Sign in to follow this  
The Chayncemaniac

Borderlands (2022)

I was gonna wait until a trailer dropped to start this thread, but I figured now would be best. There is no current release date for the movie, but they began filming on April 1, 2021. The casting has been under fire from fans of the gaming franchise, mainly 1 character in particular, but here's the casting, I'll post the cast as well as the characters they're playing if they've appeared in the franchise. This is the premise according to Lionsgate, who is distributing the movie.

"Lilith, an infamous outlaw with a mysterious past, reluctantly returns to her home planet of Pandora to find the missing daughter of the universe's most powerful S.O.B., Atlas. Lilith forms an alliance with an unexpected team – Roland, a former elite mercenary, now desperate for redemption; Tiny Tina, a feral pre-teen demolitionist; Krieg, Tina's musclebound, rhetorically challenged protector; Tannis, the scientist with a tenuous grip on sanity; and Claptrap, a persistently wiseass robot. These unlikely heroes must battle alien monsters and dangerous bandits to find and protect the missing girl, who may hold the key to unimaginable power. The fate of the universe could be in their hands – but they'll be fighting for something more: each other."

The Cast

Cate Blanchett as Lillith

blanchettlilith913.jpg

Kevin Hart as Roland

b364nnrodfbicxxjgsa7.jpg?ar=16:9&auto=fo

Jamie Lee Curtis as Dr. Patricia Tannis

medium_borderlands-movie-jamie-lee-curti

Jack Black as Claptrap

black-claptrap.jpg?format=jpg&quality=80

Ariana Greenblatt as Tiny Tina

arianna-greenblatt-tiny-tina-borderlands

Florian Munteanu as Krieg

florianbignasty_3405013.png

Haley Bennett's role in the movie hasn't been revealed

Édgar Ramírez as the CEO of the Atlas Corporation

800px-Edgar_Ramirez_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Olivier Richters as Krom

_medium.jpeg

Janina Gavankar as Commander Knoxx (Daughter of General Knoxx from the first Borderlands game)

borderlands_movie_cast.jpg

Gina Gershon as Mad Moxxi

840_560.jpeg

Cheyenne Jackson as the CEO of Jakobs

690224.jpg

Charles Babalola as Hammerlock

690225.jpg

Benjamine Byron Davis as Marcus

690226.jpg

Steven Boyer as Scooter

690228.jpg

Ryann Redmond as Ellie

690231.jpg

Bobby Lee as new character, Larry

borderlands-1024x576.jpg

Penn Jillette as a Preacher

800px-Penn_Jillette_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

What are y'all's thoughts on this cast? Personally, I'm willing to give this cast a chance, while I would've cast someone different as Roland, Kevin Hart is a decent enough actor that I think he'll deliver a fine performance of the character