Sign in to follow this  
Nyx

Video games you regret selling, giving away, or breaking

You know how it is. Years ago, there was a game (or games) that you had fun with, or are hard to come by. Not knowing what you had until it was gone. Maybe you didn't even break or give it away. Another family member did or you accidentally lost it or left it somewhere. But nonetheless, you miss it or regret what became of it.

Swaps4 GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

There's a lot of stuff I sold that I wish I hadn't, though most of the time it was just my parents trying to get rid of stuff and making us some pocket money. But the stuff I regret most is the stuff I sold just to get rid of thinking the money would help in times where I was in a bind, and it usually didn't.

First thing that comes to mind is my Gamecube with Sunshine, Melee, Prime, and some other games I enjoyed. It's also the thing I regret most because they're pretty expensive nowadays, especially with games. But Dolphin exists, so I guess that works.

I also remember selling every N64 cartridge I had, including Conker's Bad Fur Day, DK64, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie & Tooie. Along with a bunch of PS1 games, of which I sold Crash 1 and Diablo 1 for $5 each. That was a mistake, but I got those back, and I got a modded cartridge for the 64 with over 300 games on it, so it wasn't much of a loss to me besides some value.

This doesn't entirely relate but me and a classmate decided to trade Pokémon Crystals for some god forsaken reason. I distinctly remember wanting my own game back again for some reason, but never got it. I think it was because it had a Hitmontop I was really attached to, and I didn't think he had started a new game or anything? I was a dumb child.

Edited by DragonSage

We didn't sell nor trade any games so there is not much to miss that we don't still have. However, I do remember one time we rented IIRC from Blockbuster, back when they were a thing, a puzzle game for SNES I think, that involves islands made of tiles, and maybe bombs. I liked the game and would like to replay it, but I don't remember the name, and most likely I can find it if I start a Google quest but that's not a priority for me atm.

Edited by Summer Darj

I regret not taking better care of my GameCube games. I was 8 years old when I first had my GameCube, and not responsible enough. Now those games are ridiculously expensive. I bought a new copy of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door about 5 years ago for 86 dollars. That was a steal compared to the fucking prices it goes for now. Also: NEVER buy these games used. More often than not, they are scratched pieces of shit that won't be read by your console. I bought a copy of Sunshine "Like new". It came with the box and manual, but the game wouldn't make it past the Dolby logo. Needless to say, I opted for a refund on that piece of shit.

I never did buy or give away my games. I held onto my games like this guy holds on to his bills:

When you're at the range with your suppressed MP5 and the poor beside you  asks if it's one of those GSG 22's with the 16" fake suppressor barrel. :  NFA

Looked the game up, and pretty sure it was a game named Kablooey:

I remember the character you controlled was blue and non-humanoid, cracking and ice tiles, rails to move the bombs, so it has to be this one.

Edited by Summer Darj