yui

post your argument and i will oppose it

nvm

Edited by cr47t
Thought this was a diff thread sorry so I just made something up

friends on the other side is, objectively and without a doubt, the worst disney villain song

On 3/10/2021 at 8:55 AM, cr47t said:

foos beat nirvana

also: foos are beat by nirvana

Foos > Nirvana: There's no way Grohl would have been able to write Smells Like Teen Spirit and other hits.

Nirvana > Foos: There's no way Cobain would have been able to write Learn To Fly and other hits.

2 hours ago, (␀) said:

friends on the other side is, objectively and without a doubt, the worst disney villain song

Don't you disrespect that song, little man! There is no such thing as a worst Disney villain song. And if there was, I personally would hand it over to Mad Madam Mim's number from The Sword in the Stone. It may be owed to being quite a bit older than the usual bangers that Disney puts out for their animated villains, but that song just doesn't hit the way the others do.

Edited by yui

18 minutes ago, (␀) said:

also hellfire beats friends on the other side no diff

that ain't even a point i can argue against that's just straight facts man

19 hours ago, UltimateIRS said:

Gridania is the worst starting area in Final Fantasy XIV.

this is again just objective fact gridania is boring as hell, but imma try anyway and keep in mind i haven't made a character there yet

Have you considered Ul'dah though? Sure, Gridania is all green and verdant everywhere, but at least it's green, a trait it shares with much of Limsa Lominsa. Ul'dah is just a yucky brown all over. In the other two regions the enemies are pretty varied, but Ul'dah's enemies? It's just bugs! So many bugs. Not exactly an appealing zone. Not to mention the most basic bitch of classes - the Warrior - starts there, so you know this place gon be basic.

Gridania is the worst one though

7 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

Pokemon XY are the easiest Pokemon games to Nuzlocke

I'd say RBY are the easiest ones to Nuzlocke actually, since it's pretty easy to abuse the janky spaghetti code the game runs on.

1 hour ago, cr47t said:

Batman doesn't kill people

Creating a situation where someone will die if left for dead then leaving them for dead counts as killing, which he has done a non-zero number of times if memory serves. Plus, didn't he kill that dude that shot his parents?

The Johto Pokemon games are terrible for Nuzlocking because you have fuckall in terms of worthwhile grinding spots.

On 3/13/2021 at 12:10 AM, Mr Spaz said:

The Johto Pokemon games are terrible for Nuzlocking because you have fuckall in terms of worthwhile grinding spots.

Yes, but you eventually get a Meganium. Slow and steady wins the race.

58 minutes ago, (␀) said:

If you're abusing code in your nuzlocke, that's cheating and doesn't count.

As long as you're operating within the boundaries of the game itself, and not using a third-party program of some sort (except randomizers, obviously) or tampering with the game (i.e. actual cheat codes), it counts. Abusing the code certainly makes the nuzlocke easier unless something goes horribly wrong, but you're still operating within the set of "rules" the code gives you as well as the general ruleset of a nuzlocke. The only real rules for the challenge are to catch only the first thing in each area, nickname every pokemon that joins the team, and if something faints, you must release/permabox it. Nowhere does that set of rules forbid abusing a loophole or two you've found in the code. It certainly is against the spirit of hardcore challenge, but ultimately is still fair play.

58 minutes ago, Mr Spaz said:

Nuzlockes are more fun than solo runs

Look, just saying, the most fun I've ever had with a nuzlocke was when the RNGods decided it should also be a solo run by killing everything (including a Metagross and Tyranitar) I had within 15 minutes of catching it, except my starter Fearow. Pushing one team member to their absolute limits and fighting the entire world on your own is very nice.

17 minutes ago, (␀) said:

What is the difference between abusing code and cheatcodes?

Abusing code is something that you actively do yourself by breaking open an oversight or exploiting a loophole of some sort, as not intended by the devs. Some examples are infinite bound armor in Oblivion, Skyrim's (tragically patched) Oghma Infinium bug that let you max out all skills, or certain skips in speedrunning, especially the ones that involve clipping through something. Cheats are either built into the game with the intent of being used if you know the code (the Konami code, The Sims' ubiquitous "motherlode" cheat, etc) or are run by third-party software to straight up change the game's coding or behavior/involve the player modifying the game files (Dream's Minecraft RNG, GameSharks and Action Replays, so on and so forth).

To explain the difference on the same game with the same goal, abusing code would be something like Super Mario 64's backwards long jump or Mipps clip, while cheat codes would be magically giving yourself enough stars to get through the Bowser doors or perhaps even removing the doors entirely.

Edited by yui

On 3/12/2021 at 5:28 PM, yui said:

Creating a situation where someone will die if left for dead then leaving them for dead counts as killing, which he has done a non-zero number of times if memory serves. Plus, didn't he kill that dude that shot his parents?

If memory serves on this...he actually didn't kill Joe Chill...I think...wanna think the guy passed on his deathbed peacefully.

Annnnnnd just cause I wanna start something...

FLAT ISN'T JUSTICE

Okay so I understand the mechanical differences, but how would that make glitch abuse more legitimate?

7 hours ago, Chaos Sonic said:

If memory serves on this...he actually didn't kill Joe Chill...I think...wanna think the guy passed on his deathbed peacefully.

Annnnnnd just cause I wanna start something...

FLAT ISN'T JUSTICE

The way I remember it was he left Joe Chill under some collapsed building, he got out, then all of Batman's villains learned he's the reason Batman exists and yknow they're Gotham's baddies so...
(this recollection of events is based on one of the animated series)

Anyway, you're making my job too easy. There is no black and white affairs, and tiddy size/lack thereof is no different. Some are meant to be big, some small, and my choice is simply a preference. If you enjoy big mommy milkers, that's cool too.

5 hours ago, (␀) said:

Okay so I understand the mechanical differences, but how would that make glitch abuse more legitimate?

Because you didn't modify the game files or use a software/set of commands that does (except randomizers). It is kinda scummy, but since you're still operating within the boundaries of the game, you are technically still following the letter of the rules, even if you're not necessarily following the spirit of them.

Just now, Mr Spaz said:

Pokemon Sword and Shield were not a total dumpster fire of a game

It isn't. However, it is certainly not a game one should ever purchase if they haven't already. I went off on the subject of why about a month ago.

unknown.png

16 hours ago, yui said:

The way I remember it was he left Joe Chill under some collapsed building, he got out, then all of Batman's villains learned he's the reason Batman exists and yknow they're Gotham's baddies so...
(this recollection of events is based on one of the animated series)

This sounds like the "Batman Brave and the Bold" animated series...me I was referring to the recent events of the "Batman: Three Jokers" comic which entailed Joe Chill passing in that. Then again, the B&B series actually gave us a good visual of the Spectre and the Phantom Stranger (voiced by Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, the animated series Batman and Joker) in a constant mental battle with Batman and possibly enacting justice or revenge on Chill.

The Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is actually a faithful remake of the Gen 4 games and people aren't seeing it clearly.