yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

On 12/3/2019 at 3:55 PM, radio414 said:

Did somebody say CHRISTMAS MUSIC?

Wait this is actually put together pretty well. 7/10

On 12/3/2019 at 5:29 PM, Mr Spaz said:

So, for my Anthropology class, we have to do a presentation on any topic within the field of anthropology (which is a lot). I'm doing mine on the history of memes (because why the fuck would I not?), which led me to this old song.

I want to see this presentation. Didn't recognize the title, but immediately knew what song this was as soon as the audio kicked in. Talk about a blast from the past. 7/10

On 12/5/2019 at 10:07 PM, Saikazo said:

You rat bastard I was going to post this. 9/10

OP's suggestion. Since SOMEBODY took my initial suggestion and posted it already, let's do something else. With a name like this, I simply had to check this song out.

8/10

On 12/7/2019 at 3:32 AM, LordCowCow said:

5/10

On 12/7/2019 at 3:32 AM, radio414 said:

6/10

On 12/11/2019 at 6:05 PM, Saikazo said:

4/10

OP's suggestion. The HU has returned to our humble thread, and it looks like they brought a friend this time!

Anything less than a 10/10 would be a lie

On 12/14/2019 at 10:37 PM, radio414 said:

7/10

On 12/14/2019 at 10:56 PM, LordCowCow said:

6/10

OP's suggestion. Y'all want indian folk metal? Sure you do!

don't feel like rating. just listen to it.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:52 PM, radio414 said:

what about chinese metal (some variant of black/death idk genres) about the nanking massacre?

You can put any ethnicity in front of the word "metal" and it'll sound promising. Damn straight I wanna listen to some Chinese metal about the Nanking Massacre. Not much of a subgenre expert myself, but I think it may be black metal? The drums aren't just nonstop blast beats so I don't think it's death metal. Anyway, I rate 7/10.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:59 PM, LordCowCow said:

i'm not gonna stop

unknown.png

Nice and wholesome. 7/10

OP's suggestion. A new 100% Orange Juice DLC dropped today, and one of the new character's themes sounds way too good to be royalty-free music.

8/10, pretty sure the strings are peaking a bit too hard, but can't tell for sure.

1 hour ago, radio414 said:

Damn he must be a weak dude if the breeze kills him. Made of paper or something. 5/10

OP's suggestion. I don't normally post again after only a single post, but this music video's shown up in my recommended a bit lately so I wanted to see what's going on. Makes me think of the kind of stuff I'd see on VH1 or MTV before school in the morning. Enjoy.

9/10

On 12/21/2019 at 10:08 PM, LordCowCow said:

7/10

On 12/21/2019 at 11:17 PM, radio414 said:

(to be listened to on 12/23)

I waited like you said. Why do I get a vague VeggieTales vibe from this? 8/10.

10 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

That falsetto voice is unironically glorious. 9/10

OP's suggestion. I guess Christmas came a bit early in Japan, because while I was asleep last night, Akatsuki Records dropped not one, but two new tracks.

10/10. Sign me the fuck up.

9/10

Because it's recommended by me? Because of its emphasis on vocals (Paul and Storm were originally part of an a capella group)? Because it's tangentially related to Christmas? Who can say?

This was the other Melissa/Gabby dance song option

On 12/23/2019 at 4:45 AM, LordCowCow said:

the song combined with the dancing had me dying so here ya go

Hmmmmm... 5/10

On 12/23/2019 at 5:10 AM, radio414 said:

Because it's recommended by me? Because of its emphasis on vocals (Paul and Storm were originally part of an a capella group)? Because it's tangentially related to Christmas? Who can say?

This was the other Melissa/Gabby dance song option

The first thing I thought of on seeing that title was "heaven is just a lie sold by big god to get your hard-earned faith." Anyway, 4/10.

OP's suggestion. Remember that time Christopher Lee released a concept album for a metal band?

7/10.

EDIT: Scrap the previous song (Pokemon Sword/Shield Gym Leader Theme). BLR released a new one.

Edited by Mr Spaz

On 12/26/2019 at 2:50 PM, Mr Spaz said:

EDIT: Scrap the previous song (Pokemon Sword/Shield Gym Leader Theme). BLR released a new one.

Sometimes, the perfect sequel truly does exist. The way it builds on the chorus every time is nice. I've listened to this several times before you switched to it, and was actually gonna post it myself here but now it seems I don't have to. I feel inclined to give this a 10/10.

On 12/26/2019 at 11:13 PM, radio414 said:

7/10

14 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

I've been listening to this a lot so here

8/10, pretty cool.

OP's suggestion. How about a Jonathan Young cover of a Disney villain song that was ultimately scrapped from its movie? Damn shame too since this is right up there as one of my favorite Disney villain songs.

As Jonathan usually does, he makes every villain song he touches even better. 10/10