(o ×)

The Suspension of Giga DrillBreaker by the Coward YC Maker

Yesterday, on January 2nd, 2021, with a courageous flame of rebellion and heroism alight in my eyes and heart, I typed out a status expressing my dissatisfaction with the steps YCMaker has taken since reappearing from the abyss. It made mention of his threats to ban those who spoke out against him.

Lo and behold, rather than confront the accusations, or at the very least assure a friend like myself that he in fact did not mean to offend, he deleted the status and gave me 7 warning points, as is tradition for power abuse on the site. For the reason, he simply put "spamming" which I assume was the button above "he hurt my feelings with his facts and logic" and he simply misclicked. These points removed my ability to post on the forum, as well as make use of the status bar or the PM function, for 72 hours.

While informing my friends of the situation, I notice that rising star moderator Enguin is outraged with YCMaker over recent decisions, and assume that this is the result of the unjust punishment of the forum's most influential member.

After several hours of nothing notable happening aside from a few statuses pointing out the absolute ridiculousness of YCMaker's suddenly militant regime, I find myself in a conversation with a friend, in which I am asked how I would respond to YCMaker's behavior in this situation if I was in the position of a moderator. While checking the site's terms of use, curious whether YCMaker would have any legal recourse against being demodded on his own site, I came to learn that the usage of any form of copyrighted content that one does not own is against the terms of use of Yu-Gi-Oh Card Maker Forum.

Naturally, I reported YCMaker's latest thread, as it contains card names, art, and other konami-owned graphic pieces that were by all means copyrighted.

YCMaker responded to this as any reasonable person would, and suspended my account until February with no further points added and no justification or communication given.

13 minutes ago, Blake said:

mXhmwnt.png?1

Fitting. It's against the rules to attack the headmaster.

Edited by Thar

Do you remember the status you wrote enough to replicate it here? I'm curious.
I've had my head inside a hole for a few weeks with my pals of the art groups doing a Christmas thing mostly on Discord (it's been a lot of fun btw, thanks for asking)

The YCM status kinda already moved on to Dae getting turned on by Hina posting in there so I came here instead...

3 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Do you remember the status you wrote enough to replicate it here? I'm curious.
I've had my head inside a hole for a few weeks with my pals of the art groups doing a Christmas thing mostly on Discord (it's been a lot of fun btw, thanks for asking)

The YCM status kinda already moved on to Dae getting turned on by Hina posting in there so I came here instead...

Basically along the lines of "No wonder YCMaker was determined to be an unfit admin literally years ago, the fact that he responds to being spoken out against by threatening to ban people is very telling."

It has more words than that, Enguin might be able to access it, but nothing in it broke any site rules or constituted any form of spamming.

Edited by (‽)

Also YCMaker doesn't know how to paste as plain text, a crime punishable by death.

5 minutes ago, Hina's Simp said:

Striker is alive, yo

Striker came back, Hina's Simp evolved to Hina's Chad

2021 already lookin good

Just a heads up, I'm going to be considering this kind of content spam moving forward. I just want to be fair and let you know ahead of time. If you'd like to make a case for why I should or should not operate the forum in a panopticonic manner, please send me a PM and we'll talk.

11 minutes ago, worK said:

Just a heads up, I'm going to be considering this kind of content spam moving forward. I just want to be fair and let you know ahead of time. If you'd like to make a case for why I should or should not operate the forum in a panopticonic manner, please send me a PM and we'll talk.

Stop fucking taking my schtick, ass.

1 minute ago, Hina's Simp said:

Stop fucking taking my schtick, ass.

6 minutes ago, worK said:

Don't forget to consider this kind of content spam moving backwards too

18 minutes ago, worK said:

This is a quick forewarning but this particular brand of chatter is going to be considered unnecessary chattel in the near future and onwards. I wanted to be kind and courteous and give this warning so you would not be caught off guard. If you would care to make an rebuttal for why I should or should not continue to operate in this fashion onwards, please contant me via the means of private conversations and we can continue this dialogue then.

"manufactured drama" is such a low-effort write-off.

Nyx I'm sorry for doubting you. You're a hero on this day.

Edited by (‽)

4 minutes ago, (‽) said:

"manufactured drama" is such a low-effort write-off.

Nyx I'm sorry for doubting you. You're a hero on this day.

Doubting me? About what?