Zai

Yu-Gi-Oh! Skies [IC/PG-16]

MM6dyYE.png?1

After meeting up with everyone, Jun looked over to Kyouko as Melissa pointed out that she had a bat. "Oh, did we have a bat in our room? None of us are really baseball players though, but..." Jun tried to remember if they had any such thing in their room. Shrugging, the girl simply smiled and gave a sleeve covered thumbs up towards her roommate. "Well, where she got it doesn't really matter. What matters is, that it suits you perfectly! Good choice of weapon Koko!" 

It was then that Gabby made her suggestion about what to do. Jun took a moment to process what it was Gabby was saying. It wasn't as though it was hard to understand. In fact, the girl couldn't have been more clear. However, it took Jun a moment to realize there was no eccentricities in the way Gabby spoke to decipher through that it more tripped her up then anything else. However, as a moment of silence and thinking on the plan they had, the girl had a wide smile grow on her face as she started to burst out laughing. "That's a pretty risky plan you've got there, Princess." She seemed to crack herself up even further before settling saying, "well, it's not like we have anything better to try right? And maybe they can even help tell us what's going on if, like bones can talk or something. So sure, let's show these monsters your imperial charisma or something or other, Gabby! Koko!" She looked to her roommate saying, "we need to get there first, so be sure to take the lead! You're the one with the attack points right now." The girl pointed to Kyouko's bat, before cracking up at her own bad joke. 

Beth giggled, "Cute? Mate they're flying beasts with claws sharp as knives, the lot of them." She took a sip from her tea and then looked back at him, "Heavens, next you're going to tell me you fancy the harpies for their unitards and favorable busts."

Her ribbing of Yushiro was quickly curbed, however, by the sight of what appeared to be a duel monster. Perplexed, certainly, but more than anything she felt anxiety by the sight. What was more concerning was the familiar hue of duel space washing over the surrounding area.

"Wait, Yushiro, I don't think you shou-" As was always the case in Elizabeth's life, she was far too late to warn him. The animal exploded, launching Yushiro back and causing Elizabeth to gasp and drop everything in her hands. She looked around: they were swarmed by the things.

"What the f^#( is happening?!" Elizabeth wanted to run over, but they were both being closed in by the things rather quickly. Thinking fast, Beth opened up her breakfast and began calling the creatures, hoping to attract them with the sight and scent of a potential meal,

"Here you bloody rodents! Chase the food!" She chucked the muffin and other delicacies into the bushes, causing at least the pack nearest them to inquire about the new sustenance. Beth ran over to Yushiro in a hurry, choosing to survey the damage.

"You look hurt, can you walk at all? We have to get out of here." She whipped her head back and forth, panicked. Rather than waiting around, she took action, "Oh, forget it. Hold on."

Elizabeth helped Yushiro to a sitting position, standing in front of him in order to pull his arms over her shoulder and crossed across her chest. She then pulled him forward, likely causing some sort of distress on his ankles, until she could slightly squat and use her hips to drive him up on to her back. She was slightly hunched as she wasn't that much taller than him, but it was enough that she could at least carry him to safety for a good while.

"My father taught my brother and I this a long time ago when we used to go on our fishing trips. I always used to chaff him for wasting perfectly good fishing time, I suppose I owe him an apology. Just hang tight, let us try and get you to safety." Beth tried to just keep talking to do what she does best: avoid the reality of an emergency, at least until they were in a place that appeared safe. Or if nothing else, less densely populated by monsters. Upon spotting a tree some thirty paces away, Beth quickly hobbled over and laid Yushiro against it gently, now taking a closer look at his legs.

"Christ. You look burnt to a crisp. What even was that?! It looks like the whole bloody campus is covered in duel space. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen my fair share of insane moments in this blasted school." She rummaged through the bag she had Yushiro slumped over, seeing if she had any form of first aid supplies; no dice. She grabbed her phone: tons of messages from various friends or group chats relaying similar strange happenings, along with a... was that hitomu taking a selfie with a reflection of himself??

Beth groaned and put her phone away; she would have to take care of Hitomu later. She looked back at Yushiro, "Can you stand, mate? We should get you to the infirmary. Those burns look pretty rough. Hopefully we can dodge all these monsters on the way and figure out what the hell is going on later. This is sort of scary, innit?" She looked around, trying to keep low, waiting for Yushiro's response instead of simply acting odd her own accord, which she had done to this point simply out of sheer panic. Elizabeth was adept at dodging the reality of a situation, but she wasn't daft; she felt real danger happening around her, and wanted to get out as fast as her and Yushiro could come up with a plan.

mqYjeXr.png

"Look on the bright side. You just got out of having to admit to your girlfriend that you're into monster girls in tight clothes." Supremely un-helpful ribbing from Zetsuei. The perfect icing on top of Yushiro's burn-cake.

"You look hurt, can you walk at all? We have to get out of here."  A moment later though, Liz was standing over him, looking worriedly from side to side. Yushiro was still in a bit of a daze (and the pain wasn't helping things, either), so he didn't respond right away. "Oh, forget it. Hold on." The next thing he knew, she was carrying him, and in a few moments they were elsewhere- under a nearby tree. He winced as Elizabeth put him down.

"Duel space rarely if ever covers this wide of an area, Yushiro. You would need a very large number of duels going on concurrently for this to happen, which means...."

"Christ. You look burnt to a crisp. What even was that?! It looks like the whole bloody campus is covered in duel space. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen my fair share of insane moments in this blasted school."

"Yeah... it really stings." He finally managed to say. "I dunno where the monsters are coming from, but the only way for the whole campus to get covered in duel space like this is if somebody turned on a lot of duel discs at once. They might have hacked a bunch of the students' somehow. You don't have yours on you do you?" He sucked his teeth and winced again as the breeze picked up slightly and his burns, well... burned. "I'd check mine, but I don't usually take it with me to class."

"Can you stand, mate? We should get you to the infirmary. Those burns look pretty rough. Hopefully we can dodge all these monsters on the way and figure out what the hell is going on later. This is sort of scary, innit?" Liz still seemed to be a little panicked. Fantastic.

"I can walk, and I'll be fine." He lied. His legs killed, but he didn't want Liz to worry even more. Besides, wasn't he trying to toughen up? "I dunno if we can make it all the way to the infirmary with me slowing us down, though. Might be better if-"

"hhhwwwahh!"

The reverberating cry startled him, and Yushiro looked up just in time to have a familiar looking winged mitre hat drift down onto his face, followed by a white puffball who had suddenly lost his ability to fly in the tree branches above. Both rolled off his head and onto the ground, and Yushiro sneezed. Kuribohrn quickly recovered his headdress (and dignity) and floated back up so that he was more level with both of their faces, doing his priestly entrance pose with all the gravitas he had probably intended for his entrance to begin with.

"hhhwwwah-wahhhh!"

"Hey, I know you. You're in my deck! You helped me win my duel the other day!" The little fiend nodded in the affirmative. "D...do you think you can help us out here?"

--------------------

"Yoyoyoyo! Lookz like we got some bad bitchez up in here boyz!"

Before the girls could exit the bathroom, the door had opened, and three- well they weren't exactly boys- walked in. And they certainly weren't polite.

"Heheh, brah, which one ya wanz?" The snively one in the baseball cap spoke up.

"Yo man, show a little decorum." The tall one wearing a wife beater replied. "We'z here to showz em a good time, not scare em half to death- don't want em lookin like uz! Now drop da beat!"

"Oh yeahhhhhhh." Baseball Cap agreed, and started beatboxing, while the leader wearing the hoodie and the beanie stepped forward.

"Now here's the deal, before y'all squeal." he rapped, while Wifebeater began to freestyle breakdance in plain view. "We'z the D-boyz and now we'z real. Bitchez aint where ya zupposzed to be, and that shitz quite irksome.. to me. Zo if ya all want, to get on out, youz gonna have to win thiz hip-hop bout." Wifebeater stopped mid-headstand as Hoodie paused, keeping perfect time.

"Check it." said Baseball cap, before he went back to the beat.

But if ya lose, then I gotz ta zay, you girlz iz gonna be our, uhh..." Hoodie put a devilish smile on his face. "Datez... today."

MM6dyYE.png?1

As the group was ready to make their way out of the bathroom, they were accosted by a group of monster, zombie, boy things. Jun cringed almost immediately as they started speaking, but soon was just nothing short of annoyed at their proposition. Sighing at this, the girl turned her to hat to the side as she walked up, holding her hand back out to gesture the girls to stay back. "Really, all you want is a date? Well, that's a problem 'cause you're just a bit late. See, our plans for today are already spoken for, but we're a great group of girls so I can see why you'd adore. After all..."

As Jun paused, inexplicably a beat started to play behind her as she glared at the monsters. 

"We got a princess of darkness and her skeleton posse. Servants of the skull and all creepy crawlies. Imperial authority that'll send you to the floor as their boney little hands throw you straight out the door and see." 

"Civil servant and god's little chosen. The real deal  - a darklord that ain't posin'. Entertainer, spitting gospel and verse - send you straight to kingdom come to show you who's the worst."

"Dark Knight of the squad, true villain on the scene. The menace of the water, a shark bites through you clean. Packing heat with her bat and her teeth, making sure with the fishes is where you will sleep." 

"And me. I'm the captain of this bunch, it's leader. Dragon of the river and whatever you fear so. Look to the stars and join its wellspring of souls cause there's no point in trying once this girl's on a roll. You pick a fight, with all of us here? Well, you better weep and break out into tears. 'Cause your heart is a joke and your words make me choke. Tripped up, bow down, ready to kiss my feet. 'Cause now you know you're messing with Blue Yonder's Elite. Think you're clever with a name like D-Boyz? Ha! Don't make me laugh, it's more like D-stroyed." 

Jun crossed her arms, sending them both out to the side as she finished. Nodding her head, she said, "alright you can hit them now." 

6kzOarD.png

The plan - if it could be called one - was very simple. The girls leave the bathroom, find some skeletons the runt had had a run-in with earlier, and... she'd convince them to join her or something? As much as she wasn't sure if that was possible, it wasn't like every duel monster had been hostile. After all, one of them sold her a baseball bat.

"We need to get there first, so be sure to take the lead! You're the one with the attack points right now."

"Got it. If you'll just follow me, then--"

"Yoyoyoyo! Lookz like we got some bad bitchez up in here boyz!"

Just what Kyouko wanted to see. More guests. Three "boys" had blocked the exit, demanding that the girls... beat them in a rap battle? Either they beat these boys at their own game and wasted their damn time, or lost and had to become their dates. Sounded like a lose-lose scenario to Kyouko. Jun had - in a pretty solid set of rhymes - taken the initiative. But was it really necessary to rap it out with these guys? After all, Kyouko was right here, armed with a bat. It seemed to be a recurring trend that all the duel monsters around here were rather weak, so surely it wouldn't take much to knock these guys out.

"Alright you can hit them now."

"It's like you read my mind." Where had that beat come from, though? Whatever. Kyouko started toward the boys, bat in hand. "I don't like getting violent, but I'm sorry to say, this is an emergency, and you're IN MY WAY!" Kyouko punctuated her statement with a swing of the bat aimed at the wifebeater boy's head. A swing he ducked under just in time though, allowing the bat to instead slam into the bathroom wall, knocking some tiles out entirely and cracking a few others near the point of impact. Followed by a downward swing, aimed at the same boy. Who had time to play at rap battling when they could just decide they won anyway? Knocking them out was way faster.

f8OzT6y.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

Souji reached the area the three D-HEROs separated, immediately moving towards the direction Disk Commander went. Soon he'd find his target, Disk Commander seeming to corner a few random students, definitely terrorizing them with his disks. He began to move towards the monster, beginning to take out his Duel Disk, slipping it on his wrist and having the white and purple energy blade spring to life.

If these monsters are popping out here and it's being treated as Duel Space...then this should work no problem. he thought, immediately inserting the deck into the Duel Disk, before taking out one card. "Showtime...Phantom Magician, help me out here!"

As Disk Commander prepared to attack the students, his advances were halted quickly by the emergence of Phantom Magician, it's scepter clashing against Disk Commander's disk blades, eventually pushing him back away from the students...simply raising one of it's bony fingers, shaking it side to side.

"HEY! Unless you all want to be attacked again by this thing, I'd suggest you get the hell out of dodge!" Souji shouted, moving behind Phantom Magician, pointing with his thumb to tell the students to more or less just get away from here. Once they left, he simply turned around, adjusting his tie and hat as he looked at Disk Commander who simply stood there seeming quite upset. "Sorry buddy, but this hero isn't putting up with someone like you trying to pass out their shitty mixtapes!"

Disk Commander seemed to be furious at this comment and rushed towards the young man and Phantom Magician, raising it's arms to prepare to slash at them with it's disk blades

"Hmph, dunno when your just done, huh?" Souji asked, slowly lowering his hat over his eyes as he turned his back on the two monsters. "Phantom Magician, take him out. Phantom Force!" Phantom Magician only let out a ghostly grunt, twirling it's scepter around it's hand before launching a heavy attack straight at the D-HERO, it exploding into what could only be described as a heroic fanfare that resulted in the monster disappearing from the area, with Phantom Magician vanishing along with it.

Souji almost cursed at this moment and opportunity for one hell of an image being wasted right there, but he figured he could always replicate that another time in an actual Duel. Nevertheless, Souji's guess about the Duel Space thing worked out...and now, that meant only Dreamer remained.

Gabby wasn't sure which was more baffling. The strange appearance of these fiends that had come into the bathroom or their manner of speech? Was this some other language? If it was it seemed Jun knew what they were speaking and had responded back in turn.

The girl looked over to Melissa to be sure, once again, that she wasn't the only one shocked and confused by all of this. Then it hit her that perhaps she could use this as a chance to get out of the bathroom. Even if she couldn't run away, and leave the others behind, surely it would be safer than in here with...those things.

Unfortunately Jun's adapt mastery of the fiends' language didn't seem to phase them enough to get them away from the door. What did, however, was the bat-girl's assault. Gabby was starting to wonder if she enjoyed hitting things with that bat. Whatever the case it gave an opening. Gabby grabbed onto Melissa's arm and hurried past them and out into the hallway. Cries of "Yo yo where's the fire, shawty" following her out.

Gabby pressed against the windowed wall at the end of the hallway and took a few deep breaths. She was scared that much was certain. And it wasn't as if they were in all that better a position now. "Should we...try and get help?" Gabby asked Melissa. Though as she looked down the hall her heart sank.

Approaching around the corner were a small group of Skull Servants. Teeth chattering as they meandered into the hallway and, upon spotting the two of them, the chattering intensified. They started making their way directly towards the girls. Gabby's grip tightened as she watched. What were they going to do now?

She looked over at Melissa and she remembered her foolish suggestion from before. Were these really things that could be reasoned with?

But was there really any other choice? She didn't think she had the strength to try and run past them and even if she did the others would be in much worse position. So she took another deep breath and said to Melissa. "H-hold still. I'm...going to try...something." She said.

Then she stepped out into the middle of the hall and planted her feet firmly on the floor. Placing one hand on her hip she pointed with her other towards the approaching skeletons. It was now or never. She had been practicing for this since she arrived here. It was time to see if it was worth the effort.

Gabriela, Princess of Darkness!

"Cease your movements lowly minions of skull!" Gabriela said, her tone more commanding than before. "You dare approach me, Gabriela Von Draculesti, in such a manner? I am the princess of all things dark, the royal heir to the throne of evil! You are but a footstool before me! I hereby command you to bend your knee and grovel for forgiveness!"

There was a pause. A painful, fearful, pause where Gabby was sure they were about to attack her. But then, with a cracking noise, they got down on one knee and bowed her heads. "It actually worked." She muttered, her voice softer and more meek than before. Then she shook her head. "Good, now if you truly want to be forgiven for your crimes you shall free my servants from those miserable fiends." She flung her arm to the side and pointed into the bathroom.

The Skull Servants then got up and continued forward. As they passed her by Gabby trembled slightly but they merely moved on and towards the entrance to the men's bathroom.

Okay! Maybe they were getting somewhere. Gabby guessed that she could talk to skeletons and Kyouko had a bat and that was basically halfway to a plan already. Maybe the skeletons knew. They were monsters, after all. They were a part of this. Or maybe skeletons couldn’t talk, what, with their lack of tongues and everything. But having more to work with would be useful.

But unfortunately, speaking of monsters, the bathroom suddenly became significantly more crowded as three monstrous individuals sauntered their way into the restroom. Melissa shrunk back; she instinctively knew where this was going. What she didn’t expect, though, was the exact method of approach: hip-hop, and bad hip-hop at that.

Not that she was, like, a connoisseur or anything like that. A few albums had been thrust upon her growing up in a “you like Christian stuff so here’s Christian Rap” sort of way and she’d really only listened to be polite. It wasn’t for her, that was all. But now the choices were either go on a date with… what? Or rap? Neither was great. Obviously, the latter was preferable, but expecting her to come up with something on the fly like that?

Now please excuse me, I’m not much of a lyricist
Something you can tell if you are being empiricist

was really all she had in terms of cute rhymes to use. And they weren’t really that cute. But, fortunately, while Melissa was searching for follow-up rhymes (something with clouds? Cirruses?) Jun stepped forward.

Really, all you want is a date?
Well, that’s a problem ‘cause you’re just a bit late
See our plans for today are already spoken for
But we’re a great group of gals so I can see why you’d adore

Much better than anything she could come up with. Who was even making a beat, though? It didn’t matter. Jun ended with a pretty good mic drop of “You can hit them now,” too, which, while Melissa wasn’t exactly the biggest fan of violence, these were extenuating circumstances. Through Kyouko, Melissa even felt a little bit of catharsis. She actually felt better than she had been before; they could actually do this. Do what, she wasn’t really sure yet, but it was a good feeling to have.

The following sensation, of being grabbed by the arm and dragged out of the restroom was less nice. She didn’t exactly fight it, but it was still a feeling of being jerked around. But Gabby was the one doing the pulling, and Melissa trusted her to do what she thought was best.

As soon as they were out, though, it almost went the other way around. “Should we… try to get help?” Gabby said. Now she was trusting her.

What was Melissa’s answer? “Of course!” Well, she didn’t say “of course,” or at least not like that. It was more of a “We really should.” But, like, it really was a question with only one answer. And just because she didn’t know exactly how to go about it didn’t make it any less true. She glanced around like there was supposed to be anyone else around. There wasn’t. But when her gaze returned to Gabby, her eyes were wide and staring down the hall. When Melissa followed her gaze, she saw a large drudge of skeletons. And the skeletons were coming their way.

Melissa didn’t scream. Her flight-or-fight response was stuck between running away and making sure no further harm came to the girls still in the bathroom. What if the skeletons went in there after she’d done nothing to stop them? But at the same time, they were skeletons! She’d already run from Mokey Mokey, what else was she going to do here?

“Hold still. I’m going to try something.”

Try what? What was there to try? Kyouko was the only one with a weapon, and she was a door and a trio of thugs away. What could they possibly-

“Cease your movements, lowly servants of skull! You dare approach me, Gabriela Von Draculesti, in such a manner?”

With these words David sharply rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way.
-1 Samuel 24:7 (NIV)

It worked! The skeletons -- the Skull Servants -- were hanging on Gabby’s every word, and she ordered (using some rather ambiguous language, Melissa couldn’t help but note) them into the restroom to help with the brawl inside.

Though they were seemingly safe now, Melissa didn’t let herself exhale until all the skeletons had crossed the threshold to the restroom. There were one- no, two things to do now. The first was to hug Gabby. No words necessary there, just one long and tight until she’d managed to calm down for the other thing.

The other thing was thinking about what just happened. Gabby had said she could control skull servants, and she did. But wasn’t that how duel space worked anyway? If you had a strong enough will and you were dueling, couldn’t you just create a space around you that was representative of you? And even if you weren't, isn’t that what summoned the beat Jun rapped to?

Hadn’t been Hitomu’s application of duel space been one of the things that had brought Gabby and her together in the first place?

Is that what Souji had been going on about when it came to getting used to duel space?

An idea formed in Melissa’s head. It wasn’t even a “what do we do next?” idea, but one fully-formed and, while it probably couldn’t fix everything, it at least could help make things a little safer and a whole lot nicer.

I have an idea.” Yes, she had to say it out loud, first. That was step one. “It needs some duel disks maybe, and I don’t have mine on me, uh, the first hurdle is getting those, but then the only other thing we need is a whole bunch of people. Can you help me with that?

Edited by radio414

EGWCLdk.png

Elizabeth was not amused. Her look read somewhere between "confused" and "are you s***ting me right now?" but as her ever-blossoming significant other- significant other? Date? Elizabeth shook off the thought; now was not the time for tripping over titles. As her ever-blossoming significant other started to play around with yet another duel monster that had appeared, Beth started to craft a plan. In situations like this, she always liked to lean on a combination of wits and experience to get her through to the other side of things. However, much like her lack of experience with the other major occurrences in her life the past few years, she was at a bit of a loss on how to approach this one. Surely this wasn't just ADMIN's doing?

"Yushiro, where do you think all of this is coming from? I mean, have you ever seen something like this? I mean in my four years here, I've never had such a situation. And have you noticed they all appear to be level one monsters?" Elizabeth looked up; even the clouds had begun to take the form of duel monsters, which was fairly ironic, given the source material. She reached down into her bag, grabbing her lighter and cigarette box. Normally, she wouldn't be caught dead smoking in front of Yushiro or in the middle of campus, but when things have gone "tits up" as her mum would say, you don't pay much mind to the rules that normally apply.

Well, he was going to figure it out some time, my perfume isn't that strong.

Elizabeth took a drag from her cigarette and puffed smoke into the air, "Are you finish playing with that thing? As much fun as it is to wait around and see what pops up next, I can't help but feel like something bigger, nastier, and probably not any friendlier, is coming. That and... I don't have any level one monsters in my deck. I'm not sure if that matters, but it certainly couldn't help. We either need to get you to the infirmary, or to the duel team office; there are some duel disks there. If we're going to be in duel space I at least want to be able to protect myself, and I left mine back at the flat." she gestured to the walkway that travels through the center of campus; there were monsters traversing it almost like students in the middle of the day. Then again, there weren't many spaces at all where monsters weren't traversing the campus. What they were looking for was unclear, but Elizabeth had no intentions on finding out.

"Whenever you're ready."

---

Ashley_Rendleman.jpg

"EEEEEEEEEK! WHAT IS THAT THING?!" Ashley leaped away, cowering in the corner as the gigantic, slimy monster crawled ever closer to her. She began to sob, praying to whatever was out there that something would come and save her from the beast that sought to trap her and devour her flesh piece by piece. But nothing was coming. This would surely spell the end for our brave, beautiful, intrepid, fearless, intelligent, and humble class president, and as she waited for the end to come-

*PSSST*

The shower head hit a hitch, causing water to spray all over the walls. Ashley yelped, but she fared off much better than the spider, which was swept away by the water and down the drain. She smiled, thanking the shower head silently for saving her life, "That was a close one! Now where was I? Oh, that's right. It's time for some conditioner. Ashley finished her shower in peace, no longer fearing beasts of all shapes, sizes, and number of limbs. She quickly bounced out and got dressed into her outfit for the day, taking time as she normally does to brush her hair, do her makeup, inspect that one suspicious looking bump that might turning into a zit. You know, the normal stuff. It was pretty much an average day for the class president, and nothing would change that-

"OH MY GOD?!Ashley rushed over to her bed to see her phone buzzing up a storm! She must have left it in the bedroom while she went to shower!! Think of all the gossip she may have just missed! Ashley cursed herself repeatedly, scrambling to get back to the notifications and emails as fast as she could.

"Phew! Another close one!" She grabbed her messenger bag that she kept all her binders, folders, laptop, and other school essentials in and made her way to campus. Her walk was fairly mundane; after all, this was just another day at Blue Yonder Academy, and in reality-

"THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!" Ashley scrambled through her bag in dismay; she forgot her blue sunglasses! She was wearing blue today! She can't be found walking around with green sunglasses!! It was a total fashion nightmare!

"My whole day is ruined." Ashley pouted her whole way to the student council office, sending Elizabeth a stream of grumpy texts to let her know how awful her day has been since she woke up. After setting her stuff down, she looked up from her desk to find a large, lumbering man, easily 6 feet tall and ripped, standing in front of her.

Ashley glared, as she was clearly not entertained, "Cosplay contest submissions aren't for another week and half, and you need to make an appointment with me, you can't just walk right into my office. Come back at 11, would you? I haven't had the best morning."

The monster grumbled, making some gibberish noises that barely registered in Ashley's ears.

"What? Yeah yeah fine here's your late pass. Just tell your teacher you were bringing up fundraising ideas and lost track of time. Now please, come back at 11. I've got a lot of emails to get back to!"

The monster looked puzzled, and simply turned around and left, more confused by human behavior than the very nature by which he appeared. Ashley looked up and checked out the monster's butt on the way out.

"Damn. Should have gotten his number first. Hopefully he comes back."

Edited by Cappuccijoe

"Zo youz think you can buzt a rhyme and throw down. Aight. But check thi-"

"Yo, Bozz" The sound of a record scratching echoed throughout the hall as the boss stopped and looked at Baseball Cap, who had tapped him boss on the shoulder.

"Whatz you tryna do, yo? Youz throwin off my flo-oh." It was now plainly obvious what had caught his attention: Wifebeater was on the floor, a giant dent in his skull where Kyoko had smashed him with her bat. And then, to make matters even worse, there were skeletons shambling in, and one of them began to drag Wifebeater out of the doorway for some nefarious purpose.

"One verse and they already got Freddy! Bozz grab hiz gangly azz and letz go!" And with that, Baseball Cap was out the door in a cartoonish cloud of dust, leaving the leader to slowly back off while the skull servants were distracted doing horrible things to his friend.

"Yo, thiz ain't ova. Remembuh dat." And with that, he was gone too. Even the Skull Servants, with their expressionless bones, seemed far less than amused by all of this once they noticed, and took it out on their current victim with additional gusto- chunks of the fiendish beatboxer flying all over the hall and making overly gross sounding splat noises as they tore him apart. Thankfully, he was already mostly dead to begin with, so there was no blood to go with the entrails.

mqYjeXr.png

"Yushiro, where do you think all of this is coming from? I mean, have you ever seen something like this? I mean in my four years here, I've never had such a situation. And have you noticed they all appear to be level one monsters?"

"Ouch. She barely listened to you at all."

Yushiro let out an audible groan, but otherwise didn't say anything. Mentally or otherwise. He and Kuribohrn (who made quite the show of coughing when she blew smoke at him) gave her a minute to take a puff of her cigarette.

"Are you finish playing with that thing? As much fun as it is to wait around and see what pops up next, I can't help but feel like something bigger, nastier, and probably not any friendlier, is coming. That and... I don't have any level one monsters in my deck. I'm not sure if that matters, but it certainly couldn't help. We either need to get you to the infirmary, or to the duel team office; there are some duel disks there. If we're going to be in duel space I at least want to be able to protect myself, and I left mine back at the flat."

"Hmmmmmwah." Kuriborhn let out a rather agitated... whatever it was the noise kuribohs made was called. He clearly didn't like the insinuation that he was here to play. As if to accentuate the point, he fluttered up to Yushiro's head and landed in his hair, placed his claws together as if in prayer, and did... something. Yushiro couldn't see it, but if Liz cared to notice she'd witness him using what appeared to be a spell, since he started glowing.

"Whenever you're ready."

The pain in Yushiro's legs started to fade, and he stood up, much more easily this time.  "Guess I'm ready." He gave Elizabeth a smile and took her hand. "Duel Team office. I actually have an idea."

----------

The trek to the duel team office was, thankfully, uneventful (other than Kuribohrn giving Elizabeth a sideways look or two from atop Yushiro's head every now and again). When the group arrived there, however, they saw yet another series of obstacles in their way. Ugly ones. They were clustered around the building as if guarding it. Perhaps they'd claimed it as their territory? OR worse, they were under the thrall of something stronger. Shouldn't rule anything out yet.

"Fungi of the Musk? Really?" Yushiro sighed as he peeked out from behind a bush. "Those evil mushroom things can melt you- assuming the flavor text on that card is correct. If we wanna get inside, we'll have to either distract em or clear them out. Got any ideas?" He looked at Elizabeth expectantly, hoping maybe she'd have something.

6kzOarD.png

Well, how about that. It worked. Aside from Kyouko scaring off the thugs with her display, it seemed that the skeletons pipsqueak had mentioned earlier were willing to listen to her. That was the immediate issue taken care of. But there was still the problem of the rest of the campus. Plenty of these duel monsters - some hostile, some less so - were running about causing chaos. And frankly, Kyouko wasn't sure she could just knock them all out with a bat.

I have an idea. It needs some duel disks maybe, and I don’t have mine on me, uh, the first hurdle is getting those, but then the only other thing we need is a whole bunch of people. Can you help me with that?

Rounding up duel disks for another mystery plan?

Well, it was a better shot than any plan Kyouko didn't have. "Sure." Gathering the duel disks sounded easy enough. People slightly less so. Or maybe that was just her. People tended not to show up when Kyouko asked them to meet her somewhere later. But this soft-spoken girl wasn't Kyouko. They'd listen to her, maybe.

If they could hear her, anyway.

"Mine's in my room. I'm guessing you all left yours in your rooms, too?"

MM6dyYE.png?1

Jun simply stood there giving a nod as the brutality of both a bat and skeleton army thwarted the trio of loser monsters that had come here. As the last of them ran away, the girl said, "yeah, I'm sure I'll remember your funeral!" Looking with great annoyance at the two fiends, the girl then looked back towards everyone else, smiling brightly. Giving a covered thumbs up to everyone she said, "good job gang!" 

It was then that Melissa had brought up some kind of plan that involved them having duel disks. The girl put her sleeve to her chin as she thought about it. She had a good idea she knew what Melissa needed them for, but was greatly curious about what the girl was actually planning on doing. So, with a smile on her face she said, "of course! I'll help with whatever plan you come up with 'Lissa. And as for our duel disks, well. Ufufu." Pulling one of her sleeves up, the girl revealed her duel disk hiding underneath it saying, "I'm not the vice-captain of the Duel Team for nothing!"

"Eep" was the noise Gabby let out when Melissa hugged her. In part due to the tightness of the hug but mostly because the girl was still reeling from her plan having worked. She couldn't look directly as the skeletons went to work, despite the rather cartoonish appearance of the carnage, but when they were done the skeletons left the bathroom to group up behind Gabby.

When she started towards the bathroom they skeletons began to follow. When she stopped so did they. So she just hovered outside of the bathroom. Waiting for the others to come out.

It needs some duel disks maybe, and I don’t have mine on me, uh, the first hurdle is getting those, but then the only other thing we need is a whole bunch of people. Can you help me with that?

Duel disks...did Melissa mean to duel the monsters? She supposed it made just as much sense as her wild plan had. Plus if worked that way then perhaps she could bring out something more....impressive than the Skull Servants.

The bat girl mentioned having her disk in her room and Gabby remembered that hers was, as well, laying on the desk by her bed at the moment. "Same...I didn't think I would need it for classes."

She was surprised, but impressed, to discover Jun had been carrying hers around all day. Wow, what kind of sleeves were those!

Gabby stopped herself from praising Jun, worried the skeletons would notice something odd if she continued to talk normal again, and coughed. "Ah, I am glad to discover one of my...followers has thought ahead. Very well then let us gather up the rest of the disks!" She half-turned towards her horde of skeletons and nodded to herself. "Forces of darkness, come, protect me and these three from any threat that tries to stop us from our goal! We march!"

The Skull Servants chattered and, as the group came out into the hall, moved into two small groups at the front and back of them.

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.
-Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)

Okay.

Kyouko had a bat, Jun had her duel disk, and Gabby could command these skull servants, but that left Melissa with the worst part: the coordinating part. The people-gathering part. And outside of a few text messages she could send, she wasn’t exactly sure how she was supposed to do that. So she ignored it. It was still going to be a necessary ingredient, but there were other things to focus on at the moment. Like getting more disks. Jun’s wasn’t going to be enough, and Kyouko had guessed correctly -- she’d left hers in her room.

What was next in terms of that part of the plan? Melissa tried to figure out the best path, stretching from where they were now, Gabby and her dorms, and where they needed to end up, and she wasn’t even sure where they were supposed to end up! It needed to be open, she knew that much, or it at least needed to be able to support a couple dozen people. Maybe only a few needed to be there at the start?

But now she was thinking about the people part again! And worse, now she was starting to freeze up. She had to be doing something! Anything!

Let’s- that’s a good start. Thank you, Jun,” Melissa said. “Um, we are going to need more than that, though. I was thinking, well, one for each of us at least, right? That’s four.

She was still stressed, but talking kept her mind off it at the moment (which really in itself was an odd feeling). “I guess we should go to my dorm first? Just in case- um, there’s some other stuff I can grab there too that might help.

It was enough of a start to get things moving, at least. Gabby commanded the Skull Servants onward, and off they went.

The walk helped. The fact that it was even a walk at all was what really did it. There was significantly less fear involved when they had an army of skeletons following them around, and that gave Melissa a little bit more time to think. Really, any open space was probably good enough, right? There wasn’t a need to pick the “best one”; she just needed somewhere to say it was safe to meet. Without that pressure, she actually managed to pick one pretty easily. After that, all she had to do was send out another flurry of texts.

If you can, meet in the field just outside Taylor Hall in thirty minutes. It’ll be safe there.

She showed it to the girls travelling with her. “Can you send this out too?” she said. “I’m sure you know people I don’t.

Melissa could imagine a million reasons why people wouldn’t show up. They could be just like her, hiding in a room somewhere, refusing to budge until somebody gave an all-clear. They could simply not trust the instructions of a random number in their phone. They could even just not be paying attention. All of these options were clearly demonstrated in the Community Service Chat.

lol who is this
Not moving seems like the better option rn ngl
omg everyone look at this cute dog i found

Outstanding. She just had to hope they came anyway. The benefit was, if her plan worked, they would come, and the more that came, the better it would work. It was a- whatever the opposite of a vicious cycle was. A virtuous cycle? That had a nice ring to it.

Just like that, they were at her dorm. Melissa paused briefly and took a few breaths, readying herself for what came next. “Alright,” she said. “I’ll be right back. Think good thoughts for me.

Melissa had a little realization that that last bit probably seemed weird to them. But they were under a timer she’d set herself now, so all she could clarify it with was, “Yes, that’s part of the plan. Think good thoughts.” With that, she broke from the group and ran off into the building.

f8OzT6y.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

There was a bit of a stand off occurring once Souji found D-HERO Dreamer, causing some mayhem and chaos in a small area. The two stared at one another, though it was namely the young Duelist who was staring down the Duel Monster, as it didn't have a specific eye to give contact to. Nevertheless, the air seemed quite tense between these two combatants.

"Well, Dreamer..." Souji began, adjusting his hat along with his tie. "...it's the end of the line for you. Already took out Dark Angel and Disk Commander. You're all that's left. We can do this the easy way...or the hard way." he emphasized the latter option by holding up his Duel Disk as it sprung to life once again.

Kek kek kek! Quite the funny human, you crack me up! Kek kek kek! Dreamer laughed, holding his stomach as he floated in the air. Sorry, but I still want to have fun! I don't feel like stopping!

"Course you don't. Well, time for this to end." Souji smirked, beginning to walk towards Dreamer, who simply flew towards the Duelist and practically kicked him. All he ended up doing was having his feet collided with Souji's Duel Disk energy blade, having a bit of a struggle between him and the Duelist. "Getting up close and personal, huh? Well, too bad that was a bad move." As Souji spoke, beneath Dreamer's shadow sprung up a female warrior clad in ebony armor. She immediately delivered an uppercut to Dreamer's face, before pirouetting slightly with a bow. "Thank you Shadowmist. Now if you could, let's be rid of our 'friend' here."

Shadowmist nodded with another bow before rushing towards Dreamer, doing another pirouette and delivering a kick right into Dreamer's stomach. But she didn't stop there! She went from kick to punch to kick again, just attacking this D-HERO with everything she had. At the end of it, she simply delivered a powerful strike to launch Dreamer up into the air, before fading into the ground as a shadow again and then aptly disappearing.

"And that's my three...heh, that was fun." Souji said, watching the airborne Dreamer vanish from the Duel Space environment, shattering and disappearing like his two allies did. "Better see what else I can do to kind of assist around he-..." he paused, before noticing something. He recognized about a few girls from Blue Yonder...and one seemed to be the "Dark Princess" herself with what seemed to be an entourage of...Skull Servants. ...now I've officially seen everything.

With a bit of a shrug, Souji rushed in the direction of the girls, giving a bit of a whistle. "Hey!" he shouted, trying to get his attention whilst also attempting to lighten the mood. "So, how'd class go? Seemed like a real scream."

MM6dyYE.png?1

Jun followed after Melissa, pulling out her phone as the girl seemed to want to gather more people to go along with her plan. There weren't many people that Jun thought would actually go along with this thing, so she instead only opted to message a group of people who she knew would love what was happening. 

To: Duel Team Group Chat

Hey there everyone! If you want to come and Duel some Monsters, then stop by Taylor Hall in 30 minutes. We got something cooking for these hat thieves! Find us by the army of skeletons. 

"And send." With that, Jun waited to see the return messages,  before stopping by the entrance to the dorms. As Melissa seemed to get ready to go, telling them to think good thoughts for her, Jun just smiled and waved. "Good luck with your plan 'Lissa!" Looking to the other girls, she said, "well, it looks like it's just us, a bunch of skull servants and Koko's bat." As silence permeated the air for a moment, Jun looked to Gabriela and then to the skull servants jokingly asking, "think they know how to play cards?" 

Jun's ability to "think good thoughts," though, was momentarily disrupted as someone else came to greet them. Her facial expression becoming visibly annoyed as the fedora'd man made his joke, Jun simply said, "oh it's you." The girl seemed pretty dismissive of Souji before actually responding saying, "well, it's always nice to be able to skip class. But, classes don't matter right now! What does, is that we're going to save the day, and I guess since you're here you can help." She pointed to Souji's duel disk, "we're gonna need that though."

While most of them agreed to go with Melissa to her dorm it seemed that the girl with the bat, she never did get her name, was too impatient. Telling the others she wanted to make sure to get her disk, and something about her room being in the other direction, the girl ran off without a second thought. Smacking her bat across a strange, small, satellite monster on the way.

Gabby considered sending a Skull Servant with her but then realized she had no idea how they'd act without her around. Heck she still wasn't sure they weren't about to eat her at any moment. Gulping at the thought and swallowing her fear for the moment she responded to Melissa. "Very well, lead the way, we shall gather our resources with haste!"

Once there Melissa showed them a text to send to whoever they knew. Which, given that Jun was the vice-captain of the team, included all of one person. Her roommate. Who, Gabby wouldn't be surprised, was likely having the time of her life right about now. She wondered how many pictures the girl had already taken. Either way, better safe than sorry, so she made sure to send off the text as Melissa went into her room. "Ah, be careful." Gabby said before the girl vanished from sight.

Then it was just her. And Jun. And the skeletons.

"So um...ahem..." She found herself unsure what to say to the girl who looked entirely at ease. It looked as though she didn't really need to say anything, though, as a boy came up to talk to her, or rather them, soon after.

She thought she recognized him. That one guy who she had thought was rather mean. He seemed, much like Jun, entirely relaxed in this situation. How many crazy people did this school have anyway? Though she was one to talk, she realized, as she glanced at the Skull Servants.

Who...were moving. Towards Souji. With their arms outstretched. "Ah! Wait!" She called out.

Then clearing her throat she swept her arms apart. "This one is also one of my flock! He is not to be harmed, but protected, thus I command you forces of darkness!" Her words seemed to work as the skeletons stopped advancing towards him and she let out a small sigh.

There was a flapping sound and she looked up to realize that a bunch of bat-like creatures were flying above them.

The way they moved Gabby was certain that they, like the Skull Servants, were listening to what she had said. She hadn't even noticed them arrive but it seemed that her "army of darkness" had gained another few members.

She could only hope she wasn't getting in too deep. "We are preparing for a grand battle. It is my hope that you are ready for this, young knight of...this land."

There was a sort of safety in the darkness of her dorm, the kind that got Melissa to almost forget the chaos of the outside world. Sure, duel space was everywhere, and if she curled up in her bed she ran the risk of being accosted by some other Duel Monsters abomination, but the familiarity of the room and all of her things, well, it was nice. No other words were necessary; it was simply nice.

She couldn’t take it in for too long, of course. She had to keep moving. Her duel disk was in the corner where she always kept it, maintained well enough despite how seldomly she used it. Well, there was no time like the present. Her deck was there too, which was possibly important? It was a failsafe, at the very least. If things didn’t work out, a few friendlier monsters could certainly improve things. Not to mention that, despite how little she used it, grabbing a duel disk and not having a deck to go with it felt wrong somehow.

Thinking too hard about backup plans when the main plan was already underway was just as much a folly as it had been back in Gardner Hall, though. And now she was comfortable enough to recognize that. But Melissa still couldn’t help double-checking everything to make sure. She slid her duel disk onto her arm -- it was as uncomfortable as she remembered -- and powered it on.

The duel disk hummed as it constructed Melissa’s duel field. It was quiet, but against the silence of the rest of the room, it was overwhelming. Her actual field, of course, was not. It was more of a glow, really, barely extending maybe a meter or two off her body, and while it, too, was comforting, it certainly wasn’t enough.

Another flick of a switch and the hum disappeared, along with the glow it was generating. That was for later, even if “later” was still probably sooner than she thought. The thirty-minute timer she’d set for herself was now more like twenty-something, and it was only ticking down.

Some bats started poking at her window. They didn’t seem too interested in getting in, but Melissa still took it as a sign that she needed to get back to her friends. She took one final look around the room, making sure there wasn’t anything she was missing, muttered a quick prayer, and headed back out.

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on.
-Exodus 14:15 (NIV)

The group had grown since Melissa had last seen them! Souji must have seen the crowd or something, or seen her text and somehow knew where she was or whatever other reason. It didn’t matter, it was nice to see him regardless.

Melissa said, “Okay, Souji, this is the -” but wasn’t able to finish her sentence before Jun interrupted her.

“We’re going to save the day, and I guess since you’re here, you can help!”

Which was true, but given that he’d partially inspired the plan he probably wanted to know exactly how, right? Melissa tried again. “We just need to stop by Gabby’s dorm for her-

“We are preparing for a grand battle, It is my hope that you are ready for this, young knight of this land.”

Whoa, who said anything about a battle? Melissa finally managed to break through. “We’re just- we’re just doing what you said we should do, Souji. We’re getting used to duel space. I don’t know if it’s going to save the day, but I do hope it’ll help at least.

She turned to Gabby. “Second-to-last stop is your duel disk. You’re the one with the army, lead the way.

f8OzT6y.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Oh it's you. Well, it's always nice to be able to skip class. But, classes don't matter right now! What does, is that we're going to save the day, and I guess since you're here you can help. We're gonna need that though."

"Ouch! Jun, what's with that harsh dropping of 'Oh it's you'?" Souji winced a bit, shaking his head slightly. "Regardless, saving the day, huh? Well luck has to be on your side today, since that's my little specialty." A nice good ol' pat on the back was just what he needed...or was it? Souji glanced over now at the little band of Skull Servants...whooooooo seemed to not take kindly to a new visitor.

"Aw jeez. C'mon boneheads, if you don't knock it off with that look in...er...your eye sockets, I'll have your skulls rolling down the rest of the way!"

"Ah! Wait! This one is also one of my flock! He is not to be harmed, but protected, thus I command you forces of darkness!"

As expected, Gabriella was going...over the top with this "Princess of Darkness" or whatever she said when she first introduced herself during that Hitomu Duel. Regardless, he noticed the Skull Servants listened to her, so that definitely meant that she had power over them...maybe.

"We are preparing for a grand battle. It is my hope that you are ready for this, young knight of...this land."

"Knight huh? Like the sound of that." he smirked, actually for once thinking that maybe Gabriella's grandiose style of being a bit...was pompous the word...regardless, he was beginning to like that she referred to him as a knight, rather than some peasant, fairly certain she called him that once already. However, now his attention turned to Melissa, who was now speaking to get her point across, clearly being interrupted by the other two...was that a thing?

We’re just- we’re just doing what you said we should do, Souji. We’re getting used to duel space. I don’t know if it’s going to save the day, but I do hope it’ll help at least.

Now this both surprised Souji but at the same time, made him smile. Someone was taking his advice about this? Now he definitely needed that pat on the back. "Hehe, well then. I'm glad to see that you took my advice to heart there, Melissa. Heh, you'll definitely make a fine Entertainment Duelist with that thought process...though less second guessing yourself there. Remember, with Duel Space, you have to really focus and believe it...it's all within the power of your imagination...least that's what one of those in depth look at Duel Space documentaries said..."

MM6dyYE.png?1

Jun rolled her eyes at Souji saying that day saving was his specialty, but didn't say anything more on that. She as well snickered a bit as the Skull Servants seemed to antagonize him. Once that was all said and done, though, Melissa came back and elaborated a bit more as to what he plan was. Jun was curious how specifically she was going to use duel space to stop this little invasion, but figured it was better to be left in suspense for now. Looking at the group she said, "well, we got a Captain, a Hero, a Dark Empress, and the girl of the hour herself." Jun pointed towards Melissa before pointing towards Gabby, "so there isn't anything that can stop us from getting your duel disk. Onwards!" 

EGWCLdk.png

Elizabeth nodded, "Sounds like a good enough plan to me." she took another drag from her cigarette, "Although I won't imagine it will be any less eventful. Say, do you think this means exams are cancelled this morning?"

Elizabeth was largely quiet on the walk; stress had a strange effect on Elizabeth. When you live under such a thick blanket of stress as a normal function, particularly stressful situations almost seem to have less of an effect than every day life. At least, that was how she felt. In a way, she was disassociated so far away from what she considered the be the core of her person that anything pushing her even further away felt like it had brought her closer in reality, like maybe breaking through the glass ceiling of stress would actually bring her to the floor she fell through when her life fell apart.

Hmph. I should write that one down. She thought to herself. She occasionally looked over to Yushiro, only to meet the harsh stare of a duel monster that had seemingly quickly endeared itself to Yushiro. Some mixture of relief, doubt, and guilt continued to wash its way over her. It would be hard to explain exactly why she felt this way, but she knew that for one reason or another, she felt that she was bringing Yushiro trouble, even if he didn't know it yet. Perhaps it was selfish to think of only her problems in the midst of a campus-wide meltdown, but it was how she felt regardless.

Her thought process was quickly snapped by the sight of the monsters congregating around the Duel Hall. She groaned, even more so when Yushiro levied the responsibility for finding a solution unto her.

"Alright, hold on. Let me think. It looks to me like they're mostly just in front of the entrance. Maybe there is another way we can approach this..." she quickly produced her cellphone and began calling the one person she knew would most certainly be in the building that connected the Duel Hall to the Student Offices:

"Oh my god Beth, so glad to hear you're okay. My phone has been flooded with security alerts. What the hell is going on out there?" Ashley didn't even sound all that panicked, honestly. That was so like her; she viewed everything as a 'situation' with solutions and variables, rather than something that had consequences attached to it. It was almost exciting to Ashley to have an issue as large as this one, so long as nobody was killed.

"Never mind all that Ash. Can you open up the annex halls? I need to get to the Duel Hall and it is covered from top to bottom in monsters. Meet me there in 3 minutes?" Elizabeth waved Yushiro to their left, ushering them both towards a much smaller building built into the curve of a hill.

The annex was really nothing more than a few dumpy offices that some clubs or presenters rented out for their events a few times a year for cheap, but its main draw was that it connected two of the larger buildings on campus.

"Once we're in here, we should be able to cut through a couple of halls and get to the duel team office. Say, what is your plan, anyway?

Edited by Cappuccijoe

Second-to-last stop is your duel disk. You’re the one with the army, lead the way.

Gabby gave a start as Melissa, unintentionally most likely, sneaked up on her. Right, her army. Her army...From the sounds of it the others were really leaning into her princess thing. Which was the point, true, but in such a serious situation she couldn't help but feel bad for tricking them.

Perhaps had it been the three of them she would have said something. But with Souji here she didn't feel comfortable giving such personal information. She didn't know him very well, beyond their first unpleasant meeting, and something about him felt almost creepy to the girl. Maybe it was the hat.

Whatever the case Gabby decided to purse her lips and give a firm nod. Practically twirling as she turned in the direction of her own dorm she led the way. "It is not a long journey but make sure to keep your wits about you! Even the most noble of royals like myself have to be aware at all times. Lest an assassin come into our midst."

For most of the trip there no such assassin appeared. Though she did jump as the bats that were following them from Melissa's room swooped down all of a sudden. For a moment she thought they intended to eat her and she covered her head and ducked down but they actually were aimed for the Armed Ninja that had been about to attack from the rooftop.

Clearing her throat the girl stood up and made sure to keep her blushing face away from the others. "Ah, as I t-thought." She said with some waver in her voice. "It is not the first time I was targeted in such a manner nor will it be the last!"

"please let it be the last"

When they reached the dorm she found a note stuck to the door. "Don't worry about me. I'm chasing a big scoop! Good luck with whatever you're planning. Also sorry about the newspaper thing." It was signed from her roommate and Gabby couldn't help let out a sigh as she read it.

She slipped inside, making sure not to let anyone see what the room looked like, and found her disk rather quickly. She slipped it on and checked to make sure all her cards were there, pausing at the Skull Servants to wonder if she had done something to summon them here already, then went back out towards the others.

And almost ran into one of said Skull Servants. The group had crowded around her door the moment she had gone inside and she almost screamed as she bumped into their bony bodies.

But they merely backed away and knelt, waiting for her to tell them what to do next.

She then realized she had no idea what they were supposed to do and so she looked over to Melissa. "It is, er, beneath me to plan ahead. I usually have a dozen royal advisors for that. But for now I suppose...what is the next step in this plan of yours?"

Melissa hadn’t heard about or seen any sort of duel space documentaries, but apparently Souji had, and the fact that he was affirming what she had spent time figuring out meant that by the time he’d finished, she was already feeling better. She’d already been feeling better, sure, but now she was able to ignore things like the idle hostility Jun and Souji seemed to have for each other. The point was, they were here, and they were here for her.

Gabby, too, and who could forget about her? It was her servants and familiars who were keeping them protected; a few bats, for example, swooped in and made quick work of some assailant Melissa didn’t even see until it fell off the roof. It was the only such occasion on their short journey, but it was enough to affirm that that particular part wouldn’t fail. And now that she was thinking about it, with the Skull Servants and Vampire Familiars keeping people safe -- the fact that that wouldn’t fail made everything else a little easier. So Melissa’s spirits brightened even more.

If you can, meet in the field just outside Taylor Hall in thirty minutes. It’ll be safe there.

Melissa showed the message to Souji as Gabby slipped into her dorm room. “You probably saw this already, but can you forward this along too?” she said. “I guess it’s closer to fifteen or twenty minutes now, um, but we’re trying to spread the word.

She would have said more, but Gabby came back out pretty quick -- she spent much less time than Melissa felt she had. Gabby seemed pretty surprised to see her Skull Servants still there, but the moment passed quickly, and Melissa didn’t see the need to comment on it.

“What is the next step in this plan of yours?” Gabby said.

Right. Okay. Jun, Souji, Gabby, and she all had their duel disks now. Messages calling everyone else -- or everyone else they could think of, at least -- had been sent out. Now was the time to actually put things into action. The next step, of course, was being there.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
-Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

Melissa led everyone and everyskeleton and everybat to the middle field, and how fortunate was it that they made it with time to spare? The more time they had, the more they could set up.

There were still monsters everywhere, though. Most of them seemed innocent -- acorns and stuffed animals and whatnot -- but there were a few, especially the Fungi of the Musk over near Taylor Hall proper -- that definitely would cause problems if left unchecked. “Souji, I know you were the one running around all day,” Melissa said, “but do you think you can deal with a few more monsters for us? Maybe start here in the middle and work outwards, I don’t know.

She turned to Gabby. “We’re going to want the Skull Servants and the Familiars to set up a perimeter,” Melissa said. “I don’t know how big they can manage or even if they can stand being away from you, Gabby, but that’s- if we’re making a sanctuary, we have to establish its boundaries. People should be able to come in, and other monsters need to stay out. Can you do that for me?

And last, but certainly not least, “Jun, you’re in charge of taking care of the people that do come in. Get them comfortable, keep them feeling alright, I don’t know. It’s vague, I’m sorry. But they need to be thinking good thoughts just like we have been if this is going to work.

MM6dyYE.png?1

Jun gave a small applause as the skeleton troops had prevented Gabby's assassination by ninja monster, finding the whole thing more amusing then harrowing. However, aside from that, the group had managed to get her duel disk without a hitch. Following Melissa's lead yet again, Jun sent the same text as she had before to the duel team, urging them to hurry up as things were about to get started. Making their way to the field proper now, Jun listened as Melissa gave her orders out to the three of them, giving them each a different task. Smiling as Melissa got to her, Jun puffed out her chest with pride saying, "don't worry 'Lissa. Card games aren't all I do. Captain of Fun Jun will get everyone thinking good thoughts!" Looking to Gabby, Jun gave her a pat on the back saying, "be sure to give your skeletons a rousing speech, Princess!" Then looking to Souji, she shooed him saying, "and you, go do your hero thing or whatever." 

f8OzT6y.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

While waiting for Gabriella to grab her Duel Disk, Souji found himself being shown a message from Melissa.

You probably saw this already, but can you forward this along too? I guess it’s closer to fifteen or twenty minutes now, um, but we’re trying to spread the word.

"You got it." he nodded sternly, quickly moving to take the message that he saw on his phone and proceeded to have that forwarded to as many people as he could, however putting on it that it was a bit more between fifteen to twenty minutes.

With that out of the way, Gabriella got her Duel Disk and they were once again on the move, finally arriving at Taylor Hall where there was nothing but Duel Monsters as far as the eye could see. Souji looked around, trying to get a feel for the situation, when he heard Melissa speak again.

Souji, I know you were the one running around all day, but do you think you can deal with a few more monsters for us? Maybe start here in the middle and work outwards, I don’t know.

Souji only gave out a slight snicker, as he glanced over at Melissa. "If you honestly think that I'm out of energy already, then you're sadly mistaken, Melissa. I'll take care of this little issue no problem." he said, as he glanced over at Jun who now was shooing him off.

"..go do your hero thing or whatever."

BGM

He gave a simple smirk, before adjusting both his hat and his tie, immediately stepping forward with his Duel Disk springing to life again. "Just leave all this to me..." Souji spoke, before moving his hand to grab three cards from his deck. With a quick flick of his wrist, he slid all three cards onto the Duel Disk. "Elemental HEROs Blazeman, Ocean and Solid Soldier! Time to shine!"

One by one, the monsters were summoned. A raging fire appeared near Souji's left side, as Blazeman exploded forth, a soothing water ripple appeared in front of him to where Ocean rose up and finally a quick mound of earth began to force itself open as Solid Soldier burst forth. The three monsters looked down the Level 1 parade of monsters, before they began to charge forward.

Blazeman burnt forth a path as quick as possible, knocking quite the amount of monsters away as well as burning them to a holographic crisp, while Ocean was immediately picking up the slack and putting out the fires that Blazeman made, thusly opening up a path for the group.

"Now we're talking." Souji smirked, glancing back at the others. "You ladies better get a move on then! Me and my HEROs have everything under control." he said confidently, as Solid Soldier immediately was grabbing a few monsters and launching them into groups of other monsters...even doing a supplex on another.