yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

Ok, technically this is Pokemon music, but it's not from a spinoff, so it should be okay. And it fits the Spoopy theme for the month.

On 10/7/2019 at 9:59 PM, VampireofDarkness said:

I just saw that you posted Blue Stahli, three cheers for reppin' Detroit! Very solid act, anyway here's some visual kei, probably the most influential act in that genre. I need to look into them more, but this is a fantastic start I'd reckon

8/10

On 10/7/2019 at 10:01 PM, LordCowCow said:

The first thing I'll think of with "Scary moments in games"

a.k.a. "things I should definitely give a listen to at quarter to 4 in the morning after reading and acknowledging your comment"

6/10, pretty good atmosphere but not much else.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:03 PM, radio414 said:

Weird stuff maybe to come, but first this:

Good stuff. Makes for nice listening while I do some background work on a few alien races people might stumble upon in my space RP. 7/10.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:41 PM, Mr Spaz said:

Ok, technically this is Pokemon music, but it's not from a spinoff, so it should be okay. And it fits the Spoopy theme for the month.

Without holding the incredibly tight hardware restrictions of the gameboy against this song, I'll give it an 8/10.

At the end of the month, I'm gonna quote every variation of Spooky Scary Skeletons I post in this thread and ask who did it best. Best be prepared.

On 10/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, radio414 said:

Don't think this one made it into the Eurobeat spree

It did not. 7/10

On 10/9/2019 at 8:16 PM, Mr Spaz said:

At the end of the month, I'm gonna quote every variation of Spooky Scary Skeletons I post in this thread and ask who did it best. Best be prepared.

skip, since I don't want to rate this clusterfuck

OP's suggestion. Relevant to the upcoming Halloween Masquerade? Not especially. But damn if it ain't fabulous.

Mettaton is my second-favorite boss fight in Undertale. 9/10.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, radio414 said:

see I bet christmas music doesn't get stuff like this. anyone who thinks it's the better holiday is only fooling themselves. 8/10

OP's suggestion. This time I did feel like shitposting.

8/10

I think Christmas gets as many slapping mashups as Halloween. I can think of at least two, at least (though they both involve Mariah Carey so maybe not)

EDIT: There is Christmas Eurobeat, but that's getting saved for Christmas, obviously

Edited by radio414

On 10/13/2019 at 1:07 AM, radio414 said:

I think Christmas gets as many slapping mashups as Halloween. I can think of at least two, at least (though they both involve Mariah Carey so maybe not)

EDIT: There is Christmas Eurobeat, but that's getting saved for Christmas, obviously

Hopefully by "christmas" you don't mean fucking "november"

4/10, pretty sure it's off-key. not one of neil's better works if you ask me.

On 10/13/2019 at 2:43 AM, Saikazo May Cry said:

I'm not even joking when I say this requires some real mastery of the recorder. All the mistakes sound pretty intentional. I'm going to unironically give this a 6/10.

6 hours ago, Tormented said:

5/10

OP's suggestion. I usually post songs I like, but today I felt like posting one I fucking hate.

fuck this song. 3/10.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:49 PM, radio414 said:

i promise you i at least mean after american thanksgiving

eh, close enough

7/10. Did not enjoy the intro, satisfying though it may have been for stuff to move from off-beat gradually into being in sync. A lot of it makes me think it could be a Buckethead solo tbh.

OP's suggestion. I was gonna post something different at first, but this song came up in a conversation while I was listening to Dissolver and it's got one of my favorite choruses of all time so imma rate this instead. Get your popcorn because it's a lengthy one.

8/10, but that chorus is an easy 10/10

9 hours ago, radio414 said:

I understand the December hardstop for Christmas, I really do. Black Friday's mine for what probably are similar reasons.

You have a real talent for posting weird shit that I like. 7/10

4 minutes ago, Saikazo May Cry said:

6/10

OP's suggestion. We're halfway into October and none of you fucks posted this song. What the HELL!?

8/10

14 hours ago, radio414 said:

the big brain play is to find weird stuff that i like and then suddenly wa pow (there's a little onomatopoeia for you) there's a new song suggestion

Something feels really disjointed about this. Like the instrumentals and the vocals don't belong on the same song. You know? Both are solid tracks though, so here's a 5/10. Can't say I'm lovin that gangsta shit.

12 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

And when the innocent little birdie turned the corner...

2Q.png

THERE WAS A FAT GUY DANCING POORLY!

Songs like this remind me I have very poor hearing in my right ear. Outstanding remastering work, though! I'm used to "remaster" just meaning "I did a shitty midiswap with some slightly less crap instruments than the game was restricted to" so this was quite a pleasant surprise. 8/10.

OP's suggestion. From the guy that brought you Actual Cannible Shia Labeouf...

I would advise listening to the whole album actually. Very wholesome stuff while still being good music. And incredibly catchy in this specific case! 8/10, after much debate with myself on if it deserves the 9 or not.

41 minutes ago, radio414 said:

it's called "ex why zee" and not "ex why zed" because boards of canada aren't even from canada smh

Damned bands and their false advertising. Nobody in Judas Priest is an ordained minister, nobody in Iron Maiden is made of metal nor are they maidens, The Killers have never murdered anyone, Rob Zombie is alive and well, and Grant Kirkhope completely forgot to grant Kirk any hope. smfh.

9/10