Sign in to follow this  
The Chayncemaniac

Digimon Adventure 02 movie AND Digimon Ghost Game announced

At DigiFes 2021, Toei Animation announced a new movie based on the kids from Digimon Adventure 02 (Davis, Yolei, Ken, Kody, Kari and TK) AS WELL AS a new anime for the franchise called Digimon Ghost Game, here's the trailer they released for the Digimon Adventure 02 movie. Below the poster is a translation of what the Toei Japanese websites say about the new series... as translated by Google Translate

and here's the teaser image they released for Digimon Ghost Game

E7s6DtrUUAUahBT?format=jpg&name=medium

"At the Digifest held on August 1st (Sun), the teaser visual was released along with the production announcement of the new TV animation "Digimon Ghost Game". In the visual, the figures of three children and the Digimon in silhouette are drawn behind them. The ban on the Digimon setting image drawn behind it has also been lifted prior to this announcement. The Digimon that have been unveiled this time are Gammamon, Jerrymon, and Angoramon, which are specially drawn Digimon for this series, and their detailed abilities are still a mystery. What are the identities of these three Digimon, and how do they relate to these three children? The broadcast that interests us will be broadcast on Fuji TV and others in the fall of 2021! Keep an eye on future trends! !!"

No official release date for either one, but according to the poster for Ghost Game, it'll be out some time this year.

I really enjoyed Kizuna, so a spiritual successor for that sounds good. Also nice that they're revisiting literally any other time besides the original Adventure team.

I hope Ghost Game is good. Young Hunters was bad, the few episodes of Appmon I've watched have been really awkward, and Adventure: 2020 somehow manages to rush through evolutions but still drag its heels with its story, and it lacks so much emotion compared to the original series. So... there hasn't exactly been a good batting average for the past few series. It really lowers my expectations for Ghost Game. I'm going to prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.