Thar

Collections

EDIT: This was originally semi-hypothetical for what collections you would want to have if given the opportunity, but this might as well just be about collections in general.

I believe I've mentioned I never cared to collect stuff, cause it can be pretty pricey and I tend to sell stuff I don't use, but after recently collecting 1:64 diecast cars, I gotta admit once you get into it, it can get pretty addicting.

Anyone else collecting anything? Anything anyone wants to collect? If so, what and why?

As for me, the announcement of Hot Wheels Unleashed had me missing my Hot Wheels collection I had as a kid, so I just decided to buy someone's collection off Ebay. Next thing I know, I'm looking for any good lot I could find and ended up winning an auction for a bunch more. Now I have a vision of lining up my bedroom walls with cars.

Edited by Thar

I've started actually collecting physical MTG cards to use in the future, and while it's not like I've got anything super rare right now, I've got some stuff that actually is pretty nice to have.

From Zendikar I got a alt art, foil Lotus Cobra which isn't worth much but it is super pretty and I can use it in some decks. Miraug, Fury of Akoum is nice to have, and I got a foil Brightclimb Pathway which isn't amazing but still neat to have. The World Tree from Kaldhiem and I managed to snag two Jumpstart packs just a few days ago with Rise of the Dark Realms and Oracle of Mul Daya... So for a collection that started with Zendikar Rising, I'm actually pretty happy with some of the stuff I've managed to snag.

Actually, I kinda forgot from Kaldhiem that I got a Tyvar Kell, Alt art Tergrid, and Koma, Cosmos Serpant which is a commander I would like to build someday.

1 hour ago, Kazooie said:

I've started actually collecting physical MTG cards to use in the future, and while it's not like I've got anything super rare right now, I've got some stuff that actually is pretty nice to have.

From Zendikar I got a alt art, foil Lotus Cobra which isn't worth much but it is super pretty and I can use it in some decks. Miraug, Fury of Akoum is nice to have, and I got a foil Brightclimb Pathway which isn't amazing but still neat to have. The World Tree from Kaldhiem and I managed to snag two Jumpstart packs just a few days ago with Rise of the Dark Realms and Oracle of Mul Daya... So for a collection that started with Zendikar Rising, I'm actually pretty happy with some of the stuff I've managed to snag.

Actually, I kinda forgot from Kaldhiem that I got a Tyvar Kell, Alt art Tergrid, and Koma, Cosmos Serpant which is a commander I would like to build someday.

I've been meaning to go through all my cards and see what they're worth, cause I don't play anymore so I might as well. I know I have a Liliana somewhere that I should sleeve, as well as a few mythicals. I should also take extra care of the all-foil Sliver deck I have.

Either way, the art for those cards is in itself a reason to collect cards. They're so good!

Unrealistically speaking, I would like to have all sorts of Touhou figures and dolls, from Nendoroids to plush dolls and the like. But surely would be both expensive and a pain, since AFAIK some stuff are in limited numbers.
I am not collecting anything now, though. I have a bunch of 1-ofs of items that could turn into collections, but I don't intend to start collecting more of them. IIRC my biggest collection of anything at the moment is 3 doujin CDs, but pretty sure those are impossible to complete because older discs are just not sold anymore. Was pretty lucky to find physical doujin CDs in a store, actually. I do have a handful of Nintendo Switch games but I don't consider them as a collection. Likewise, I have a couple of Lego sets I buy them on whims.

Edited by Summer Darj

I have a very small Amibo/Figure and plush collection. Not a ton of any of them but its a start.

I also got a box of Fire Emblem Cipher cards and now since they're not making new sets I kinda want to try and collect more

If we ignore the Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission in 2010, I almost certainly own more Beetleform Mages than any other person in the world.

I have...a couple of collections. A bunch of Game Paks. I never had a Game Boy of any sort when I was a kid, so I collected a bunch of Game Paks and a few Game Boy handhelds. Some DS games. I've also bought plenty of Switch games. I don't even know why I kept buying them when I keep playing the same few games. A LOT of Yugioh cards. And a select few different cards not Yugioh, such as a few Pokemon cards, and a few Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards. I do like figures, statuetes, and plush toys. But I don't get these anywhere near as much as video games or Yugioh cards due to lack of space. So I have a few Nendoroids, a few plush toys (mostly Pokemon), Lego minifigures, Transformers, and Super Smash Bros. Amiibos. I even have two big diecast cars and two Hot Wheels cars.

I even kept a Japanese and Korean newspaper!

Also: While home consoles and computers are nice, I really like to collect small electronics and handhelds! I wanted a Game Boy Micro for over a decade, and got one two years ago! A Game Boy Color, that Super Mario Bros Game & Watch from last year, and had a Pokewalker years ago. I also want to get an emulator handheld or two in the near future. And a Pokemon Mini at some point. Maybe a Tamagotchi at some point.

I can elaborate more on these, or even share pictures if anyone's interested.