Sleepy

A different kind of drawing than usual for me~

Ok sooo umm...
This is something I have wanted to try out for a long time but it's definitely not my style or strength at all...
Even knowing my limitations it still surprises me that I've been working 4 hours on it and now I have to wake up in like 2 more to go to work xD

The hair was a nightmare and I swear I wasn't trying to do a duckface or anything, I wanted to make one of those cute angry anime expressions.

2IV6tK0.jpg

Edited by Sleepy

Looks great, I guess my only suggestion would be to try and add depth to the hair although I'm not sure how you'd go about doing it (a light shade maybe?)

Right now the hair goes into nothing so looks like they're missing half their head lol

1 minute ago, Tormented said:

Looks great, I guess my only suggestion would be to try and add depth to the hair although I'm not sure how you'd go about doing it (a light shade maybe?)

Right now the hair goes into nothing so looks like she's missing half their head lol

Ah, I see what you mean. 
I am gonna try to at least get rid of the white pockets but otherwise yeah, not quite sure how to fix it.
Trial and error I suppose haha xD

Thank you = )

Woah.

That's honestly incredible, considering what a departure it is from your typical style.

I can't really think of any critique to give, the detail on this is amazing, that eyebrow holy shit. A lot of subtle work done through smudging alone.

Also Jesus christ get some sleep.

Edited by (‽)

1 minute ago, (‽) said:

Woah.

That's honestly incredible, considering what a departure it is from your typical style.

I can't really think of any critique to give, the detail on this is amazing, that eyebrow holy shit. A lot of subtle work done through smudging alone.

Also Jesus christ get some sleep.

Thanks and will do xD
Really lost track of time ^^"

Slight edit but got rid of the puffed cheek effect. It looked ugly and I already don't have such a high regard for my face as it is xD
I wish I could have given the drawing a normal smile but it kept looking like fish lips after many tries, that's why it has that sort of expression ^^"

Also, filled in a few white spots in the hair but as said above, it does lack some high lights for extra volume and quite frankly I'm not really sure how to fix that.... I probably should look around for a kneaded eraser and see if it does something.....

One more thing, I altered the neck a tiny little bit.... I confess I only wanted accuracy on the head and the original neck I only put there when I was dead half-asleep because it looked awkward as a floating head... I slightly fixed it xD

For record, these modifications require me to take additional pics of my face for reference.... It is a bit awkward for me to stare at myself like that.

Edited by Sleepy