Fusion

One Piece

One of the greatest manga of all time, hop on reading it if you aren't already.

Chap. 930, what a return

That village of happy people was so endearing and sad, damn. I'm wondering if Zoro will run into Shutenmaru here and they have a fight? It'd give him a fight to grow through and win him over to fight on their side against Kaido through honor/respect or what not.

King being a pterodactyl is cool. All of the top dogs in the Beast Pirates seem to be ancient animals, so maybe Queen is a Triceratops or Ankylosaurus user. 

Big Mom's definitely not out of this yet, I can see her lying on the ocean floor like how Jack was until someone gets her. But I wonder what the contingency plan is there since her and her kids are all DF users. Maybe if they all have mirror shards on their person, Brulee can salvage them into the Mirror World and they'll sneak into Wano that way. It's also very noteworthy how Katakuri is absent here, curious to see if that was a choice of his or Big Mom's. Or both.

I hope Sanji gets a more proper fight here against Page One, looks like it if he's gonna use the Germa tech. Using it to disguise himself is a good way to compel him to use it outside of relying on the gift from his family.

Spoiler

I didn't realize this would be a different leftovers village, I thought Zoro had just somehow backtracked.

I'm so hyped for Power Ranger Sanji, I didn't think it would get used so soon.

Spoiler

Oda missed a real big chance to name the disguise Sobaking. But I really like that Sanji's Germa gear isn't just a standard power up, but also has an ability that relates to him as a character. "My crushed dream has been revitalized by the Germa science that I always despised." is a great line.

And Big Mom with amneisa? This'll be crazy fun. I wonder if, in the process of her eventually getting her memories back, if we'll finally fully get a look at what happened to her old family. Since atm it's implied that she ate them but we don't know 100%, right?

I wonder if Robin will be able to ally with the ninjas. They work for Orochi (I'm assuming), but to me they sort of give off good guy vibes moreso than bad guy vibes, especially Fukurokuju.

Chapter 931

Spoiler

I loved this. I think over the past couple years, Sanji's become my favorite Straw Hat after Luffy. But Zoro's still great, so those two are neck and neck for me.

I busted a gut when it was revealed he can turn invisible and also the Soba Mask name. Another really funny moment was Big Mom's dumb expression when she can't think of who she is. Normally I roll my eyes at amnesia, but I'm good with this because you know there's some incoming hilarity there.

The Oniwaban seem like an interesting group based off their designs. Reminded me of Kumadori (wonder if there's any relation, probably not).

Chapter 931 and onward:

Spoiler

The Oniwabanshu, huh. I count 10 members there, that's quite a lot the crew will have to defeat. I find the boss' glasses amusing, really stand out from their oriental attire and theme xD
I find some of them cool, in particular the one on top of the catfish. However, the little girl with flowers on her hair rubs me the wrong way. There is something about her that I don't like, I'm guessing it's that smug face on their introductory panel, makes me think she will be too annoying for the crew. Hope she is among the first ones to be defeated.
Big Mom getting amnesia and temporarily joining the crew? It's really outrageous but by now I know I should always expect the unexpected from Oda, he can come up with pretty much anything. This further supports a personal suspicion of mine: that Gol D. may actually be still alive, somehow. Cannot really support it of course, but if Oda comes with with such plot twists, I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped something like that, too. Gol could have found something in Raftel that enabled him to fake a death. But I digress.
So the Shogun is another dragon mythical Zoan, this time a Yamata dragon, heh. There are plenty of dragons already in this arc.
The stunt between the courtesan and the samurai boss Kyoshiro... IDK if the stamped paper is already a hint but I feel it was a ruse in favor of Kin'emon's revolt.

Edited by Darj

One thing One Piece is always good at is shit hitting the fan and completely chaos breaking out, these past chapters have been really fun with that.

Spoiler

Ooh, I didn't think we'd get a Benkei-like character, this is cool. The question now is if this guy will actually give Zoro the first real fight he's had since before the time skip.

And I dunno about you guys but I think Queen is a great character, he's the perfect One Piece style of goofy and is quite fun so far.

So, the most recent chapter. God damn. Wano has been shaping up to be one of the greats. Oda's ability to balance such a large cast, his coordination as he has the various characters move around the world, and how he can still give major characters cool little moments is in a class all its own. After this chapter it honestly feels like this might surpass all the others so far. Like, god damn. It is so common that the super long running anything end up dropping in quality, but these past couple years have seen some of Oda's strongest stuff in my opinion. 

For sure, this is absolutely an amazing chapter.

Spoiler

Yasu heroically sacrificing himself to orchestrate a lie to keep the secret plan going while simultaneously planting seeds of doubt in Orochi, what a hell of a guy. The panel of Toko forced to laugh at her father's death while crying is heartbreaking.

Edited by Shradow

Spoiler

Man, things are getting even more depressing. But at least now Zoro and Sanji are back together again and gonna kick some ass!

Also, saw this on reddit:

"Zoro and Sanji haven't been together since Chapter 722, that was officially released on September 30th 2013. It has been something like 5 years, 7 months, 21 days. Meaning we spent 221 chapters without them together, which is 23.4% of the entire series."

That's actually longer than My Hero Academia has been a thing.

Edited by Shradow

The latest chapters were full of fanservices. Lots of bigshot bounty values revealed, the start of Wano act 3, and a ton of hype for the upcoming battle!

One of my favorite little bits from the recent chapters is learning Garp never became an Admiral because he hates the Celestial Dragons. Like, it really makes me happy. Learning about Rocks was something else too.

We have no arrived at the prerequisite flashback portion of the arc. Thinking about it I think every major arc has had one. While the small arcs don't have them the only major stretch I can think of without one is really the stuff when the crew separated but that still ends with Luffy's full backstory. Also, god damn Oden might be the most "larger than life" character in One Piece.