Mr. Hyde

Digimon World Online (IC/PG-13/Pending Acceptance)

"Hell yeah!  Your partner's got some Guts Elt!  Wam!  Bam!  Give 'em the ol' one, two!"

"He certainly does..." Elton nodded with a smirk at seeing Berg just meleeing the Flymon as much as the tiny ice dino could, though he did his best to kind of keep the two of them on balance with the board, feeling Aoki shadow box like he was. "H-Hey! Easy with the shadow boxing there, chief! Otherwise we're gonna fall!" he grumbled slightly.

"Yo, Elt, what are the chances we can incase this sucker in ice?  I bet with Reef's water stream, and Berg's baby hail, we could put this Flymon on the rocks!"

The young man looked at Aoki and then looked back at the situation at hand. His hand was brought to his chin as he thought the idea through a few times. "Hmmm...given the fact that we've downed it, possibly removing it's air mobility wouldn't be a bad option. If anything that'll keep it grounded for a ground assault to have any real lasting effect." ...plus, ice damage is pretty detrimental in any given game...

Before he could really give an answer, Aoki was already ordering Reef to assist with Berg and bring the water to hose down the Flymon. While that was happening, he noticed a Commandramon assisting with covering fire against the Flymon. Elton simply gave a bit of a two fingered salute to the Commandramon before looking at Aoki. "Honestly, your surprising me with your thought processes, Aoki. Shame you went Brawler and not Card Master...I'd think you'd be quite the strategist." he chuckled, before looking to Berg. "Berg! New plan: freeze the insect utilizing Reef's water!"

"10-4 on that, Elton!" Berg flashed a thumbs towards the two Tamers and kept dodging the water jets that Reef was firing off. "Nice shot bud, now let's get this nice and chilled for him. BABY HAIL!!!" The ice dino fired off another set of icicles in the areas that the water hit, in hopes that it would freeze.

Sammy

As the Flymon flew towards her, Sammy froze, suddenly feeling the eyes of all of her new friends on her. All the pressure. However, just as Sammy was about to be it, her plant friend jumped on to her, knocking them both down. 

"Thanks for the save, bud..." Sammy said.

"Nah, it was nothing kid. Now... isn't there a usurper to deal with?"

Sammy stood up and grabbed Sequoia. "Oh, now we're talking"

With a slam!, Flymon was grounded once again, but now with an angry plant biting its face off and a very tall girl hammering it. Occasionally, Sammy looked up and gave the kid next to her a grin and a thumbs up.

Edited by FourEyesIsAFish

shionbanner.png

"Thanks for the save, I suppose...guess we're square now."

Shion had done favors to NPCs before. Any MMO gamer worth their salt had done so more times than they'd ever be able to count, unless they were some freak with a memory card for a brain. More often than not, the return favor amounted to pretty much nothing. It wasn't that Shion wanted to help this bucket of bolts - that was just a convenient side effect of flinging her digimon at the nearby worms - but now that they were "square" Shion was comfortable in the knowledge she shouldn't go out of her way to help it again. Though did a player's digimon count as an NPC? Was a favor to Tinkermon a favor to this Seichi? For the time being, Shion set aside complicated questions like that, so she could focus on what mattered.

"I'll back you all up!  We gotta get to the real fight, before Seichi gets hurt!"

"But Gea's a babyyyy what can he doooo," Shion mocked, delivering one last throw to the nearby Kunemon for good measure and catching her own partner on the rebound. With the worms handled, it was on to the beetle. Just in time too, to feel a buzzing in Shion's pocket. Fishing out the source, she was pleasantly surprised to find it was her digivice. And it said Gea was ready for the next step up.

"You four might not have grace, but you have some fun style!"

"Grace is for people who want adoring fans. I'll pass."

As for the digivice...

Looking it over, Shion pressed the appropriate button. The little device whirred to life, enveloping Gea in a bundle of zeroes and ones. From within the bubble of numbers, out burst her partner, in a new, more powerful form. It was a pink bird-dinosaur-pineapple thing. Frankly, it was an affront to Shion's eyes. How do I undo it?

"Think fast, you're going right in!" Shion said, wasting no time picking up her now-heavier partner, and throwing him into the action as best she could, as she had done before.

Edited by yui

With Tinkermon's help, Shion and Jeanne now found themselves in a much better situation. Not being entirely surrounded by small violent digimon was definitely an improvement. Jeanne's own digivice lit up after some of the initial scraps though she took longer to take stock of what it meant, first watching Shion. Her partner turned into a bigger version of itself and got right back to fighting. Jeanne looked from Fido, back to her device, lingered on Fido a little longer and ultimately pushed the button. Suddenly her partner was noticeably taller.

"Woah, look at you. You found your limbs... and a tail... and some sick looking claws." Jeanne commented with a whistle while looking over her now Gazimon. "Well Fido, we sticking with poison bubbles or you got some new tricks?"

"I told you I'm not Fido, I'm Gaizmon" her partner protested not even skipping a beat at its new form's name. That was data for you. The two stared each other down for a second before Fido explained to its partner the new attacks it had. Jeanne's eyes widened some before her face fell back into a cheeky smile.

"Seems kinda underhanded doesn't it?" she teased. Fido assured her it was perfectly respectable because if it wasn't he wouldn't have been made to have them. "Well whatever lets you sleep at night I guess. Time to get that big bug. Let's lead off with Pitfall." She declared half-heartedly. Fido eagerly took off digging into the ground beneath them, going first several feet down before burrowing off to help Shion engage her target.

"You know I didn't have the heart to ask it if this would even work on something with wings." Jeanne said while repressing a snorting laugh to Shion. Hopefully Fido's trap laying wouldn't be for nothing.

aoki.png

With the cover fire, and mixture of water and ice, the Flymon screeched as it was slowly encased in a thick layer of solid ice.  Aoki grinned at the fact that his plan had worked.  He then cracked his knuckles, with a rather devilish grin appearing on his face.  Things were about to get a little crazy.  

"Keep your balance Elt!  I'm going for the finisher!"  Awkwardly, Aoki started to climb onto Elton's shoulders, as they surfed through the air.  "Make a beeline for that...bee!"  As they approached rapidly, Aoki crouched down atop of Elton, and sprung high into the air.  His own ability surprised him, he'd never be able to jump this high in the real world!  Getting a grip on gravity, he made his descent towards the incased Flymon.  He swiped under his nose with a smirk, as he reared back his fist.  A sort of blueish hue began to emanate from it, the sight of data trailing behind his fist in 1's and 0's.  

"AO KEN!"  Aoki roared, as he threw his fist out, colliding with the popsicled arthropod.  He easily tore through it, breaching the ice and making direct contact with the Flymon's abdomen.  An explosion of blue data occurred, followed by the sound of crunching that could be either from the ice, or Flymon's exoskeleton.  It was up to anyone's guess.  Aoki smiled, as he stood atop the downed Flymon, raising his fist in the air.  Beneath him, the Flymon faded away, turning it's body to data which flew on high into the sky.  "Now that's what a call a fight!  Nice job Elt!  Nice Fight Berg!"  

LtREHXT.png?1

The player and Impish Digimon looked on in fright, as Sammy and Sequoia pummeled the Flymon almost to a yellow paste.  

"Should we help him?"  The Imp looked to it's tamer.

"Absolutely not.  I don't think we should get involved with these two..."  Quietly, the two of them made their escape, before they incurred the wrath of the rather tall lady and her plant friend.  After a couple of seconds of ruthlessness, the Flymon disintegrated into the air as data.   

LtREHXT.png?1

"Think fast, you're going right in!"  

Tinkermon looked fast to her side, trying to usher Shion not to throw her partner again.  However, it was already too late.  The poor fairy could almost cry at the site.  It was too late to stop the action from taking place, but maybe she could use it to her own advantage.  She twirled her staff in a circle, creating a small cyclone.

"Tinker Staff Twister!"  The wind shot forth, shooting Gea faster than Shion would've been able to muster.  The Pink Pomegranate easily crashed through the crowd of Kunemon, and was now headed towards the big boss himself.  Kuwagamon took notice of the brightly colored projectile heading his way.  It clicked it's pincers together in annoyance, he opened his mouth wide, probably planning to eat the Pommumon.  However, a small rumbling could be heard from underneath the beetle.  The ground caved in, collapsing from underfoot.  Losing his balance for a second, Kuwagamon tried to readjust himself, his wings starting to flutter at full speed.  Just then, Gea made contact with the Beetle's forehead.  With the extra speed provided by Tinkermon, and the extra mass provided through digivolution, Gea made a greater impact than before, causing Kuwagamon to fall backwards, preventing his takeoff.  

"This will end it."  Seichi declared, as his fist furled up in a yellow aura.  Static seemed to drip between the code that enveloped it.  

"You're such a showoff Boss!  I love it!"  Amp jumped into the air, his own fist gathering electricity.  The duo ran towards the fumbling insect, jumping on top of it's midsection as it fell.  The two pulled their fists back, lightning filling the air around them.  

"GROUNDED CURRENT!"  They yelled in unison, as they drilled punches straight into Kuwagamon's static.  An explosion of light occurred in Fido's hole, a sight which everyone would be able to see from even Asuka City.  After the light faded away, all player's in the area would have their screens forced open.  The text read...

"EMERGENCY MISSION: DEFEAT KUWAGAMON AND HIS ARMY.....

MISSION SUCCESS!  CONGRATULATION TAMERS!

BITS earned: 1000

EXP Earned: 100"

A collective roar rang from the crowded field of Central Park.  The scattered Kunemon ran off in all directions, most heading for the Wire Forest to the East.  All Tamers would receive a direct level up from the mission reward.  Elton was especially granted a single use DigiCard: Sting Cannon, A missile launcher in the shape of a Flymon's Thorax that would fire off a single, venomous stinger.  Amp and Seichi could be seen trying to climb themselves out of Fido's hole.  Tinkermon flew up to Shion and Jeanne.  

"I can never forgive you for your rude handling of your partner...but I will let it slide this time!  You guys really helped a ton!"  Tinkermon's body began to glow, and shortly after burst into data.  The small explosion revealed a girl.  She clutched both of their hands.  "Thanks for helping Seichi shine!  My username is Gusto, but please call me Gust!  Let's be friends!"  After a smile, she turned around and booked it to Seichi, grabbing the boy's arm as he made his way out of the hole.  "Seichi!  Are you okay!  You looked so rad, by the by!"  Aoki made his way over as well, waving the victor down, an exhausted Reef held in his arms.   

"HEY!!!  You're not half bad for a brawler!  Let's fight!  I wanna see who's the better brawler!"  Reef recoiled in shock.

"C-c-captain!  I'm beat!  Can't we save it for later?"  

Aoki mulled the question over for a second before sighing.  

"Fine.  You get a five minute breather..."  Reef began to sob.

"No need."  Seichi finally picked himself out of the hole, Amp clinging to his back.  "I don't have the time."  Seichi adjusted the panting digimon on his back, before looking at Gust.  "Come on.  We're moving to the next Inn."  He looked around again.  "Slink...where are you."  

"Present!"  The man called Slink said directly from behind Seichi.  The boy remained stoic, as Slink sighed.  "Not even a little rise, huh?"

"Next time!"  His small devil digimon tugged on his hand in reassurance.  The trio started making there way to the Wire Forest entrance, as Gust waved to Jeanne and Shion.  Slink made sure to avoid eye contact with Sammy and the Plant, shielding his face from the two as they passed by.  

"I'm definitely gonna fight that guy!"  Aoki said, pumping his fist in excitement.  

Meanwhile, behind Elton, a boy peaked at his new card.  He gave a rather mocking laugh at the sight.  

"Aha!  Just a rare drop!  That's a pity!"  The boy's uername read 'CardCaptor'.  He flashed off his equipment card, Kuwaga Scizzor, at Elton.  "Better luck next time."  

Most of the crowd in the area remained in Central Park, while some went off exploring in every direction.  Some headed towards the Beach to the South, while others climbed the hill that lead to some mountains to the West.  The Digital World was ready for exploring.  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

MISSION SUCCESS! CONGRATULATIONS TAMERS!

Elton sighed out in relief as he descended with the Dash Slider, before having it immediately de-materialize out from under him as his feet hit solid ground. He received the Bits and experience, raising him up to the next level almost immediately. This was definitely a good thing...as was the next thing he received: a DigiCard. Unfortunately for him, it was only a Single-Use one, but nevertheless, he reveled in the fact that this was indeed worth it.

Obtained DigiCard - Sting Cannon

"Sting Cannon huh? Let's take a look at this..." Elton said, immediately opening his menu up and diving right into his inventory and selection the option for his DigiCards.

A Single-Use DigiCard that materializes a missile launcher in the shape of a Flymon's Thorax that would fire off a single, venomous stinger.

"Hmmm now that could definitely be useful." he nodded, not really aware of some random guy being right behind him as he viewed his new card. He only found out he was there after hearing his mocking laughter. Turning around, Elton stared at the glasses wearing young man who's username read "CardCaptor", even flashing his own drop for the Digimon mission.

"Aha! Just a rare drop! That's a pity! Better luck next time."  

Elton stared at the young man before simply nodding. "Good for you. You must be fun at parties with your mocking nature." he smirked, before turning back towards Berg, to which the duo simply bumped fists with one another. "Unfortunately it's a Single-Use one for you, Berg. So we'll need to work with it and figure out a good time to use it before it gets wasted."

"Knowing you, we'll be able to use it properly at the best moment possible." Berg gave his partner a thumbs up, as he looked over his shoulder to glance at CardCaptor. "...so you make a new friend? Or is he an enemy?"

"More like a show off..." Elton snickered with a shrug. "Regardless, least that means I got someone else to possibly have a friendly competition with..." Glancing over in the direction of Aoki and Reef, he made his way and held his fist out towards the blue haired man. "Good work out there...ya know, for a Brawler." The Card Master simply made the verbal jab at the young man, but was genuine in what he said. "So, seeing as we're working together at this point, if our previous conversation before the mission was anything to go by...what's our next course of action, Aoki?"

Sammy

The message of victory came across Sammy's screen just as the last bit of the Flygon melted back into the air. "We did it kid! How does it feel to win a real fight?" Sequoia asked, his roots looking quite worn from the battle.

"Honestly, I just feel relieved we're alright right now. But good job there Sequoia!"

Sammy crouched over and offered Sequoia a fist bump, which he quickly accepted. The two of them just stared at each other for a few minutes, just kind of taking in their victory over overwhelming odds. 

Then Sammy noticed their company was missing.

"Hey Sequoia, did you see where that kid and his digimon went?"

"Which one?"

"The devil-looking one. Weren't they just standing over there?"

"Maybe they couldn't handle our brutal efficiency. I don't know."

Sammy just kind of stood there, the utter ruthlessness of her attack against Flygon only now hitting her. "Oh god..." she muttered to herself. "I'm a mon-"

"Hey kid, you 'aight?" Sequoia asked his tall friend. "You seem a little out of it."

Sammy crutched her face in her hands as she starts to cry. "...I regret everything I regret everything!"

Sequoia looked down towards the ground. "...look, kid, it's fine. If you feel like you went too hard well... there's always next time. And that Flygon did nearly kill us..."

Sammy nodded. "Yeah, I guess you're right... might as well check up on everyone else."

EMERGENCY MISSION: DEFEAT KUWAGAMON AND HIS ARMY.....

EXP Earned: 100

Mission complete. Between Shion's unorthodox yet brilliant combat style, Jeanne's support, and Tinkermon... nah, best not to give that bucket of bolts any credit. And she got some of her bits back too! Very nice! And then Tinkermon burst into data, revealing a girl was the digimon the whole time? There must have been some fine print somewhere in one of those tamer classes Shion overlooked, because that was... actually pretty neat. But for logistical purposes, she elected to not think about how things could have been different if she'd picked that class instead.

"I can never forgive you for your rude handling of your partner...but I will let it slide this time! You guys really helped a ton!"

This Gusto girl sure did turn her attitude around now that the day was saved. Moreover, she was incredibly forward about wanting to be friends. Super forward. Too forward. Whether there was something fishy going on here or not, Shion was taken aback a bit by the sudden and earnest approach. "Ah--er--... Jeanne?" On the best of days she'd hate having to rely on Jeanne for anything. Especially something as trivial as dealing with other people. But this was far from the best of days. She could practically feel Jeanne holding this over her head already.

Tinkermon's reveal as the user Gusto came as something of a surprise but not one Jeanne would let shake her cool. Even the victory over the giant bug hadn't visibly impressed her. Though as Gazimon returned to her side she playfully patted him on the back. This left little else but Shion for her attention as none of the other players or digimon had yet to directly approach the pair. Her friend was floundering at how to respond to Gusto, even going so far as to seek her help in the matter. A small chuckle sounded, letting Shion know she found the situation adorable before she called out to Gusto as she departed to return her goodbye.

"Gust-chan, bye-bye!" she called out and waved, channeling her vtuber energy for an overdramatic gesture. "There, it's like that ya dork." she said abruptly turning back to Shion and laughing. "But hey, no biggie. You'll be a big kid eventually and be able to do all that stuff yourself. For now, we got our slightly bigger digimon and a whole game to tackle. Where ya wanna go next?" As she spoke she hadn't even realized Gazimon had casually taken a hold of one of her hands, and he seemed fairly content for the moment. 

aoki.png

"Good work out there...ya know, for a Brawler." What was that supposed to mean?  His brow furrowed and he stuck his outer lip out.  He crossed his arms to amplify his pouting. "So, seeing as we're working together at this point, if our previous conversation before the mission was anything to go by...what's our next course of action, Aoki?"  Aoki brought up his menu, and began to fiddle with it to see their progress so far. 

"It seems we got barely just enough EXP to Level up...I say we go find ourselves another fight to get there!" 

"Oh come on Boss!  We should make a beeline for the next Inn!"

Aoki, ignoring Reef's whining, also noticed that he was able to click on Elton's username.  In doing so, it asked if he wanted to 'Party Up' with Elton, or add him as a Friend.  He decided to click both.  

"We'll start with this though!  Let's form a group!"  With his mood lightened up from Elt's previous jab, he finally returned the boys fist bump with his own.  "Let's find that really tall chick too!  I want her in the party!"  Aoki made his way to flag down Sammy.  "Heyyyy!  Sammy!"  Aoki invited the girl to their group as well.  "Let's travel together!  Us Brawlers gotta stick together, amiright?!"  

LtREHXT.png?1

If anyone with high perception were to notice, the sound of glitching was heard from 5 specific Digivices in Central Park...those belonging to Sammy, Elton, Jeanne, Shion, and Aoki.  No message would appear if the Tamers were to check...

LtREHXT.png?1

Meanwhile a notification would appear on Jeanne and Shion's interface.  It was a party invite from the user 'GunGalOnline'.  If the two hadn't noticed by now, a Digimon had approached the two.  It stared at the two for a couple of seconds, before sighing.

"You should ask them politely, Miss."

Shakily, from behind the Digimon, a girl appeared.  She had been curled up and hiding behind the Digimon, perfectly obscured from view.  Her fingers pressed against each other, as she couldn't even manage to stare either of the girls in the eye.

"P-pl....pl...Please..."  The girl whispered, barely audible.  "You guys were s-s-s-super..."  

"Allow me to introduce my Tamer, GunGalOnline...or GGO for short.  I am Six, the Commandramon.  My Misses admires your bravery.  It would be an honor if you could escort us to the next Inn."

Spoiler

I am disappointed in the length of this post admittedly.  But the Party system is now here!  Please don't feel obligated to party up if your characters don't want to!  The next move is all up to your discretion!  

"It seems we got barely just enough EXP to Level up...I say we go find ourselves another fight to get there!"

Typical Brawler behavior, always looking for another fight. Honestly it wasn't as crazy as Elton was expecting, though he did have to agree with Reef on this, but he kept quiet for the moment. However, a moment passed, Elton heard a bit of a notification indicator sound before noticing his HUD giving a notification to him. Clicking it, he saw both a Friend Request and a Party Up request from Aoki.

"We'll start with this though! Let's form a group!"

"Sounds like a plan to me." Elton immediately accepted both requests. Same time, he also noticed him recruiting Sammy and her Digimon. Which made sense in the long run. "Well, I may not be a Brawler, but consider this Card Master at your services. Like I said, all I ask for is the DigiCard drops."

"Hell yeah! New allies and the prospects of new stuff to make me awesome! Talk about a job well done, huh boss?" Berg laughed, his hands on his sides as he smiled triumphantly.

Elton nodded. "Definitely." he glanced at both Sammy, Aoki and their Digimon. This was the starts of a good little party. Though his thoughts were cut short by the strange sounds of….glitching? And it sounded like it came from his… Elton moved to grab his Digivice, looking at it and checking to see if he got a notification or anything. Nothing. Not one single thing. Strange…I could've swore I heard something from this… he thought, slowly putting it back. It was probably best not to worry about it right now.

"In any case, I'd advise we should get to the inn and set our spawns there, should anything happen." Elton voiced his thoughts. "Let's be honest, I don't think anyone wants to start back here if we run into any Digimon on the level of Kuwagamon."

Sammy

Sammy was looking at the menus when Aoki tracked her down and loudly greeted "Heyyyy!  Sammy!" Sammy quickly closed out of the menus and turned towards Aoki. 

"Let's travel together!  Us Brawlers gotta stick together, amiright?!"  

"Oh, course I would! Lemme do this real quick...."

She pulled up the menu and quickly partied up  with Aoki and friended the boy, all the while Sequoia was chomping on the bits waiting for further orders. 

"Should all be set now."  Sammy's voice stopped for a moment before she looked down at Aoki. A soft, melancholic undertone weaved through her speech as she said. "...thank you so much. It means a lot."

Sammy took the chance to take some deep breaths in order to keep those painful memories from flooding her mind again. Soon that slight twange of anxiety faded and she was once more ready to face the world.

Edited by FourEyesIsAFish