Sign in to follow this  
(o ×)

[cEDH] Gnostro Scepter

https://archidekt.com/decks/1040607#Gnostro_Storm

So guys, we did it. This is my first full-on cedh build (otherwise I just play UB control with consult thoracle combo) so if anyone has experience with this top-end of the format I would love advice.

Wincon is Dramatic Scepter combo, then using Gnostro to scry into Aetherflux Reservoir or Brain Freeze, I have redundancy to work around eldrazi titans/yasharn as well as having praetor's grasp hit a single wincon.

With the right hand this is pretty easily a turn 3 deck, probably aims for 5-6 most games.

I don't play cEDH, just vaguely follow the development of certain decks, but Sunforger seems super slow and low-impact even with Stoneforge to find it.

I wonder if there's a way to fit High Tide in? It's probably hard in a three-color deck but I've seen other storm decks manage it. It opens up Time Spiral as an option too, which is neat.

Gamble seems like something to look at getting, as does Teferi, Time Raveller and the two red Blasts.

EDIT: Oh and Pact of Negation

I'll do some more digging.

Edited by radio414

15 hours ago, radio414 said:

I don't play cEDH, just vaguely follow the development of certain decks, but Sunforger seems super slow and low-impact even with Stoneforge to find it.

Sadly likely true.

I wonder if there's a way to fit High Tide in? It's probably hard in a three-color deck but I've seen other storm decks manage it. It opens up Time Spiral as an option too, which is neat.

I don't think this gets me anywhere, this is much more oriented toward assembling a combo than building up a storm count like the working class would.

Gamble seems like something to look at getting, as does Teferi, Time Raveller and the two red Blasts.

I lost a lot of progress while building, must have missed gamble while readding. Definitely want teferi.

So you would like to be closer to something like this Elsha of the Infinite deck then?

Some differences, of course. This list is less midrange than yours -- no walkers at all, for example -- and Top is worse without a Future Sight in the command zone, so the cards that support that line probably aren't worth the include, but stuff like Reshape is probably worth a look.

Edited by radio414

I wouldn't call dack fayden and narset midrange options.

Reshape is definitely a powerful tutor that had slipped my mind.

Also I'm of the opinion that running creatures in elsha is an outright mistake.

Edited by (‽)

I mean, when the critical turn for a lot of decks is, like, two to three (got three from this list of cedh commanders, though admittedly it's a little outdated), a three-mana disruptive piece is going to be midrange, yeah. Narset maybe less so since she can combo with wheels.

That's uninterrupted, with optimal hands.

cEDH typically ends around turn 5-6.

Dack is a ramp spell.