yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

Hot Take: I know Running in the 90's is, like, memes (and I understand why it is, too) but I've never found it to be more than a middle-of-the-road (pun intended) eurobeat song. This mix is better than the original, though.

Anyway, I'm still burned out on recommending more eurobeat, so completely unrelated:

On 9/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, radio414 said:

Hot Take: I know Running in the 90's is, like, memes (and I understand why it is, too) but I've never found it to be more than a middle-of-the-road (pun intended) eurobeat song. This mix is better than the original, though.

Anyway, I'm still burned out on recommending more eurobeat, so completely unrelated:

a.k.a. "a 3-minute intro". 5/10, good, but should have been about half the length it actually is.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:22 PM, Mr Spaz said:

Well, I have a new thing to put in every post. 

Aight I'll admit, the build a wall bit caught me by surprise. 5/10.

OP's suggestion.

6/10, but boy do I like it more than that.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:03 PM, radio414 said:

Hmmmmm... 7/10.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:33 PM, LordCowCow said:

idk if I ever actually got your opinion on...

This sounds familiar at least. 5/10.

On 9/21/2019 at 9:36 PM, Mr Spaz said:

I'm not going to rate entire youtube channels anymore. For this one imma go with 6/10.

OP's suggestion, since much to my surprise nobody's posted it yet.

7/10

On 9/23/2019 at 9:48 PM, radio414 said:

I don't know what it is about ambient-adjacent electronic producers and names one might feel uncomfortable mentioning to strangers but I guess that's just a thing.

Chiptune names are also interesting, albeit for different reasons. 5/10

On 9/23/2019 at 10:17 PM, Mr Spaz said:

Fine. One more from this channel. And it isn't Donald Trump.

3/10

OP's suggestion. How to make a bassist suffer in one easy step.

8/10

I am officially out of music. This is my swan song to this thread until I find songs again.

10 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

I am officially out of music. This is my swan song to this thread until I find songs again.

not music

9 hours ago, radio414 said:

7/10

5 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

8/10. I had gripes with the mixing at first because the instruments aren't dialed back enough to where it's easy to hear Caleb over them, and I'm pretty sure he was peaking through a lot of that, but I'm not sure if that second one is actually true or if it's just my headphones.

OP's suggestion. I'll give points to anyone who can tell me why this chorus sounds so familiar.

8/10

Yui, I can't pinpoint the exact song, but that Gladiator hook sounds familiar to me to, OMG it is going to kill me. It is kind of played out for me tbh, then again I am sure I listen to a lot more Symphonic/Gothic Metal than most people. Anyway, here's some glossy but sinister Darkwave, have fun!

Oh wow this thread got pinned ? I'm like famous now.

On 9/26/2019 at 12:47 AM, radio414 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Anyway:

Quite interesting. 8/10!

On 9/26/2019 at 9:14 PM, VampireofDarkness said:

Yui, I can't pinpoint the exact song, but that Gladiator hook sounds familiar to me to, OMG it is going to kill me. It is kind of played out for me tbh, then again I am sure I listen to a lot more Symphonic/Gothic Metal than most people. Anyway, here's some glossy but sinister Darkwave, have fun!

I can pinpoint it.

I'm sorry but for the first 30 seconds or so I can't not think about Take On Me. 7/10, good shit.

OP's suggestion. I finished the first major arc of Fate/Grand Order earlier tonight, so let's rate my favorite song from the game's soundtrack.

9/10

I was not expecting THAT to be what I recalled out of Gladiator....... Anyway, yeah, I did feel the same when I first heard it, but that sort of Sisters of Mercy drum sound is something I associate way too much with this genre to immediately think of otherwise one of my favorite songs of all time.

Anyway, speaking of the Sisters of Mercy and how they have practically influenced every band I mentioned in my reply to your post on my AMA

Edited by VampireofDarkness

Thread got unpinned.

Z7HeRxU.png

On 9/28/2019 at 12:51 AM, radio414 said:

remember me when ur famous

Still in an Electro-Swing mood, here's this:

inb4 not as good as Ram Jam 5/10

I hate how close you were.

not as good as Ram Jam 7/10

On 9/28/2019 at 9:25 PM, VampireofDarkness said:

I was not expecting THAT to be what I recalled out of Gladiator....... Anyway, yeah, I did feel the same when I first heard it, but that sort of Sisters of Mercy drum sound is something I associate way too much with this genre to immediately think of otherwise one of my favorite songs of all time.

Anyway, speaking of the Sisters of Mercy and how they have practically influenced every band I mentioned in my reply to your post on my AMA

hmmm... 8/10

On 9/30/2019 at 8:50 PM, radio414 said:

i can't believe fat white family made a song just for quentin tarantino.

6/10

6 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Once simply wasn't enough. And I'd say that's enough to justify a 9/10.

4 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

October 1. SPOOPY TIME

Now to fade back into obscurity

Starting off spooktober with a classic I see. A classic that gets a 7/10. Could have done without the minute and a half non-intro though.