Sign in to follow this  
radio414

radio414 has controversial(?) opinions about science fiction anthology series love death and robots and despite the series having fled popular consciousness by the time they viewed it they would still like to share

UKKhf91.png

like my tarot list these are in order from left to right as well (e.g., Zima Blue just edged out Ice)

S-Tier: Zima Blue, Ice

A-Tier: Three Robots, Fish Night, Ice Age, Pop Squad

B-Tier: The Witness, The Drowned Giant, The Secret War, The Tall Grass

C-Tier: Good Hunting, Automated Customer Service, Suits, Helping Hand, When the Yogurt Took Over, Alternate Histories

D-Tier: Sucker of Souls, Lucky 13, Beyond the Aquila Rift, Life Hutch, All Through The Night, The Dump

F-Tier: Blindspot, Sonia's Edge, Snow in the Desert, Shape-Shifters

this is the link to the one i used if you insist on participating don't feel obligated you can just tell me i'm wrong in the comments
or ask for clarification if you insist

I suppose I'm a little disappointed to see Life Hutch so low, but then again, I'm also biased to ward M.B.J. so take that with a grain of salt. Other than that its hard to not agree with this list.

But especially for Ice. That was a masterpiece.

1 hour ago, Comrade Duck said:

I suppose I'm a little disappointed to see Life Hutch so low, but then again, I'm also biased to ward M.B.J. so take that with a grain of salt.

My biases there are mostly that it was the second "maintenance robot run amok" episode of the season for me and while you can tell Customer Service has a lot of John Scalzi, Life Hutch doesn't really feel like a Harlan Ellison story, especially biased since I've read that story. I know that's not the best way to judge adaptations but that's where I ended up. Also didn't like the flashing lights though I understand their inclusion.

MBJ was great as always, though.

Edited by radio414

YC45Kwh.png

new season means updated tier list, as before it's left to right in addition to top-to-bottom. also for convenience i've bolded the s3 additions

S-Tier: Zima Blue, Ice, The Very Pulse of the Machine

A-Tier: Three Robots, Fish Night, Ice Age, SwarmBad Travelling, Pop Squad

B-Tier: The Witness, The Drowned Giant, The Secret War, The Tall Grass, Three Robots - Exit Strategies

C-Tier: Good Hunting, Automated Customer Service, Mason's Rats, Suits, Helping Hand, When the Yogurt Took Over, Night of the Mini Dead, Alternate Histories

D-Tier: Kill Team Kill, Sucker of Souls, Lucky 13, Beyond the Aquila Rift, Life Hutch, All Through the House, The Dump

F-Tier: Blind Spot, In Vaulted Halls EntombedJibaro, Sonnie's Edge, Snow in the Desert, Shape-Shifters

overall only disappointed with my viewing order, which started out very strong and then ended with dud after dud. i still enjoyed myself but, you know, would have been nice to end on a high note.

anyway here is the maker if you want to tell me how wrong i am again.