Summer Darj

Dark Honest

Cafyv0A.png
LIOV-JP022 Dark Honest
Level 4 DARK Fairy Effect Monster
ATK 1100
DEF 1900
(1) Once per turn: You can return this face-up card from the field to the hand. (2) During the Damage Step, when your DARK monster battles an opponent’s monster (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand to the GY; that opponent’s monster loses ATK equal to its own ATK, until the end of this turn.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/theclearandhonestdarkness/

A bunch of cards have been revealed as of late, but wanted to drop this one here because I find it so amusing. Since the reveal of Honest card makers have brought their versions of a Dark Honest, or  "Dishonest", and IIRC some of those were almost, if not exactly, like this, a Dark counterpart with an effect that drops the ATK of the opposing monster instead of giving ATK to yours. I find it funny, and hopefully with this card around, card makers will stop making their own dishonest  Dark takes on Honest.

Discuss? Not much to say, IMO. It's just as effective as Honest nowadays, which doesn't see any play in competitive levels. Really late to the party.

Edited by Summer Darj

Well, I appreciate another addition to the "Dark" variants of existing monsters. Monsters such as Grepher, Creator, Valkyria, and Armed Dragon just to name a few.

I believe it is easier to search than the original Honest.

However, one thing the original Honest has over this one is its capability of stacking. If you're battling a big beatstick, this guy just makes the ATK 0. With the original Honest? You can use more than one copy for massive damage.

Actually a good point with the stacking. OTKing with double or triple Honest was a thing, yeah. That means the card is actually worse, if only slightly. Not sure which cards make this more searchable than Honest... can only think of Creeping Darkness.
Also if Dark couterparts ever get some support, that would help this card too.

The good ol' days of seeing people make this exact card in CC.

Also in addition to multiple copies not stacking, this doesn't work as well with multi-attackers like Cyber Twin or other multi hitters, which is a big rip. This half looks like it could fit into a future box in Duel Links as a UR card within the next year or two. On one hand, we've had Riryoku since forever and that's been fine, on the other hand it gets more versatility out of being a hand trap and by being a monster it gets extra benefits.

I'm glad they are wearing masks.

Are dark mosnters still more prevalent?

This doesn't stack with itself like normal honest, that's annoying.

Reptilianne synergy?

honest is bad

dark honest is bad

card is legitimately like 10+ years too late