Sign in to follow this  
(o ×)

Morophon, the Boundless

mh1-1-morophon-the-boundless.jpg

Look at this fuckin guy. Isn't he weird? Is that his heart? Why does he look like he's about to start complaining about tiktok and orange justice?

Morophon is a card that, to me, asks a lot of questions. Debuting a year and a half ago in Modern Horizons, he presented an option of a commander for any tribe that didn't have a suitable head. I literally saw a frog deck with him earlier today, shit was hilarious.

While some see him and are thankful that they can finally build a zubera deck, I... Okay I was also excited that I could build a zubera deck. But I ALSO looked through a bunch of the already-supported tribes to see what he could truly break.

I landed on wizards. Hey, look, Prime Speaker Vannifar is a two drop! Yidris is a 0 dro-Oh okay jodah is on board all wizards are free now nice!

What is your favorite tribe for morophon? Is he a silly boomer deer for your volver tribal, or are you totally sure that you could break your way into cedh with him if you could only afford the land base? Are you so obsessed with your five-color commander that you want to run him purely to discount that one card, Blake?

Discuss.

Slivers are maybe an obvious choice, but they do have five five-color legends just begging to be cast for free. The First Sliver combined with Hibernation Sliver just wins the game on the spot, and he's not the worst with ones with generic costs either. Being seven mana in a swarm deck sucks for sure, but I'm already signing up for archenemy when I'm bringing slivers to the table, so I might as well play for the chance at some silly things happening first.

1 hour ago, LordCowCow said:

The objectively correct choice is Kavu

though actually was just amused by

ecd79fbf-626d-4549-917b-435f16b973d9.jpg

Wait this is actually sick. Add in purphuros or impact tremors and you win.