Well it is another year so time for me to think about being more active again, before I retreat back into lurking the status bar every so often.

50 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

I remember I asked before about mobile/gatcha games but have you gotten into any new ones recently?

Actually started playing Pokemon Masters during Halloween since it had been sitting there on my phone for a while after I got a notification about Halloween Hubert, though I've kinda stopped playing currently. Also started playing Bloons TD5 again. For new games I intend to pick up D4DJ when it releases in English in a couple of months, mainly for Photon Maiden covers.

2 hours ago, radio414 said:

can you explain your favorite three houses house to me, someone who hasn't played three houses?

Don't really have a favourite house per say, but I lean more towards Black Eagles mainly due to being the house I started with. This isn't really going to go that much into how well I think they are written, since that is something I'm not good at, so it is mainly going to be on how much I enjoy them as units.

Edelgard: My favourite lord in the game, though I do prefer it when she is in the antagonist role during the other routes. Very fun unit to use, as being able to enter combat 5 times in one turn is stupidly fun on a unit with Canto. One day I'll get round to levelling her Riding skill up for a memey Dark Knight build. Also red is the best colour palette for classes, so that is a boon. Do wish she had more supports with students outside her house, like with Slyvain or Mercedes.

Ferdinand: Going into the game I didn't think I would like Ferdinand as much as I did, but after I got into the second half of the game he became one of my favourite Three Houses character. My go to War Master when playing though the game. Plus he has a lot of freedom to build, having 4 (5 after completing a budding talent) strengths, while not having any weaknesses in skills. Also has red as his colour palette, which is another tick mark.

Dorothea: Pretty much always Dorothea since Meteor is a good spell, and she is only 1 of 3 usable characters with a 10 range spell, the others being Hanneman and Constance. Usually just dump her into Gremory from Warlock/Bishop, though I'll occasionally shift her into a Swordmaster/Trickster for Levin Sword fun. Plus red colour palette.

Bernadetta: Never really use her. Used her in my first playthrough, though quickly realised that Leonie does Bernadetta's job better so she was then benched starting in my second playthrough. Pass can be useful, but being weak in 4 different skills sucks and makes it hard to get useful skills like Death Blow or Wrath. Her personal skill is useful as +4 damage when she is below 100% health is nice, but most of the other "archer" characters can fill the role better due to being able to access abilities better.

Linhardt: The resident healer, don't use him much as I generally steal Marianne from the Golden Deer for my healer instead. Physic, Restore and Warp is a very good Faith spell list. In terms of supportive use I would put him above Marianne because I use Warp more than Silence, though Marianne can work better due to easier access to cavalry and flier classes due to strengths in both of them.

Hubert: Pretty much the character which Dark Mage/Dark Bishop was designed for, being the only male to learn Dark Magic in the base game and those classes are male locked. Unfortunately for Hubert he is outclassed as a Dark Magic user by Lysithea, who hits hard and has the benefit of being able to make use of Thyrsus. Don't really use him outside of his Paralogue.

Petra: The resident dodge tank. Good Dex and Spd with decent Atk. Can do fun crit builds with Wrath and Defiant Crit along with her personal skill for +120 crit when below 25% HP and the enemy initiate when they're below 50%. Other than that I lean more towards Ingrid or Leonie due to similar stat spreads. Her post time skip design is also cool.

Casper: Another character I don't use much, mainly because Ferdinand is very similar stat wise, though Casper can get to War Master quicker due to a strength in Brawling and Axes.

Anyway, now for a few mentions of my other favourite students.

Ingrid: My favourite Three Houses character. Pretty much the de facto Pegasus Knight of the game. A good jack of all trades unit, decent base Atk, Mag and Dex with good Spd growths for offensive purposes, with fairly decent Luck, Def and Res growths for defensive purposes. Lots of ways to build her, though since she while never be as good as other units when given similar investment into the respective class.

Leonie: My go to archer unit. Same strengths for skills as Bernadetta without the weaknesses, though she doesn't get Pass. Given the same class progression, Leonie will usually out perform Bernadetta due to having equal or better growths (5% higher HP and Atk, 10% Spd, 15% Luck, and 20% Def) in everything but Res. Plus for fun but totally not that useful builds, she has a fairly good Faith spell list with Physic and Restore, though her poor Magic (30% growth at best) will mean they have fairly poor range. Her Reason spells are kinda eh since Fire magic is boring. Plus is the only character with the Orange colour palette.

43 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

What, if you have any, are your top....5 Bandori ships?

Bandori ships would probably be SayoTsugumi and SaayaTae. I am admittedly behind on Bang Dream story stuff, which may be a factor in only having 2 ships. Need to get round to finishing season 2 at some point.

11 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

What would your dream mobile game collab be?

Would love a Love Live x Fire Emblem Heroes collab, despite the fact it will never happen and could be kinda unwieldly to implement. On the FEH side it would require 2 event slots or going for Leilla which is a new group and as such most definitely wouldn't sell as well. Nijigasaki would be the best choice of the prior groups due to the simple fact they have at least 10 members, though to fully fill the banner you will end up dumping at least 1 member due to there being 2 reward units, 6 standard units, the duo unit (could be made a trio) and then the Harmonized, giving 11 or 12, though Yuu would probably be dump due to technically being anime only. Aqours could work if you include Saint Snow as that would give you the 11 characters required to fill 2 banners. Though if you make it a non-event banner then it is simply making one of the banners a 3 person one.

The Love Live side would be a whole lot easier as it would just be designing costumes for said units alongside adding Lost in Thoughts All Alone/The Heritors of Arcadia/The Edge of Dawn as the event song(s).

Otherwise a Neptunia x FEH collab would be simple as you got the 4 Goddesses as the banner units and pick a villian as the free unit. And if it replaces a seasonal banner just slap one of the sister characters on to their respective sibling as a duo unit.

20 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

hqdefault.jpg

200px-FETH_Lysithea.png

Thoughts?

Never really saw a resemblance will doing the tier list but seeing them side by side I can very much see similarities.

12 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Top four Elite Four members? (No Champions)

Kahili, Caitlin, Phoebe, and Karen, with honourable mentions of Rod and Courney from the TCG Gameboy Colour game since they are technically not Elite 4 members..

8 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Pokemon question. Favorite base stage starter, middle stage starter, and final stage starter? (for instance Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur)

Mudkip, Bayleaf, and Samurott.

4 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Happy Birthday! Favorite type of seasonal in Gatcha? (Christmas, New Years, etc etc)

Will mostly be going off of FEH as it is the Gatcha I've put most time into, so it'll probably be Valentines then New Years. Summer would probably be my least favourite as I'm kinda eh on swimsuit costumes.

On another gatcha note, have you done more in Bang Dream at all? Specifically asking cause Toko of Morfornica shares your birthday and wondered on your thoughts on that band

17 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

On another gatcha note, have you done more in Bang Dream at all? Specifically asking cause Toko of Morfornica shares your birthday and wondered on your thoughts on that band

Keep meaning to, especially with Morfonica being released on the English server, but rhythm games are hard to play when you are doing other stuff as the majority of times I'm playing mobile games is when I watching videos or am on my Switch, so the most of my Bang Dream stuff is entirely the music stuff, as I'm also behind on the anime. But I am now aware that I share my birthday with 4 characters from 3 different music gatchas: Kanata Konoe in Love Live; Miho Kohinata and Iku Nakatani from Idolm@ster (though I only found out about Iku when double checking Miho birthday); and now Touko. Which means more characters to find fan art for to save to be potentially used once a year.

On the topic of Morfonica as a band though, they are great. Was already listening to Ayasa's violin covers before Morfonica was made, so when it popped up that she was part of it on Twitter and on Youtube so I gave a listen and now Morfonica is probably my 2nd favourite of the bands for music. Daylight, Sonorous, and flame of hope are probably my top 3 Morfonica songs. And after looking through pictures of the Live2D models, all have great costumes, with Mashiro being my favourite overall.

Over half way done with my job placement, and I've got a staff "Christmas" lunch tomorrow so time for a bump.

Heading to England for a few days fir a holiday, and being the first one I have paid and arranged myself. So time for a bump while I wait to check in for the ferry.

Edited by Azure