Sign in to follow this  
LordCowCow

NCM RP Awards 2020 Results

And once more we have reached this point. There has been many ups and downs in RP this year. So many new things and some old things ending. It was a strange and, at times, scary year in the world but RP always remains.

And this Awards marks a celebration of the past year. Despite it all we're still here. We're still going. And there's absolutely no stopping us. Some things will change but RP will never fully fade away.

Thank you all.

I will now reveal the results of the votes and the winners.

Without further ado...the results.

Best RPer: @Skaia (3)
Saikazo (2), Hollow (1), radio414 (1)

Best Host: @LordCowCow (5)
Skaia (2), Saikazo (2)

Best Character Design: @Doggo (4)
Mr. Hyde (2), radio414 (1), Chaos Sonic (1)

Best World Design: @LordCowCow (4, Via tiebreak poll)
Saikazo (2, 3 in tiebreak poll), Sethera (1), Yui (1), Mr. Hyde (1)

Best Writer: @radio414 (3, Via tiebreak poll)
Doggo (3, 2 in tiebreak poll), Hakima (1)

Most Reliable: @Skaia (4)
LordCowCow (3), Chaos Sonic (1), Blake (1)

Most Cooperative: @radio414 (3)
Doggo (2), Saikazo (1), Yui (1), Chaos Sonic (1), Blake (1)

Most Helpful:  @Skaia (4)
Radio414 (2), Yui (2), LordCowCow (1)

Best in Chat: @Chaos Sonic (3)
Rep (2), Yui (2), Hakima (1), radio414 (1)

Best RP: My Hero Academia: Far Beyond Max Omega (hosted by @(‽) ) (3, Via tiebreak polls)
Gijinka The Fallen God (2), Chosen (2)

Best Character: Cyanthrax (created by @REPmas ) (2)
Melissa (1), MS-11 Chimera (1), Sun (1)

And there you have it! Congrats to everyone who won, but also congrats to those voted for! For of everyone in RP there were at least someone who thought you excelled. And congrats to...well, everyone! None of this would be here without all of you so...Yeah I'm not good at expressing this kinda thing, but here's to many more good times!

---

Poll decided on so removed it; will be going forward with recoloring for now, keeping this in a spoiler for context

Spoiler

Now...as for the badges for awards um...as you can see I'm a bit unsure.

See, I got all the badge images and chose between a bunch to pick out what I thought were best for the awards. So I was wondering what to do about the next years? Do I find the second best image? Which is why I put up a poll. There are a few options I thought of. If you have any other ideas let me know.

But as it stands what I'm thinking are.

1. Same award image entirely. Just leave it be and have the text be different to indicate the year. (All options will have the text when hovering over them)

2. Same award image but colored differently. Just to get a bit of difference between them so that they don't look alike but keeping the general image.

3. Same award image but with added text to the award itself. That is to say a "20" written onto the award image somewhere to stand out and let it known it was from this year at a glance.

4. Different award images entirely. I'd find another similar idea but different looking image to use as the award.

---

Now, another thing to say. After doing this a couple years I'm able to really see various trends and such. And thus am able to have some idea of changes to make. Things to remove, expand on, add, etc. But if anyone has any thoughts feel free to let me know at any time.

With all that said....once again, congratulations, and thank you all!

Cool to see fbmo getting appreciation. I don't have any interest in the award for it on my profile, if you want to edit it into the OOC that's cool, maybe I can do it later idk.

Congrats to the winners.

Oh. Also I think it would be a positive to add more awards, even if they are for niche things. They can be optional to vote on if there is a concern about it overwhelming potential voters, but I can't think of any other potential downside.

7 minutes ago, (‽) said:

Oh. Also I think it would be a positive to add more awards, even if they are for niche things. They can be optional to vote on if there is a concern about it overwhelming potential voters, but I can't think of any other potential downside.

They're all optional to vote on already; for the record. Never had a minimum or maximum number of things to vote for. Added one new category already so it's a given there will be more.

Just have to decide on what.

Just now, LordCowCow said:

They're all optional to vote on already; for the record. Never had a minimum or maximum number of things to vote for. Added one new category already so it's a given there will be more.

Just have to decide on what.

Maybe more than just one should be added at a time, considering the span over which these things occur. I don't see any issue in there being as many as 20 awards, it's not like you have to worry about running out of trophies.