Sign in to follow this  
Nyx

A movie you can watch again and again

Is there a movie you'd be happy to watch more than once? Perhaps if it comes on the TV, whether you choose it on a streaming service, or even bought a copy of it.

Maybe it's well-known as a classic. Maybe you have some nostalgia associated with. Or maybe you just plain like to play it to a bowl of popcorn. Whatever the case, name a movie you don't get sick of anytime soon!

TOMT] Anime gif with two girls at the movie theatre, one tries putting her  hand over the other's shoulder: tipofmytongue

I haven't in a while but the movie I've probably rewatched the most is the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Both normally and with commentary. Haven't gotten sick of it but I now have more things I can watch so haven't gone back to it.

Call me crazy, but I think one time I've watched The Ten Commandments 3 times in one month. Yes, an old 4-hour movie. It's just so well done: The acting, the writing, and the set design as well as the original story of Exodus which I love. Hell, I'll probably watch it again soon, just don't know when.

EDIT: Since Sonic posted a list, I'll post one as well:

1. Any of the Pirate movies, but as Cow mentioned, the first one is the best
  2. Anything set in Middle Earth
  3. Troy
  4. A Clockwork Orange
  5. Full Metal Jacket
  6. Any movie by Quinten Tarantino
Edited by Thar

Lemme give you a list (since I KNOW I've watched em all multiple times):

• The Fifth Element
  • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers the Movie
  • Rush Hour Trilogy
  • Batman Forever (It's my guilty pleasure movie...I know it's bad...it's my guilty pleasure for this reason!!)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

There's lots for me

Any of the MCU, including the Sony Spider-Man movies (and Spider-Verse)

Any of the Fast & Furious franchise

Mortal Kombat (2021)

Pretty much any Disney movie

Descendants (mainly 1 and 2)

Hacksaw Ridge

The Green Mile

The Shawshank Redemption

Gridiron Gang

The Rock

Just to name a few

I'm sure I have more, but for now I just want to name one.

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. Sure, he was never in The Avengers. Sure, Tobey Maguire's delivery has a bit of room for improvement. Sure, the computer generated effects were still new at the time. And sure, most Marvel movies around this time could've been better, with most of them not getting their footing until like...2008. However, this movie was very special. Not just to me, but in general. The cast they had was nice. The retcon of our hero producing the webbing from his wrists instead of relying on the boy genius to the max with him SOMEHOW making an adhesive that he could manipulate better than a Spider does with its natural adhesive. And Danny Elfman's composition is nothing short of glorious. This movie makes you go through a variety of motions. It cracks a few jokes, has some compelling action, and tugs at your heartstrings.

I don't care if it happens to air on TV, if someone puts it on a service like Hulu, Netflix, or Disney Plus. I'll watch it.