Sign in to follow this  
LordCowCow

One Billion Lions vs One Lion The Size of a Billion Lions

Placing my bets on the one billion lions. Sure, both groups have the same mass and it's 1 big lion vs. a billion of regular ones, but the billion of lions could just swarm the big one and start nibbling whatever they can, while the big lion can only do so much. What's the worst it could do to them? roll over them and attempt to squish them? most of the normal lions would survive, and could hook on to it or get stuck in its fur or hard-to-reach parts, and once there, it will be hard for the big lion to get rid of them, like ticks that slowly tear it away. Besides, a billion of lions could cover the area of big lion at least 5 times or more, so that's a handful of layers to go through, and a lot of lions.

45 minutes ago, Summer Darj said:

Placing my bets on the one billion lions. Sure, both groups have the same mass and it's 1 big lion vs. a billion of regular ones, but the billion of lions could just swarm the big one and start nibbling whatever they can, while the big lion can only do so much. What's the worst it could do to them? roll over them and attempt to squish them? most of the normal lions would survive, and could hook on to it or get stuck in its fur or hard-to-reach parts, and once there, it will be hard for the big lion to get rid of them, like ticks that slowly tear it away. Besides, a billion of lions could cover the area of big lion at least 5 times or more, so that's a handful of layers to go through, and a lot of lions.

One billion is such an infathomably huge number to humans that I don't think you understand the scale of the big lion. An average adult lion is roughly four feet tall (~122cm in Common Sense Units) at shoulder height. That means our super lion is 4-billion feet tall, which comes out to about 757,575.76 miles (1,219,200km) tall, not long. Using the next-best thing a sphere floating in space has for height, we see that the very Earth we live on is "only" 7,915.5 miles (12,738.76km) in diameter, which is just over one-tenth of the lion's paw-to-shoulder height, to say nothing of its length. Just for funzies, the average adult lion is anywhere from "5.6 - 8.2 feet (171-250cm) long," and while it's fucking stupid that Google is giving me decimals when I'm asking about a unit of measurement that effectively runs on base-12, this makes it easy to multiply by a billion and break that down into miles. Do you want to know how long our super lion is?

Did you guess 1,041,666.67 miles (1,676,400km)? Because that's correct. That's significantly larger than the sun, with a diameter of 865,370 miles (1,392,678km), let alone any of the planets orbiting it. A lion's 10cm (4 inches) teeth could not even hope to so much as be noticed by the cosmic-scale lion's skin. For a rough comparison, even the bite of a mosquito against human skin is far more significant to us than anything these normal lions could do to the big one, and that's with humans lacking fur or any other sort of dermal protection that many mammals have. The billion lions can't even swarm the big one because it has to float in space like the cosmic monster it is, or else it would crush the planet under its weight, killing not only the regular lions, but everything else on Earth, and last I checked, Africa's space program isn't exactly thriving. And now for the icing on the cake, all this is just to build up how much the normal lions can't do anything. I haven't even talked about the big one being able to just easily crush the normal ones - as well as all other life on Africa or whatever continent pissed it off that day - with only a single paw.

I'm putting my money on the big lion, and you are a fool if you don't do the same.

Edited by yui

7 minutes ago, yui said:

One billion is such an infathomably huge number to humans that I don't think you understand the scale of the big lion. An average adult lion is roughly four feet tall (~122cm in Common Sense Units) at shoulder height. That means our super lion is 4-billion feet tall, which comes out to about 757,575.76 miles (1,219,200km) tall, not long. Using the next-best thing a sphere floating in space has for height, we see that the very Earth we live on is "only" 7,915.5 miles (12,738.76km) in diameter, which is just over one-tenth of the lion's paw-to-shoulder height, to say nothing of its length. Just for funzies, the average adult lion is anywhere from "5.6 - 8.2 feet (171-250cm) long," and while it's fucking stupid that Google is giving me decimals when I'm asking about a unit of measurement that effectively runs on base-12, this makes it easy to multiply by a billion and break that down into miles. Do you want to know how long our super lion is?

Did you guess 1,041,666.67 miles (1,676,400km)? Because that's correct. That's significantly larger than the sun, with a diameter of 865,370 miles (1,392,678km), let alone any of the planets orbiting it. A lion's 10cm (4 inches) teeth could not even hope to so much as be noticed by the cosmic-scale lion's skin. For a rough comparison, even the bite of a mosquito against human skin is far more significant to us than anything these normal lions could do to the big one, and that's with humans lacking fur or any other sort of dermal protection that many mammals have. The billion lions can't even swarm the big one because it has to float in space like the cosmic monster it is, or else it would crush the planet under its weight, killing not only the regular lions, but everything else on Earth, and last I checked, Africa's space program isn't exactly thriving. And now for the icing on the cake, all this is just to build up how much the normal lions can't do anything. I haven't even talked about the big one being able to just easily crush the normal ones without a single bit of effort.

I'm putting my money on the big lion, and you are a fool if you don't do the same.

Good thing they aren't battling a big lion, and instead are battling a ton of little bitch lions.

Not to mention that a lion that big would die of its own mass, crushing its bones under its immense weight while its metabolic processes cook it alive.

Also the length wouldn't scale linearly. You're calculating the length of a rope made out of lion, not a giant lion.

Edited by (?)

6 minutes ago, (?) said:

Good thing they aren't battling a big lion, and instead are battling a ton of little bitch lions.

Not to mention that a lion that big would die of its own mass, crushing its bones under its immense weight while its metabolic processes cook it alive.

Also the length wouldn't scale linearly. You're calculating the length of a rope made out of lion, not a giant lion.

So no one wins, the giant lion just dies and there's no battle cause the normal lions didn't do shit lol

Just now, Thar said:

So no one wins, the giant lion just dies and there's no battle cause the normal lions didn't do shit lol

Don't invalidate control players like that.

On 4/20/2021 at 6:52 PM, (?) said:

Don't invalidate control players like that.

Except control players would actually contribute to their defeat because they altered their minds, while the large lion just died of natural causes and we know the billion lions are green and not blue, so my point still stands.

44 minutes ago, radio414 said:

not to diminish your main point but lions are traditionally white on the color pie

well you know what i mean, the lions in this scenario are not mind controlling the giant one. semantics.

17 hours ago, Thar said:

well you know what i mean, the lions in this scenario are not mind controlling the giant one. semantics.

You don't know that

4 hours ago, (?) said:

You don't know that

those damn lions erased my memory again, fuck

Edited by Thar