Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Roxas

Spider-Man: No Way Home

After months of waiting, we finally got the teaser trailer for No Way Home.

I've been really enjoying the MCU Spider-Man films, so I'm looking forward to this. So far it looks like some of the rumors have been confirmed, though still no sign of Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield here.

I've watched this trailer an ungodly amount of time at this point...I'm still hyped for it and am getting giddy over what was revealed.

Now, this is just me (and we all know Marvel won't do it), but this film here only needs this teaser trailer and nothing else. I mean, the teaser is something we should be hyped enough with until December. The more trailers pop up, the more they'd end up showing and ruining the surprises and twists in the film. With a movie like this...they need to only do one trailer and give us the suspense on what'll happen. Let us be surprised in December...least that's just my thought process on it.

ALSO!! I'd like to think that the end of WandaVision and the end of Loki culminate and basically happen all at the same time in the moment of Strange and Parker ruining the spell. Thinking about it that way, honestly it makes sense.

This trailer did just enough to get people hooked. If there is any truth to the rumors of Tobey and Andrew in this, that's probably something they'll show in the final trailer, unless their roles in the movie are much smaller, like a cameo or so.

I haven't watched WandaVision or Loki yet, but I have read the spoilers. They are happening close enough together that it's the multiverse basically taking one hit after another. Peter and Strange are just the final straw.

Something about this trailer makes me think that it's less Peter traveling between universes, so much as all the different universes bleeding into each other. I've seen a theory based on Peter's outfit at the end that he might be "replacing" Tobey and Andrew in their scenes, and while I could see some merit in that, I'm thinking more like, say, Crisis on Infinite Earths, with all the Earths merging together, but maybe it's not perfect. Like Strange said, "The problem is you trying to live two different lives." Peter cannot completely separate his personal life from his superhero life, so if he cannot make that separation, then all his lives, even from alternate realities, are blending together. Blur the lines even more than the end of Far From Home.

I also appreciate that they're taking the barest of bones from One More Day (Technically One Moment In Time, considering Dr. Strange is the one casting the spell here), and going in a completely different direction with it. Peter's unmasking in Civil War was a quick sales boost, and they only did it because they already had One More Day planned. They could afford to unmask Peter because it was just going to be swept under the rug with the marriage anyway.

Here, though? There's no marriage to erase. Peter's identity isn't a pretense for revoking something else. At worst, the executive meddling could be that this is how Sony gets the Sinister Six movie they've been trying to make for about the past decade. Even then, I wouldn't really mind that. People have made a good point about Sony endlessly rebooting Spider-Man, and this seems like a decent opportunity to make it all worthwhile.

Captain America: Civil War showed that the MCU can take just enough from a bad story and make something great. I hope they do the same here.

19 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

1. Something about this trailer makes me think that it's less Peter traveling between universes, so much as all the different universes bleeding into each other. I've seen a theory based on Peter's outfit at the end that he might be "replacing" Tobey and Andrew in their scenes, and while I could see some merit in that, I'm thinking more like, say, Crisis on Infinite Earths, with all the Earths merging together, but maybe it's not perfect. Like Strange said, "The problem is you trying to live two different lives." Peter cannot completely separate his personal life from his superhero life, so if he cannot make that separation, then all his lives, even from alternate realities, are blending together. Blur the lines even more than the end of Far From Home.

2. I also appreciate that they're taking the barest of bones from One More Day (Technically One Moment In Time, considering Dr. Strange is the one casting the spell here), and going in a completely different direction with it. Peter's unmasking in Civil War was a quick sales boost, and they only did it because they already had One More Day planned. They could afford to unmask Peter because it was just going to be swept under the rug with the marriage anyway.

Here, though? There's no marriage to erase. Peter's identity isn't a pretense for revoking something else. At worst, the executive meddling could be that this is how Sony gets the Sinister Six movie they've been trying to make for about the past decade. Even then, I wouldn't really mind that. People have made a good point about Sony endlessly rebooting Spider-Man, and this seems like a decent opportunity to make it all worthwhile.

Captain America: Civil War showed that the MCU can take just enough from a bad story and make something great. I hope they do the same here.

1. A MCU version of Crisis on Infinite Earths...okay honestly that sounds amazing! But yeah, Strange saying that is pretty much hitting the nail on the head. The fact that he can't make the separation (then again, he's still a HS Student right now, so he's still learning about how to figure things out) is really affecting him greatly. It also is showing IMMENSELY about Peter and his infamous Parker Luck that they've talked about constantly in the comics...the fact that Parker is sort of the counter balance in the good and bad luck...most of it always being bad luck for him.

2. I believe that the OMD/OMIT idea is good here...and I'm already theorizing that at the end, the spell will end up working for it. Cause with OMD, aside from identity being given back, Aunt May died...now I'm not saying she will...but think of this: someone is going to die (possibly just by the trailer) and finally it'll end up coming to where that'll be the catalyst to where Parker says screw it and just have the world no longer make the connection of Parker and Spidey. Truth be told, it is true...the bad stories in Marvel comics history can be tailored into something great (we just aren't counting Crossbones in that movie...cause GAWD...).

So we have 5 villains in this movie... Lizard, Sandman, Electro, Green Goblin and Doc Ock... yeah... Tom's Spider-Man isn't going to be able to handle 5 villains at once... he's gonna have back up... question is, will it be Tobey's or Andrew's Spider-Man to help him? Or will both? and will there be a 6th and we have a multiversal Sinister Six? if so... who?

For those asking about Lizard... here's the proof, it looks like whoever is trying to attack Peter is wearing a lab coat or something on it's back

I did see the Lizard hint, and I could see that one. Makes sense that it would be him, especially since he was one of the ones meant to set up the Sinister Six.

I do have to wonder who the sixth member would be. I think with the teases we've seen so far, I hope the sixth member is the "real" villain of the movie, though I could also see Mysterio somehow, given how he's traditionally a member of the Sinister Six. And while I'm reaching here, that could also fit with how Mysterio was the main villain of Spider-Men because he could access the multiverse.

Between the rumors of Tobey and Andrew in this, and possibly Daredevil as Peter's lawyer, people are certainly expecting a very particular movie here. I only hope that this can live up to those expectations, and that people aren't setting themselves up for disappointment.

Same time...we practically have a few villains here in the MCU version:

That's already four...from this side of the multiverse...so while the idea of a Sinister Six in this would be good, it sounds more like the comic's recent event known as "The Sinister War". And well, it may sound like an awesome premise, I think at the same time, it might be TOO much for the MCU movie to deal with. So the idea of bringing every single past villain from the other movies is both awesome (along with heavily possible for at least three), unsure having the others popping up at the same time as well to be a good thing.

Way I see it: knock Chameleon and Mysterio off the list, that leaves us with three...add the three from the other universes, boom...that's our Sinister Six for a while. Same time, seeing the fact that Mysterio being part of this connecting with "Spider-Men" (which I adored when it came out) is a very fun little easter egg to have about. It would then combine a few other stories into the narrative aside from OMD/OMIT.

Yeah, they already set up several members of the Sinister Six in Homecoming, so it's weird having multiversal villains for this instead.

Was Dimitri's last name ever confirmed? I know there's a decent chance that he is Chameleon, but I doubt they'd use him as Chameleon.

Sinister War has come to mind as well, if only because, again, One More Day. This movie is using parts of it, while Sinister War may or may not be reversing it. It just seems... weird to have that story come up so prominently in both the comics and MCU. However, Sinister War won't end until September 22, so I doubt it has much influence on this movie. The coincidence is certainly curious, however. Given how Spider-Man movies get particularly criticized for having too many villains, a roster as big as Sinister War would be overkill.

I think we should just have one Sinister Six for this. I know Vulture is going to be in the Morbius movie, so I wonder if that makes a difference here.

26 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

Yeah, they already set up several members of the Sinister Six in Homecoming, so it's weird having multiversal villains for this instead.

Was Dimitri's last name ever confirmed? I know there's a decent chance that he is Chameleon, but I doubt they'd use him as Chameleon.

Sinister War has come to mind as well, if only because, again, One More Day. This movie is using parts of it, while Sinister War may or may not be reversing it. It just seems... weird to have that story come up so prominently in both the comics and MCU. However, Sinister War won't end until September 22, so I doubt it has much influence on this movie. The coincidence is certainly curious, however. Given how Spider-Man movies get particularly criticized for having too many villains, a roster as big as Sinister War would be overkill.

I think we should just have one Sinister Six for this. I know Vulture is going to be in the Morbius movie, so I wonder if that makes a difference here.

Unsure if Dimitri's last name was confirmed, but then again...there have been plenty of media I may not have consumed to notice if it was or wasn't. Yeah, the overkill on villain roster on this movie would be concerning, so it's not to over crowd the movie. Because with Raimi 3 and Amazing 2...it shows having more than one or two is usually the recipe for disaster...but the MCU has gained strides in showing that's not always the case. Perhaps this will be different...

Yeah Toomes is going to be in Morbius, so that's what's got me curious about how things are. Plus, didn't realize that Toomes wasn't making an appearance in this movie, from what I've seen. So at this moment, there's only 3 here and it's multiversal...which, going back to the above mentioned Lizard and Sandman, wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

Going to avoid spoilers for everybody else's sake, but I absolutely loved this movie. I had high expectations going into this, and it blew them out of the water. This movie was a treat for a lifelong Spider-Man fan, and I'm looking forward to seeing where they could go from here.