Sign in to follow this  
Nyx

Post a Yugioh archetype and I'll Rate it out of 10

23 minutes ago, Mr Spaz said:

Artifact

6/10

They've got handy cards and nice art. But it's usually a select few that are squeezed into Decks. I mean, you could try to build a pure Artifact Deck. But it won't work out that well.

3 hours ago, Nyx said:

6/10

They've got handy cards and nice art. But it's usually a select few that are squeezed into Decks. I mean, you could try to build a pure Artifact Deck. But it won't work out that well.

I actually used a Pure Artifact build one time. It was actually pretty decent. Haven't played that deck since pre-Links, though.

Chronomaly

On 8/25/2021 at 8:51 PM, Mr Spaz said:

I actually used a Pure Artifact build one time. It was actually pretty decent. Haven't played that deck since pre-Links, though.

Chronomaly

6/10

Their playstyle and aesthetic are both just okay for me. There's a select few I like. I do like how they're based on out of place parts in history and geography, but there's only a couple whos art I really like (like Chrononaut). But not an archetype I get super excited for.

5 hours ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Curious what you think about Gladiator Beasts.

4/10

I don't like their battle-based playstyle. Sure, it's not all they do. But it's not generally compelling to me. Nor is the art to me. I like the art of Nerokius, Tamer Editor, and Murmillo, but not much else.

1 hour ago, LordCowCow said:

How about...Ghostricks

7/10

I LOVE their aesthetic. And screwing over my opponent with cards like Yuki-Onna and Skeleton. But...they are TOO slow! If only they had some sort of self-Summoner. Or a Spell that can Special Summon 1 face-up or flip them, or both. I dunno. SOMETHING to overhaul the archetype.

21 minutes ago, cr47t said:

Just asking, do decks w/o archetypes as a base count?

No

1 hour ago, cr47t said:

Deskbots

5/10

They're cute little robots. I like them aesthetically. But the archetype's playstyle? They don't have much going on past their beatdown strategy. Maybe some swarming. But it's mostly beatdown. There is Deskbot Jet, but that's about it.

18 minutes ago, cr47t said:

Kozmo? (I find it's one of those decks you either love to play or hate to play against)

2/10

I like the Star Wars and Wizard of Oz references and art. But do I like the playstyle? No. I hate this archetype.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:51 PM, LordCowCow said:

Noble Knights

7/10

Not my first choice when playing the card game. But I love the aesthetic. Also, a few handy cards, I guess. Just...don't mix up the Flame Noble Knights in here. I don't like them.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:19 AM, Mr Spaz said:

Nordic/Aesir

7/10

I LOVE the aesthetic. And Norse mythology doesn't get anywhere near as much love as, oh I don't know, Greek mythology. But there is WAY too much room for improvement. They got a cute and handy Link monster. But it's just not enough!

On 8/30/2021 at 11:29 PM, MetalSonic said:

Harpies

9/10

Love the art and playstyle. Really only loses a point if you happen to go against them is all.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:31 AM, Mr Spaz said:

Windwitch

10/10

Easy to Summon, beautiful, and good friends with other cards! Just take Aleister for example

Could've sworn I replied to these...

1 minute ago, LordCowCow said:

Thunder Dragons

4/10

I do think it's nice that something so ancient gets support. Like Skull Servant. But DAMN did they overcompensate. I even pulled Colossus from a pack, and it's worth fuck all because he got banned. Art's meh, and the playstyle? I dunno. I'm not feeling it.

4 minutes ago, worK said:

sky striker

1/10

I like the art. And that Spell is handy, I guess. But...I really hate the lack of monsters.