yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

Using a different headset than I have since the start of this thread, and it sounds a bit different than the old one. Unsure if this will affect scores in any way, but you may want to take any of my comments comments about mixing with a grain of salt until further notice.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:56 AM, radio414 said:

Looking (listening?) into it a bit more, there is a volume difference between, say, the Youtube upload (on the label's (apparent) page, no less) and the Spotify version. Interesting. I wouldn't eliminate it being a mastering problem either, though I'm not an audio engineer. Anyway...

switching genres as promised. have something french.

¡HONHONHON OUI OUI LE MUSIQUE!

I love slap bass with a passion that makes me want to pick up bass for myself one day simply because of how good slap sounds, so I may be a bit biased when I say a bit more slap bass tricks throughout the song would have done wonders for it. 6/10

On 8/6/2019 at 11:15 AM, Mr Spaz said:

I was hoping this would get faster throughout the song and it did. Nice. Wish it was a bit longer though. 7/10

On 8/7/2019 at 10:32 AM, Shradow said:

wait, Persona 5 has other songs besides Last Surprise? 7/10

OP's suggestion. Pantheon's rework goes live on League of Legends today, so let's rate his theme!

9/10, a MAN's theme for the rework of a MAN!

On 8/14/2019 at 3:17 PM, radio414 said:

presented without comment

I'm glad I waited before saying "this isn't a song, 0/10". Not because I like the song mind you, I just don't like being wrong. 2/10.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:24 PM, Mr Spaz said:

7/10, I always wish this song is longer than 30 seconds whenever I hear it, because it's catchy and fun as fuck.

Back to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Their new album, Infest the Rat's Nest is a thrasher metal concept album about how global climate change is going to lead to us burning in hell.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I'm back with another cover this time a rock cover of a country song. This cover is special for a couple reasons, this cover dropped around the same time as All That Remains' HORRIBLE cover of this song plus it includes the infamous 4th verse which the original artist (Garth Brooks) has NEVER recorded, only performed live in concerts

On 8/19/2019 at 12:27 AM, radio414 said:

Back to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Their new album, Infest the Rat's Nest is a thrasher metal concept album about how global climate change is going to lead to us burning in hell.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Planet :b:

I don't mind watching the world burn. If not for a clearly different voice than Dave Mustaine's, you could probably convince me this was a Megadeth song tbh. And I really like Megadeth. 8/10.

21 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

Pretty sure it's a baby baboon? Might've missed something in the lyrics. 8/10.

55 minutes ago, jad2342 said:

I'm back with another cover this time a rock cover of a country song. This cover is special for a couple reasons, this cover dropped around the same time as All That Remains' HORRIBLE cover of this song plus it includes the infamous 4th verse which the original artist (Garth Brooks) has NEVER recorded, only performed live in concerts

The way you described this sounded so interesting that I just had to get to rating as soon as I got to my computer and saw your post. And Garth Brooks is a name I'm familiar with. He did that "I've got friends in low places" song right? 7/10, covers like this one are a great example of how just because a person doesn't like a song's style, that doesn't mean it's a bad song.

OP's suggestion. While we're posting covers of country songs, I may as well share a personal favorite. Maybe I posted this in an old thread? I dunno.

It's not every day I rate my own picks lower than a 7, and I'm pretty sure I've never given myself the lowest score in a post. First for everything though. 6/10, could actually do with a bit less guitar solo padding, though I understand why it's necessary from the perspective of why this cover was done. The album release would have done wise to have like two minutes less worth of solos.

To follow up with that, against my better judgment, here's the All That Remains cover, wondering if you share the same sentiment as me about this cover... also yes Garth Brooks is the singer of Friends In Low Places

1 hour ago, Mr Spaz said:

7/10

1 minute ago, jad2342 said:

To follow up with that, against my better judgment, here's the All That Remains cover, wondering if you share the same sentiment as me about this cover... also yes Garth Brooks is the singer of Friends In Low Places

Okay so I was pretty blown away by that intro then expected this to be a cover of the "it's metal so we're going to scream every single vocal bit even if it means lowering the quality of the product" but that wasn't the case either. Not really hearing the problem with it. 7/10.

3 hours ago, radio414 said:

the music video is also a banger so you get that too

Music:  6/10
Video: 4/10 if I'm being quite honest. Comes off to me as a lot of buildup that tries to be trippy followed immediately by an aftermath without a climax.

1 hour ago, Mr Spaz said:

A tardigrade is a microscopic extremophile capable of surviving in any conditions, rendering it virtually indestructible. 7/10.

Fun fact. This thread has the most replies in Misc. Really goes to show how much people care about someone else's opinion on their taste in music.

Well I mostly just like the sharing of the music itself, both from me to other people and seeing what others post. This thread is just about the only thing I actually do on this forum anymore, I've finally moved away after a combined 11 years at YCM/NCM.

Listening to this song gets my blood pumping. This and Apocalypsis Aquarius during their respective boss fights really add to the battles.

Edited by Shradow

On 8/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, LordCowCow said:

it's because as soon as you rate then people come back to post again

The abrupt transition from the intro to the rest of the song got a laugh out of me. Tempo is also perfect for very sassy walking. 8/10 overall.

On 8/20/2019 at 9:10 PM, Mr Spaz said:

One of the first internet memes, before even my time. 6/10.

On 8/20/2019 at 11:23 PM, radio414 said:

yeah, where else am I supposed to put all this music?

I alt-tabbed back into firefox to be greeted with a bunch of cartoon crocodiles running around. 7/10

On 8/25/2019 at 11:57 PM, Shradow said:

Well I mostly just like the sharing of the music itself, both from me to other people and seeing what others post. This thread is just about the only thing I actually do on this forum anymore, I've finally moved away after a combined 11 years at YCM/NCM.

Listening to this song gets my blood pumping. This and Apocalypsis Aquarius during their respective boss fights really add to the battles.

This is actually perfect music for me to listen to while I'm trying to justify using everyone's favorite batshit crazy wizard in FGO. 8/10

OP's suggestion. Guess who put out another new song a few days ago! Did you guess The Hu? Because that's correct.

8/10

On 8/27/2019 at 3:28 PM, radio414 said:

how do you feel about sea shanties

Not a fan of em tbh. Too repetitive. 3/10.

OP's suggestion. You'd think I of all people would be an avid Babymetal fan, but I've only been discovering this band very recently.

10/10

On 8/31/2019 at 2:58 AM, LordCowCow said:

No sea shanties you say? How about...

More of a Flogging Molly guy myself. 7/10

On 8/31/2019 at 9:56 AM, radio414 said:

listen, i like this song and all, but i'm mostly submitting this because of the group name.

Takes a bit to get going and drags on a bit at the end. But still pretty nice, especially for some easy listening. 8/10

On 8/31/2019 at 10:45 AM, Mr Spaz said:

Sorry sir, but we only rate music in this thread.