yui

Yui Rates Music 3.0

On 2/19/2019 at 2:52 AM, Shradow said:

I really like Chelly's voice but I feel like some her songs have too much stuff going on to where it doesn't shine through, but this is a song where that isn't the case that I really like.

You rarely fail to impress. Have I ever told you that? 8/10, could have done with some "bigger" bits - especially near the end - to push it up to 9.

On 2/19/2019 at 6:40 AM, Darj said:

REDALiCE - ALiVE

6/10. Catchy, but would probably sound better if the vocals weren't shot up in pitch.

On 2/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, cr47t said:

Yo I recognize that artwork. Always wanted to use it for RP purposes someday. Look at that absolute unit.

8/10, makes me think of Shady Cicada's stuff.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:46 PM, Mr Spaz said:

Pretty sure I rated this on the old site, but oh well new site who dis. 9/10, I put this on every so often actually, but it ain't seagulls.

OP's suggestion, oh god I'm late to the party nobody told me the perfect girl got her full song released the other week

I can't rate this song even semi-objectively because my Saki bias is outright colossal, so I'm not gonna bother trying to pin a number on this one. Just listen to the song. Rate it yourselves if you so desire, even!

On 3/4/2019 at 1:00 PM, Shradow said:

Glad you enjoy it.

7/10

1 hour ago, LordCowCow said:

prepare yourself to be confused by the difference in vocals and music

13e.png

8/10

OP's suggestion. [HEAVY METAL STARTS AGAIN]

7/10. Quick special shoutout to IRS while we're here since he posted a Lordi song near the start of the thread back on YCM, which is how I got into what's gradually become one of my favorite bands. This track in particular makes me think of Ghost. (first time listening to this specific song)

I love the vocals that kick in about 1:20 in. Also, "Snake of the Festival" is a kickass name.

Edited by Shradow

On 3/10/2019 at 8:50 PM, VCR_CAT said:

*rolls up sleeves*

it's time for my final form

https://chiptuneswin.bandcamp.com/track/pizza-force

(yes I know, Bandcamp link. This song isn't on Youtube.)

BANDCAMP LINK REEEEEEEEEEEEE
PofARzW.gif

9/10

23 hours ago, Shradow said:

I love the vocals that kick in about 1:20 in. Also, "Snake of the Festival" is a kickass name.

7/10

10 hours ago, Mr Spaz said:

6/10, sounds more like an intro that lasts forever than a full song

OP's suggestion. Do you like PIkmin? Because I do (even though I never got very far in a Pikmin game).

10/10

Vanilla Mood's music is great (I played flute in concert band back in middle/high school and in general I just like those kind of instruments), though I'm sad that when I first got into them they seemed to have not been relevant for awhile.

Also, for future reference, do you rate SoundCloud links?

Edited by Shradow

On 3/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, Mr Spaz said:

And here I was starting to think you'd gone to PMD because you ran out of Colosseum/XD tracks. 6/10, not that impressive, and sounds like it was meant for an actual champion and the composer simply didn't get the memo that the final battle was against a bad guy.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:13 PM, Shradow said:

Vanilla Mood's music is great (I played flute in concert band back in middle/high school and in general I just like those kind of instruments), though I'm sad that when I first got into them they seemed to have not been relevant for awhile.

Also, for future reference, do you rate SoundCloud links?

I do rate Soundcloud links, but I'd rather not since I can rate youtube from within the thread itself.

7/10

On 3/15/2019 at 11:38 PM, VCR_CAT said:

5/10

On 3/17/2019 at 2:00 AM, Mr. Dr. Professor Striker said:

Press Start to bless the rains down in Africa

6/10

On 3/18/2019 at 2:36 PM, cr47t said:

5/10

OP's suggestion. Since Cadence of Hyrule was announced today, let's make this a two-parter.

10/10. That feeling when the first zone theme is more hype than nearly everything else in the soundtrack.

7/10, not my favorite rendition of the song, even if it's the first one, but a classic all the same.

Well this is the only one I have for the forseeable future, it used to be on YouTube but got taken down at one point: 

EDIT: Oh apparently this site can embed SoundCloud stuff too.

Edited by Shradow

Edited by cr47t
Found a song that isn't necessarily better, but is one I'd rather see rated than the previous one, still didn't get a response, was told in the past I shouldn't doublesong, so I replaced the song

On 3/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, Shradow said:

Well this is the only one I have for the forseeable future, it used to be on YouTube but got taken down at one point: 

EDIT: Oh apparently this site can embed SoundCloud stuff too.

Well, that's certainly a game-changer! Feel free to post Soundcloud links too I guess

6/10 tbph. Both songs are really good on their own, but the mashup feels like a case where the whole is less than the sum of its parts.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:33 AM, Mr Spaz said:

whenever you post Bad Lip Reading, I always know I'm in for a lyrical treat. But since I generally don't factor in lyrics, I have to leave this at 8/10.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:56 AM, cr47t said:

Was going strong until the Asriel leitmotif was just arbitrarily tossed in at the end there. It loses points for that. 7/10.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:51 PM, The Frost King said:

I don't know why, but for some reason I always think Rude Buster is a different song than it actually is even though I know the song I confuse it with has nothing to do with Deltarune. 7/10

OP's suggestion. This one's topical because NASA showed us the first-ever picture of a black hole today!

8/10

Been feeling down lately because I think i'll lose something that I don't think I will be able to fully replace so here's a song that reflects the mood

Edited by cr47t

On 4/11/2019 at 3:48 PM, cr47t said:

Been feeling down lately because I think i'll lose something that I don't think I will be able to fully replace so here's a song that reflects the mood

7/10

On 4/11/2019 at 4:37 PM, Shradow said:

8/10

On 4/18/2019 at 9:51 PM, LordCowCow said:

This song screams late-2000s. 8/10

OP's suggestion. I wanted to post a couple days ago, but deliberately put it off until today so I could post this instead.

8/10