yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

Recap on the rules

1. One song at a time. Don't post a new one until I rate the last one you posted.
  2. Don't just post a link.
  3. I reserve the right to skip anything for any reason.

happy posting

Just now, Black said:

big video is big

OH GOD YOUTUBE VIDEOS ARE HUGE HERE!
7/10, seems like a forced combination

1 minute ago, Nathanael D. Striker said:

forrealz vidyas are big

2/10, what's pitch-shifting lmao

If you've read the manga for Yagate Kimi ni Naru/Bloom into You, I'd check out this one and watch its video too. The edits are made super amazingly honestly, and the creator even manually colored in a ton of the manga scans themselves: 

But if you haven't, I'd rather suggest this instead because the above link has some pretty big spoilers for the anime, and it definitely seems like a kind of series you'd love to watch/read. 

6 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

brains are in my head.
6/10 tbh

6 hours ago, Suzu said:

If you've read the manga for Yagate Kimi ni Naru/Bloom into You, I'd check out this one and watch its video too. The edits are made super amazingly honestly, and the creator even manually colored in a ton of the manga scans themselves: 

But if you haven't, I'd rather suggest this instead because the above link has some pretty big spoilers for the anime, and it definitely seems like a kind of series you'd love to watch/read. 

pick one. it's right there in the rules.

OP's suggestion, new site edition

9/10

I’m only asking for one, I just didn’t want to give a spoilery AMV, but felt the video still goes with the song well enough they should be viewed together, assuming you’re up to date on the manga so it wouldn’t spoil you. e.e

Edited by Suzu

2 minutes ago, Suzu said:

I’m only asking for one, I just didn’t want to give a spoilery AMV, but felt the video still goes with the song well enough they should be viewed together, assuming you’re up to date on the manga so it wouldn’t spoil you. e.e

If you need to pick one of the two based on "have you seen this?" it's better to just not pick that one.

6 hours ago, Suzu said:

5/10

On 1/7/2019 at 11:16 AM, The Frost King said:

To YCM 2.0

Did something happen that prompted Panic! At The Disco to start taking on a more pop-like sound? I remember their music sounding distinctly different than this.
6/10

Just gonna copy my last post from the YCM thread since I think I'm done there:

It's occurred to me that I don't think I've shared any ClariS music here, which is baffling since they're one of my all-time favorites alongside BRADIO, Earth, Wind & Fire, and nano.

This song comes with both sadness and happiness for me. It was the first song released by ClariS after Alice left (which fucking devastated me back in 2014, holy shit) and Karen joined the duo, but it let me know that ClariS wasn't gone. The song gives me the same kind of vibes as their prior works.

4 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

6/10

4 hours ago, Shradow said:

Just gonna copy my last post from the YCM thread since I think I'm done there:

It's occurred to me that I don't think I've shared any ClariS music here, which is baffling since they're one of my all-time favorites alongside BRADIO, Earth, Wind & Fire, and nano.

This song comes with both sadness and happiness for me. It was the first song released by ClariS after Alice left (which fucking devastated me back in 2014, holy shit) and Karen joined the duo, but it let me know that ClariS wasn't gone. The song gives me the same kind of vibes as their prior works.

7/10

Just now, Aix said:

4/10

By the same guy behind the Daytona USA music. I knew I recognized the singer when I first heard this.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:39 PM, The Frost King said:

8/10

On 1/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, Mr Spaz said:

This place autoplays playlists ? I learned that today. Please take care to link the individual videos from now on.

5/10

On 1/11/2019 at 3:02 AM, Shradow said:

By the same guy behind the Daytona USA music. I knew I recognized the singer when I first heard this.

7/10

On 1/11/2019 at 4:17 AM, Tormented said:

7/10

12 hours ago, Nathanael D. Striker said:

6/10

OP's suggestion. I forget if I posted this before, but it's my favorite Touhou remix circle so I'm doing it again anyway.

10/10

(The one I actually meant to use last post)

Edited by Mr Spaz

Bo Burnham stuff. He's a comedian, but still makes pretty catchy songs. Some of his other songs get pretty introspective/thought-provoking too.

2 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

(The one I actually meant to use last post)

mmmm, 5/10

4 minutes ago, Suzu said:

Bo Burnham stuff. He's a comedian, but still makes pretty catchy songs. Some of his other songs get pretty introspective/thought-provoking too.

Music comedians are the best of both worlds. If you're interested in music with comedic lyrics, I'd also suggest Psychostick, some of Voltaire's work, and to a lesser extent some works by Lagerstein and Alestorm.
7/10, tempting to bump it to 8 for that mic drop, but alas that's a video thing and not a song thing.

OP's suggestion, for mighty Talos! (skip to 1:09 if you aren't interested in the creation process)

6/10 tbh, really creative but nothing spectacular