Blake

To The Members

I had already given a like to this in the morning but I gotta say I am extra grateful to this little speech as one of the only beacons of positivity after all the events that have transpired today online. Thought it'd be good to let this thought out.

To be honest back in the mod thread of the other site I let myself get annoyed by Horu's randomness and as a result I ended up venting out a private matter for a user that was just... there, with no votes or influences or much else to do with anything. An ad hominem that Dae was right to call out on along with all the hell breaking loose over there. Contributing to all that ruckus is something I still regret, and this time around I'd rather not go back in the gutter again. I don't even care I didn't win anymore, as I think I stopped deserving to the moment I did what I did anyways. Coming back to this thread relaxes me a bit so I'm using it as a sort of confessionary while I'm at it. It reminds me that there is this spot of the internet we have here, and although I wish it had the same traffic as the other place, it is still a space to be thankful for. It makes the issues and drama on the other side look smaller, and for members that came from YCM to make themselves a place over here, NCM should be "it" right? As much as I think YCMaker is pretty questionable to say the least, we should be able to look at things from a distance and with a more calm and collected approach. After all, Neo is home now, not YCM, isn't it?

Now, I say this as somebody that has kept lurking on both sides and is dragged most to where my art buddies hang out (which has been like 90% YCM and discord this year) so I don't believe I deserve to include myself in this, but I do really wholeheartedly wish this place flourished a lot more and I could convince my friends to come here...

Sorry for the aimless ranting, and let's hope we have a brighter year ahead of us....

All I can say is thanks and much appreciated. Wishing you the best in the coming year, cause I know you've gone through quite a bit. Remember that we're here for you as well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.