LordCowCow

NCM RP Awards 2020

Last year at this time I put up the first RP Awards of NCM. I had intended this to be every two years due to the nature of RP but upon further review, and getting several opinions, I decided there would be no harm to do them all again anyway. After all with some different active members and different RPs entirely in some cases the votes could also be different. I've also included a new category as an experiment.

Will put the rules down with any extra information in the "category" section where I go over the awards you'll be voting on.

Rules

Spoiler

1. In order to vote you must have been active in RP for at least one month of 2020

2. The member you vote for also must have been active in RP for at least one month of 2020
2a. Note some members may wish to be excluded. (Current list: Comrade Duck)

3. You may vote for any number of categories

4. You cannot vote for the same person in more than 4 categories

5. You may not vote for yourself

6. If you're not comfortable voting in the thread you can PM me or message me on Discord instead

7. Read the categories over for additional rules and clarification

8. All NCM site rules apply

9. If there is a tie at deadline I'll put a separate thread with poll/polls to break it. Results will be posted in a separate thread as well.

10. Voting will end Midnight CST on Christmas (25th). Thread will lock and any votes put in after that time will be ignored unless a tiebreak is needed. I may be away at the time but thread will lock automatically.

Categories

Spoiler

Best RPer 2020: Maybe slightly more vague than the rest will be. For what you consider "best" might vary from person to person. Go with who you feel best fits the title, though.

Best Host 2020: For the person who is best at actually running an RP. It could be for their ideas or their dedication. There are many things that goes into a good host.

Best Character Design 2020: For the RPer who consistently makes good characters. Regardless of their writing skill there are many who make interesting and compelling characters.

Best World Design 2020: Not exactly the same as best host. This is for the person that creates the most interesting and well made worlds. Can even extend to those who make already established worlds better.

Best Writer 2020: Pretty simple. Even if you're not an expert in other fields you can have just simply good writing.

Most Reliable 2020: Everyone has had issues with consistency at some point. So let's reward the one who you can count on to post when needed. Bonus points for those who post when it's not necessarily needed but appreciated!

Most Cooperative 2020: For the RPer who works well with others. Be it collabs or simply who is best at checking what others are doing and working together to make sure their post works best as possible.

Most Helpful 2020: It's not always just the host that helps things run! This is for the RPer who does things that help RPs running smoothly without even being in control.

Best in Chat 2020: Perhaps an odd category but this is for the RPer who is simply the most fun and nice to be in an RP chat with.

Best RP 2020: Which RP on NCM, including those moved over from YCM, did/do you enjoy most? You can include currently ended/shut down RPs the main rule is that the RP must have been active DURING at least three months of 2020 in a row. (for instance from July 14th-September 7th would count)
You cannot vote for an RP you host. If you co-host an RP you can vote for them but not if you are so involved in the running/creation you're practically a host (making multiple characters for, world building, etc). If uncertain talk to the host and myself about your involvement before voting.
When voting include the RP name and the host's current username
Note, this category doesn't count towards the "4 categories maximum per person"

Best RP Character 2020: A bit of a tricky one, and a new category, and one I imagine will have difficulty finding a consensus but one I wanted to try. Basically which character from RP did you enjoy the most or think was the best made or written. To be eligible for votes the character must have been actively posted for at least two months of 2020 (so basically at least a few posts made for the character)
You cannot vote for your own character. When voting include the character name, what RP they're from (if from multiple say so), and the character's writer current username
Note, this category doesn't count towards the "4 categories maximum per person"

So with all that said...get your vote on, NCM!

Best RPer: Skaia
Best Host: LordCowCow
Best Character Design: Doggo
Best World Design:
Best Writer:
Doggo
Best Reliable: LordCowCow
Best Cooperative: Blake
Best Helpful: Yui
Best in Chat: Chaos Sonic
Best RP: Pokémon Gijinka: The Fallen God
Best Character:

Writing down reasons would take too long; you can PM me if you must know. And yes, Cow, I'll let you know if/when I decide to add to this.

Edited by radio414

Best RPer: radio414
Best Character Design: Chaos Sonic
Best World Design: Mr. Hyde
Best Writer: ()
Most Reliable: Skaia
Most Cooperative: radio414
Most Helpful: Skaia
Best in Chat: Yui

Best RP: The Chosen
Best Character: Cyanthrax, from Overlap/RP Smash/Whatever he was originally from

As always been a fun year of rp'ing with you guys. If best RP and Character is just a buncha single votes by no means do I want what i put winning cuz that's not representative of us as a section. Just wanted to shout out my old standby in the form of chosen and then Cyan's always funny so wanted to put that to words. But a lot of you got some great characters I've had fun times doing stuff with, even just hypothesizing stupid stuff in various discord chats that was never gonna get in the rp. Lotta strong second or even third choices for a lot of these other categories too so keep being dirty memers everyone I thrive off it.

Looking forward to another year of cool new concepts and keeping on with what we got already that's going good.

Best RPer: Saikazo
Best Host: Saikazo
Best Character Design: Mr. Hyde
Best World Design: Yui
Best Writer: Doggo
Best Reliable: Blake
Best Cooperative: Doggo
Best Helpful: Skaia
Best in Chat: Radio414
Best RP: MHA: Far Beyond Max Omega [Hosted by (:b:) and Co-Hosted by Saikazo]
Best Character: Sun from MHA:Far Beyond Max Omega

So yeah, I'll be adding to this...changing things if need be...but yeah, this is what I got so far.

Edited by Chaos Sonic

Best RPer 2020: ( :b: )

Best Host 2020: LordCowCow

Best Character Design 2020: Doggo

Best World Design 2020: Saikazo

Best Writer 2020: Radio414

Most Reliable 2020: Chaos Sonic

Most Cooperative 2020: Doggo

Most Helpful 2020: Yui

Best in Chat 2020: Rep

Best RP 2020:

Best RP Character 2020: MS-11 Chimera

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Best RPer: Saikazo
Best Host: LordCowCow
Best Character Design: Mr. Hyde

Best World Design: Dad (if he isn't applicable then LordCowCow) 
Best Writer: Doggo
Most Reliable: Skaia
Most Cooperative: Chaos Sonic 
Most Helpful: Skaia
Best in Chat: Yui
Best RP: The Chosen

Best RPer:
Best Host: Saikazo
Best Character Design: Radio414
Best World Design: I'm voting myself, fuck the rules, I smoke all y'all at this and it's a shame you've forgotten
Best Writer:
Most Reliable: Skaia
Most Cooperative: Radio414
Most Helpful: Radio414
Best in Chat: Rep
Best RP: My Hero Academia: Far Beyond Max Omega (host: ())
Best Character:

Edited by yui

17 hours ago, Hollow said:

Best World Design: Dad (if he isn't applicable then LordCowCow)

I'm not applicable.

Idk if Cow intended to edit his initial post or not, but I will not be partaking in the RP awards, and no one should be allowed to vote for me.

Best RPer: I would say... Skaia! His posts in both of the RPs I've been in have always been some of the best.
Best Host: This is a bit difficult for me to do a vote for, since the host I would have voted for I'm not sure if they're still here? So I guess I'll say Skaia again, since he's been super understanding of a host.
Best Character Design: 
Best World Design: Again, who I would normally vote for, I'm not sure if they're here...? But, I can still cast a vote for LordCowCow, for the world-building I've seen in many of his RPs that I've watched, but never joined. 
Best Writer: Controversial, I know, but I'll say Hakima, of all people, for the work I saw in Fire Emblem. His depiction of things like PTSD and whatnot were really well researched.
Best Reliable: I would say LordCowCow, since no matter what he's always able to post. Always.
Best Cooperative: Yui I would say was one of the most cooperative writers, especially for when a post needed to be Collab on. 
Best Helpful: LordCowCow, hands down, since he always seemed to have input on what needed to be changed or fixed whenever I had a question about something. 
Best in Chat: Chaos Sonic, since he always keeps the chats he's in well-stocked with memes.
Best RP: Sorry, can't really cast a vote for this one since I've only been in two?
Best Character: Same issue as the above.

On 12/19/2020 at 11:38 PM, Doggo said:

On 12/20/2020 at 2:28 PM, Chaos Sonic said:

Best Writer: (:b:)

On 12/20/2020 at 3:55 PM, Mr. Hyde said:

Best RPer 2020: ( :b: )

On 12/20/2020 at 8:54 PM, yui said:

Best in Chat: ()

that's gonna be a no from me dog. I'm not interested in these awards, so they would be better given to someone who was.

I don't mind votes for fbmo, since that's a collaborative work.

2 minutes ago, (?️) said:

that's gonna be a no from me dog. I'm not interested in these awards, so they would be better given to someone who was.

I don't mind votes for fbmo, since that's a collaborative work.

...gdi...do you know how long it took me to figure out who to properly give mine to? ?

Oh well lol

Best RPer: Hollow 
Best Character Design: Doggo 
Best World Design: Sethera
Best Writer: Radio414
Best Reliable: LordCowCow 
Best Cooperative: Saikazo
Best Helpful:  Radio414
Best in Chat: Hakima 
Best RP: Gijinka The Fallen God 
Best Character: Melissa Ashforth

I can provide more explanation for these if need be but for now I'll only go with Best RP and Character because I feel like it. 

Gijinka being the second ever RP I've been in that has finished and also just being enjoyable on the whole. I had a blast making fight scenes there and even more so unlike the first RP that finished I was in I actually got to write and see a satisfying conclusion and epilogue to my own and everyone else's characters. Kudos to all of you for that and congrats for making it to the end as well. 

Melissa as well gets special mention from me mostly because I just want to give props to Radio for the first character I saw him make and obviously one that has stuck with me. This mostly goes into the Best Writer thing but as someone who does the "shy girl" archetype from time to time myself, it's pretty nice to see what I consider a very well done approach to it - not just in terms of the character herself but the type of narration that accompanies it - and I'm pretty sure at the end of the day my own writing style has been changed a bit as a result. So props to you Radio my dude. 

Keep on keeping on rp peeps.