Sign in to follow this  
Kazooie

Ask Bird Anything

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:34 PM, LordCowCow said:

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.

Yeah, this definitely won't be a top 5 type of deal, just a few of the particularly notable ones.

Villain School RP Character, back on YCM, Elita. She was of the two characters there that I was particularly proud of. It took a while for me to find my stride when it came to creating characters, they weren't my strong point, but I feel like that's changed over time. If a character doesn't click from the start in some way, I don't bother continuing to develop them, it's too important for me that there's a chemistry between the character and writing them for me. I end up doing little test dribbles with the characters that never see the light of day, just to see if I can write them in a way that satisfies me.

Elita was all about a 'dead' Goddess, in quotation marks because it was meant to be highly debatable on whether she existed or not, because most religions are like that in some way and especially the ones that didn't last. Mari, as a concept, didn't matter much. It was a driving force for Elita's pure, intense drive. She was single mindedly focused on reviving this ancient religion that had no modern basis at all, with herself as the Prophet of it and later the lead Priestess. She doesn't see herself as a villain, she saw herself as a beacon of light for those poor souls in that horrid school. She had to save them, by any means necessary.

That, to me, is one of the most enjoyable types of villains, the ones who have no qualms doing terrible things, but are so delusional, or so far deep into their own heads that they can't see anything but the 'benefits' of doing it. She had a very clear inspiration, Angie Yonaga from Danganronpa V3. V3 played Angie very... Comedically, but there was a serious dark undertone to her character that I wanted to explore with her concept, a villain so convinced she was doing good for others by leading them into a narrow path that would save their souls. A very real type of villain on its own, then you add in the superpower aspect of it, and it only made sense for her to be an Empath, particularly in the vein that she could feel other's pain and take it on herself. The perfect way for a false prophet to cause miracles to happen. My favorite part of her was... She didn't even want power, she was just so utterly convinced in her faith that she was very much willing to go to absurd lengths.

More recently, there's been Octavia and Kendra from the two Yugioh RP's I joined. Octavia is the rich kid who isn't rich anymore and Kendra is the kid who was never rich to begin with. They're pretty similar in personalities, in the sense that they're both subdued, quieter types, but for very different reasons.

With Octavia, it's a necessity of growing up in a violent, gang-filled city. She learned to keep her head down when she wasn't doing business in obtaining new cards, so she's very pragmatic about what she spends her time doing and saying. She's definitely be on the fast track in a law career, if things hadn't gone south in Hearthome. I like her character because while I played up how nothing about her particularly stood out, she was just a 'normal' girl who could make a deal over trading cards. Since the RP is kind of in limbo with COVID and all, she hasn't had a chance to grow, but if the RP goes down after all, I'll find a good way to work her into something else I do.

Kendra on the other hand, is the self-defeating girl who never quite found what she excels at, something I know waaay too well. It's one thing to do 'well enough' at something and be reasonably passable at it, and then to find something that you're passionate about and actually good at too. With Kendra, while she has that passion for the card game, and the skill to back it up, her financial situation when she was younger kept her from exploring it fully and it was only when she got a lucky scholarship after a performance in a local scene from a university wanting to expand that she actually got the chance to explore it. And because of that, she feels the need to push herself in private, trying to keep up her studies beyond just 'passing' which she arguably doesn't manage to do, while still keeping her dueling skills sharp.

Ironically, both of these are Xyz users. I guess because it's a flexible mechanic that's not too hard to write with, I kinda gravitate towards it, it allows some creativity with it in the duels. I haven't gotten to write a full duel with either of them yet, Octavia using Box of Friends and Kendra using Batterymen, but I got a small bit with Kendra done and I like the deck, so I'm excited to develop her a lot too.

Honorable mention goes to Sieg, the Barbarian I was making for Grimm Nights, but didn't get past the conceptual stage. I wanted to make her a loud, boisterous type, something I really do not do a lot. But when I tried to come up with a background I liked, a story I was happy with, and her personality beyond that, I just hit... A wall. Which is funny, because her role was going to be tanking basically. I wanted her to be carrying around a giant Tower Shield, her main form of combat would be parrying blows, protecting those around her, and basically bashing people down with the shield while trying to use it to support her allies as well. Very hands on, physical and all. But like I said, I just hit a wall with her, and while I liked the weapon concept, background just threw me into a loop of writing, erasing and thinking again.

6 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Why moth?

Bug Fables!

Just a really fun RPG, filled the Paper Mario niche that Origami King doesn't quite scratch for me, the characters were fun and Mothiva was just a fun one that I enjoyed while the game was going on. 

That and I just like moths. They're nice, good stuff.

11 minutes ago, radio414 said:

Similarly, favorite kind of moth?

fluffy ones

But, aside from the fluff, I really like just how bizarre the Luna Moth looks. Just look at this thing.

800px-Actias_luna-male.jpg

who is your favorite animal crossing villager?

On 8/2/2020 at 1:16 AM, (✧△✧) said:

What are your top 5 Pokemon new to the Galar Region?

5. Obstagoon - I love Zigzagoon. It's always been my favorite Route 1 Normal-Type Pokemon, at least until Wooloo showed up, but it's still a favorite. Obstagoon is perfect to me, because I love the little punk rock look the line is sporting in Galar and Obstagoon being an evo for him just makes it better.

4. Wooloo - it just cute

3. Cramorant - Bird. Sometimes it eats a Pikachu. What's not to love? Honestly, it's just a cute idea, and I really like this one. I still can't get over that we had this guy leaked reaaally early into the game's lifespan too, it was in the first big leak for the game.

2. Falinks - again, it cute. But fun to use too, I love the bois.

1. Corviknight - Honestly, Corviknight is kinda just made for me. Obviously I love birds, but like, it's just so cool looking.

So, I'm assuming we're going with just, like, new Pokemon outright and not new forms, so this is what the Top 5 look like. If we include forms, Galarian Ponyta might push out Obstagoon by a tad, but it's really close.

Honorable mentions go to Frosmoth/Snom for sheer design, Dragapult for being cool, and Gigantimax Garbodar cause my boy actually got something.

On 8/2/2020 at 2:31 AM, Summer Yui said:

who is your favorite animal crossing villager?

bobbert

Cat is just chill and I like that. Unlike TUCKER and his dumb stupid face.

what is your favorite meme from 2010 or earlier?

15 hours ago, Summer Yui said:

what is your favorite meme from 2010 or earlier?

i am not going to lie, the 2000-2010 decade was a lawless wasteland for memes

but god if i don't have a soft spot in my heart for this wonderful piece of shit

especially when i learned the background of the song being that the dude was criticized that the only reasons his songs got popular was the girls in the videos, so he just decided to make this with clones of himself using a green screen, which promptly became his most popular song. I just love it.

It also lead to this piece of art so I can't pick anything else.

Also the redux version of that.

Edited by Mothiva

On 9/11/2020 at 7:45 AM, (TheOtherYuya) said:

Favorite genre of film?

I don't really like movies.

It's... Gotta sound weird, right? There are definitely good movies out there, I love stuff like Secret of Kells, movies that are based on folklore can be really cool, mystery stuff is probably the closest I get to favorite genre.

But I have a real hard time getting super invested in movies because it's so hard to establish a world/good characters in a short amount of time. One of the things Marvel movies had going for them was a constant narrative in a way and reoccurring characters, so even though the movies weren't the best, it was easy for me to watch them.

That doesn't really answer the question, but I mean, the list of movies I've actually watched is super short because of this.

You must sacrifice one decade of history to appease the time-devouring old gods. Which decade do you erase from mankind?

14 hours ago, Saikazo said:

Favorite kind of chicken?

man, you picked a question with no answer

Chicken is one of my favorite ingredients because it's so flexible. It just SOAKS in flavor, literally if you marinade it. I guess my standouts are, like, sweet and sour chicken, oven roasted with like, mashed potatoes and gravy cause you can never go wrong with that for dinner, and then I really, really like to marinade it overnight for use in burritos/fajitas.

13 hours ago, yui said:

You must sacrifice one decade of history to appease the time-devouring old gods. Which decade do you erase from mankind?

the 90's. with the condition that only 90's kids remember it

6 hours ago, Comrade Duck said:

You can only keep one. Which do you choose?

--dogs

--cats

--birds

--anime

i mean, if i get rid of birds, i stop existing so i gotta pick them.

3 hours ago, Kazooie said:

i mean, if i get rid of birds, i stop existing so i gotta pick them.

12 hours ago, Kazooie said:

Chicken is one of my favorite ingredients because it's so flexible. It just SOAKS in flavor, literally if you marinade it. I guess my standouts are, like, sweet and sour chicken, oven roasted with like, mashed potatoes and gravy cause you can never go wrong with that for dinner, and then I really, really like to marinade it overnight for use in burritos/fajitas.

Why are you a cannibal?

29 minutes ago, Saikazo said:

Why are you a cannibal?

there are actually a lot of birds that prey on other species of birds

in particular it tends to be falcons, but I remember there's another fairly large family of birds that do it as well. falcons tend to be the most well known though. it's really not that uncommon at all!

On 12/1/2020 at 1:41 AM, (‽) said:

Would you be interested in my gitrog list?

yeah, actually

my gitrog list is a couple sets old at this point i think, i haven't really updated it and i would like to see a list from someone who knows the game better than my limited knowledge of blake's niv-mizzet

You've received a lot of questions about birds, but what's your favorite animal that doesn't have wings?

3 hours ago, (‽) said:

Oh my list is old as hell. Pretty strong, though. I'll see about getting it down tomorrow.

sick

gitrog is neat and I like the deck

3 hours ago, yui said:

You've received a lot of questions about birds, but what's your favorite animal that doesn't have wings?

Earlier in the thread this came up. After birds? It's usually stuff like sheep, cows, or cats.

Generally sheep though. My cats are enough of assholes to keep them from being the second favorite consistantly.