Zai

[Interest check] card games and card game-adjacent things.

I came back to rp me some card games, and by gum, imma rp me some card games. Once more ‘round the sun, as they say.

Disclaimer Shit

Spoilers ain’t working on mobile. So out in the open with it. I’m sure a lot of you will ask “So is Zai gonna post?” Short answer: almost certainly, once a week, on mondays, after 5 est. I’ve got time blocked out, and I’m trying to keep all of these as laid back and low pressure as possible so that I can reliably get shit done. No promises, as I don’t wanna make a liar of myself, but I’mma be doing my best! If you’re cool with that and willing to give me one more go, welcome aboard!

Now, with that out of the way, meat and potatoes. I have quite a few ideas bouncing around in my head, and rather than develop one, I’m gonna post the cliffnotes for all of them and see what people are or are not interested in. Fun fact: not all of them are ygo related.

1. Skies, again? Really?

Skies. Again. Really. Possibly picking right up where we left off with it as well. Old apps would get auto-acceptance, and the RP would be open for new ones. I’ve made some changes to my plot notes to allow it to flow better and be more inclusive though. More on that if you ask. Also links are on the table now that they’re not rules-mandatory. For those who weren’t around for the last one, its high school duel monsters, except set in a post apocalyptic arcology dome with a fake sky (hence the name). If you’ve ever played custom robo for gamecube, its similar.

2. Cardgames on motorcycles.

I love, love, love me some 5ds, and I have a ton of notes laying around from FORTUNE and other ideas. So this one would be the easiest to set up and get going. It’ll be a sequel, set X amount of years later. Limited acceptance in order to keep the workload small and plot moving fast, unfortunately (i really do hate those). PCs will become signers over the course of the plot, other newer summon types will make appearances, etc etc. You can probably expect to see some sort of novel spin on the formula, but what exactly that’ll be is still up in the air at this time, since I don’t want to 100% retread things I and other people have done before.

3. Magic: the Isekaithering

Mtg has expansive lore running back decades, and I love it to death. I know a lot of you are big fans, too, so this idea came about. The player characters are semi-pro magic players, and/or fans at a big tournament/con, who are all isekai’d into the mtg multiverse as planeswalkers via some kind of, well, magic, with all of their knowledge of the game and its lore intact. The possibility for altering the plot of past blocks, as well as riffing on magic and card game tropes in general, will exist. I have it envisioned as somewhat lighthearted, but depending on what people want to go for I’m very willing to make adjustments to the plot and tone to do something more serious.

4. Yughioh’s bizzare adventure/Exiles 2: electric boogaloo

A redux of my very first rp on ycm literally ever. Apologies for the textwall. Essentially taking the notion that a character’s deck in ygo anime is their stand as literally as possible, with inspiration from digimon and a classic anime called orguss thrown in. The basics: monsters from ygo (called exiles) and all of the varying card storylines, art, events, et all, are real, and exist in alternate dimensions, collectively called the spirit world, that reflect the emotions and imaginations of humanity. Something happened during a duel monsters world championship that overlaid every one of these dimensions onto ours, which caused the apocalypse and drastically altered the reality and makeup of the world.

The conciet, in a shellnut, Is that Cards can now be tied to the creatures/objects/locations they represent, as well as a duelist, to essentially become that duelist’s stand, jojo style. Using those cards as summon materials, or generally doing gameplay things to them, causes those effects to become as real as the monster, who may or may not be willingly partnered with that duelist. People don’t usually play duel monsters with rules anymore- they fight using this effect instead. Your monster-stand will change forms when used for summons, card effects played on it become literal effects, and when it dies so do you. Plot wise, the world is getting worse and soon won’t be able to support human life, and the cast will be instrumental in turning that around.

5. Something comepletely different!

I have other ideas floating around for a yugioh rp too, but none as fully developed as the above. Little bit of sports anime here, some saving the world there. If none of the above sound fun, but you still wanna do some yugimons with ya boi zai, I can concoct something entirely new.

if any of these strikes your fancy, let me know! Or, come to the discord server I’ve got set up for this and do it there. Whichever works for you!

Before I go into that though, just a quick tidbit to adress what I’m sure is gonna be the first thing that comes to mind when a lot of you see that I’m hosting an rp again: is Zai gonna post? Short answer: Almost certainly. I’ve got a fairly set schedule these days, and while I’m not gonna outright promise anything, since I’d rather not make a liar of myself, I do have a block of time set aside every monday after 5 pm est specifically for this, and a better grasp on my ability to juggle projects and other things. A post a week is what I’m giving, and also what I’m (nicely, with no pressure) asking. So if you’re ok with all of that, welcome aboard! Its good to be back.
Edited by Zai