Sign in to follow this  
The Warden

Puppet Power [WRITTEN][Gimmick Puppets]

So, as an avid Gimmick Puppet player, I've been trying their new support and with some choice additions, I've been having some fun with the deck. So this is basically me creating some final cards I feel they need to be very playable.

Gimmick Puppet Fore Father
DARK
R********
Machine / Xyz / Effect
2+ Machine monsters
While you control this Xyz Summoned card: You can discard 1 card; you cannot Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Gimmick Puppet" monsters, also add 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Gimmick Puppet Fore Father" once per turn. When a card or effect is activated that targets a "Gimmick Puppet" monster on the field OR is activated in response to the activation of the effect of a "Gimmick Puppet" monster: You can detach 1 material; negate that card or effect, and if you do, destroy it.
ATK: 2400 / DEF: 2400

Developer's Notes: Something I feel GPs have needed for an insanely long time is an Xyz monster that is a little more proactive. Numbers 15, 40, and 88 are nice, but 15 and 40 shine most when they have an opponent's field to ruin. And 88... exists to becomes C88 more or less. But this means that, unless you can make C88 there aren't any decent GP Xyz you can make going first. The idea of a generic discard is to help fix bad hands you can get by discarding a card you don't need for a search, which comes with restrictions since apparently every bloody Gimmick Puppet card needs a small paragraph of them. The negation part is more of a means for GPs to fight back against some card effects, without being too OP about it like Borreload or other BS. Incidentally, I imagine the art for this card to be a GP vesion of Quattro, hence the punny name.

Gimmick Puppet Doll Headtipede
DARK
Down
Machine / Link / Effect
1 Machine monster
You can pay 2000 LP and banish 1 "Puppet" Normal Spell/Trap Card from your Deck; this effect become that card's effect when that card is activated, also, you cannot Summon monsters from your Extra Deck this turn, except "Gimmick Puppet" monsters. While this card is in your GY: You can target 1 Machine Xyz monster you control; attach this card to it as material. You can only use 1 effect of "Gimmick Puppet Doll Headtipede" per turn, and only once per turn.
ATK: 500 / LINK-1

Developer's Notes: While I considered the notion of making the various Puppet Spell/Traps searchable, honestly, I felt it'd be better to go the Verte Anaconda route by having it copy the effect, as opposed to just searching a card. I went with banishing because again, GPs need needless and pointless caveats to make the archetype "fair". (See: Not being dragons.) The cost, while also apeing off of Verte, has an additional use vis a vis rendering Puppet Parade's RUM search active, while also making Puppet Ritual actually worth using for once. The material attach is more of just a freebie really. Also I love the idea of this hideous centipede creature made of doll heads. It's what makes Gimmick Puppets beautiful.

Puppet Parlor
Field Spell
When this card is activated: You can discard 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster; you cannot Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Machine monsters, also draw 2 cards. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Gimmick Puppet" monster as an additional Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Developer's Notes: One thing GPs have not had, despite getting two waves of support in an era where every damn archetype ever gets a field spell, is a field spell. This is my idea of remedying two issues GPs have. Namely, dead Terror Babys and Humpty Dumptys in hand can be easily tossed via the discard effect, with the intended purpose of it replacing Trade-In that is basically mandatory for the deck. This gives you much more freedom than Trade-In can give you. The second effect, I feel, is very helpful in making Terror Baby far more usable by being able to use its effect despite already making starting plays.