Sign in to follow this  
Comrade Duck

What Are Your Halloween Plans?

Whatchall doin? Got a costume you wanna share? Got plans? Going to a party? Staying in and watching horror movies? Whatchall doin?

I've no idea. I guess buy food for the afternoon, maybe have some candy. Maybe give some out the few people who knock on our door that afternoon.

I have a plague doctor costume that I got two years ago. I'd love to dawn that this Halloween once again.

Eating candy and maybe giving some to the smallest kids that come around um....

Yeah despite liking Halloween themed things I don't usually do much in particular

There might be a costume day at work the Friday beforehand, but otherwise no plans. My parents might invite me over for dinner like usual on Sundays, but that means there might be trick-or-treaters ringing the doorbell and riling up the dog, so I'll have to hold him back while I'm there. Fun.

13 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I know this says plans but Halloween update

Saw a murder of crows on way to grocery store and gave some candy to a skeleton, spooky scary

I forgot that was what a group of crows was called, lol

As for me, people dressed up at work and we had a shit ton of themed donuts. I didn't have anything to go as, so I just taped 5 cents to my back and went as Nickelback.

Then yesterday my parents made peanut butter and jelly pulled pork sandwiches and sent me home with some of their stash, which was pretty neat.

On 11/1/2021 at 7:10 AM, Thar said:

my parents made peanut butter and jelly pulled pork sandwiches

That... is something I kinda wanna try. How does the texture of the peanut butter and jelly hold with the pulled pork? And is it just pulled pork or is there a bbq sauce?

8 minutes ago, Comrade Duck said:

That... is something I kinda wanna try. How does the texture of the peanut butter and jelly hold with the pulled pork? And is it just pulled pork or is there a bbq sauce?

It's pork shoulder slow-cooked in a peanut-butter and jelly-based marinade until tender, and it was incredible. In fact, the inspiration was from my mention of something I made for myself some time ago: A pork-chop PB&J, made of a pork-chop that I pan-fried in butter, chopped up into strips, and made into a sandwich with peanut butter and jelly.

I highly recommend both.