radio414

[EDH/CMDR] Iname, Death Aspect Aristocrats

Image.ashx?multiverseid=80278&type=card

(Moxfield Link)

Figured if I'm going to comment on other people's decks I should probably submit one of my own.

Here's a list that's mostly still in the drafting and goldfishing phase. I've been wanting to continue my foray into Kamigawa legends after working on a Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant list for awhile. Death Aspect's expected use according to most sites I looked at is this "dump 20 spirits and win by Mortal Combat" pile that barely works, but I also found some Duel EDH lists that basically use Iname as a Buried Alive, and a lot of the spirits those decks were using seemed great in an aristocrats deck. The biggest problem I'm coming across is that, well, I've never really built aristocrats before, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm missing anything, whether that's traps deckbuilding can run into or hidden gems. So that's mostly what I'm looking for by posting it here, is another set of eyes.

Edited by radio414

46 minutes ago, (?️) said:

What a spicy list.

Where are Bontu and Bontu and Erebos?

Bontu the Glorified isn't present because I wanted to keep the cost of sacrificing to a minimum since the deck's really humming when there's Nether Traitor shenanigans afoot and I want to be spending as much mana on that as possible and as little on sac outlets.

God-Eternal Bontu is because I had Reprocess in an earlier list and that wasn't doing anything even in goldfishing.

Erebos, God of the Dead is because I'd rather play Greed and I'm not

And I don't have Erebos, Bleak-Hearted because I didn't play a lot of THB and forgot the card existed. Could probably take the Liliana slot.

Edited by radio414

56 minutes ago, (?️) said:

reprocess is much much much better on a creature you can reanimate

I mean, that's not exactly trivial. I don't have that many discard outlets and all the entomb effects are still in considering.