Generated User

Ghostrick Chimera

I've decided to make a link support for one of my favorite archtypes: Ghostrick. 

You should first go to https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Ghostrick to learn about this archetype.

download-5.png

2 "Ghostrick" monsters with different original levels
During your opponent's turn (Quick effect): You can link summon this card. You can also use "Ghostrick" monsters that are face-down on your side of the field and/or attached to Xyz Monsters you control as material for this card's Link Summon. During the turn this was link summoned, your opponent cannot destroy "Ghostrick" or face-down Defense Position monsters by battle/effect, and they cannot be targeted by your opponent's cards/effects. "Ghostrick" Field Spells on the field cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effect. This card can be used for the xyz summon of a "Ghostrick" monster, except "Ghostrick Angel of Mischief".

Tell me if you think this is too OP.

Edited by Generated User
Made a photo for the chimera

Unfortunately I think the card is a bit of a clash for the archetype. This card itself cannot be changed to face-down Defense Position along with the other Ghostrick monsters, so it cannot hide behind the field spells like every other Ghostrick monster. Sure it can negate 1 attack but that's not gonna be enough.
To add to that, it requires 3 materials which is a bit much for Ghostrick capabilities (Ghostricks having a hard time getting a lot of face-up monsters onto the field without relying on reacting to opponent attacks and waiting). Not only that but all 3 have to be Ghostricks so there's no alternate engine of cards that could help you bring this out, and all of them have to be different names further making this needlessly complicated to drop.

My suggestions are the following~

Make the materials into:
2+ monsters, including a "Ghostrick" monster.
I even suggest something like:
You can also use "Ghostrick" monsters that are face-down on your side of the field and/or attached to Xyz Monsters you control as material for this card's Link Summon.

Then give it some better protection capabilities. I suggest this:
If this is the only face-up monster you control, it cannot be attacked, but does not prevent your opponent from attacking you directly.

After that, I'd say just keep this effect:
Your opponent cannot destroy "Ghostrick" monsters or face-down Defense Position monsters this card points to, or "Ghostrick" Field Spells on the field by battle/effect, and they cannot be targeted by your opponent's cards/effects.

^I fused them into a single effect, and added protection for the Ghostrick field spells while at it.

I think that's about all my suggestions, the attack negation and battle reduction is kind of weak and unneded IMO as you have Jack O Lantern and Specter helping you with it already and Mansion, and Bloody Mary wants some sort of damage to get in to trigger too, and so does Ghostrick Parade.

Not OPed at all, IMO. Highly defensive but it's not itself protected so the opponent should be able to deal with this with relative ease. Also it's a pain to Summon, getting 3 Ghostricks with different Level is not an easy task AFAIK, and with that many monsters on board you may as well go for a a different Link, such as PK Rusty Bardiche along a PK engine, or a Link ladder.
Dragon Type doesn't fit the theme of Ghostricks, which so far are Fiend, Spellcaster, Zombie or Fairy.
Sleepy is right in that it clashes a bit with the archetype by not being able to be Set.
I agree with Sleepy on making it easier to Summon. The ability to use Set monsters as materials would an amusing and welcomed perk IMO. Links don't care about Levels at all, so mechanic-wise it should be possible to make a Link that can use Set monsters without conflicting with official rulings, even if such monster have no official precedent.
The effect could be better too by providing some sort of removal or card advantage, because merely protecting your Set monsters is rather passive and would mostly be stalling, which although is a legit strategy, it's frowned upon for its non-interactive nature.

Ok, so I have listened to your suggestions. I think this is upgraded:

download-2.png

2 "Ghostrick" monsters with different original levels
During your opponent's turn (Quick effect): You can link summon this card. You can also use "Ghostrick" monsters that are face-down on your side of the field and/or attached to Xyz Monsters you control as material for this card's Link Summon. During the turn this was link summoned, your opponent cannot destroy "Ghostrick" or face-down Defense Position monsters by battle/effect, and they cannot be targeted by your opponent's cards/effects. "Ghostrick" Field Spells on the field cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effect. This card can be used for the xyz summon of a "Ghostrick" monster, except "Ghostrick Angel of Mischief".

Now it might be too op, so tell me how to improve it.

Edited by Generated User
I forgot something...

I'm afraid you can't give Quick Effects to monsters in the ED. Now that's something that would clash with game mechanics since there are no rulings for that. Not to mention it would be a pain and rather abusive because it's comparable to a "hand trap" that doesn't need to be drawn. That's why there are cards that let you LInk Summon during the opponent's turn, such as IP Masquerena.
Unsure about using cards attached to Xyz as materials. It is possible of course, but comes off as weird to me and pushing it, since it can be compared to using monsters from the GY as material.
The rest looks fine to me. It's still a defensive card, but easier to access and grants protection to the Field Spells, which AFAIK are important pieces in Ghostricks.

To be fair, a Drytron Xyz monster was recently released that allows you to use monsters attached to it as Tributes for a Ritual Summon, so using Xyz Materials for a Link Summon is less controversial now. I still stand against with from-ED Quick Effect because of the "opening can of worms" vibe that comes with it.