Skaia

Yu-Gi-Oh! Blue Rose [OOC/Started/Not Accepting]

[Logo Logo] 

Host: Skaia, me

Introduction 

Spoiler

Hey everyone, once again it's Skaia here. You may recognize this as one of the options that I had on my interest poll like, a week or so ago, and so as I see that people are interested in it I have decided to go along in making it, among others too but those are for later. But, in case you didn't see that interest poll or need a refresher, I'll restate what I had said there. 

Essentially, this is a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament based RP. The entire RP takes place over the course of one tournament that lasts for a few weeks - the Blue Rose Tournament. As far as genre is concerned this is meant to be a mix of sports and slice of life. Somewhere to between half to the main bulk of the RP is meant to be downtime, in which your characters hang around the city of Camelia, having fun and getting to know one another. Then there's the tournament part of the RP where you're all actually dueling. This is not to say that, if on your down time, you can't duel but it's not mandatory to do so. As a result, the main focus of this RP is on your own characters and what drives them, what changes them, what makes them grow etc etc. Don't be afraid to regularly flashback. 

The RP itself is not meant to be exceedingly long nor large, as it is just one tournament and that is it. However to give you some time to actually do a few duels before getting knocked out, the tournament is slated to start at 32 participants, half of them being knocked out each round, with a losers bracket. Because I don't feel like writing for some enormous quantity of NPCs, Players will be allowed to have multiple characters but only one of them will be their "main character," and that should be their main focus. This isn't to say you can't do stuff with whatever side characters you create or can't get in depth into their own struggles and backstories, but they should not be around as frequently and ultimately are just there to lose. On that note I feel like it's important to also add that this is a tournament based RP, which means that by the end of it only one person will be the winner. 

Also, unless otherwise opposed, the current format of the RP is still the same one used in Arc-V, whatever that was called: 2 Pendulum Zones separate from S/T zones, no Links, no EMZ.

More details on the setting will be added at a later date, as well character creation stuff. Just putting this out there now, so if any questions feel free to ask. 

Rules

Spoiler
  1. All Site and RP section rules apply. 
  2. As stated in the introduction, players will have one main character but are allowed to make npcs for duels if they so wish. 
  3. While I will not be particularly strict on deadlines nor will I require everyone to be doing something all at once, if you are holding us up I do reserve the right to take action in moving things along. General idea, though, is that would be good to post every 7-10 days. 
  4. This is especially true when it comes to duels. If you are stalling in the middle of a duel and holding up the rp, I reserve the rights to finish the duel in your place. I don’t want to, though, so please do not make this an issue. I do reserve the right to eject you from the RP if this becomes too big of a problem.  If you cannot post for whatever reason, please inform at least me of it and I am more likely to be lenient about this. 
  5. On the topic of duels, generally speaking all duels will be written and/or scripted before hitting the thread. Any questions on that topic and I will be glad to help.
  6. My noncommittal word is probably final.

Setting 

Spoiler

Blue Rose takes place in the fictional city of Camellia, in the fictional Province of Theaceae in the fictional country of Persica. 

Persica itself is an island country smack dab in the middle of some ocean on probably Earth. It is made up of three islands, one main island and two smaller ones to the west of the main one. It is as well divided into 16 different provinces. As far as culture goes anything goes. Any language or culture thing you want to make up go for it. Just know that Camellia is a big city, with all those usual big city things in them (more will be added later and as needed,) and while not overly crowded/busy does come more to life during the days the Blue Rose tournament is going on. 

The Blue Rose tournament, the main center piece of the RP and the largest tournament in all of Persica. Gathering two participants from each of the 16 provinces, a double elimination tournament between 32 participants, with a losers bracket. It happens once a year and is used to decide the best of the best in Persica, with the rest of the dueling world looking at this tournament with great respect as well. The top three of this tournament all win prize money, though the winnings between first and third place are greatly different. 

More will be added as needed. 

Character App

Spoiler

Some things to keep in mind. So firstly, this is the professional leagues. And while this is supposed to help dictate age range of 19 to beyond, this is also to note that you all are likely aware of each other. After all, this tournament happens once a year and isn't the only interprovincial tournament it's just the biggest one. So, be mindful of how much you know of the other characters. Whether you've spoken with them regularly and are friends, just dueled with them in the past,  or just have passing knowledge of them from either television or literally just learned of their existence through the tournament brackets. You can even be from the same province as it takes two representatives each, though this is via a tournament in which the top 2 go on so one of you would've had to beat the other. 

Another note is to not worry about lodging as the Blue Rose itself has a fairly nice hotel for all participants to stay in, though if they seek different lodging they are able to do so. 

Also please denote if your character is your main or NPC. 

Name: 
Appearance: Spoiler this. Use of an Image is highly recommended. 
Personality: Spoiler this. 1 paragraph minimum.
Biography: Spoiler this. 1 paragraph minimum.
Deck: The name and description of your character's deck goes here. Deck list not necessary, just mention how it is played and maybe what your ace card(s) are. 
Custom Cards: Spoiler this. Images of, links to, or written versions of all custom cards the character uses .
Misc. Information: Theme songs, trivia, and other fun facts

Edited by Skaia

I dunno, link monsters are pretty sick, especially now that they aren't required. A change would have to be made to give pendulums their balls back, but otherwise I feel that rewinding so far is just pointlessly exclusionary.

Pretty ok with me. I'll bite.

Main Character: Sweet Scents, Petals, and OH GOD IS THAT A DRAGON

Spoiler

Name: Zoe Celia 

Appearance: 

Spoiler

CtdqdNG.jpg

She looks a lot older than she actually is, given the amount of stress she is under. Her hair is a light shade of blonde.

Height: 5'9"

Personality:

Spoiler

Zoe is a quiet, caring person with a large amount of maturity to her. She sits in the background and watches things unfold. She doesn't like interfering in other's affairs. However, those who do get close to her find she is incredibly loyal and is one to sacrifice everything for them. She likes her tight group of people, and doesn't let people in easily, although she always tries to put on a friendly face.

Deep down though, she is suppressing a feeling of uselessness. Everything she has done to help her mother, in her eyes, has done nothing to help her get better, and any progress she had made in making her healthy has only delayed something that she can't do anything about. Zoe is doing this for her mother, and if she fails, than she feels all her work would be for naught. But even still, she can't give up on her mother. She fights without mercy, because she cannot afford to lose.

Biography:

Spoiler

Zoe hasn’t had a lively life. She lives on the east coast with her mother in a small town of Kust, but it hasn’t been easy. Her mother was prone to illness due to a weakened immune system that she has had since birth. Zoe's father couldn’t support her, so he moved away to get a better paying job, being a crew member on a trading vessel, leaving Zoe home at age 12 to take care of her mother. She was forced to grow up fast and take care of her mother. It took a while, but things began to change. She was getting better. The treatments had been effective in increasing her immune support. And then, during a regular check-up, she was diagnosed with cancer.

She was so ill that she was put in the hospital. Zoe's plans of becoming a doctor were put on hold as she broke into her college fund to support her mother. She’d almost recovered, but without much money left, the treatments would stop, and she would be forced to take out a loan to pay for it, or, if unsuccessful in securing a loan... Zoe didn't like to think about the alternative. So Zoe did something she hadn't done in a long time. In her youth, she had entered a few smaller tournaments for money, not with large success, but middling amounts of success, enough to scrape on by. Now, it was time for the big leagues, the Blue Rose tournament. She entered with the intention to get the money by any means necessary, whether that be by winning or getting enough donations to see her mother past her last treatment.

Deck:

Spoiler

Zoe plays an Aroma deck, focused on plants and gaining life points, then cashing them in. Her aces include Ancient Sacred Wyvern and the Winged Dragon of Ra and it’s support cards.

Custom Cards: 

Spoiler

Aroma Jasmine Retrain.

LIGHT/Plant/Fusion/Effect

LV 6

2 Plant monsters

You can Fusion Summon this card by sending the face-up Fusion Materials from your field to the GY (you do not use Polymerization). If your LP are higher than your opponent's, this card and any Plant monsters adjacent to this card cannot be destroyed by battle. You can Tribute 1 monster adjacent to this card; Special Summon 1 Plant monster from your Deck in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Aromaseraphy Jasmine" once per turn. Once per turn, if you gain LP: Add 1 Plant monster from your Deck to your hand.

1800/0

Spoiler

She won her regional tournament match by a very close margin.

Zoe can speak fluent Dutch, which makes communication easier with her mother some days.

Edited by JellisOP
Just did a bit more lengthening, it felt too short.

*Glances at two different characters...possibly 3 that have been in YGO RPs that have long since died*

...well, one of em could work...who knows...

Fight Fire with Fire [Main]

Spoiler

"Pay attention to this...cause your gonna witness my blazing chivalric spirit in action!"

Personal Information
Name: Richard Wallace
Appearance:

Spoiler

kVMEuTy.jpg

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 150 lbs

Personality:

Spoiler

Words to describe Richard Wallace would be a variety of things, but most noticeable would be how outgoing and well mannered he is. Learning specifically from his grandfather, Richard is quite the outgoing gentleman, never shying away from being one of the first ones to introduce himself and make a friend (in a respectful manner to be precise). Because of this he is quite the social butterfly, becoming somewhat of a household name in his small area of the Troyce province just due to his story telling and Dueling with the local kids.

Speaking of the story telling, Richard has a knack for having a creative and imaginative mind, there to both entertain individuals and even go a step further with working on how one can do more than the big standard versions of combos in a Duel with their respective decks.

Out of all this, Richard seems to have quite a number of qualities that one would find being chivalrous. With a love for knights of old, he's taken a shine to being very chivalrous when he can and how he acts...though sometimes he can go a bit overboard...sometimes speaking about the "blazing chivalric spirit" he has or even his monsters have. He could stop at any point in time, but at the same time, Richard believes it really pumps people up (along with himself).

Biography:

Spoiler

“Unfortunately my tale isn't as grandiose as others, but hey, ya gotta start somewhere.”

Born in the Troyce province, Richard Wallace was always a hyper-active and enjoyable child to be around. So captivated by stories of knights and dragons, swords and sorcery, Richard was always a kid that tried his best to help out those in need when he could. Of course, this love for knights, dragons and wizards definitely influenced the young boy greatly in the realm of Duel Monsters, but that's jumping a bit ahead.

Richard lived with his grandfather while his parents, well, to his knowledge he still doesn't know much about them. In truth, he was dropped off at his grandfathers by them and they sort of left without saying much of anything. No return address, no forwarding address...nothing. Even at a young age, Richard could tell that there was one of two options here that his parents were doing: 1. They really didn't want him and pawned him off to his grandfather, or 2. They were on the run from some criminal organization and left him in order not to get caught up in it. He hoped it would be the second option, but deep down, he knew it was the first. And this revelation truly hurt the child.

His grandfather did what he could, knowing he couldn't replace Richard's parents, but he finally made headway in the area of making the young boy no longer feel saddened by this. He began to tell the child stories of brave knights and the adventures they would have, curiously enough, using Duel Monster cards as a visual medium for it. This not only started Richard on the path of having a love for the game, but having a deep rooted love for the fantasy world of swords and sorcery, of the grand tales of knights on quests. It wasn't long before the young child had a smile, and even asked his grandfather to teach him how to play the game...who was simply delighted to do such (after all, instilling knowledge of games and stories was the job of a grandparent).

As Richard grew he found himself using countless decks but namely keeping himself stuck on Warriors, Dragons or Spellcasters. However, for the life of him, he could never find a deck that just meshed well with him. That was until he was about 18, when his grandfather was on the doorstep from this life. The old man had been fighting cancer and while the fight was definitely one he had won many times, this time he couldn't press on any further. At his deathbed, Richard was handed a card from his grandfather: Infernoble Knight Emperor Charles. He told him that this was a favorite of his and that he knew it would serve Richard well. Taking the card, Richard finally took a step in what deck and play style he would finally play for the rest of his time here. With his new Infernoble Knight deck at his side, he became quite the Duelist and won a few local tournaments (while also keeping up with his classes, after all...and education is important too). And when he wasn't dealing with school work or Dueling, Richard found himself taking a slight role from his grandfather and continuing his legacy, telling younger kids fantastic stories...the same ones he was told as a child.

Soon, however, came the whispers of the one tournament that was the biggest deal: the Blue Rose tournament. An opportunity to play on one of the biggest stages and have every Pro in the circuit have eyes on him...this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Plus, the winner would get quite the prize...and that prize money, well...Richard could definitely use that to help out some families the best he could back at Troyce. And of course, Richard was going to make his Blue Rose tournament debut with him and his Infernoble Knights by his side.

Duelist Information
Alias: The Blazing Squire
Deck:

Spoiler

The Blazing Chivalric Spirit [Infernoble Knights]
A Warrior archetype that deals with various knights depicted from the Arthurian Legends and Carolingian Legends. This archetype deals with the knights rely on being equipped with “Noble Arms” and provides the equipped monster with a boon of effects, this mechanic even goes so far as equipping monsters to the knights to get a similar result. In the case of Richard’s deck, he deals mainly with the Infernoble Knight sub-archetype, whilst still having the deck retain its original roots with the Arthurian knights, utilizing those cards to increase his deck’s capacity.

Ace Card(s)
Infernoble Knight Emperor Charles
Infernoble-Knight-Emperor-Charles.jpg
“Your blade delivers your decrees and your spirit burns with a strong fervor! Enter the fray of battle and lead your knights to victory! Synchro Summon!! Let your blazing chivalric spirit ignite the battlefield, my ace! Infernoble Knight Emperor Charles!!”

Immortal Phoenix Gearfried
TOCH-EN012.jpg
“Like the great phoenix, you emerge from your pyre with a new vigor and power! Ascend before our very eyes as you cast your godly judgment upon your foes! I Special Summon my ace! Display your chivalric spirit, ignited by the sacred and holy flame! Immortal Phoenix Gearfried!!”

Decklist:

Spoiler

Total Cards: 48

Monsters - 21
Immortal Phoenix Gearfried 1x
Blue Flame Swordsman 2x
Ogier 2x
Maugis 2x
Oliver 3x
Morgan 2x
Roland 2x
Renaud 3x
Astolfo 2x
Fire Flint Lady 2x

Spells - 21
ROTA 1x
Heritage of the Chalice 3x
Pot of Avarice 2x
Gearbreed 2x
Gallatin 2x
Clarent 2x
Durendal 2x
Hauteclere 2x
Joyeuse 2x
Instant Fusion 2x
Round Table 1x

Traps - 6
Horn of Olifant 2x
Battleguard Howling 2x
Scrap Iron Scarecrow 1
Solemn Warning 1x

Extra Deck - 14
Charles 2x
Laundsallyn 2x
Roland 2x
Oliver 2x
Artorigus 2x
Custennin 2x
Isolde 2x

Custom Cards:

Spoiler

Isolde, Two Tales of the Noble Knights (Retrain)
(Image)
Light | *****
ATK: 1600 | DEF: 2000
Warrior/Fusion/Effect
2 Warrior monsters
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can add 1 Warrior monster from your Deck to your hand, but for the rest of this turn, you cannot Normal Summon/Set or Special Summon monsters with that name, nor activate their monster effects. You can send any number of Equip Spells with different names from your Deck to the GY; Special Summon 1 Warrior monster from your Deck, whose Level equals the number of cards sent to the GY. You can only use each effect of "Isolde, Two Tales of the Noble Knights" once per turn.

Miscellaneous Information
Richard’s Theme (Alternative) | Duel Theme (Alternative) | Summoning Ace

• The name means the following: Richard - an Old Frankish name that means "strong in rule", Wallace - a Scottish name that means "foreigner, stranger".
  • Richard's name is namely taken from two famous knights: Richard the Lionhearted and Sir William Wallace.
  • His two aces, Emperor Charles and Immortal Phoenix Gearfried, Richard sees these two as parallels to his grandfather and himself, respectively.
  • While the province he grew up in was provided by the Fantasy Name Generator, I specifically chose it due to the fact of me immediately thinking about the Trojan War and how the Trojans were from Troy.

Everybody Walk the Dinosaur [Secondary/NPC]

Spoiler

6EaEJbC.png
“Time for me and my Dinomist to rage on!"

Personal Information

Name: Itsuki Amano (天野 Lit. Amano Itsuki)
Physical description:

Spoiler

26hRluD.jpg

Height: 5'10"

Depicted above is Itsuki's general appearance, complete with a pair of dark navy blue jeans and charcoal gray boots. Around his neck is a souvenir from his father, a dinosaur tooth necklace (now whether it's genuine or a cheap knock-off, he doesn't know, but he also doesn't care).

Personality:

Spoiler

A respectable young man, Itsuki is quite the helpful individual, always looking for a chance to either help someone out or just point people in the right direction. This was one of the things he learned from his mother at a young age, and he tries his best to uphold that teaching still. Unfortunately, this can cause him to be late or loose track of time in some occasions, which is something he's trying to work on...but habits like these don't tend to break easily. At the same time, however, he feels that each time he helps someone, that sometime down the line they'll pay back the kindness to him in some way or fashion.

Generally friendly and just an encouraging person to be around, Itsuki has an air about him. For a good portion of people, he's usually seen as that sort of big brother figure and that just makes people notice how both trusting and friendly the young man happens to be. Of course, this shouldn't be taken lightly, as he's only trusting after others attempt to prove themselves to him in order to know if he can trust them or even have them put trust in him.

He has a strong passion about Dueling, seeing as it was one of the things he and his mother bonded greatly over. His mother enjoyed Duel Monsters and was able to put on a strong display for her fans when she was a Pro, this is something he wants to emulate in her honor. However, Itsuki has a fear regarding continuing on the legacy of his mother in this way, namely just thinking that he'll never be as good or even better than her. This can be something that pops into Itsuki's head at the wrong times, thus would also make him second guess himself in a Duel.

Biography:

Spoiler

"She wanted me to become a Pro...so I'm gonna honor those wishes!"

Itsuki happens to be the son of an archeologist father and a retired Duel Circuit Duelist mother. His father, Horu, currently lives on the other side of the world, due to his extensive workload and necessities of wanting to uncover more about ancient civilizations as well as the creatures who once roamed the planet. This left Itsuki to stay with his mother, Kira.

Kira was a Dueling Circuit Pro, going by the name of "Shining Meteor Kira". She Dueled gracefully, especially with the help of her Jurracs, she blew away the competition along with putting on quite a show for the fans in the circuit, which is how she met Horu. The two hit it off and were married, which began to end her time as a Pro, as having a child did take a bit more priority over actually being a Pro. Though she never stopped Dueling, though now she did it purely for fun and now against her son.

Unfortunately, Itsuki began to take a much larger role around his mother, considering she soon began to lose her sight...becoming blind in the process. Itsuki stepped up and took care of her while his father did his best to finance everything for them in order for them to live comfortably. It wasn't too bad of a life for Itsuki, especially after Kira encouraged him to try and go Pro in the Duel Circuit with his Dinomists. He wasn't too sure about it, but it had been a dream of his to at least attempt. Plus, he knew his mother enjoyed listening to the roar of the crowd from her glory days and if they were cheering his name, she probably would like it even better.

So he decided there and then to make his way through the Duel Circuit...but what was the best method to do this? What tournament would guarentee his ascension into the Duel Circuit and establish him as an up and coming Pro? One tournament came to mind...the Blue Rose tournament in Camellia. The Dueling world look at that tournament with respect...and if that was the case...this would be his ticket into the Pro level of Dueling, into taking the mantle from his mother and finally carrying on her legacy. With not much time left to lose, Itsuki signed him and his Dinomists up for the Blue Rose tournament.

Dueling Information

Alias: The Raging Raptor
Deck:

Spoiler

Dinomist Roar!!
A deck consisting of Dinomist, a Pendulum archetype full of Water attributed machine dinosaurs. With a Scale of 3 and 6 for the Pendulums, this deck can Pendulum Summon all monsters the deck has to offer, along with some protection by way of the cards in the Pendulum Zones. However, once the Field Spell is activated, the opponent will have a hard time getting any of their effects to happen, namely during the Battle Phase.

Itsuki's Dinomist deck is pure Dinomist, as he feels any strange addition to this would be just not right. He utilizes the deck to beat down his opponent, as is the general functionality of it. However, one combination he absolutely loves is using his favorite Dinomist: Spinos. Utilizing the power of Pendulum Summoning with Spinos in hand, he can tribute two Dinomists and gain the ability to not only attack directly, but attack directly twice. This is good for him, especially if the opponent had a strong monster on the field: easily bypass it without an issue.

Ace Monsters:
Dinomist Spinos, Dinomist Draco

Decklist:

Spoiler

Total - 43

Monsters - 24
Dinomist Spinos 3x
Dinomist Rex 3x
Dinomist Ceratops 3x
Dinomist Brachion 3x
Dinomist Pteran 3x
Dinomist Plesios 3x
Dinomist Stegosaurer 3x
Dinomist Ankylos 3x

Spells - 12
Terraforming 1x
Pot of Riches 2x
Supply Squad 2x
Dinomist Charge 3x
Dinomic Powerload 2x
Polymerization 2x

Traps - 7
Dinomist Rush 2x
Dinomist Eruption 2x
Dinomist Howling 3x

Extra Deck - 3
Dinomist Draco 3x

Custom Cards:

Spoiler

OYVzmw3.png

Credit for creation: Yui

Misc. information

Itsuki's Theme | Duel Theme (Alternative)

• Itsuki's name mean the following: Itsuki (樹) - Japanese meaning "tree", however the Kanji can sometimes be read as "Ju", and could be very loosely based off of the Japanese term for the Jurassic Period (Juraki, ジュラ紀). Amano (天野) - Japanese meaning "heaven field".
  • His parent's names, Horu and Kira, mean the following: Horu (掘る) - Japanese meaning "excavate", Kira (煌) - Japanese meaning "shine".
    • Horu was give his name due to his occupation as an archeologist, while Kira was namely a reference to Kira Ford, the Dino Thunder Yellow Ranger.
  • Tends to use different sorts of dinosaur puns, and although they may be subtle, Itsuki uses them a lot.
  • Itsuki has a copy of "Jurrac Meteor" in his vest pocket, using it as a good luck charm from his mother, as that was her Ace Monster.
  • When he performs a Pendulum Summon, Itsuki says the following: "Past and Future meet together, letting loose their mechanical roars! Pendulum Summon!! Emerge my Dinomists!!"
  • Itsuki made his original debut in the NCM remake of "YuGiOh! Fortune Redux", although he didn't get to do much originally.
Edited by Chaos Sonic

On 3/4/2021 at 8:21 PM, (␀) said:

I dunno, link monsters are pretty sick, especially now that they aren't required. A change would have to be made to give pendulums their balls back, but otherwise I feel that rewinding so far is just pointlessly exclusionary.

I wouldn't really say pointlessly exclusionary as I did have points to it. 

1. I will be honest, I don't know how current most people are on yu-gi-oh, I myself not actually knowing how the rules were changed to not require links and so I don't really feel like pushing something I don't fully know myself onto someone else. And by your own admission I'd still have to custom change the rules anyway. 
  2. As far as I am aware, most people tend to prefer not having links in written and roleplay format. I don't speak for everyone, obviously, but this is off the basis that there have been several yugioh rps that were released after VRAINS, and not only do almost all of them - to my knowledge - not include links I also haven't heard much in way of complaints about their exclusion from said RPs, and sometimes just comments of not wanting them to begin with. So, my general assumption is that people are either ambivalent to their existence or just don't want them, which would make me inclined to not include them. 
  3. From a practical perspective they are kind of a pain to write around. I am not going to say it's impossible, but links include directional markers and where things are on the board in relative position to them are incredibly important. This is all fine and good in the actual card game, and I think actual board placement mattering is neat, but gets a lot messier and more obnoxious when going from a visual format to a purely written and imaginary one. Especially when it's between two people who need to cooperate as opposed to just locked internally. 

So yeah, I personally think they're kind of a headache to plan around and I haven't seen public opinion that makes me particularly inclined to think of them as a necessity. 

Anyway we're an ooc now and have a rather slapdash note on setting and character apps, though that seems to have not stopped someone. 

One important note, the tournament I have decided is one of 32 and has a losers bracket. 

So yeah, if I missed anything important or what have you, feel free to comment on it. 

Main, Long Live the King?

Spoiler

Name: Cedric "Cid" Carlyle

Appearance

Spoiler

2N3D6pZ.jpg?1

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 170 lbs

Personality

Spoiler

Cid is a bit of a slob and is quite rude and abrasive at times. He doesn't really care much for manners or appearances beyond the bare minimum. This is in large part due to not wanting to do more than he has to. He seems stuck on "just getting by" though those who are observant would also notice that he still has a bit of fire to him. It's hard to truly work him up, he often responds to confrontations with a bored, sarcastic, response, but he has been known on occasion to 'explode' in anger. Indicating that he has anger issues roiling deep inside of him and great frustration at the world in general.

He has a big problem with being told what to do and at times goes out of his way to go against the wishes of those in charge. This led him to not being able to keep a job for long, among other reasons, and he's very much a drifter in attitude even if he stays in the same place physically. It's hard to get him to focus on one thing and he is often bothered at the stagnant way his life is going. Though he also can't quite work up the motivation to do much about it.

Biography

Spoiler

Cid comes from an old family. They have more than most but wouldn't be counted among the "elite class". At least not anymore. A couple generations back the Carlyles were rich and powerful but now they have to "settle" for their position above the average. Though Cid's parents are often, desperately at times it seems, trying to change this. One way they tried to get their family back into their old glory was by using Cid's talent for Duel Monsters. He took the junior leagues by storm as soon as he was old enough to join tournaments and made a name of himself incredibly quickly.

However he hated what he felt like being used for his parents gain and, despite enjoying the game, the moment he was able to break away from his family, at 19, he sold off his cards and moved out. Earning the ire of his parents, though they often tried to get him to come back and duel for the family's name, and forcing him into a world he really wasn't suited for.

Cid had many jobs but they never lasted long. He would slack and get fed up with them after not too long. Multiple times he discovered something about his employer that angered him and he either confronted them or just up and left.

He was 21 when he learned that his sister, at the time 5, was being mistreated. The girl was kept in the house at all times and forced to study a multitude of things to try and find in her a similar "genius" as Cid had for dueling. This was the first time he confronted his parents since leaving and it ended rather violently. In the end Cid convinced his parents, who didn't really want to raise another child anyway and thought his sister was "useless", to let him take care of the girl.

Several months passed by and Cid tried to keep a stable job to give his sister a decent life but that responsibility proved too much for him. Despairing he tried to figure out what he could do. Just when he thought he'd have to crawl back to his parents he realized something he could do to earn money. And so at around 22 years old Cid Carlyle took up professional dueling again.

Deck

Spoiler

Uses Frogs. Pure Frogs in fact. If he had to name a "ace" it would be Toadally Awesome. But, really, the true ace is Unifrog

Misc

Spoiler

Theme

-Sister's name is Heather
-Cid hates his full name, thinks it sounds too snobby, and refuses to acknowledge it
-He used to play Monarchs. He has no idea what happened to the person he sold his deck to
-His current deck he picked after taking Heather to the card shop and asking her to pick out her favorite card; which was Unifrog

Side, Light From the Dark

Spoiler

Name: Gabby Conners

Appearance

Spoiler

6euTxUu.jpg?1

Height: 5'2"

Biography

Spoiler

Once upon a time there was a princess. No, that's not it. Let's try this again.

Once upon a time there was a young girl who dreamed of being a princess. Who came from less than nothing and barely managed to find a small glimmer of hope. Sure, she had to pretend to be someone else to do that, but that act was what ultimately made her into what she was today. Over time the act became less of an act and, though she threw away some of the more extreme parts of it, she emerged from it changed. Not into what she thought she wanted to be but instead what she truly needed to be.

Long story short Gabby had a rather unique school life and now she's long past that. She practiced hard and finally managed to get a foothold into the pro scene. There was a brief hiccup where childhood mistakes, and cheating accusations, came to light but she paid her price and continued fighting to show that wasn't her anymore.

She set up a place for her mother to live safely and happily far, far, away from her father. Who she cut ties with after an epic confrontation that maybe she'll tell you about some day.

From then on Gabby dedicated herself to being someone others could look up to.

Personality

Spoiler

Gabby is a cool and collected woman...most of the time. Some things you don't fully grow out of and Gabby sometimes has a flair for the dramatic. She enjoys occasional bombastic displays and is proud to show the world that she's strong, she's here, and she's not going anywhere that she doesn't want to go.

Despite her confidence Gabby is surprisingly easy to fluster. Compliments and affection can turn her red in an instant. Even with this she herself loves to give both of these things to others. She enjoys lifting people up and her greatest joy in life is making others feel good about themselves or simply making people smile.

However she is serious about her dueling. She has some level of flair but she doesn't go all out like some people she may be acquainted with. When she puts her mind to it seriously she can be incredibly analytical. Sometimes focusing so intently that she has occasionally unnerved her opponents before even making a move.

Also something of a neat freak she enjoys cleaning and making sure everything is in its place. Most comfortable when things are tidy. As well as that Gabby is rather frugal, spending only when necessary, and gives a lot of her earnings to charities. Seemingly not comfortable with displays of wealth.

Deck

Spoiler

Wights, shocker right? She's very fond of these cards; which seem to be quite old.

Misc

Spoiler

Theme
To: ___

-Doesn't like to gamble but isn't against others doing it in moderation
-Yes

One More Time

Spoiler

julian.jpg

"This is what Camellia looks like these days? Hm. Not bad."

Name: Julian Miles

Appearance:

Spoiler

original_drawn_by_cluseller__cd6dd611773

Height: 5'8"

Personality:

Spoiler

Even in his old age, a lot of the traits Julian was known for in his youth are still there, albeit watered down. He's highly competitive, loving the thrill of being put to the test by others and figuring out the best way to win. While he used to focus entirely on winning, he's learned over the years that sometimes it's just impossible, and it's better to savor the experience as a whole. Generally the type to think before he speaks or acts, when Julian does something, there's a reason for it. The exception is charity.

Julian is a giver. Be it giving his all or giving to others, he simply enjoys giving. He's always been a social sort and a bit of a partygoer - though his definition of "party" has certainly changed quite a lot with time - and forming social connections makes it easier for him to be generous with others, and vice versa. The only types of people he tends to shy away from are the media, since he was never in it for the fame.

Biography:

Spoiler

Although the Blue Rose Tournament might have forgotten him by now, Julian certainly hasn't forgotten it.

In his youth, Julian was a prodigy duelist. The game came naturally to him, and the thrill of competition drove him to make professional dueling his life. In his prime, he was a constant presence in the pro dueling scene, always blasting through any obstacle between him and the Blue Rose Tournament. Alas, although he always placed well in the tournament, Julian never won the whole thing, no matter how many times he joined. As the times changed though, the game started to change with it, and Julian gradually disappeared from the Blue Rose's list of regulars. Before long, he was gone from the pro dueling scene entirely. His time had passed, and he retired to a simple life.

Once dueling no longer had a home for him, Julian looked into a new life goal to pursue. He eventually settled down and decided to try writing a book, but it was generally considered to be pretty bad, so the only people interested in buying it were hardcore fans of his glory days. Once his literary pursuits fell through, Julian simply invested wisely with the tournament money still left and what little royalties he got from the book, mostly in wineries. By now into his thirties and able to basically live as he desired so long as he didn't spend excessively, Julian lived a pretty normal adult life as his name in the dueling scene became more and more obscure, and eventually all but forgotten.

He met a lady, got married, had kids and eventually grandkids, and overall lived a quiet family life. Things were nice. Until about four months ago, during a semi-annual checkup at the doctor's office. The short version is, as of the checkup, Julian had about a year left to live. It made perfect sense; he was getting old, and genetically, he was getting to around the age where his family started passing on. There wasn't really much else he wanted to do with life either, so he wasn't afraid or anything like that. He was ready to go.

Or, so he thought. As it turns out, there is ONE thing he wants to do before his time comes.

The annual talks about the Blue Rose Tournament were making the rounds, though Julian didn't catch wind of it until his eldest granddaughter brought it to his attention. The one thing that had always eluded him was the grand prize in that tournament. Having been out of the dueling scene for nearly fifty years, with a deck that surely hasn't aged well, Julian expects more than ever that he wouldn't win the tournament if he was given one last shot, but the thought that this would be his last chance to even try re-ignited that old desire to take home the gold.

The name Julian Miles appeared on a tournament register for the first time in decades shortly after his checkup, and the former pro fought through the new generation to make his way into the Blue Rose Tournament for the last time. Once more, he got on a boat bound for Camellia, ready to put himself to the test.

Deck - Psychic:

Spoiler

A relic of a past era of dueling, much like Julian himself, built around the Psychic type. When the type was first released, it featured monsters and spells that had potent effects at the cost of paying LP, while the trap cards and synchro monsters were able to heal back the costs. Later, a new approach was taken with the type, with an emphasis on playing around the banish zone to fill the field and perform numerous synchro summons. Julian's deck features a combination of both of these waves of classic Psychic cards, with the ace card of the lot being Overmind Archfiend.

One Kami-tted Girl (side character)

Spoiler

yasu.jpg

"Make no mistake. I will win. Maybe not today, but someday."

Name: Yasu Sakurazaki

Appearance:

Spoiler

original_drawn_by_zoozak__60678bd4ff6697

Height: 5'2"

Personality:

Spoiler

While there are certainly traits in which Yasu is lacking, conviction is not one of them. She's someone who very much is set in her own ways, and on top of being about as stubborn as a brick wall, this makes it very hard to get her to change her mind once she's settled on a course of action. If forcing a solution doesn't work, she has no problem waiting it out either, then slamming her head against the problem some more once circumstances have changed. So resilient is she, that she often speaks about her goals as if they're certainties, rather than hopes. They may not happen right away, but with enough time and effort, they will happen.

Biography:

Spoiler

"You don't need that game. Your life is right here."

That has been a recurring phrase in Yasu's life, and a common point of contention between her and her family. For about as long as anyone can track, the Sakurazaki family has presided over one of the better Shinto shrines in Persica, and Yasu's lot in life was to one day take up the mantle of shrine maiden, the same as her mother, her mother before her, and so on. Alas, Yasu had other plans in mind, and being every bit as stubborn as her mother, Yasu's family life is one with a constant stalemate of ideologies. However, there was one point on which even they could agree. It was time for change.

Simply put, the shrine was old, and had weathered many a storm, robber, and more. The maintenance fees kept piling up, and both of them agreed that it would be better to just tear the whole thing down and build a new shrine in its place, with newer, better materials. Of course, costruction isn't cheap, and amassing enough money for a whole new shrine in donations alone might as well be a pipe dream. Sensing a chink in the armor of her mother's plans to have her live the drab life of a shrine maiden, Yasu pointed out the prize money for the Blue Rose tournament.

This wasn't just about the shrine, of course. By breaking into the pro scene and winning it big, Yasu hopes to use her victory as a solid argument that she would be a much better duelist than she ever would a shrine maiden. Although it was by the skin of her teeth, and mostly by stalling out her finals opponent in the qualifiers, Yasu managed to slip into the Blue Rose tournament on her first try.

Deck - Superheavy Samurai:

Spoiler

Superheavy Samurai are an archetype of primarily EARTH Machine monsters with generally low ATK stats, compensated for by high DEF values and the ability to attack while in defense position. This, combined with the effects of the monsters, gears the deck toward a highly defensive playstyle, with one particular restriction. Many of the archetype's better effects don't function if the player has any spell or trap cards in their graveyard, limiting the user to either play a deck made entirely of monster cards, or to forego some of the archetype's better members.

Easy Mode (side character)

Spoiler

arden.jpg

"Hmmmmm. I think... I'll just order takeout tonight. Maybe sushi."

Name: Arden Fitzroy

Appearance:

Spoiler

original_drawn_by_akakura__7cbc4181ba494

Height: 5'10"

Personality:

Spoiler

Despite her grim senses of aesthetics and humor, Arden is about as chill of a person as one may hope to meet. Ever in a state of cool-headed calm, always open to hang out and talk about nothing, and prone to simply lounging about in her spare time, Arden likes to live her life relaxed and slow. Even in the heat of a duel, she doesn't really get excited, delivering her plays and stupid one-liners alike with a laid-back (lack of) energy. Just because her lifestyle is slow, however, doesn't mean her brain is. Quite the contrary; she's so laid back because Arden's mind is incredibly difficult to challenge, and the result is her impression that she's effectively living life on easy mode, so there's really no reason to get worked up. If met with a great enough mental hurdle, then, and only then, will Arden's excitement shine through on a visible level.

Biography:

Spoiler

Although no real stranger to pro dueling, this is Arden's first time in the Blue Rose tournament. Second child of a major fishing company's owners, Arden has seldom wanted for anything for long. And it wasn't just in the heritage department where she hit the life lottery. An incredible mind, a loving, no-pressure family, and more than enough resources to pursue her life's dreams once she settled on a goal. Right out the gate, she had it made, and went on to live what she calls "an easy mode life." While she could and probably should have become something like an investigator or scientist, Arden never liked the stuffy vibes those jobs gave off. No, her interests lied in pro dueling.

It was one of the truest equalizers one could find in the world. Once the cards were drawn, it didn't matter who was richer, or smarter, or anything else. Either you outskilled your opponent or triumphed through sheer luck, or they did the same to you. That was it. That, and the adoring fans; being a successful pro duelist would make Arden a pretty popular girl, she imagined, which was just about the only way in which her life was ever lacking. Even this, however, is merely a hobby to her. She tried to take her duels super seriously once, and immediately and brutally lost every duel she walked into during that time, so she simply went into it with the same carefree attitude as always. This time, after mostly springing up in minor tournaments and at least trying to get into the Blue Rose when qualifiers came around, she's finally made it onto the greatest stage in the nation for the first time.

Deck - Zombie World:

Spoiler

A deck around which the focus is the field spell "Zombie World," which changes the types of all monsters on the field and in both players' Graveyards to Zombie. Arden's strategy is to turn the opposing monsters into Zombies, then use a myriad of cards such as Marionette Mite, Trap of the Imperial Tomb, and Red-Eyes Zombie Necro Dragon, to abuse the change in type. The greatest of these cards is Doomking Balerdroch, which is her ace monster.

Edited by yui

Main Character: Laid-Back Lass

Spoiler

XtahH9J.jpg
“Oh! Oh hey! No, yeah, I can talk, what’s up?”

Name: Yuliya Sekelsky

Appearance: 

Spoiler

AiGMv49.jpg

Yuliya is a bit tall at 5’10” (178cm) (weighing “none of your fucking business”), though a lifetime of bad posture means that she normally appears an inch or two shorter than that. Besides that, though, and despite the thousand other ways she avoids extra work, she does put some effort into her appearance. Her hair isn’t naturally blue, obviously, it’s dyed, and though she tries to downplay it, she does try to keep up with clothing trends. The hat, for example, might be going out of style soon, so it’ll probably get replaced.

Biography:

Spoiler

“This city’s basically my backyard, you know? I know it like I know the back of my- oh, what’s this?”

Yuliya’s spent most of her life in Camellia -- only really leaving when on a school field trip or some vacation with her parents -- but at the same time, she doesn’t really want to leave. It suits her, she thinks, the big city life mixed perfectly with the beautiful island life, in a way that she imagines most other lifestyles could not be. The most important is a sense of stability -- even for university, she never had to go more than a few miles from her house. 

It’s also led to her not doing much in her twenty-four, almost twenty-five years of being alive. She says she’s still in university, and technically that’s true, but there’s never been any sort of pressure to actually push forward and graduate, so she just collects the occasional credit here and there and drifts onwards.

This isn’t to say she’s completely average. She’s good at things -- a lot of things, even -- but never to any sort of degree beyond “hobbyist” and occasionally barely even that. There was one time in her late teens where she got particularly into model rockets, the kind you could launch off the beach into the setting sun, but that got dropped by the time school rolled back around. There was another time when you couldn’t talk to her without learning something about cameras or photography -- and she had a good eye for it if she did say so herself -- but that obsession disappeared after she took an intro course.

Duel Monsters is probably one of the things she’s enjoyed the most and definitely the thing she’s enjoyed for the longest time, and, consequently, the thing she’s probably best at. This wasn’t her first year of trying to spike her way through the qualifying rounds, but definitely (obviously?) her most successful, only able to be stopped at the finals. She continues on for the thrill of it, because she can, and really, who can stop her?

You know, besides the person she lost to.

Personality:

Spoiler

“I don’t really have a personal motto, but if I did, It’d probably be, ‘Don’t sweat the small stuff, and it’s all small stuff.’”

Yuliya’s the sort of person who knows a little about a lot of things, the sort of person you might want if you were getting a trivia team together. She enjoys the process of learning, too, that’s why she picks up and drops hobbies at the drop of a hat. It’s also something she’s eager to share, and she’s quick to interject with any sort of information that might be relevant to the conversation, and sometimes information that isn’t.

The stability of her upbringing has also afforded her a sort of naive kindness; Yuliya is friendly to everyone and assumes everyone will be her friend in turn. If someone seems hesitant to start, or even continue a conversation, she will happily and seemingly without notice to others’ discomfort pick up the slack. Larger crowds where she’s not the center of attention are a bit of a problem for her, but only because she ends up trying to talk over everyone else.

Her Duel Monsters playstyle is similar, treating each new duel like a conversation handed to her on a plate. Occasionally, it means she’ll get swept up and miss some lines, but she’s familiar with her deck enough that it happens less often than one might expect.

She does wonder if the way she’s living her life is correct, like, at her age shouldn’t she be experiencing some sort of wanderlust? Some sort of “wanting more-ness?” But until she figures that out (and she’s in no rush!), she’s just happy to be going day-to-day, each new sunrise a little bit different -- and hopefully better -- than the last.

Dueling Information:

Spoiler

Deck: Thunder Dragons, an archetype based around moving cards around, from hand to the graveyard to banished to play to the deck and back again, with enough LIGHT and DARK attributes to take advantage of some other synergies along the way. The titular monster, though perhaps underpowered compared to the rest of the cards, is still her favorite and she’s never upset to see it in her opening hand.

Custom Cards:
Thunder Dragon Thunderstormech (Blue Rose’d)
********* (9)
LIGHT
Thunder / Fusion / Effect
3 Thunder monsters
Must either be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned during the turn a Thunder monster's effect was activated in the hand, by banishing 2 Thunder monsters you control (in which case you do not use “Polymerization”). During your Main Phase: You can target 1 of your "Thunder Dragon" monsters that is banished or in your GY; apply that monster's effect that discards itself to activate, then place that monster on the top or bottom of your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Thunder Dragon Thunderstormech (Blue Rose’d)" once per turn. If a Thunder monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish 3 cards from your GY instead.
ATK: 2800 / DEF: 1400

Miscellaneous:

• Don’t call her “Julia” unless you’re absolutely certain you’re good enough friends to get away with it.
  • Good friends of Yuliya know not to call her “Julia” though, so really just don’t do it.
  • Seriously, that’s, like, her one pet peeve
  • Oh, she also doesn’t like her food touching other food. Two pet peeves, then.
  • Her favorite song to karaoke is Cage the Elephant’s “Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked” even though she doesn’t think of herself as very wicked at all.
  • Some other stuff too, surely

Side Character: Angel of the Night

Spoiler

lf4jFoz.jpg?1
“And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus.”

Name: Archangel Lailah
Appearance:

Spoiler

Sk7rOpp.jpg?1

Lailah is a bit shorter than people tend to expect; without her stage shoes or a particularly generous/dramatic camera angle, she’s only 5’5” (165 cm). The motorized wings that can open and close at the push of a button also lend some gravitas that adds an inch or two, though they’re weighty and cumbersome and she certainly doesn’t wear them when simply going out and about.

She does use the rest of the costume daily, though (she had several made -- it’s not like she just has the one) because it’s “her” just as much as everything else about her is. Sure, she could wear something normal, or even some other costume, and get away from all the attention, but then she wouldn’t really be Lailah, would she?

Not pictured is a crucifix necklace she always wears, whether in character or not.

Biography: 

Spoiler

“Does any one suppose that private prayer is necessarily candid -- necessarily goes to the roots of the action? Private prayer is inaudible speech, and speech is representative: who can represent herself just as she is, even in her own reflections?”

Nobody really knew about Lailah even up through her first year of high school, and that was by design; she was the wallflower-i-est of the wallflowers. What friends she did have at the time joked behind her back that she could probably disappear from an otherwise empty room even when you were looking right at her. Even when she found out about said joke, it wasn’t like she got angry with them or anything, it was something she accepted as a truth about herself, something as inviolable as her name or age or, yes, her social status.

Circumstances changed quickly, though, when she found herself rooming with an established and well-respected idol, who invited her to a new school club dedicated just to entertainment duels, separate from the school’s already established competitive duel team. She had dueled before, like, she knew how, but only with vague interest, a way to pass the time more than anything else. It turned out, the idea of being in costume, wholly transformed from who she was before, was the perfect opportunity to explore that interest in more detail. That was when she chose the name Lailah, the angel of the night who fought alongside Abraham to rescue his nephew Lot.

And then one thing started leading to another, as all things tend to do. Shows the entertainment team put on attracted audiences the size of which nobody was expecting, numbers buffeted by schoolyard drama that increased the team’s profile. Some of the members, such as her roommate, were already established personas and were always going to draw eyeballs, but some found the new blood’s ability to stand next to their peers despite clear misgivings attractive in its own right. By the time Lailah had graduated, she had become both a mentor to those beneath her and a draw in her own right, and she was able to parlay that into an actual career.

She was never anything groundbreaking, mostly travelling within Persica, though she did get a few opportunities overseas. These days, at thirty-three, she almost prefers that level of fame. It’s a stable job, she’s got a girlfriend who she loves, and it allows her to do outreach that is personal to her. She entered the Blue Rose tournament as a part of such an effort, trying to draw attention to “Angelic Sleep”, an organization she recently helped found dedicated to getting beds and shelter to as many people as possible.

Personality:

Spoiler

“Lord, grant me chastity and continence, but not yet!”

Would you believe that she used to be shy! Now she’s also immensely comfortable in the spotlight, immensely comfortable with fans coming up to her asking for whatever photos or autographs they might like. The reverse isn’t as true -- she’s not the sort of social butterfly who will start her own conversations -- but she’s certainly better than she was.

By a similar token, there’s only so much about herself that Lailah is willing to share. That is to say, people know that she’s just playing a character, and particularly devoted fans might even find out her real name, birthday, and even maybe where she went to school, but discussing such trivia with Lailah herself is impossible. “It would break the masquerade” she might say as a deflection, and nothing more.

She could do it forever. Entertaining, that is. And yet, she’s never been able to quiet that nostalgic voice in her head that wonders what could have been if things had gone slightly differently. It’s a small insecurity, probably more like a mid-life crisis than anything, but it’s definitely there.

Her dueling style before she became an entertainer was (for reasons other than flair and dramatic tension, obviously) already devil-may-care, and now that she is used to the stage, it’s only gotten even more reckless, more flashy, her life point total diminishing more from her own actions than anything her opponent is doing. She’s also a bit out of practice with regards to actual, not scripted duels, and maybe relies on a bit of her own fame to put the pressure on her opponents, but she was always at least decent when playing, so she can definitely punish other people’s mistakes.

Dueling Information:

Spoiler

Deck: Darklords. These cards tell the stories of fallen angels, which mechanically translates to large angel-shaped fairies moving quickly from hand or deck to graveyard to play. Her ace monster, as it always has been since she first played the deck, is Darklord Nasten.

Custom Cards:
Condemned Darklord (Blue Rose’d)
******* (7)
DARK
Fairy / Fusion / Effect
2 DARK Fairy Monsters
Must either be Fusion Summoned or Special Summoned by banishing 2 “Darklord” monsters you control (in which case you do not use “Polymerization”). If you Tribute Summon a Fairy monster that requires 2 Tributes to be Tribute Summoned, you can banish 2 monsters from your GY instead of Tributing 2 monsters. You can discard 1 card; take 1 "Darklord" monster from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or send it to the GY. You can only use this effect of “Condemned Darklord (Blue Rose’d)” once per turn. Once per turn, during your End Phase: Gain 500 LP for each Fairy monster you control.
ATK: 1600 / DEF: 2600

Miscellaneous:

• Personal Theme || Entrance Theme / Battle Theme
  • Lailah’s header quote is Genesis 14:15 (KJV), the quote in the Biography section is from Middlemarch by Mary Anne Evans, and the quote in the Personality section is attributed to Saint Augustine of Hippo.
  • “Isn’t she…?” I don’t know what you’re talking about

Edited by radio414

Restless Dreamer  

Spoiler

Name: Iris Somni 
Appearance

Spoiler

z2j5vlu.jpg

Height: 5'4" 

Biography:

Spoiler

Grew up in a rich family, though didn't exactly like the track in life they put her on. Uninterested in taking over her family's business, Iris was often bored in both home and school until she had discovered duel monsters. Becoming enamored with the game almost immediately, Iris took to playing more with the friends she met at school as well as trying to learn what she could about the game. Her parents, however, did not take kindly to this. Trying to stop their daughter from associating with what was, in their eyes, a pointless waste of time, Iris began a rebellious streak. Doing everything she could to continue pursuing this newfound passion of hers - among other "pointless" things - Iris began a bit of rebellious streak that never actually went away. 

Once high school had ended and it was time to go to college, Iris refused to go anywhere her parents had picked. And so, after a clash between the two parties, Iris ran away from home. Though she had funds to start off with from her past life, she was very soon cut off and left penniless, though through one part determination and one part spite she continued to work to achieve her dream. Through many trials and tribulations, Iris managed to get a stable enough living for herself, all while continuing to compete wherever she could, proving to be a remarkably skilled duelist. And once her life had stabilized the girl finally started to have free time enough to compete more and more, knowing that her end goal was the Blue Rose tournament and that it was now very much within reach. 

Personality:

Spoiler

Her elegant appearance is betrayed by her generally stubborn and sometimes childish behavior. A bit of a dreamer always willing to try new things and can sometimes be swept up in the momentum of a conversation or event as a result. Tries her best to be frugal, though, which leads to very conflicting feelings . Tends to be a "one hundred and ten percent" kind of person. Generally friendly and helpful but can also comes off as pushy. Doesn't like to be coddled or looked down on and gets huffy when mad. Very much enjoys being praised. Wears her heart on her sleeve and is generally easy to tell exactly what she's feeling at the moment. 

Deck: rikka + generic plants 
Misc. Information: 

And now for some news 

Deadline will be one week from now for all you folks interested in applying. I'll probably still work on and may post the IC before then 

Needless to say every app posted so far has been accepted. 

Edited by Skaia

On 3/4/2021 at 9:38 PM, JellisOP said:

Pretty ok with me. I'll bite.

Main Character: Sweet Scents, Petals, and OH GOD IS THAT A DRAGON

Hide contents

Name: Zoe Celia 

Appearance: 

Reveal hidden contents

Personality:

Hide contents

Zoe is a quiet, caring person with a large amount of maturity to her. She sits in the background and watches things unfold. She doesn't like interfering in other's affairs. However, those who do get close to her find she is incredibly loyal and is one to sacrifice everything for them. She likes her tight group of people, and doesn't let people in easily, although she always tries to put on a friendly face.

Deep down though, she is suppressing a feeling of uselessness. Everything she has done to help her mother, in her eyes, has done nothing to help her get better, and any progress she had made in making her healthy has only delayed something that she can't do anything about. Zoe is doing this for her mother, and if she fails, than she feels all her work would be for naught. But even still, she can't give up on her mother. She fights without mercy, because she cannot afford to lose.

Biography:

Hide contents

Zoe hasn’t had a lively life. She lived on the east coast with her mother, but it hasn’t been easy. Her mother was prone to illness due to a weakened immune system. Her father couldn’t support her, so he moved away to get a better paying job, leaving Iric home at 12 to take care of her mother. She grew up fast and learned to take care of her mother. She was getting better. The treatments had been effective in increasing her immune support. And then, Cancer.

She was so ill that she was put in the hospital. Zoe's plans of becoming a doctor were put on hold as she broke into her college fund to support her mother. She’d almost recovered, but without much money left, the treatments would stop, and she would be forced to take out a loan to pay for it. So Zoe did the one thing she always had done when she was low on funds. She entered a dueling tournament with the intention to get the money by any means necessary, whether that be by winning or getting enough donations to see her mother past her last treatment.

Deck:

Hide contents

Zoe plays an Aroma deck, focused on plants and gaining life points, then cashing them in. Her aces include Ancient Sacred Wyvern and the Winged Dragon of Ra and it’s support cards.

Custom Cards: 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Right so, I didn't notice this was here until recently but yeah. One thing I should probably clarify here is that the Blue Rose Tournament isn't some tournament, it's like the biggest one of the year in Persica. So she wouldn't have been able to enter this tournament and no other one throughout the year, and would've had to play and win to qualify. Including the qualifier tournament. Other than that you're alright. Also PM me how to contact you on discord because we have a discord. 

Also eyo RP started ey.