanne

What is a word that you wish would be used more often?