yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

On 1/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, LordCowCow said:

This is my current feel good song

Also I know you don't judge based on video but the video is very happy and you should watch it even if it doesn't effect the score

You're right, I don't judge based on videos. However, I do still rate videos in addition to the songs if people ask and I'm feeling up to it. I don't like doing it all that often because it means I can't do other things while I'm rating music, and the ability to multitask ise a big part of why I'm fine doing this thread to begin with. I think I'll rate this video too since you're so insistent.

Song: 7/10
Video: 4/10 if I'm being quite bluntly honest

On 1/21/2019 at 11:56 PM, Shradow said:

Time for another classic:

8/10

On 1/22/2019 at 1:15 PM, DragonSage said:

4/10

22 hours ago, The Frost King said:

Should I just go rate the entire DA Games channel?

5/10. It's done in very much the same style as Instruments of Cyanide which you also posted, but it doesn't suit it  imo. Feels forced into that style, I think. Also those high notes sounded awful.

OP's suggestion. Get some popcorn; it's a long one.

8/10. I'd give bonus points since the guy that wrote the song also did the Clone Hero chart for it himself (as well as charting the previous Soulless songs and everything else he makes for Guitar/Clone Hero), but that's unrelated to the song itself.

On 1/23/2019 at 5:14 PM, The Frost King said:

7/10

On 1/23/2019 at 5:31 PM, Shradow said:

9/10. impressive!

OP's suggestion. A wonderful track from a hidden gem of a game.

9/10

4 hours ago, Yui said:

OP's suggestion. A wonderful track from a hidden gem of a game.

9/10

The Wario games are always fun with fun music. 8/10

Had this Ultimate remix pointed out to me and it is really quite good:

Edited by Shradow

On 1/25/2019 at 10:33 PM, Shradow said:

The Wario games are always fun with fun music. 8/10

Had this Ultimate remix pointed out to me and it is really quite good:

They didn't have to go this hard. But they did anyway. 8/10

On 1/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, Hammsuke said:

Prolly my favorite artist rn.

7/10

On 1/30/2019 at 10:32 PM, Shradow said:

10 outta 10 game with a 10 outta 10 soundtrack (imo).

When your soundtrack composer's name is Bear, of course it's gonna be good. I'm extraordinarily conservative about ever putting anything above an 8/10, so the fact that I'm scoring this a 9/10 hopefully says a good bit.

On 1/31/2019 at 12:54 AM, Mr Spaz said:

Lifelight is super-overrated. Change my mind. Also for fuck's sake does nobody on youtube get what mixing is?

4/10.

On 1/31/2019 at 12:52 PM, cr47t said:

It's... it's literally a slowed-down version of ASGORE with a lower pitch. 0/10, I'll spare you the tirade on why this type of shit and nightcore aren't worth the effort of rating.

OP's suggestion, new personal anthem. (insert explicit lyrics warning here)

My rule of not factoring lyrics is the one thing stopping this song from being a 10/10. Because of that rule, I have to settle for 7/10

On 2/8/2019 at 10:39 PM, Shradow said:

This is my shit right here.

Epic-Sax-Guy-Meme-Gif.gif

You continue to have the consistently best taste in this thread besides myself. 10/10!

On 2/9/2019 at 10:22 PM, Mr Spaz said:

sinnoh ?
6/10

On 2/10/2019 at 6:42 AM, Saiku said:

I know there's at least one other version of this same song, and I prefer that one tbh. Still an easy 8/10 tho.

25 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

This certainly isn't what I expected. Which, given it's IOSYS, I should have expected. It's like a weird mix of stuff that's really really good, and some elements that are... questionable. Doesn't help much that I can't tell what it's meant to be a remix of. 6/10

OP's suggestion, also from IOSYS

10/10

Edited by Yui

Ok i hope I do better this time

Edited by cr47t
Added a comment before the video

On 2/13/2019 at 8:47 PM, Shradow said:

Now for a true gaming classic:

Never heard of it. 7/10 tbh, with some modern-day polishing up and new instruments this could be pretty damn good.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:50 AM, cr47t said:

Ok i hope I do better this time

People who try to post for high scores (anything past an 8) seldom get them in my experience. I'm hard to impress and don't seem to share much taste in music with the vast majority of this forum.

5/10

10 minutes ago, SnowBunny said:

Can't wait to get KH3

>& Skrillex
1VUauc8.gif

3/10, I was never all that nuts about Utada to begin with, but she'd be better off by magnitudes working alone is what I got from this. I'd say something like "such vocal talent being wasted like that can only be compared to the likes of Lady Gaga", but Gaga still puts out some pretty stellar songs, especially for the radio pop type of music she does.

OP's suggestion, this time it's a two-for-one deal for reasons. But they're both by the same band so I guess it's more of a band spotlight? ...should I do those? ?

I rated the original version of this song 7/10 once on the old site (thanks Mirei), but this is more my style. Not my favorite Nevermore song by any means, but still a solid 8/10. The reason this one's a two-parter though is because posting a cover of a song somebody posted in an old thread for my suggestion just didn't sit well with me when that was the intent. I just really like that Nevermore really made this their own and felt like sharing. So I will now proceed to rate my actual suggestion, which is also by Nevermore, and it's my favorite song by them and also the one that introduced me to them.

Did I post this on the old site? I feel like I might have. Oh well, new site who cares (and it's my thread anyway). 10/10, that chorus tho.

I really like Chelly's voice but I feel like some her songs have too much stuff going on to where it doesn't shine through, but this is a song where that isn't the case that I really like.

Edited by Shradow