Sign in to follow this  
Dova

Multiples Review Thread

What is this?

Because Advanced and Casual Multiples tend to get less review than Singles, and I think every set deserves at least one review from people, so that the creators can know what they did wrong/right and what to change for the future. Why don't I just review the threads without doing something like this? Well, I find it difficult to just do things in my own time, so this way I will feel more obliged and motivated to do it, and hopefully other can do the same by joining me as reviewers!

Why would I want to help review?

As mentioned above, I tend to procrastinate things. A lot. This thread is a means of motivating me to do those things, as without it, it's super easy to just look over threads and not comment if you don't feel like it. This way, there's an actual goal to meet, something to accomplish. Maybe you have the same problem, and this thread can help you. Or maybe you're just happy commenting on stuff you feel invested in. But anyway, I really would like help; it lessens the workload on me.

How do I become a reviewer?

Simple! Just post if you're happy to help; I would really appreciate it. This way, you'll get some of the responsibility as well; feel free to stop at any time, or not to take a set you are unfamiliar with; just tell me first instead of just not doing stuff ^^

What kind of review should I expect/be expected to produce?

More than the Advanced Clause requires, really. Unless a set is just...well, great, there's normally more to be said than just pointing out one broken card. Even an entirely broken set shouldn't be handwaved with "This set is bad." or any variation of such lengthened to fit the AC; you should try and tell them how to go about fixing as many mistakes you can muster an explanation for. Most of the time bad design isn't purposeful, and while people can be unwelcoming towards certain points, that's no reason as to why you shouldn't at least try to help.

But yeah, the a basic review will talk about the good/problematic cards that stand out as well as the set as a whole. At least one of mine; if you follow a different structure that works, go for it.

Rules and Submitting:

Spoiler

Rules:

• NCM has Rules. Look them up and stuff before you do anything.
  • Only one request per person please, people. I'm only human after all.
  • I might not always have something nice to say, but I always try to. Please don't expect entirely positive comments.
  • My review is not the be-all and end-all. I do make mistakes occasionally, and others might take angles I have missed. Please don't take this as an opportunity to say my review is entirely wrong because of this; I'm just trying to help.
  • Please respond to me and my changes IN THREAD. That way others can see how you responded to me, and could also feel obliged to review it seeing how you take CnC.

Submitting:

1. Post the link the to your thread.
2. If I already reviewed it, say what you changed.

Please rep the reviewer if you think the review is fair. We all need some compensation ?

So yeah. Post to get reviews for your Advanced Multiples or Casual Multiples, and I hope you get the comments you want, or at the very least the critique you need!

It's very informal. Just feel free to post in the thread when someone posts a set that you're reviewing it!

Speaking of which, onto this one!

I don't have any sets that need reviewing for now (though I am working on it).

I am wishing apply for reviewer, and if all I have to do is help around in this thread, then so be it.

Hey Dova! I just looked at your review and made some small changes to the Flotsam cards. I put the changes in the thread if you'd wanna give them a quick look?

If you have the time, I would like a review of this archetype here. :3 

Been working on this for a while, so I think you will enjoy reviewing this. 

On 2/4/2019 at 3:22 PM, Ultimagamer said:

If you have the time, I would like a review of this archetype here. :3 

Been working on this for a while, so I think you will enjoy reviewing this. 

I'll keep that on my bucketlist.