Tormented

Forum Upgrade - Bug Megathread

Hey all, soo we had a few issues yesterday(?) and I decided it was a good time to upgrade the forum software, it has seemingly resolved some of the issues we were having but on the flip side it's likely going to cause a few bugs.

The status system is a little bit all over the place right now, so working on this.

In any case, the purpose of this thread is to get you all to post your findings of bugs etc from the upgrade - I will look at these over the next few days and resolve what I can.

Much love torms

Following up on Radio's post, threads don't seem to load properly in the Default, Dimension, or Borx themes. I tested them all here real quick to get this data.

ncm is just saying fuck hearthstone in particular

So it seems when I post a status it doesn't show up as words, even if you click on the status link

(btw for those wondering to see full statuses or react to them atm gotta click the time stamp on the status to see the whole things for now)

3 minutes ago, yui said:

Following up on Radio's post, threads don't seem to load properly in the Default, Dimension, or Borx themes. I tested them all here real quick to get this data.

Borx seems fine to me? Other two are busted tho

4 minutes ago, Tormented said:

Borx seems fine to me? Other two are busted tho

Ah, y-yeah, Borx is fine, it's my brainlet that isn't. Uniform is the third broken theme.

So going to have to delete those themes and find replacements, sorry to those who were using them If I can like for like replace or find upgraded versions then I'll add them.

Other things.

Status Bar seems to not have the ability to like or reply from front page anymore? Might be a Borx issue.

The plugin that turns img links into pictures is bsuted or gone. Not necessarily a bug, but relevant to bring up, I suppose.

10 hours ago, Blake said:

Other things.

Status Bar seems to not have the ability to like or reply from front page anymore? Might be a Borx issue.

Getting this on Spectrum too. I also can't read replies on the front page.

It's not an any theme issue, the plugin is no longer working so working on resolving that.

If I install the plugin, whenever you post a status it's blank - very odd.

Can you screenshot what you mean on the latter? @A Billion Cheetahs

5 minutes ago, Tormented said:

It's not an any theme issue, the plugin is no longer working so working on resolving that.

If I install the plugin, whenever you post a status it's blank - very odd.

Can you screenshot what you mean on the latter? @A Billion Cheetahs

unknown.png

I prolly just worded it awkwardly ?

Technically that is working as intended... or at least working as intended when we don't have the status plugin.

It'll take you to the replies which are housed on my profile as status updates are technically just posts on profiles.

If when you click on that link you'll see the replies to that "thread" so to speak.

-

Again will be resolved if/when I figure out the status update plugin issue.

16 hours ago, radio414 said:

cK3RnFR.png

this is in ncm ortem as the latest topic in the hearthstone forum

Believe this is now resolved, can I get some confirmation.

10 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Unsure if just me but

55c3715ec36507d1a1dc0d7c93c2d42a.png

this was bumped by the bump button, and no matter how many times I click, it stays marked as unread

If I were to guess, I'd say views by the OP don't count

EDIT: nvm, I thought it was Chaos Sonic posting lol

Edited by Thar

On 6/24/2021 at 5:16 AM, Tormented said:

The status system is a little bit all over the place right now, so working on this.

I can see that

006d3d3bf5fffa295632ed98f2c668bd.gif

Hey  @Members 

Sorry for the global tag but interested to hear everyone's thoughts...

Currently we have the issue of statuses not working, which I feel is a pretty large issue within the site as I believe statuses to be one of the key ways everyone communicates with one another (outside of discord groups etc)

Now by disabling all of the plugins and addons statuses will work once again, what I'm suggesting is we start fresh and I replace everything that I can with new versions, no data should be lost (points shop) so everything should retain - the only thing that might cause issues are profile customizations, specifically I'm unsure if I'll be able to fully replace all customization options and of course if I can I'm not sure everything will stick, with that in mind I'll replace free of charge if that happens.

So, are we happy if I strip clean the customizations we have on the site to essentially start from a clean(ish) state to hopefully create a more stable environment?

Fundamentally the site will still continue to function and you will be able to post but things will look a little bland for a period of time.

I'm down for this course of action. Update away, boss.

If we must, we must. No point fussing about it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.