Sign in to follow this  
Jolly Glot

[MTG] MTG version of Egyptian Gods card | a.k.a i might still suck at designing mtg

Can you walk me through Ra's design? I think I get what you're going for but I just want to be sure. I'm reading is as an mdfc where the front half is uncastable but wants to be put in play from the graveyard?

More broadly, is there some edge case you're looking to allow with "Indestructible against abilities or effects" or is this just a wordier "Indestructible" (and is it okay to be asking formatting questions like that?)

10 hours ago, radio414 said:

Can you walk me through Ra's design? I think I get what you're going for but I just want to be sure. I'm reading is as an mdfc where the front half is uncastable but wants to be put in play from the graveyard?

More broadly, is there some edge case you're looking to allow with "Indestructible against abilities or effects" or is this just a wordier "Indestructible" (and is it okay to be asking formatting questions like that?)

yes the ra one is mdfc with uncastable frontside so you do have to cast the back or somehow dump it for reanimation as intended

Indestructible part is experimental it meant that its indestructible only from effects and abilities thus its still killable by combat (immune to deathtouch though) im all ears for better alternative to this wording

17 hours ago, Jolly Glot said:

yes the ra one is mdfc with uncastable frontside so you do have to cast the back or somehow dump it for reanimation as intended

Indestructible part is experimental it meant that its indestructible only from effects and abilities thus its still killable by combat (immune to deathtouch though) im all ears for better alternative to this wording

you cannot reanimate the back of a mdfc

also, while "indestructible from" doesn't exist in the first place, it wouldn't protect from deathtouch if it did.

Edited by (?)

9 minutes ago, (?) said:

you cannot reanimate the back of a mdfc

I know, thats why divine phoenix is the front side

9 minutes ago, (?) said:

also, while "indestructible from" doesn't exist in the first place, it wouldn't protect from deathtouch if it did.

Welp i guess i just have to simplified to regular indestructible then

That being said any words for the whole package? Is it balance? No? Playeble in certain format or nah?

Edited by Jolly Glot

Slifer is probably an okay reanimator target.

Divine Phoenix is super busted, since it is a 10/10 haste that can't be blocked. Adding on removal is even sillier.

Generally speaking, instant speed removal that can target multiple things shouldn't be repeatable, as it quickly leads to oppressive boardstates.