yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

1 hour ago, Mr Spaz said:

Wait, did I just get skipped?

It would appear so. Whoops. If memory serves I was pretty out of it all Tuesday so that's a solid mb.

8/10, wouldn't sound out of place in a Kirby game.

On 4/14/2019 at 2:15 PM, Mr Spaz said:

This, by contrast, sounds like it jumped straight out of a Paper Mario game. 7/10

So there's actually an official F-Zero jazz album from the early 90's and it's amazing. I adore Marc Russo on the sax.

Edited by Shradow

On 4/24/2019 at 11:31 AM, Shradow said:

So there's actually an official F-Zero jazz album from the early 90's and it's amazing. I adore Marc Russo on the sax.

F-Zero fuck yeah!
7/10

On 4/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, Mr Spaz said:

5/10, doesn't sound very crisis-y

OP's suggestion. That moment when the best song in the game isn't even in the game.

9/10

Used as the theme song for Nagano Makoto in SASUKE/Ninja Warrior. What a legend.

Edited by Shradow

6 hours ago, Shradow said:

Used as the theme song for Nagano Makoto in SASUKE/Ninja Warrior. What a legend.

6/10

OP's suggestion. Get this man some water.

(the part you're looking for is at 4:25)

Rap God was already a pretty solid song, but I live and die for metal in the music world. And doing scream vocals at those speeds is nutty. 9/10 for the song, but 11/10 for the effort put into it. You can just feel it that they went all-in with this cover.

My favorite Eminem song, though it's not like I listen to a lot of rap so my song choice in that genre is quite limited.

I particularly like the middle part of the song a lot, where he's talking about what it takes to make music and how one should seize the moment but also be aware of when that moment is over and accept it.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:45 AM, Shradow said:

My favorite Eminem song, though it's not like I listen to a lot of rap so my song choice in that genre is quite limited.

I particularly like the middle part of the song a lot, where he's talking about what it takes to make music and how one should seize the moment but also be aware of when that moment is over and accept it.

7/10

On 5/3/2019 at 7:21 PM, Mr Spaz said:

8/10

OP's suggestion. I've started watching Asobi Asobase lately (it's pretty neat, though not as good as the hype surrounding it made it sound), and the ED threw me way off.

8/10

Edited by Yui

On 5/5/2019 at 9:11 PM, LordCowCow said:

Found this a bit earlier and listened to it 3 times so far.

GameChops is a discount OCRemix. Change my mind.

5/10

On 5/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, Shradow said:

/10

OP's suggestion. This is like the fourth time I've posted Daughter of the Sea, but it's my favorite cover of my favorite video game song.

10/10

OP's suggestion 2 because I simply don't want to wait to share this one.

I've been getting back into Voltaire, and this played while I was playing some League of Legends. I had to do a double take when I heard the music for a bit like "I'm still on Voltaire, right?" then go back to listen to it more closely when I was done gaming. This is definitely not the type of thing he does ever, but he nailed it. 10/10

I'm not familiar with Aurelio Voltaire (at least, I don't think so, but the part that kicked in at 0:43 sounded really familiar), but that's a really solid song. Also, I like that album art because it almost looks like he's got Kamina shades on. 8/10

So I got into Dragalia Lost a few weeks ago because of the FEH collab (and ironically enough it helped me finally drop FEH since that game's sort of been going slowly downhill for awhile), and I love the soundtrack, which seems to generally be considered one of the game's strong points. This is the fight theme for one of the raid bosses and I really like it.

Also, I dunno if it's on accident or if there's something I'm missing but you didn't seem to actually give my past submission a rating, it's just /10.

8 hours ago, Shradow said:

I'm not familiar with Aurelio Voltaire (at least, I don't think so, but the part that kicked in at 0:43 sounded really familiar), but that's a really solid song. Also, I like that album art because it almost looks like he's got Kamina shades on. 8/10

So I got into Dragalia Lost a few weeks ago because of the FEH collab (and ironically enough it helped me finally drop FEH since that game's sort of been going slowly downhill for awhile), and I love the soundtrack, which seems to generally be considered one of the game's strong points. This is the fight theme for one of the raid bosses and I really like it.

Also, I dunno if it's on accident or if there's something I'm missing but you didn't seem to actually give my past submission a rating, it's just /10.

That was an accident. I usually write "x/10" on submissions if I know what to post myself before I'm done rating everything else, then swap it out for a number after listening. Must've skipped half that step somehow when I was playing Smash Bros. It was a 7/10.

This one's also a 7/10.

4 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

6/10

OP's suggestion. Let's post a more standard-sounding Voltaire song to follow up on Sellout with.

8/10

This is a short one, but the new SamSho looks sick and has some sick trailer music:

On 5/16/2019 at 5:44 PM, Shradow said:

This is a short one, but the new SamSho looks sick and has some sick trailer music:

Started strong but fell off real fast after that. 4/10

OP's suggestion. Touhou isn't an anime, but it does get fan PVs that are like anime OPs fairly often, and it even wound up with a full-on fan anime at one point. This is the OP for the latter.

Song: 10/10
Video: 8/10

Edited by Yui

56 minutes ago, radio414 said:

New King Gizz, only two/three days old at this point.

video's pretty faithful to the song name. 8/10 music.

I only recently checked out The Promised Neverland's anime so until now I didn't know UVERworld did the OP, I love their music.

Edited by Shradow

22 hours ago, cr47t said:

I rather like Nitro's work, but the slow ZUNpets/synths so don't mesh well with the faster heavy guitars and drums. And then it picks up in pace to match, but that doesn't quite feel right either. Some AU fanatic must have tied him down and forced him to do this. The remix also would have been better off without Megalovania if you ask me, but it probably has something to do with the plot of the AU and Undertale AUs are an entirely different rant that I'll spare you since you didn't come here to read an essay.

4/10. Sorry Nitro, but this isn't your finest work.

19 minutes ago, Shradow said:

I only recently checked out The Promised Neverland's anime so until now I didn't know UVERworld did the OP, I love their music.

?

9/10

OP's suggestion. Between Self-Immolate and Touch Off, it's getting pretty hot in here, and I really need to cool off. Isn't there someone out there who can save me?

Anything less than an unironic 9/10 would be a lie. Them solos tho.

I often get a good laugh out of Pepsi Man stuff. And you're right, dem solos doe. 9/10

Bowser-related stuff always has such sick music. And MK8 has legit one of my favorite video game soundtracks ever.

Edited by Shradow