Sign in to follow this  
Kazooie

Ask Bird Anything

While I'm still working on my project, I figured I would go ahead and post this here!

If you've got questions for a bird, now's a time to get them out. It's been a while since I last did one of these, since my activity on the old forum dropped off... Pretty hard. But I'm around again I think! I think I'm here, in any case.

12 minutes ago, VCR_CAT said:

Stoked to see you around again! What's the project on?

Heya Cat, good to see you too!

The project is that I'm revamping an old fic that I was working on, rewriting the early chapters and working on redoing the outline to be more solid overall. The early chapters are what I'm working on right now, and I'm going to write a bit before I start releasing chapters because I don't want to start and then never finish, as long as I have a backlog I'll be able to release regularly without having to worry if I need a couple days off from working on it.

The fic itself is Pokemon themed, so it might not be for everyone, but I'll have fun with it at least. :'P

5 minutes ago, SK79LinkXyz said:

"Ask the bird anything"

Challenged accepted.

If I shoot the bird.... will you die?

I'll leave now....

you fool, if you shoot me I'll only become stronger, more powerful than you can possibly imagine

On 1/15/2019 at 9:58 PM, Nathanael D. Striker said:

Why isn't Black a bear here? Is Chaos just a phase for him?

Black is a bear, he doesn't have to prove it to you all.

Though he'll probably keep going with this theme for a while, he's been having too much fun with it. Get used to it.

18 hours ago, iarimakousei said:

Was Jesus the first T-poser?

no

t-posing is done to assert dominance, Jesus was t-posing out of love

that's not to say he didn't inspire the first t-poser though

5 minutes ago, Nathanael D. Striker said:

If I were to get back into dueling, should I still run some form of a Chaos Deck?

i haven't played yugioh in like, 3 or 4 years now, i wouldn't know what to tell ya.

except to play Lyrilusc cause they're the best deck

You can get one superpower absolutely free. But wait, it has to be a shitty power that does more harm than good and isn't really a day-saver so much as an inconvenience. What sort of power do you take?

21 minutes ago, Yui said:

You can get one superpower absolutely free. But wait, it has to be a shitty power that does more harm than good and isn't really a day-saver so much as an inconvenience. What sort of power do you take?

that's not a superpower that's a curse, dummy.

I want the ability to make a garden snake appear whenever I flip a coin, it's not super inconvenient to me but I know plenty of people who would freak out over a storm of garden snakes and it's inconvenient that i would have to actually think before flipping a coin. That counts right?

On 6/27/2019 at 5:06 PM, A Crap Guide to CC said:

Which tier do you expect or hope for Banjo & Kazooie to be on release in Smash Bros. Ultimate?

This one took me some time. I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

I want them to be low-high tier. I want them to be a viable option, but not one that gets a bunch of nerfs, you know? I want to see them in tournaments without being called oppressive, though knowing the Smash community that would happen anyway if they see sizable success.

From looking at their frame data on the moves we know, they look pretty... On par with the rest of the cast.

Going in order of the reveal trailer move appearances.

Jab is a pretty standard jab. The first hit is kinda slow to come out, but it seems like it'll do decent damage judging by the hit animations. There's the possibility they have a rapid jab still, we won't know for sure until we see more of their kit, but the Jab is... Okay.

Their Down Tilt Beak Barge and Back Air Rat-a-tat Rap look insanely strong. Really fast to come out, really good hitbox on the Down Tilt since it lowers them to the ground, and depending on how Down Tilt launches, it might be a really good combo tool!

Egg/Breegull Blaster is pretty variable. It has a notable start up on pulling Kazooie out, but being able to move while shooting a projectile is always great. The hitstun seems really short, which is a concern, but I think the ability to move will make it a useful enough move.

Side Smash Breegull Bash is... Good, but not cause it's a good move exactly. Like, don't get me wrong, it's basically Ganondorf's Side Smash from the looks of it, but the important part is that Luigi was using his Side-B in that clip and it didn't Clang with it. That means Kazooie is most likely not a hitbox, which is really good if that turns out to be the case.

Grenade Egg is also... Probably good. The issue is that we don't know for sure how long the timer on the grenade is, but historically projectile items like this, Banana from Diddy and Turnip from Peach/Daisy, have been really nice and this could be a strong item if it's easy for Banjo-Kazooie to pick it up.

Up B/Shock Jump could be really bad or really good. If it has a hurt box, it'll be really good, if not, it'll probably just be okay at best since that'll make it really easy to gimp the duo. On the other hand, you can ACT out of the jump at the end, which is huge. So while it might be easy to gimp, it's got huge mix up potential that might save it, especially if there's a hurt box. I was worried about their recovery and still am. but I'm not as scared as I was.

Wonder Wing is going to be a huge part of their neutral game I think. The fact that it has so little start up and gives as much super armor as it does will make it a pretty damn strong approach and punish option, I think. 

We also get a brief look at their Side Tilt, Breegull Bayonet, and it looks really good. It's quick, got a nice range, and reminds me a lot of like, Corrin Side Tilt. Plus the beak shines during it, which makes me think it's got a good chance of having a sweet spot tipper. Quite a few of Kazooie's moves seem like they might have a sweet spot mechanic, honestly.

What sort of criteria do you look for when considering a new game to purchase?

21 hours ago, Yui said:

What sort of criteria do you look for when considering a new game to purchase?

Good reviews, more than anything.

Not from, like, big name sites though, I don't really bother with those, I look at user reviews more than anything, what friends who have played it say too.

Genre used to be big for me, but nowadays I play so many different types of games that it doesn't matter. I've even found FPS games I like, so like, any genre can be something I can get into with the right game I guess.

@Kazooie That answer is waaay more detailed than what I expected. Cannot but drop a like it.

Another Smash-related question: After Banjo & Kazooie and a Persona representative making it in Smash (IIRC you are a Persona fan), which is now the character you want to get in Smash the most?

52 minutes ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

@Kazooie That answer is waaay more detailed than what I expected. Cannot but drop a like it.

Another Smash-related question: After Banjo & Kazooie and a Persona representative making it in Smash (IIRC you are a Persona fan), which is now the character you want to get in Smash the most?

When it comes to Smash, I love to theorize and talk about things! I did similar things pre-release when K.Rool was announced, cause I love to talk about characters I'm excited for.

And I'm not exactly a Persona fan, since I never actually played it... I want to play it, but I think it's been a smash hit and it definitely deserved a rep, I love the aesthetic of the series and the way it translated into Smash was perfect!

As far as a rep I want... Undertale. That's literally all I have left that isn't repped off the top of my head. I would love Shantae to be a fighter, but that's really unlikely since she's already a spirit...

But Undertale has somehow gone without even a spirit. No references. Nintendo clearly values it, Deltarune and Undertale have been featured in Main Directs instead of the Nindies showcases. And I think Undertale has a legit shot at getting a rep. But honestly, it isn't so much for me as it is Blake. Undertale is the one thing they want and I legally cannot ask Sakurai for anything ever again since Banjo and Kazooie are in the game now.

Edited by Kazooie

On 9/8/2019 at 6:38 PM, Saikazo May Cry said:

Another Smash question: Rank the Hero and his alts based on design.

Number 1 is obviously Munchie.

I guess Eight there isn't bad either, he's got the standard Toriyama face, but the bandanna and outfit are pretty nice, my favorite of them.

Number 2 is Luminary. Mostly cause it's the most... Different from the others. I don't love it, but I like how it stands out from the others, the longer hair along with the sorta kinda patchwork outfit, obviously not patchwork but more worn than the other heroes, gives it more character to me.

Number 3 is Solo. I like his dumb headbrace but other than he just kinda is there for me, but I know there were a good number of people excited to see him.

Least favorite is Erdrick/Three. Design is pretty boring and is pretty much everything I hate about Toriyama's artstyle.

?
?

With Banjo & Kazooie hitting Smash Ultimate recently, are you changing mains to the dynamic duo? If so, who (if anyone) did you main previously?

41 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

What's something that you love that you know is objectively bad?

As in bad quality/poorly made. Not like, bad FOR you.

Hm.

I can't say Brawl cause while it wasn't an amazing game competitively, it was a damn good casual game and that's why I loved it.

Honestly, probably Hey You, Pikachu! Objectively awful in EVERY single way possible. The mic is unresponsive, the game is weirdly paced, Pikachu doesn't like to listen even when the mic does pick up your voice...

But god damn it was a cute game that childhood me couldn't get enough of. It's terrible and awful and I would probably hate it so much if I played it nowadays. And that's why I don't touch it, I don't wanna ruin the good memories.

32 minutes ago, Yui said:

?
?

With Banjo & Kazooie hitting Smash Ultimate recently, are you changing mains to the dynamic duo? If so, who (if anyone) did you main previously?

Instant Main after playing them.

I got lucky. Really lucky, dude. My mains were Pokemon Trainer, for Ivysaur, and Palutena.

Banjo & Kazooie have a lot of elements of characters I love playing. The Ivysaur/Palutena Nair is just one of them. The grenade eggs are basically just Snake's Neutral B, Down Throw being K. Rool-eqsue Bury is something I love, really interesting for comboing into so far. Everything about their playstyle is meshing really well for me, and the amount of fan service in the character made the wait more than worth it. I could ramble about them for ages.