Zai

Yu-Gi-Oh! Skies [IC/PG-16]

f8OzT6y.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

After what seemed to be forever in the headmaster's office...basically going back and forth between this conversation, Souji was able to finally get the headmaster's blessing on two conditions. First: Souji and Sai would need to get four members for this club, themselves included. So if anything, two more members to be recognized as a club. Second: ....he would have to write a three page essay on the Ethics of Duel Monsters. It was a suggestion that he himself threw out there, just really wanting to get his foot in the door...and that was the last thing he could offer.

Still hate that I opened my dumbass mouth about that... he cursed, shaking his head. Nevertheless, he was here now...and here being on the club sign up floor.

Souji looked over at Sai and pointed. "Alright, Sai my man, we're on the clock. We have until the end of the day to get a total of four members for this club. I've already got one in mind...so your going to be scouting for other possibilities!" he said, smirking. "Plus, this'll help your people's skills. If you see potential, stop 'em, talk to them and then shoot me a text. I'll take over from there."

With that, Souji gave Sai a salute and departed to try and find the one prospect of a member to join: the idol, Rose. Problem is, he didn't exactly know what the girl looked like. He wasn't 100% sure if she was wearing a wig or using some sort of dye for her hair or what. Then again, he knew her face...and if anything, he'd just have to look for that face. It was hard to miss a beautiful face... Souji paused as he shook his head at that prospect, now was the time for business, not trying to get a possible girlfriend. Dude had to get it together!

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the last little bit of a Duel, and it seemed to be Jun versus some other kid at the Duel Team booth. As he rode that off as just nothing, he was about to continue forward but stopped suddenly, when he saw a familiar face AND hair. There Souji saw the idol over to the side of the Duel Team booth, apparently watching the Duel. Bingo! Alright Souji...time to get the idol. he thought, smirking slightly as he made his stride over towards Rose and stood beside her, his hands in his pockets.

"Well, I have to say...you are definitely hard to find, miss Rose." he said with a slight chuckle, giving the idol a side glance. He only dropped the 'miss Rose', just to let her know who was talking to her.

EGWCLdk.png

"Yikes." Ashley spectated as the one-sided carnage continued, blowing large bubbles through her outrageously pink bubble gum, "Clearly not his dueling ability that's got Elizabeth's insides all twisted." she looked around, still no sign of her either. "Guess it's a good thing she didn't show up. Poor guy, he would have been mortified." blowing another obnoxiously large and loud bubble or two, Ashley groaned, "Well, if she's not going to show up and say hi, I guess I will." Just as Ashley went to take a step forward towards the duel table, a cold, familiar hand was placed upon her shoulder. Ashley gasped, not only due to the sheer frigidness of her hand, but because she knew who it was.

" Boo." Beth snickered as Ashley whipped around to face her,

"Beth!? What are you doing sneaking up on me like that?! And what even took you so long? The duel's already over. Your man over there got pummeled. Look's like he made the team anyway though. What's up with that? Dating amateur's now? What happened to the Duel Queen herself? I thought that's kinda what we were working towards with the whole Hitomu duel?"

" Oh bugger off with that. It was a single date, and what business do I have grading people on dueling skill anymore these days? When's the last time I won a big duel?" Beth looked over her friend's shoulder at Yushiro and her stomach had become uncomfortable; like a small burning in the bottom of her stomach from the anxiety of potentially having to talk to someone she went on a date with in public, " Strange, though. I don't think he mentioned he was trying out for the team when we were together the other night. I wonder why? We played plenty of cards that night."

"Maybe he was worried you'd laugh him off." Ashley turned around to look at Yushiro herself, "Say what you want about your recent record, but he's still an underclassman. They get all worked up over nothing. Well, you remember what it was like anyway, right? Gosh, remember how we used to act around Brendan Ulmarr? You practically threw yourself at him."

Beth obnoxiously, " How could I forget HIM? He was built like a brick house, and I wanted a room. But, that was until now, of course. I've certainly never thought about him since. "

With that, Elizabeth started making her way over towards the duel team, figuring she may as well say hello to Yushiro and the co-captain,

" Hi Yushiro!" Beth tiled her hand to the right, like a wave that wasn't ever going to come back close to her ribcage to the boy and turned her attention to the co-captain, "Looks like you got dragged into doing tryouts eh? Why isn't the Captain doing this, anyway? I know he's at work and all, but I thought this would be a mandatory duty of his."

Edited by Cappuccijoe

qaVE33T.png

Yusuji’s grin, initially wide and eager, froze as the fortune teller turned over card after card, each accompanied with a darker prophecy. Her eyes narrowed in puzzlement as the words flowed over her, something...off...with them. Schism of friends? Unhappiness wrought? What was this girl saying?

"You shouldn't have come here. You would have been far better off not knowing these things."

“I...I don’t…” Yusuji murmured, still lost in contemplation over the what had just been said. Then, with a shake, she was back, a slightly forced smile on her face as she refocused on the fortune-teller.

“Thanks, I guess…” There was an awkward pause as Yusuji tried to think of something else to say, but all that came out was an even less sure, “I...look forward to seeing you around!” as the paintress pushed herself out of her seat and backed towards the door. Her gaze lingered on her host for a moment longer, but before anything else could be said, she dashed out of the room, leaving nothing but the fluttering tent flaps and a faint smell of acrylics.

The sun greeted Yusuji warmly, both its rays and the loud, friendly noise of club day slowly diluting the lingering dark atmosphere from the fortune-telling club. She stood still for a few moments, breathing in the hot air that circulated through the dome to calm herself.

Calm herself from what? There hadn’t been anything worrying in there, she was just a little unsettled. Probably something to do with that club’s dull color scheme. Nothing scary, just…

Just...

Turning around, Yusuji suddenly caught sight of Jun at the nearby Duel team’s table. The paintress smiled in delight. She really could count on her best friend to be there when she needed her most! So, with a running start, Yusuji hugged Jun tightly from behind.

“Hi Jun!” she cried, her smile as wide as ever, but her eyes still a little uncertain, “How’s the club day been? That fortune-telling place is weeeeeeeird.” Then noticing the boy standing in front of them, Yusuji stuck out a friendly hand. “Hi Jun’s friend! I’m Yusuji, another Jun’s friend!”

Alison stared down at the cards on the table, not paying much mind to anything until Yusuji was gone. "Maybe I took things too far" she commented, looking up to the empty chair before her.

Truth be told she hadn't expected the cards to be so grim, that much was true. But it seemed that her foretelling seemed to genuinely frighten the Star, why wouldn't it? She was just told she'd lose a dear friend in a dreadful way, most ditzes her age would naturally be scared of that. "Too far, yes."

Alison scared the artist because she had scared her first. Friends? Laughable. A Star wouldn't hope to understand what she was going through, the weakness, the spasms..., the pain. She wouldn't get it, not with her brain full of clouds and dreams. Her hands shook, and it wasn't even from anger. The Star wouldn't get it... none of them would. *Beat* It was probably time to take a break, she wasn't quite feeling doing any more readings for the moment.

Sliding off the chair, Alison wobbled about, feeling a little lightheaded. "It feels worse today" she uttered under her breath.

Regaining her posture, she returned to her chair and slumped in it. Today was going to be a miserable day, which was ironic really, once she took out the card. Spiritual Light Art - Hijiri. Of all cards to give her. Of all cards.

9Ur8wBU.png

"Well, I have to say...you are definitely hard to find, miss Rose." As the two were dueling, Hoshiko heard someone call to her. Turning around, she saw who she could only assume was the Rider from yesterday's duel, now out of costume.

"Am I? Funny, I've been told the opposite." She responded, walking over to the boy with a smile on her face. "I was just over here watching this duel and-" As she turned around to point at the duel, it was basically over, as Jun commanded her dragon shot one last beam of light at the boy, reducing his life points to 0. "...well, I was watching the duel, anyways." She giggles a bit, before turning back to the boy. "So... since you were looking for little old me and all, there must be something you want." She said, putting her hands in her jacket pockets. "Don't worry, I don't charge for autographs~!" She said playfully, winking at the boy.

f8OzT6y.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Am I? Funny, I've been told the opposite. I was just over here watching this duel and-...well, I was watching the duel, anyways. So... since you were looking for little old me and all, there must be something you want. Don't worry, I don't charge for autographs~!"

"Souji." he said, tipping his hat slightly. "Kazuraba Souji. As for what I was needing from you...well, let's say I have a proposition for you." Souji turned to look at the idol with a smirk. "After our Duel, I definitely took notice on the fact that your Dueling style was pretty interesting. And it's not the fact of you just being an idol. There's something else about it...you do what you can to get the audience involved and pumped."

He paused and shook his head. "Hell, even your Field Spell was helping in that way. Was it eerie? Yes, yes it was. But it was effective nevertheless. But, anyway, I'm rambling. Listen, the proposition I have for you is this: join my club." Souji held up a hand, prepared to stop the idol if she tried to protest. "Let me finish. It's a new club that will be starting as of today, provided I get two more members. I have myself and my roommate already down for this club, but I need two more. I need two Duelists and individuals who can take to a Duel Space field, utilize it for their own styles, and while having the time of their lives...also entertain the masses."

Souji paused again and glanced at Jun and those from the Duel Team, before glancing back at Rose. "I've been here a while, and I respect Hitomu's Duel Team, but his Dueling style and mine don't tend to meet eye to eye. For that reason, I want to display my own Dueling style, the one you saw when we Dueled, and I want to show him that my style is just as effective as his. And let's be honest...everybody tries to go and join the Duel Team. Why be ordinary when you could just join something new straight out the gate?"

MM6dyYE.png?1

With the test that one would've had to try to fail completed, Jun stood back up and saw two familair faces stride in. One was Souji, who seemed to be more focused on the girl who Hiraku had been dealing with then anything else. The other was the older girl, Elizabeth. Jun was a bit surprised as the woman seemed to be already familiar with Yushiro, but given her last show match, Jun didn't figure it was too out of the ordinary for underclassmen to flock to her now. With a great smile on her face though, Jun said, "well the captain's busy handling another tryout elsewhere." Making over-exaggerated hand gestures and suddenly becoming more emphatic tone, she followed saying, "one for a great and powerful and dark princess no less!" 

Chuckling to herself briefly, the girl then said, "but, he left me with the all important task of manning the fort and and holding back the floodgates against all applicants. Of course, I've only tested Shiro here so far and," she paused for a moment as if trying to figure out what to say before going, "well, he made at the very least." Before she could say anything else, she then was pushed forward as the familiar sensation of a tackle hug came from behind. Though the voice was confirmation as to who it was, Jun was fairly certain she knew who it was before it came out, giggling to herself with a smile on her face saying, "hey there Suji." 

As the girl mentioned the fortune telling club, Jun hadn't remembered ever hearing anything fond about the area, but she instead focused on the next question. "And club has been great. I got Gabby to come over here, I tried out Shiro here, but most of all. Well," she looked over Yusuji to see Souji speaking with the person she now understood why she thought looked entirely too familiar. With a smile on her face, she tapped her friend's shoulder and pointed in the direction of the two without saying anything. 

9Ur8wBU.png

The Rider, who introduced himself as Souji, started explaining himself, using a lot of words. Hoshiko was flattered that he'd chosen her to join his club. She took a second to process all the words Souji had thrown at her, before placing her hand on her cheek. "Oh, so some sort of club for entertainment dueling?" She asked, tilting her head. "I'd love to join your club Mr. Ri- I mean Souji!" She said, giggling a bit. "Oh, I should probably introduce myself." She said, extending a hand towards Souji. "My name is Hoshiko. Saki Hoshiko." She smiled at the boy, before realizing something. "Wait, so you said you needed two other duelists right?" She said, placing her hand on her chin. "So that means... we need to recruit someone else!" She said turning back to the boy. "Unless you already had someone in mind."

qaVE33T.png

Yusuji’s face brightened when Jun mentioned Gabby; she’d be waiting for just the opportunity to get to know her better, after all those mysterious hints of mystery she’d left hanging in their brief chat. Which was a shame, as chats should never be brief.

Suddenly, Jun paused and started smiling even wider. Even as Yusuji opened her mouth to ask why, Jun was already pointing to some students a little to the side of the duel stand. Squinting at them, she recognized Souji, that purple duel guy she met with Gabby yesterday, talking to a girl with a dark jacket and the pinkest hair Yusuji had ever seen. Pink hair was awesome, and it was a shame more people didn’t do it. In fact, the only other person she knew with pink hair was…

“Omygoshohmygoshohmygosh!” squealed Yusuji hopping from foot to foot in excitement, “Rose-the-super-duper-idol-is-here-I-can’t-believe-it-OH-MY-GOSH!” She took a few deep breaths in an effort to calm herself, before immediately giving up and just turning back to Jun and Shiro. “This is like my ultimate dream come true! Well, second ultimate, but still! We’ve gotta see her! This-” Her arms waved aimlessly in the air as if searching for whatever word was supposed to come next, but in the end she just settled with “Come on!” and ran away eagerly for the third time that day.

A moment later, and she was standing next to Rose. Fortunately, Yusuji had the self-restraint not to just tackle her one and only idol, but not to think up something to say before she said it.

"Hi! I'm Rose, nice to- I mean, I'm Yusuji, and-  and-" she stopped, fumbling with the words that hung just out of reach. "Can I just say what you did last time with that spooky ghost whats-his-face duelist when you used your Winda and Construct dodge around his super spammy-ness, also that duel where you used all of your Fusions to defeat your opponent with a rainbow assault was so fun to watch, and..."  Yusuji trailed off again, for the first time feeling a little self-conscious as she awkwardly fumbled in her apron for something her favorite idol ever could sign with. "I'm just so glad I finally get to meet you!"

9Ur8wBU.png

As Souji and Hoshiko were talking, she heard what sounded like someone running up towards them. Turning around, she saw a rather energetic girl rush towards her, her posture seemingly ready to jump at her. "Hi! I'm Rose, nice to- I mean, I'm Yusuji, and-  and-" Rose had seen this before - it was a fan! Her suspicions were confirmed when she mentioned her duel against Masque, before fumbling around her apron. Hoshiko couldn't help but smile, tilting her head slightly.  "I'm just so glad I finally get to meet you!"

"Ah, you don't need to call me that." She said, blushing a bit. Not only meeting one of her fans at the school, but having one as her classmate was rather exciting and unexpected! "Unless you want too, of course!" She giggled slightly, brushing some of her hair behind her ear. "We are school mates, after all." She said, winking at the girl. Her favorite idol? That was definitely unexpected. Sure, she wasn't unpopular according to her managers, but she had done some research herself on the subject and she was far from the most popular idol. That was part of the reason she came here, after all. To have someone here saying that she was their favorite... it was amazing, to say the least. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Yusuji." She said, extending her arm out towards the girl.

The meek underclassmen who approached their table looked familiar, but Hitomu couldn’t place her face at first. Melany? Lisa? 

"Ah Melissa, my lovely little lamb. As you can see I was unable to punish this chip defiler as I had meant to. But no matter!” Melissa! That was it. Hitomu could remember a few passing interactions, now that he had a name to put to the face. "I, Gabriela von Draculesti won't take this lying down. You, Duel Captain, shall be my servant yet! Your days of freedom are numbered so enjoy them while you can! Before long I shall best you and you will serve my court! Fufufufufufu!"

“Punish me? I thought we were even after I bought you lunch!” Hitomu swung his arm and snapped his fingers, the universal gesture for ‘shoot’. His eyes swung over to Melissa. “Don’t suppose I can convince you to forgive me either?” He leaned forward, cupping a hand over his mouth (futilely) so that Gabriela wouldn’t be able to hear him. “I’ve got a Ghost Rare Watapon with your name on it. What do you say?”

He was joking of course. He would never trade away his mint-condition Ghost Rare Watapon. 

wryYvru.png

"Alright, Sai my man, we're on the clock. We have until the end of the day to get a total of four members for this club. I've already got one in mind...so your going to be scouting for other possibilities!" he said, smirking. "Plus, this'll help your people's skills. If you see potential, stop 'em, talk to them and then shoot me a text. I'll take over from there."

So basically that was a wordy way to say that Sai was screwed. Well, he supposed he could look around at the very least. So the dramatic boy was off, looking around the school for people to invite to the new club. As it turned out though, that wasn't easy. Everyone was either already in a club, or they just weren't interested. A lot of people were more into the competitive side of the game rather than "dressing up" as he had been told. Still, he couldn't give up. He'd never hear the end of it otherwise.

Still, it was discouraging to be told no so much. He decided to take a break on a bench, sighing and running his fingers through his hair.

"What am I gonna do about this...?" He muttered, leaning back in the bench. He heard the chattering of girls nearby and looked up, only to pale when he realized that he had somehow got in the vicinity of Kyouko. This was somehow the third time in the last week. Why did this suddenly keep happening. Could he get away without her noticing? He stood up slowly, and did his best to walk calmly away, despite him being anything but calm.

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

Melissa sounded like she didn't care about the chips. The thread that had connected the two, being upset about the incident, unraveled before her eyes and Gabby began to think she was making the girl feel worse.

Did you- that’s not what you were dueling over, was it?

"Of course not!" Gabriela said, putting a hand in front of her face, she thought, dramatically. "Something like that is not enough to make me unleash my power on a poor, unsuspecting, boy. No, I was merely giving a...brief example of a sliver of my vast power. In order to show this one that I more than deserve to be on the group known as a duel team."

Of course, she had lost, so her only recourse was to imply she could do better. Gabby nearly panicked at the thought of Hitomu correcting her and saying she wasn't good enough in front of this girl.

So Gabriela spun and turned on him. She extended her hand out towards him. "The physical cost of your transgression is paid but one does not slight somebody of my caliber and importance and have that black mark erased so easily."

6kzOarD.png

This conversation was going nowhere fast. The air hanging between the two felt thick and awkward. She hadn't said something wrong, had she? "Don't actually do that," she clarified, in case the problem was this girl trying to figure out of Kyouko was kidding or not. Out the corner of her eye, however, she saw a certain someone. That boy from CoffeeCards the other day, trying to walk by... as if he was in some sort of trouble? Maybe that stalker freak had been bothering him instead now, no longer content with picking on someone bigger than him.

Stick to one person at a time, you freak.

Best to make sure he was okay, right? That's what a good person would do. And so, leaving this other blue-haired girl with the clarification that she should in fact not try to pass off as Kyouko, Kyouko left, to see what the boy was up to. She went up to his side, then looked in the direction he'd come from, clearly suspicious. No sign of freaks in stupid hats over there. "Something wrong?" she asked the guy.

“I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.”
Isaiah 43:25 (NIV)

Melissa frowned. Not because she thought she was being bought out or bribed or whatever Hitomu thought he was doing (he had to be joking, right?), nor because it was clear he hadn’t paid any attention to anything Melissa had said since she’d approached the table (she was used to being ignored), but because, well… Well, okay, it was both of those things, and if she hadn’t already met Gabriela, she’d probably have taken them as a sign that she should just run off and… yeah.

Instead, she tried to focus on the actual problem. Step one was repeating herself, a little louder this time. “It’s alright about the chips. I just went and-

And then Gabriela made her presence known again. “Of course not!” she said, and despite having just asked the question Gabriela was responding to, it still took a second for Melissa to remember what it was. It took several seconds after that, too, for Melissa to wade through the Gabriela-isms to the actual answer.

To be clear, that wasn’t something she minded doing. Melissa still felt attached to Gabriela in some way. Who invited her from nosebleed seats all the way down to midfield? Who bought her chips and selflessly replaced them seconds later? Melissa didn’t treat these as events to feel self-righteous about, but as links of trust between the two, links that could only get stronger with age. Failing to put forth the prerequisite effort to understand each other would certainly break that trust. So even exhausted as she was from Elizabeth and the… events following Elizabeth, Melissa was still willing to soldier on.

It turned out that this was her duel team audition. How nice! That was much better than Melissa’s fear. It was unfortunate that she had to face Hitomu, but the way Gabriela was acting, Melissa guessed this was what she preferred anyway.

“The physical cost of your transgression is paid, but one does not slight somebody of my caliber and importance and have that black mark erased so easily."

Melissa turned to Hitomu, adding, “Well, I forgive you, at least. Um, no Watapon required.” She was willing to forgive spiritually, too, even if Gabriela didn’t.

Her stomach gurgled a little, and Melissa realized Hitomu had mentioned something about lunch, a meal she hadn’t had yet. “Um, I think I’ve been here long enough that I should order something,” she said. “I’ll, uh, I’m going to go do that.

p0MUE7i.jpg?2

"The opposite, actually. I'm trying to keep all these clubs looking for new members off my back. A room full of strangers doesn't sound all that appealing, even if it's for a common interest."  Right then, Kyouko glanced off in the direction of the duel booth, and Akari decided to take a glance of her own.

The duel at the duel club booth had clearly ended as the crowd of students who had been watching it were beginning to disperse, a good portion of them getting in line for the club. The duelists stood by themselves as they shook hands, and they both were people that she recognized. The blonde haired boy was the same one who had the duel during move-in day, while the girl with the nice hat was one of the two other girls who had been hanging out with Melissa and Kyouko, also on move-in day.

"You should join the swim team and try to pass off as me," Kyouko said in a kinda serious tone of voice, bringing Akari’s attention back to the conversation. "Maybe then they'll stop bothering me."

That. . .didn’t really answer her question. Was the swim team bothering her because they wanted her in their club, or was she already in their club and they were bothering her for another reason? As she mentally tried to figure that out, she quickly realized how silent and awkward their conversation had gotten and swiftly tried to ease the tension. “Well, if I did try to pass off as you,” Akari started, closing her eyes and rubbing the back of her head nervously as she continued, “I probably wouldn’t do that good. If you hadn’t noticed, I’m kinda short compared to you, and my eyes are a differen-Huh?”  In the short time that she had opened and closed her eyes, Kyouko had vanished. Had her words driven her away or something?

A quick look around brought the tall girl back into view, and to Akari’s relief, it seemed like her words hadn’t driven Kyouko away. Rather, she seemed to be interested in an orange haired boy. The boy in question was obviously nervous, his body language and rather fast pace giving away a clear sign, and instinctually she headed over to see if he was alright, quickening her pace so that she could catch up. As she neared, she noticed Kyouko walk up besides the boy, and then look off in a direction as if looking for someone specific, before turning her attention back to the boy.

"Something wrong?" Kyouko asked, as Akari took her time to catch up and walk up to the other side of the boy.

“Yeah, are you alright?” She asked, a slightly worried look on her face. “You seem kinda nervous.”

f8OzT6y.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Oh, so some sort of club for entertainment dueling? I'd love to join your club Mr. Ri- I mean Souji! Oh, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Hoshiko. Saki Hoshiko. Wait, so you said you needed two other duelists right? So that means... we need to recruit someone else! Unless you already had someone in mind."

Souji smirked and his hand met Hoshiko's. This was basically a done deal at this point, that was one Duelist down. This meant that only one Duelist remained, and most likely, his roommate would be able to get one roped in. "As for the moment, I personally don't have another person in mind to recruit. Right now, I was doing my best to get to you before anything else. My roommate should be able to rope someone else i-"

"Hi! I'm Rose, nice to- I mean, I'm Yusuji, and-  and-Can I just say what you did last time with that spooky ghost whats-his-face duelist when you used your Winda and Construct dodge around his super spammy-ness, also that duel where you used all of your Fusions to defeat your opponent with a rainbow assault was so fun to watch, and...I'm just so glad I finally get to meet you!"

...oh goddamnit... he cringed slightly, slowly hiding his face behind his fedora slightly. It was Yusuji and she was going in an all out fan-girl mode at seeing Hoshiko...rather, Rose. Well, hopefully she wasn't being too loud. Otherwise there would most likely be a huge out pouring of students walking and running in to get autographs and photos. "Reeeeeaaaaaaaal smooth there, Yusuji..."

MM6dyYE.png?1

Jun could only smile as she watched her friend bound forward towards the idol of her dreams. Standing there contently, the nicely hatted girl ha figured that she had done her day's work. "Yep, got a kid into the duel team and got a friend to meet a super star. Two dreams in one day, you did good Jun, you did good." Though she said this aloud, clear enough for both Yushiro and Elizabeth to hear, Jun was clearly only talking to herself and then merely made her way over to where the others had gathered. 

Putting an arm around her friend's shoulder, she said, "see Suji, I told you you'd have plenty of opportunities to get your autograph yet!" Looking to the idol, she then let go of her friend briefly as she stretched her hand out for a shake, "nice to meet you - Hoshi, was it? I'm Jun. Also a fan, but not nearly as much as the best painter I know." She cheerily pointed towards Yusuji before continuing. "We probably won't share many classes, but I hope to be friends with you as well." 

It was then that she heard the familiar groan of her arch-nemesis in hattery come from the side. She didn't really get what his problem was, or why he was even here to begin with, but just rolled her eyes. "Oh please, I'm sure you'd love it if one of your adoooooring fan girls came up to you and asked for an autograph." Though, Jun wasn't entirely sure that many of those existed to begin with. As she was standing around, she then realized she hadn't seen if Kyouko had been up to anything since her duel began. Taking out her phone, she saw that she had a message from the rider himself, which caused her to realize what was probably going on. All the same, she looked to Hoshiko, then back to Souji and with a playful smirk on her face, pointed her phone towards the idol saying, "I found one." 

Edited by Skaia

mqYjeXr.png

" Hi Yushiro!"

A familiar voice caught Yushiro's attention, and as he turned his head he saw Elizabeth as she waved. Well this was unexpected.

"Looks like you got dragged into doing tryouts eh? Why isn't the Captain doing this, anyway? I know he's at work and all, but I thought this would be a mandatory duty of his."

"Dragged" wasn't exactly the word, but Yushiro wasn't about to admit that he'd tried out to impress her. "Hey!" He replied. "Yeah.... sooorta. I figured I'd see how I measured up, you know?" He glanced over in Jun's direction for a moment. "Turns out I've got quite a lot of improving to do."

"Well the captain's busy handling another tryout elsewhere."  Jun cut in, making over-exaggerated hand gestures and suddenly becoming more emphatic tone, she followed saying, "one for a great and powerful and dark princess no less!" 

Chuckling to herself briefly, the girl then said, "but, he left me with the all important task of manning the fort and and holding back the floodgates against all applicants. Of course, I've only tested Shiro here so far and," she paused for a moment as if trying to figure out what to say before going, "well, he made at the very least."

That was.... very considerate of her, actually.  A more honest appraisal of things would probably have gone "Well, he's awful, but he's a good kid so I let him make the team." Not exactly flattering. It was beginning to look like Jun was more in tune with things than she first appeared to be, and Yushiro was internally thankful for it.

Before Jun could say anything else, she then was pushed forward as the familiar sensation of a tackle hug came from behind. Though the voice was confirmation as to who it was, Jun was fairly certain she knew who it was before it came out, giggling to herself with a smile on her face saying, "hey there Suji."  After that, the girls seemed to peel off into their own little crowd, which over the next few minutes appeared to grow as other people Yushiro wasn't familiar with came out of the woodwork. This put Yushiro a little on edge: he wasn't really good with crowds of strangers and the lingering fear that someone would bring up his poor dueling performance was also nagging at him. Unconsciously, he shuffled a little closer to Beth and familiarity. 

"Yep, got a kid into the duel team and got a friend to meet a super star. Two dreams in one day, you did good Jun, you did good." Yushiro rolled his eyes and let out a "Pff" in exaggerated fashion, trying to play things off in front of all the girls (and a single guy in wearing a fedora, and Yushiro thought he was a dork) like he wasn't nervous. Not that anyone, save maybe Beth and some one he recognized in the background as her friend Ashley, was actually paying attention to him. Better safe than sorry though.

qaVE33T.png

Yusuji had to exercise what little self-restraint she had to not freak out even more at the wink Rose gave her, and merely hopped slightly on the spot as she took in everything the best idol ever said, oblivious to Souji’s cringing.

“Oh, it’s gonna be so...so awesomazing to see around!” Yusuji said eagerly, shaking Hoshiko’s proffered hand. Then, Jun showed up, somehow doubling the awesomazingness of the experience and her comments causing Yusuji to beam even brighter.

“As if I ever doubted you Jun! Since when have you ever been wrong about anything?” she asked playfully, putting her own arm around her best friend. “Yup yup, I can wait even less for classes now! So...Rose- er, Hoshi, right - what clubs are you joining? I’m part of the art club, and we’re always looking for more fr- members! If that’s your thing, I mean, and Jun does this really cool duel club too, if you wanna have some more fun duels here! I always love watching you perform!”

9Ur8wBU.png

“Oh, it’s gonna be so...so awesomazing to see around!” Hoshiko smiled, before turning her attention to the newcomer.

"see Suji, I told you you'd have plenty of opportunities to get your autograph yet!" A girl with a very nice hat came up to the group, extending a hand out towards Hoshiko. "nice to meet you - Hoshi, was it? I'm Jun. Also a fan, but not nearly as much as the best painter I know." Hoshiko shook the girl's hand, giggling a bit. "We probably won't share many classes, but I hope to be friends with you as well." 

"Of course!" She responded, placing both of her hands on her hip. "I would love to be friends with you." She said, before gesturing towards Yusuji and Souji. "All of you." She smiled as she turned to Yusuji.

“Yup yup, I can wait even less for classes now! So...Rose- er, Hoshi, right - what clubs are you joining? I’m part of the art club, and we’re always looking for more fr- members! If that’s your thing, I mean, and Jun does this really cool duel club too, if you wanna have some more fun duels here! I always love watching you perform!”She was very excited, which was to be expected. Both of these girls seemed keen on Hoshi as a nickname - she thought it was a rather cute nickname.

"Ah, clubs!" Hoshiko said, placing a hand on her cheek. "Well that's what I was talking to Souji here about." She said, gesturing towards him. "We're going to start a club for entertainment dueling! It'll be much like Jun's club here but..." She thought about a way to put it for a second, before snapping her finger. "less competitive and with more pizazz!" She said, smiling proudly. She then remembered the girl mentioning something about an art club. She had never been much of an artist herself, but she had always been a fan of art itself. "...the art club sounds great too! I... I don't know what the rules are about being in multiple clubs, but if I can join it I'd love too."

f8OzT6y.jpg?1

iU8EggM.png

"Oh please, I'm sure you'd love it if one of your adoooooring fan girls came up to you and asked for an autograph."

"Hmph...I don't know what you happen to be talking about, Jun." Souji simply replied to his rival in hattery. "Really only time I get that is when I'm in costume and character. Till then, I'm only regular old Souji."

"I found one."

He simply rolled his eyes slightly, crossing his arms. "Day late and a dollar short there, Jun. I've already recruited her for the Entertainment Dueling Club. Simply just missing one more member to join...and I got Sai on that duty." Souji was about to reply to Hoshiko, when he felt a slight disturbance...almost like had been critiquing his style of hat choices. Of course the feeling passed, but it was one that he honestly couldn't shake for a good bit. Hmph...obviously someone has no taste. Whoever the dork is, they'll show themselves soon...

"I don't think there's a rule against joining multiple clubs, but then again...I've just started doing any sort of club activity today."

MM6dyYE.png?1

Jun was happy to see Hoshiko shake her hand and talk about being friends with both her and Yusuji. Jun kept smiling as her painter friend went on to ask Hoshiko to join their clubs, but only seemed to briefly twitch her eyebrow at the idol's response. Looking to the sky, the girl simply mumbled under her breath, "our duels have plenty of pizzazz." However, this last for but a moment as the girl looked back to the others. When mentioning about multiple clubs, Jun thought, "yeah, I don't think there should be one. As long as you can keep up with classes and clubs, I'm sure they'd be fine with it." Jun  figured that the school would be more than willing to let Hoshiko of all people be in multiple clubs at that. 

All the same, the girl said, "but, there's only one way to find out, right? Let's go and - " the girl's eyes fell back on her own club stand. And it's lack of captain. Deflated for a moment, the girl said, "well you guys can go find out. Hoshi." She looked to the girl with an uncommon degree of seriousness saying, "whatever you do, don't be the co-captain of either of these clubs." Perking back up she waved to the group saying, "well, have fun guys!" With that, the girl made her way back to the stand, waiting to see what other applicants would come there way. 

wryYvru.png

"Something wrong?" she asked the shy guy known as Sai who just wanted this to blow by.

“Yeah, are you alright?” She asked, a slightly worried look on her face. “You seem kinda nervous.”

"What? Something wrong? Wh-what would m-make you think that s-something's wrong?" Sai asked, doing his best to inch away. "I-I'm not somehow running into people I'm terrified of, despite me doing my best to avoid them, no siree,"

"I know that feeling," Kyouko muttered. "Especially during club week, with the swim team constantly breathing down my neck. They're not scary, but I'd like if they stopped bugging me already." The gears began to turn in Sai's head, a stupid idea forming in the small gray matter between his ears. This mighta been stupid, but if it worked...

"W-well, I mean... the Entertainment D-Duel Club needs one more p-person to actually become a c-club... I bet if you joined, the swim team would l-leave you a-alone, a-and I'm sure S-Souji wouldn't mind you n-not actually doing Entertainment D-Duels...," He blurted out. However, his brain suddenly caught up with his mouth, and he realized something horrific. "W-wait, but if she joins, then I'd have to see her even more! No, no, no, please reject it because it's too nerdy or something!"

That was certainly an idea. She wasn't much for regular dueling - let alone dressing up in costumes and trying to be all hammy - but it did give her an excuse to get the swim team off her back once and for all. Plus, it would be a good deed. Right? Two birds with one stone and all. Kyouko was quiet as she thought the idea over. It took a moment, but she finally responded with a pretty plain, almost half-assed "Alright. Can't be that bad, can it?"

"R-right. I guess we should find Souji so we can tell him...," He took a deep breath and manage to say with a big smile and a calm voice. "It's good to have you on board!" despite the fact that he was internally screaming. All part of being an entertainer.

Sai sighed to himself as he looked around. They couldn't find Souji anywhere at the school. He didn't leave early to dump all the work on him, did he? It didn't seem right, but it wasn't out of the realm of possibility either. He was just about to give up when he found Souji by the Duel Club.

"H-Hey Souji!" Sai called out. "I f-found someone who wants to join!" He called out.

"You got a new member for us? Hell yeah, Sai!" Souji smirked widely, seeing his roommate heading towards him. "I knew you'd be the saving grace for the club...hell, might even be one of the many lucky charms. Either way, who's lucky number four?"

"I-it's.... w-well," He motioned to Kyouko, who was walking behind him.

"Hmmm?" Souji looked and saw who it was and pointed. "You!! Your the chick who knocked me on the head with the door!!!" He stopped from saying anything else, as he started rubbing his chin. "...you know what, I'll look past that door incident. I'll trust Sai's judgment. Welcome to the Entertainment Duel Club."

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

9Ur8wBU.png

Hoshiko smiled as they told her that they thought there was no rules against it. "In that case, I would love to join the Art Club!" She said, beaming at Yusuji. "After I go ask about it, of course." Jun then got a scary look on her face, telling her not to be co-captain for either club. Hoshiko simply tilted her head in confusion. She wondered why Jun had told her that - after all she did plan on being co-captain of the Entertainment Duelist Club. It would be weird for her not too, she felt. Either way, she waved goodbye as Jun made her way back to the other club's stand.

It was around there when another boy came walking towards them, with a rather tall girl following behind him. From what she gathered from Souji and Sai's conversation was that this was his friend that was getting their forth. Hoshiko smiled brightly, extending an arm out towards the two. "It's very nice to meet you two. My name is Hoshiko. I hope we have a great time with this club!" She beamed brightly as she let out a small giggle.