Mr. Hyde

Digimon World Online (OOC/PG-13/Accepting)

07aaf32df597212d145ef7a8ba6c979e.png&f=1

Premise

The year is 2080.  With so much advancement in the world of Virtual Reality, gamers were anticipating the next new innovation to the genre.  Their patience was rewarded with the reveal of Digimon World Online, an entirely different virtual reality experience!  One where your physical being and consciousness were transported into the game itself!  Using a new technology, known as a Digilizer, the user's matter would be translated into a binary code, and injected into the game.  Upon logging out, your body would then be reassembled from the code.  With cautious optimism, the general public waited for the release.  That day is today.

Digimon World Online is a Sci-fi Fantasy MMORPG.  Players start by choosing a class of Tamer, and a Digimon (Digital Monster) companion.  Together, they'll take on whatever the Digital World has to offer, whether that be claiming to be the best Tamer on the server, Taking down an Evil Band of Baddies, or becoming a Digital Idol!  Grab a friend, and enjoy what the Digital World has to offer you!

Rules:

Spoiler

All NCM rules apply

1. Have fun 
2. 100 words minimum for posts. Advanced Clause applies to all
3. Please post in a timely fashion.  2 weeks without posting will result in a warning, and three warnings will turn into a removal from the RP.  
4. I and my cohost have final say in all matters pertaining to the RP.  

Database:

Spoiler

Digital Works:

Spoiler

The lead game development company responsible for Digimon World Online (DWO).  Their methods for creating such an expansive, surreal world are top secret.  Their lead developers are the only ones who handle the code of the game, and everything is ran through, and by, them.  

Digimon:

Spoiler

A creature that roams the digital world.  They have a wide, and varied, range of abilities and are able to go through a process called digivolution.  Wild Digimon roam the lands of DWO as well, and are usually territorial and extremely aggressive.  This is why Tamers are given their own Digimon upon starting their journey.  Their AI is complex, and can even show signs of emotion.  All Digimon are coded by the game company, and are frequently updated as more and more are suggested to be put in the game by fans.

Digivolution;

Spoiler

Digimon come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but one thing that is consistent between them is that they all share a specific leveling system.  All Digimon start as an egg that contains fresh data.  Upon hatching, they are considered at the Fresh level.  Upon gaining more experience, they proceed to Digivolve.  This process puts the Digimon through an extreme metamorphosis, changing it into a completely different Digimon all together.  The Level system is as follows.

Fresh -> In Training -> Rookie -> Champion -> Ultimate -> Mega -> Super Ultimate 

Aim to making your Digimon as strong as possible!

Tamers:

Spoiler

Tamers are the names of the players in DWO.  Each Tamer at the start of their journey will choose one of three tamer classes.  Tamers aren't usually the focus of attack in combat, but are the most important asset in a fight.  When a Tamer is knocked unconscious, their partner might lose all ability to fight.  If their partner digimon is knocked out, a Tamer will automatically lose a battle and be sent straight back to the last INN that they visited.  

Tamer Classes:

Spoiler

Digi Destined:

Spoiler

Digi Destined are the most balanced class of Tamer in DWO.  Their bond with their partner correlates to how strong their Partner can become!  They start their DWO adventure with a Partner Digimon, and a Digi Crest of their choosing.  Digi Crests are a symbol of a bond between Tamer and Digimon, and shine brightly when in total sync with their partner.  They are the most vulnerable of all Tamer types, but their Digimon are most likely to power up in a pinchy situation.  On rare occasions, Digi Destined are also able to tame multiple Digimon partners.  However, only one partner can be active in combat at any given time.  If certain conditions are met with other players in a party, or their own digimon, Digi Destined are able to perform a technique.  Known as Fusion Evolution, the tamer uses the core of two or more Digimon to fuse into another, more powerful digimon for a limited time.  

Brawler:

Spoiler

Brawler Tamers love to get in fights!  Because of this, they are able to fight Digimon at a level equal to their partners, meaning a Rookie level's partner will be able to fight on a level on par with Rookie Level Digimon.  Striking a combatant Digimon grants a Brawler a bit of a boost in power, absorbing a partial amount of the opponents data in their fists,  after their first strike as well.  Brawlers gain a unique ability once they have reached the Mega Level which allows them to Digivolve their partners with a Burst of Evolution power by using enough data stored in their fists.

Card Master:

Spoiler

Card Masters, true to their name, use Digital Trading Cards to give their partners a boost in battle.  They choose one permanent DigiCard upon first arriving in DWO.  These cards usually come in the form of general enhancements to the physical abilities of themselves or a partner, or weaponry.  Only one card of each type can be used during any given digibattle, so Card Masters must choose wisely while in a fight.  Some cards are permanent, and can be used any number of times, while others are too powerful and are one use only.  Cards can be obtained after successful battles against enemy Digimon, or through diplomatic means.  They are usually given as rewards for certain objectives as well.  The stronger the defeated Digimon, the more powerful cards they drop.  Card Masters also have a unique ability once their partner meets the conditions for Mega Evolution, wherein the Tamer and Partner fuse as one being.  This is usually the strongest style of Mega Evolution, but they are usually never able to obtain Super Ultimate status, or use Fusion Evolution, for this reason.

A list of relevant cards can be found here:  DigiCards

Digi Druid:

Spoiler

Digi Druids were thought to be the weakest of the Tamer Classes in Beta trials, as they do not start out with a Digimon Partner.  Instead, they are given a lesser Digimon Spirit to bond with.  This allows the Tamer to become a Digimon themselves.  Digi Druids aren't able to Digivolve either, rather they must upgrade their Digimon Spirit to acquire higher forms of Spirit Evolution!  Their are many Digimon Spirits to collect in the game as well, giving Digi Druids a diverse pool of options for combat.  They'll usually always have a spirit for every scenario.  Digi Druids also have a unique ability to collect the data of fallen foes, and Transform into that Digimon for a limited time, and once only.  Upon having more than one Spirit, Digi Druids are able to perform Slide Evolution, rapidly changing from one Spirit to the Next in quick succession.  

List of Digi Spirits

Map and Cities:

Spoiler

Miscellaneous info:

Spoiler

Nothing to see here

App Skeleton:

Spoiler

Tamer App:

Spoiler

Name:

Tamer Class: (Digi Destined/Brawler/Card Master/Druid)

Digimon Partner/Spirit:

Appearance: (Spoilered image or paragraph of description.  Include height and weight, regardless.)

Personality: (A paragraph to describe what your character is like.)

Biography: (Two Options are available to you here.  You may give an extended Biography of your character's life up until DWO, or you can summarize important events, or things that they would willingly divulge about themselves in everyday conversation, in listed segments.  Whether you want to DM the details to me is up to you.  

Miscellaneous: (Anything not mentioned in the above categories.  If your class is Card Master, please keep track of known cards in inventory here.

Partner App:

Spoiler

Species:

Nickname: (If Applicable)

Gender: (Digimon don't normally have Gender, but feel free for it to have one)

Appearance: 

Personality: (A couple lines will do here.  Your digimon is fresh out of the egg, but feel free to give it any personality type you want.)

Evolution Line: (Your Digimon's Evolution tree from Fresh to Mega.  Feel free to play it a little loose with the line as well.  As long as the Evolution makes sense to me, it's game!)

Accepted Characters:

Spoiler

Probably not gonna be anything here :3

Edited by Mr. Hyde

Hmmm, Digimon VRMMORPG...

I don't see what could possibly go wrong! *Notices the glimpses of the isekai trope rope dangling* ...no possible way at all...yeah, interest.

We are officially now an OOC!  If I don't have you on discord, feel free to send me a message so you may be added to the group chat!  

Ice Ice Baby

Spoiler

Human App

Spoiler

"Let's see...what's the best card for this situation?"

Name: Elton Walker
DWO Username: AllUrBase
Tamer Class: Card Master
Digimon Partner: Berg the Blucomon
Appearance:

Spoiler

jordan_sweeto_by_squchan_daxgdzp-pre.jpg

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 165 lbs

Personality:

Spoiler

Elton has been a hard-worker for a good portion of his life, so much so that it's just become second nature to him. He puts 100% to even 200% into every single thing he does, whether it's the job to help him and his mother out, a favor for a few of his friends (how ever few those are) or even just gaming when he has time to. Because of this, he's seen as a reliable individual that will definitely get the job done when it's needed, which can be seen as a good thing...or a bad thing...just depends on your view.

He happens to have a sharp mind, knowing how to react and deal with certain events or actions that may come his way. He isn't on the level of someone whose a genius or even a prodigy, but he's not as dull as one would think. His constant usage of strategy games and even applications at college have sharpened his mind to where he can think and react quicker. This also makes it seem like he knows everything...and it's something he's claimed the opposite of, but then again, translating that online and in real life is a lot more difficult than one would realize.

Biography:

Spoiler

(Will work on an ACTUAL Bio later...)

• Lives with his single mother, has helped her ever since his father left them.
  • Works at a game shop, which is where he pre-ordered and obtained his copy of DWO.
  • Currently has a Master's Degree in Information Technology and is majoring in software development with a minor in game making.
  • Is a video game fanatic, namely strategy and adventure games (which is both things that got him into the Card Master class). 

Digivice & DigiCards:

Spoiler

IMG_20201202_202027-scaled.jpg

The D-Ark
The Digivice for the Card Master Tamer Class, perfect for Card Slashing and allowing for Biomerge Evolution.

List of DigiCards

• Surfimon - A DigiCard that grants Berg the ability to materialize Surfimon's Dash Slider hoverboard to utilize it in the "Lightning Cutter" technique.
  • Sting Cannon - A Single-Use DigiCard that materializes a missile launcher in the shape of a Flymon's Thorax that would fire off a single, venomous stinger.

Miscellaneous Info
Elton's Theme | Card Slash!!

Player Stats
Lv. 2
Bits - 1000
EXP - 100

• -

Digimon App

Spoiler

"Can you hurry up and pick one already? I want to go bash some heads!"

Nickname: Berg
Species: Bulucomon/Blucomon
Appearance:

Spoiler

320px-Bulucomon.jpg

Personality:

Spoiler

Berg is a brash but kind-hearted ice dino. He's pretty rough around the edges (or icy around the edges, who knows) and is always ready for a scrap and battle to take place. Now he means well, but sometimes his approach to things are a bit rougher than others. This is something that Elton hopes to fix with him...keyword is hope. Then again, the ice dino is a pretty quick learner, so there's definitely a lot of hope!

Strangely enough, Berg has an odd habit of making ice and immediately chomping on it...sort of like how most people have a cup of ice and just munch on it.

Evolution Line:

Spoiler

Yukimi Botamon -> Hiyarimon -> Bulucomon -Evolution-> Paledramon -Matrix Evolution-> Crys Paledramon -Matrix Evolution/Biomerge-> Hexeblaumon

Attacks:

Spoiler

Yukimi Botamon

• Diamond Dust

Hiyarimon

• Diamond Dust

Bulucomon

• Baby Hail
  • Ice Mash

Paledramon

• Ice Age
  • Meteor Hail

Crys Paledramon

• Frozen Claw
  • Callous Dimension

Hexeblaumon

• Summon Frost
  • Absolute Blast
  • Hecto Edge Blizzard

Miscellaneous Info
Berg's Theme | Evolution! | Matrix Evolution/Biomerge!

• Berg's nickname basically stems from the word "iceberg", which fit due to his icy aesthetic.
  •  

Edited by Chaos Sonic

Aoki Hideyo and Reef

Spoiler

Aoki:

Spoiler

jnJtrJp.jpeg

"So this is DWO, huh?  Kinda just looks like the real world.  What a ripoff."

Name: Aoki Hideyo

DWO Username: OHKO-YO

Tamer Class: Brawler

Digimon Partner/Spirit: Reef the Sangomon 

Appearance: 

Spoiler

sample_763e4314e8ccfd21718b4b3c6b501cc13

Height: 6ft

Weight: 187 lbs

Personality: 

Spoiler

Free spirited, and snarky to the nth degree, Aoki Hideyo is no stranger to a life of thrills and excitement.  He has been known to always be the first one to jump off of something incredibly high, that would probably lead to unequivocal injury if not thanks to his sheer amount of dumb luck.   Hideyo has often times been called 'overbearing', but he can't stand to not see others having fun!  While those people would often call him an airhead, Hideyo just likes to think that he knows all the he needs to know.  

Hideyo loves to try new experiences, and has picked up a few good skills in his time as a nomadic teenager.  Navigating the world was like a game to him, so exploring a totally new one was something he'd never pass the chance on!

Biography: 

Spoiler

- Orphaned at a young age due to a boating accident.  Had a phobia of the water, but has since overcome it.

- Mixed Martial Artist adept.  Red Belt in Kenpo, but is a better Boxer.

- Learned how to do basic cons and pickpockets on the street.  

- Used to be a part of a small high school gang.  Got beat up by a rival, and was arrested by Police.  Has tried to clean up his act.

- Bought DWO from pure excitement of trying something new.  Was never really good at regular video games.

Miscellaneous: N/A

Reef:

Spoiler

Species: Sangomon 

Nickname: Reef

Appearance: 

Spoiler

320px-Sangomon.jpg

Personality: 

Spoiler

Reef is a ball of energy most of the time, almost to a fault.  He loves getting into whatever shenaningans that he can get into, whether that be playing pranks on friends, or mimicking their every move.  He is very impressionable, and picks up on things rather quickly.  

Evolution Line: 

Spoiler

Pichimon              Bukamon                    Sangomon                          Manbomon                    MarinChimariamon                               Regalecusmon

PqPwz6I.png      ->    Qfc5Hsj.png->    x7S65qT.png  ->     Dwhfq2X.png  ->    txLXehu.png  ->    YleTt19.png

Edited by Mr. Hyde

San-Francisco Sasquatch 

Spoiler

Sammy

Spoiler

Name: Samantha Kobayashi (Sammy)

Username: san_francisco_giant

Tamer Class: Brawler

Digimon Partner: Sequoia

Appearance: 

Spoiler

image0.jpg?width=533&height=710

Sammy is absolutely titanic, standing at 7' tall and weighing over 220 lbs. Her long, bright , curly red hair cascades down her shoulders to halfway down her back. Her clothes are typically either slightly too small height-wise or are custom-made. Her typical outfit is a small jacket, tight tank-top, shorts, and flip-flops.

Personality: 

Spoiler

Despite her towering apperance, Sammy is surprisingly shy. However, those that get to know her find her to be cheerful, passionate, and adventurous person. Sammy loves to travel to new places, eat new foods, and generally try new things, especially with people she knows. Sammy also tends to get extremely close to her friends, willing to help with whatever they need. 

Despite being a ray of sunshine to those around her, Sammy tends to be self-conscious about her appearance, especially her height. Being bullied all her life, Sammy tends to not be the most confident person in the room, often just deferring to her friends when needed. Sammy is also unnerved by her own physical prowess, as she tends to be quite the clutz and has no control over her own strength.

Biography: 

Spoiler

So, Samantha, can I ask you a few questions about your life?

"Sure! Don't get too personal though."

What motivated you to get DWO?

“DWO is an interesting game!  Being able to go into the game and interact with people is very unique and gives me an opportunity to talk to people. Hopefully my nerves don’t act up too much on launch day…”

I noticed that your last name is Japanese. Is there any particular reason why?

"I was adopted by Mama and Papa soon after my birth, I think. I've actually been bilingual ever since I started talking."

So what are your parents like? What do they do?

"Mama and Papa both work at our family's sushi restaurant. They're both extremely nice and always there for me. Papa can be scary when he's mad though... even with him being two feet shorter than me chuckle"

So where do you live?

"Currently, I'm living with my parents in an apartment in Japantown. My parent's restaurant is right below our apartment actually."

What is living above a restaurant like?

"It's... quite hectic, to be honest! I can hear noise coming from the restaurant most of the night. But on the bright side, at least I get really good food!"

How did your experience with school go? I believe you just graduated high school, correct?

"Overall, school has gone generally well. I did get bullied hard during middle school though. That sucked."

How were you bullied?

"It was generally the usual name-calling, insults, rumors. One of them even tried to fight me. I tried to slap him... and accidentally broke his nose. Still don't fully trust myself because of that."

Now, as we're wrapping up... one last question

"...yes?"

How tall are you exactly?

"7 ft tall exactly."

Is there any particular reason for your height?

"I have no clue why I'm so tall. However, my doctors suspect that it's a genetic disorder of some sort."

Miscellaneous: 

Spoiler

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Sequoia

Spoiler

Species: Palmon

Nickname: Sequoia

Appearance: Sequoia resembles their species, but have a distinctive reddish-brown tint in the limbs. They are also big for their species.

Personality: 

Spoiler

Sequoia is an aggressive but friendly digimon, protecting Sammy no matter what. Sequioa can be hot-headed and often fights without thinking first, but is utterly loyal to Sammy.

Evolution Line: 

Spoiler

Yuramon -> Budmon -> Palmon -> Woodmon -> Jyureimon

Edited by FourEyesIsAFish

Make It Rain

Spoiler

YuiShionCommNoBG.png

"Hah!?"

Name: Shion Oomori
DWO Username: Zer0Noise
Tamer Class: Digidestined
Digimon Partner: Pomumon

Appearance:

Spoiler

YuiShionComm.png
Height: 5'3"

art by

When pre-ordering the collector's edition of DWO, the buyer receives a token that can be traded in at the login screen for one of a few exclusive cosmetic items, which come with unique vanity effects. Shion chose the poncho seen above, which comes with a personal raincloud hovering just over her head. The cloud is supposed to be toggleable, but due to a small yet incredibly persistent bug, it can't be toggled off, even if the poncho is removed. The cloud's radius and the degree of rain it produces, however, can be adjusted as Shion pleases through a special menu.

Personality:

Spoiler

At best, Shion can be difficult to get along with. Setting aside the simple detail that she's an introverted sort and easily frustrated, she also has trouble trusting others, and even after getting her to talk and trust, Shion still has a tendency to take things the wrong way. This means she can easily form a grudge where there shouldn't be one, harming the trust one may have worked so hard to build up. Winning her over with simple favors of gifts doesn't work either, as not only is Shion incredibly independent, she is adamantly independent. She doesn't like others doing things for her or giving her gifts, and in exchange she tends to rarely do any favors for others, just the way she likes it. She may, however, give the occasional gift to someone she likes (as far as Shion liking people goes), and can get incredibly offended if turned down. And yet, despite generally trying to avoid people, Shion also wants people to pay attention to her. She'll act out, say harsh things, and more to ensure someone's looking at her, but getting too close to confirm they're watching can easily lead to becoming her next target.

If, somehow, one can navigate the social death trap that is her exterior, what they'll find is a girl with no idea what she wants, what to do, or how to process the myriad of complicated emotions swirling around in her head. Not having the answers to questions that only she can answer is a source of endless frustration for Shion, and that frustration gets taken out in the form of her poor behaviors. Whatever she decides to do, however, she'll choose to do it by herself, and do it her way, for herself. After all, Shion is Shion, and nobody else. Keeping that simple, obvious truth in mind when interacting with her is one of the most surefire ways to stay on her good side.

Biography:

Spoiler
  • Grew up decently wealthy, and always got good grades in school.
  • Her mother is a highly successful idol, but not very good at being a mother.
  • Around the start of high school, Shion started lashing out against other kids.
  • Very nearly got expelled during second year, but cleaned up her act at least a little bit after that incident. (She was, however, banned from taking home ec.)
  • Began taking out her growing frustations in VR games, sparing her schoolmates the brunt of her fury.
  • Pre-ordered the collector's edition of DWO because she was a fan of the dev studio, and for the special cosmetic token.

Misc:

Spoiler
  • The rain from Shion's cloud isn't coded the same as actual water, for game balance reasons. While it shares a few properties with water - most notably its ability to make things wet - it instantly despawns on contact with anything that may interact with water in a certain way, meaning it can't do things like extinguish fires, ruin food, or other interactions between water and the world around it. Functionally, it's better to think of Shion's rain more like a special particle effect with only a trivial amount of actual gameplay impact.
  • Skipped out on going to college. Has not considered what to do with her life as an alternative.
  • Since she's prepped most of her meals herself since childhood, Shion is actually a surprisingly good cook. Rather proud of this fact.

DIGIMON PARTNER:

Spoiler

640px-Pomumon.jpg

Species: Pomumon
Nickname: Gea
Personality: Much like his Tamer, Gea is decidedly an introvert. The similarities end there, however. In a stark contrast to the harsh, bitter Shion, Gea is timid and does his best to be a people-pleaser.

Digivolution Line:

impomu.png

Edited by yui

It's Not Like This is an App or Anything...

Spoiler

Jeanne:

Spoiler

5cXfXHq.png

"Game ruined my life, zero out of ten would play again."

Name: Jeanne Sakamoto

DWO Username: Maya

Tamer Class: Card Master

Digimon Partner: "Fido" the Gazimon

Appearance:

Spoiler

GluLiDb.jpg

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 115 lbs

Personality:

Spoiler

Jeanne is usually cold, abrasive and lacking in tact though often intentionally so. She does her best to appear dejected and unconcerned with most going on around her. This makes her something of a killjoy in most circles as she tries to deflate most enthusiastic displays of emotion with a few deadpan comments. Caring about stuff is kinda cringe after all and she'll be sure to let others know as much.

Of course she does care very much about a lot of things, it's just not worth getting worked up over. Life has a way of ruining things she likes so the less she comments the less likely the universal conspiracy is to take them away. Still, she manages to float in and out of many social groups with relative ease. So long as no one tries her patience or she doesn't wear on theirs things are fine. But genuine connections are few and far between and rarely will Jeanne actually admit to them being actual friendships. There's always an excuse, some other explanation to what's going on. The most popular reason why she hangs around the strange individuals she does is she likes to see people make fools of themselves up close and personal.

Behind all this Jeanne devotes her whole being to things she actually cares about. But one would have to catch her unawares in her room to ever discover what those things might be. Little bits of her enthusiasm leak through when her hobbies come up as topics of discussion so the careful eye might begin to notice.

Biography:

Spoiler
  • Born to an upper middle-class family, both parents are business execs and work a lot.
  • Not technically an only child but Jeanne won't speak of her sibling.
  • French Mother, Japanese Father. Moved around a lot until Jeanne was ten then settled in Japan.
  • Struggled in middle school but shaped up, got into high school and hovered near the top of the class from her second year on.
  • Never quite one of the popular kids despite this. Kept a low profile and hung out with a lot of questionable folks.  
  • Wouldn't technically be wrong to call her Shion Oomori's bff but Jeanne says it's a bit more complicated than that.
  • Made it into college but doesn't seem totally sold that it's the right move.
  • Has been calling DWO lame since it's announcement but some friends were overly excited to the point she felt it only fair to give it a go before writing it off.

Miscellaneous:

Spoiler
  • Spends a good chunk of time streaming as a vtuber nearly exactly opposite in personality to herself but has not told a living soul.
  • Planning to draw her way through college with that sweet commissions/patreon money to boot.

DigiCards

• Brave Shield: Summons War Greymon's Brave Shield to defend against attacks.

Gazimon:

Spoiler

Species: Gazimon

Nickname: Fido

Appearance: 

Spoiler

hHCQJbV.png

Personality: About as upright as they come, very focused on right and wrong. Tends to be positive and supportive but not to those doing perceived wrongs. This extends to loyalty to their partner and they tend toward absolutes. Also hates their nickname and would prefer to be called by their current species name.

Evolution Line: Botamon > Pagumon > Gazimon > Leomon > GrapLeomon > BanchoLeomon

Edited by Doggo