yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

Gonna go with another of my favorite artists, ClariS (if I had to give a top 5, mine are in no particular order probably: BRADIO, ClariS, Earth, Wind & Fire, nano, and Rick Astley). 

Whether it's Clara with Alice or Clara with Karen, I love how their voices come together in their music. Their songs are so upbeat and make me very happy (or in the case of some of the music they did for Madoka Magica, emotional). And how they've kept their identities secret (having live performances done while wearing masks or behind a screen as silhouettes, album art being of illustrated personas, etc.) is pretty cool. The fact they started in middle school is also super impressive. When Alice originally left the duo in 2014 I was very devastated, I was about 20 at the time but when I learned about it I felt like a teenage girl that just had their favorite boy band break up or something like that. Thankfully Karen formed a new duo with Clara later that year and they've still made very good music that gives the same ClariS feel.

Edited by Shradow

Dunno if you clicked on this one from my AMA, but you've got me in a Justice-submitting mood now so here's the most Justice-y thing. It is 17:40 (it's technically a four-song EP but it's all together on Spotify and their Youtube channel), so fair warning for that (and fair enough if you don't want to finish it).

On 7/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, Saikazo May Cry said:

I didn't see your bonus thing (although I really do love Jonathan Young). Honestly, I like too many of them, but this one, this one here, I need to know your thoughts.

Neil certainly is a guy that did things, and still does. Sometimes I wonder if he knows how big his impact on the internet back in the 2000s really was. 7/10

On 7/6/2019 at 12:51 AM, LordCowCow said:

This video is almost offensively late-90s/early-00s. 9/10

On 7/6/2019 at 8:32 AM, Mr Spaz said:

If there was a sci-fi Zelda game I'd expect Goron City's tune to sound something like this. 6/10

On 7/6/2019 at 7:51 PM, Shradow said:

Gonna go with another of my favorite artists, ClariS (if I had to give a top 5, mine are in no particular order probably: BRADIO, ClariS, Earth, Wind & Fire, nano, and Rick Astley). 

Whether it's Clara with Alice or Clara with Karen, I love how their voices come together in their music. Their songs are so upbeat and make me very happy (or in the case of some of the music they did for Madoka Magica, emotional). And how they've kept their identities secret (having live performances done while wearing masks or behind a screen as silhouettes, album art being of illustrated personas, etc.) is pretty cool. The fact they started in middle school is also super impressive. When Alice originally left the duo in 2014 I was very devastated, I was about 20 at the time but when I learned about it I felt like a teenage girl that just had their favorite boy band break up or something like that. Thankfully Karen formed a new duo with Clara later that year and they've still made very good music that gives the same ClariS feel.

iRPRXxe.gif

8/10

On 7/6/2019 at 10:25 PM, radio414 said:

Dunno if you clicked on this one from my AMA, but you've got me in a Justice-submitting mood now so here's the most Justice-y thing. It is 17:40 (it's technically a four-song EP but it's all together on Spotify and their Youtube channel), so fair warning for that (and fair enough if you don't want to finish it).

I'm a Dream Theater fan. 17 minutese is perfectly doable. And these are 17 minutes that I'll rate 8/10. Strong Carpenter Brut vibes.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:50 AM, A Crap Guide to CC said:

Syrufit - Another Vision

5/10

OP's suggestion. I think I've heard this song before.

I don't like how the song stops a couple times throughout the music video from a musical standpoint, but I'll admit the breaks are pretty funny. Won't be factoring the breaks in though since they obviously won't be there whenever the song gets released. 8/10

Can you also rate the video on this one?

I hadn't listened to any TWRP before this and I was only vaguely familiar with some of Danny's songs from Ninja Sex Party/Starbomb, but this showed up in the sidebar while I was watching Game Grumps and it caught my eye and I really liked it. Though this version is slightly cut down and seems to use a slightly different mix, but it really fits the video more which I assume is why they did it.

Edited by Shradow

Well, since PMD's getting ignored and I've pretty much run out of songs to post from Orre, I only have one spinoff left that I've played with a memorable soundtrack.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:13 AM, radio414 said:

Oh, is this rate Eurobeat hour?

zooka bazooka 6/10 not blown away but I know a neat song when I hear one

On 7/20/2019 at 2:45 AM, Shradow said:

Can you also rate the video on this one?

I hadn't listened to any TWRP before this and I was only vaguely familiar with some of Danny's songs from Ninja Sex Party/Starbomb, but this showed up in the sidebar while I was watching Game Grumps and it caught my eye and I really liked it. Though this version is slightly cut down and seems to use a slightly different mix, but it really fits the video more which I assume is why they did it.

8/10

On 7/20/2019 at 8:01 AM, Mr Spaz said:

Well, since PMD's getting ignored and I've pretty much run out of songs to post from Orre, I only have one spinoff left that I've played with a memorable soundtrack.

I've had enough of pokemon. Bring me something else besides pokemon spinoffs.

On 7/21/2019 at 5:36 AM, LordCowCow said:

It feels like it loses something important when going 8-bit. still gets a 7/10 tho

OP's suggestion. Akatsuki Records put out a new track!

9/10. You should also check out the video itself, at least during the chorus. The visuals are super-neat there, and even outside of the chorus it's just really nice.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:35 PM, radio414 said:

Last eurobeat unless I'm prompted for more, I promise.

Ah, rip. Was enjoying getting some eurobeat in here. 7/10

On 7/23/2019 at 12:09 AM, Kazooie said:

it's time for a classic, fucko

If I didn't already have a song in mind for my own contribution this post, I'd want to one-up you with the SM64 merry-go-round. Let's go with 6/10.

On 7/23/2019 at 2:17 PM, Mr Spaz said:

Something else it is. 

New goal, get a 0/10.

Very bold goal. Hopefully you reach it sooner rather than later because I can tell this is gonna guzzle down my patience. Despite the memes, this song did top the charts, and it wasn't for no reason. Even if it was just radio pop charts anyone can top. Studio-quality production can do wonders when carrying bad songs. Ludacris being shoehorned into it shaves off a whole point for me, landing at a final score of 3/10, which is higher than I initially thought I'd score it. Still not a bad start. I'll give Biebs credit where due though: At least he didn't do that lazy shit where the outro is just a half-assed fadeout of the chorus except we pitch shifted it to make the song seem less monotonous.

On 7/23/2019 at 4:53 PM, LordCowCow said:

People named Yui shouldn't be trusted behind the wheel. When I saw the thumbnail I hoped this was a very specific song from Lucky Star, and wouldn't you know my luck, it was! 8/10, nice find.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, jad2342 said:

Brian Hull (who is a voice impressionist) did a parody/remake of Toto's Africa to fit the theme of Lion King... I wanna see what you think

Impression is pretty on point, color me impressed. New lyrics don't flow quite as smoothly as the original though, so I'm gonna have to deduct points for that. 5/10.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:18 AM, Shradow said:

After the intro I immediately knew, it was Hayashi. 8/10, makes me want to uppercut some bird-faced asshole into the stratosphere.

OP's suggestion. Don't remember the train of thought that brought me here, but I do enjoy me some Marilyn Manson from time to time.

7/10

I guess that counts as prompting? I mean, I like eurobeat a lot, but too much can burn me out like squealing tires on asphalt. I can oblige for a bit longer, though.

22 hours ago, Shradow said:

Groovy instrumentals, a buttery smooth voice, and solid composition. How could I not give it a 9/10?

22 hours ago, radio414 said:

I guess that counts as prompting? I mean, I like eurobeat a lot, but too much can burn me out like squealing tires on asphalt. I can oblige for a bit longer, though.

Ayyy I know this one. Always thought it could do without the music box intro, but overall, Remilia and her theme are among my favorite Touhou characters and songs. 7/10, I like when songs do that thing where the lyrics are different on the final chorus, since it changes the flow of it a bit.

18 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Nintendo already copystruck it. Sorry.

17 hours ago, jad2342 said:

Back again with another Lion King song... this time, it's not a parody though. It's a full on cover from one of my favorite independent artists

Chaynce not much of a singer, but him and his pals sure can rap. Rather enjoyed the video, too. Would watch a full-length Lion King movie like this tbh. 6/10, he clearly enjoyed making it.

10 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

You're gonna have to dig a bit deeper than "this pop song is so bad because meme said so" if you want to earn this 0/10, because studio-quality production can do wonders for terrible songs. Even if it is so bad. You're getting warmer fast though. 1/10, even with the wonders of good studio production values.

OP's suggestion. We've talked about eurobeat a lot lately and I wasn't gonna post more but I saw this and simply couldn't not share.

Clattanoia is an outstanding OP to an impressively meh anime, and I've never heard a remix/cover of it I didn't like at least a little bit. Not gonna rate this one.

Well, let's just go really on the nose with this one

*Yes. I literally just searched "Worst song ever" on Youtube and gave you the first result. I did consider giving you something by "cash me ousside" girl, but I don't actually remember her name enough to search for those.

Edited by Mr Spaz

57 minutes ago, Mr Spaz said:

Well, let's just go really on the nose with this one

*Yes. I literally just searched "Worst song ever" on Youtube and gave you the first result. I did consider giving you something by "cash me ousside" girl, but I don't actually remember her name enough to search for those.

Was curious enough about what could have possibly been here that I opted to go right for it without waiting for any other posts. Did not disappoint. That's some 0/10-sounding content. Good job, Nathan.

This is my favorite of the Pursuit themes in Ace Attorney, I like how triumphant it is. It always gets me super pumped.